Colours Restaurant - Northlands Park
7410 Borden Park Rd NW
Edmonton, AB T5B 4W9Neighborhood:
CanadianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Colours Restaurant - Northlands Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.northlandspark.ca/
- Phone: 7804713380x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday's: 12pm - 2nd last race
Wednesday & Friday: 5:30pm - 2nd last race
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Canadian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eddie Lo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live horse racing, Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Satuday.
Casino featuring electronic table games.
- Special Events: 85th Canadian Derby Saturday August 16, 2014. Reservations for Colours Restaurant being accepted by phone only at 780-471-3380. Ticket price is $130.00 per person. There are no cancellations, exchanges, or refunds on purchased Canadian Derby Colours Restaurant Tickets. For package and menu information please visit www.northlandspark.ca
A word from Colours Restaurant - Northlands Park
Enjoy a buffet lunch, brunch or dinner featuring a wide variety of local dishes, highlighted on Wednesdays and Friday Evenings and Saturday day racings.Continued
The ultimate dining experience while viewing live harness and thoroughbred horse racing.
The ultimate dining experience while viewing live harness and thoroughbred horse racing.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Colours Restaurant - Northlands Park reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (53)special occasion (31)scenic view (22)great for brunch (18)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (11)fit for foodies (7)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (5)neighborhood gem (5)notable wine list (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)romantic (1)Show More
- cheesecakeC12Dined on 9/27/2014Our lunch was very good. Our serve was excellent and very attentive. We always enjoy our visit. Our company really enjoyed themselves and were very pleased with the seating as we were very happy with C12, great view. Thank-you.Special Features:
- Not ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014We were not impressed with the food and service. Service was very slow, hard to flag anyone down and not helpful when we did. We were also not impressed with the additional 18% we had to pay on top of the $24.95/person. We asked what it was for and got a garbled reply so we still don't know what it was for. This is something that should be posted somewhere so patrons are aware. That was our first time at Colours and will be our last. It's a shame because the horse race part was awesome.
- FoodBadfoodDined on 9/26/2014Buffet was over priced, bad selection, McDonald's would have been betterSpecial Features:
- Poor selectionVisitorDined on 9/24/2014My first issue was there were many tables open but the hostess did not give me an option of where to sit. Some of the seats at the top do not have a complete view of the track. My second issue was I really did not enjoy the choice of beef. I wish there would have been a better cut than that. Finally, no dessert bar was dissappointing as well.
- Nice to watch the races over dinnerEatbeforeyougoDined on 9/17/2014Poor service at the table made dinning unpleasant. Tables not cleared while servers chatted with each otherSpecial Features:
- servicealittledisapointedDined on 9/17/2014we really didn't have much for service. asked for refill for tea 3 times. had to wait till after the races were over to get the bill, and that only after another table went and asked for it. If you on the top rows you can't see the whole race track. We did get to move down.Special Features:
- A Fun alternative for dining outSharsharlikesDined on 9/17/2014Colours is a fun place to combine an event and dinner. It lends itself to a dress-up dinner, or a casual meal focused on horse racing. Very enjoyable and affordable dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014The food was fine. The service was terrible. We had not been there before so were unaware of the routine, where to go for food, etc. We asked for water and it took 45 minutes to receive it. My daughter asked for ketchup and the waitress never came back. We were there for approximately 3 hours and we saw our waitress maybe 3 times. Our water, bottomless pop, coffee and tea were never refilled or offered. We noticed other sections were getting their dessert however we were never offered it. when we did finally get her attention she said she thought somebody else was doing it. Needless to say it was an unpleasant experience.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014It was just okay however the service was horrible, our waitress did not have a clue what she was doingSpecial Features:
- FunOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014Our family group enjoyed the afternoon of racing and the variety of food was very good. Our server enhanced our experience. That was much appreciated!Special Features:
- Buffet has poor selection12erfDined on 8/30/2014They offered a buffet for $25 and it was only worth probably $10 or less. No drinks other than water included and only one main entree which was very fatty BBQ chicken. Service was adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJennariDined on 8/30/2014I am disappointed that they have removed the menu option and overcharge for the buffet which I don't eat enough food to get my monies worth. Also removing the pitchers of beer and the waitress was rather short with a few of us at the beginning but when it came time to pay she was happier toward us. Would not dine there again.Special Features:
- Great Place to Eat! !!Bigbear1945Dined on 8/29/2014We totally enjoyed the evening. Great food, great service and the races were lots of fun. We will be back!!! :o)Special Features:
- HappyDined on 8/29/2014Good food and service and good place to visit at the racetrackSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shake-up needed at NorthlandsJebbDined on 8/29/2014Northlands used to offer excellent food at Colours Restaurant. However, there must be some severe management problems as the buffet on Aug. 29 was about the worst food that our family has ever had at an Edmonton restaurant. There were limited options, nothing could be described as excellent or even very good, and the three dessert options were all terrible. Unfortunately, even the service was poor, partly due to training issues and possibly also due to not enough staff. This experience saddens me as I am a supporter of Northlands. They have got to get their act together at Colours or people will never return.Special Features:
- Who's in charge here? It's terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I made a reservation at Colors for a birthday dinner. I was not at anytime made aware that the restaurant was only offering a buffet that evening. We were expecting a full menu & a pleasant dining experience. I overlooked the buffet and it was sloppy, with limited selections. The food looked like it had come out of a freezer, & there was food all over the floor. No soup or salad when I checked. Disgusting. I would not have come at all, had I known that I couldn't order off the menu. The hostess tried to make up for this & offered us some vouchers for food at the bar. However, there was only enough to cover 2 sandwiches ($16 a sandwich!) & we had to pay $3 on top of that. There were 3 of us, 1 went hungry, & they charged us for drinks!
- Colours reviewAug27threviewDined on 8/27/2014We had 8 people in our group so had to sit at two separate tables. Would have preferred to all sit together. Salad bar was good. Other selections OK. Would have liked to be able to order from a menu. Service overall was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night at the races!Kowgirlkim1Dined on 8/27/2014Great meal to go along with exciting horse races! It was a win win night all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy ImprovementsJustOK8Dined on 8/27/2014Offer a better menu and more variety of drinks like any pub/restaurant these days and you would appeal to a younger crowd as well as the older people.Special Features:
- Great to meet friends thereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014The food at Colours restaurant was excellent, very delicious and a good variety. A special touch was the serving of warm bread at the tables. Our server was quite slow and seemed overwhelmed. We had difficulty trying to get another bottle of wine to our table. We met up with old friends and it was a wonderful evening where we could eat leisurely, and enjoy the races. It was their first time and they loved it and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014I found the food good, but the price for what was available is pricey for the buffet dinner. After we were seated, the waiter took about 10 min to ask us for drink choices. He came back 15 min later to tell us the beer choice was unavailable and the bottle of wine we ordered was unavailable. We made new choices, and the beer arrived but the wine took about 20 min more. Not acceptable.
- Cold & BlandjjjjDined on 8/20/2014The buffet is mandatory if you want to sit in the restaurant. Northlands seems to think that makes it acceptable to serve poor quality food. Everything was lukewarm and nothing had any flavour.
- DISSAPOINTEDDISSAPOINTEDDined on 8/20/2014NO CHOICE BUT THE BUFFET. ORDERED THREE DIFFERENT BEER TYPES AND TWO WERE OUT OF STOCK. ASKED WHAT WAS ON TAP AND WAS TOLD THAT THERE WERE ONLY TWO CHOICES AND THAT IT WOULD TAKE LONGER. HAD TO ASK AT THE BUFFET ABOUT DESSERT AND WAS TOLD THAT IT WAS ORDERED AT THE TABLE. HAD TO ASK WHAT THE CHOICES WERE. SALAD, DESSERT AND COFFEE WERE GOOD BUT THE FOOD WAS COLD BY THE TIME WE GOT IT TO THE TABLE TO EAT AND THE ROAST BEEF WAS QUITE STRINGY.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Great for the horse racing.....however the dining experience needs some work.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Buffet was ok. (Lamb was overcooked, pasta was overcooked, potatoes were overcooked, garlic bread was very dry - Pork ribs were delicious and tender, salads were mostly good, and dessert was awesome.) Service was pretty slow (Our waiter was new.) But, we mostly went to watch the races. Our group had a fun night and we'd definitely do it again. Will probably try the ala carte menu next time.Special Features:
- Good horses- bad foodJstockDined on 8/15/2014We went for a family birthday night- and the races themselves were wonderful. However, the buffet food was cold, bland, and without much variety. I wish there were more options and that the food was better cooked. It took our server forever to come with out drink orders and dessert, and we couldn't even find him to get chance from out bill- we had to leave it with the bar and get change from them. Highly overpriced for poor service and food.Special Features:
- Poor / Needs to changeDisappointedDined on 8/13/2014Our food experience there was not great at all. Our service was great. The races were good. But the food was nasty! $25.00 Each for a buffet that has nothing to offer. The roast beef was dry & tasteless; to other hot items were dry & stuck to the bottom of the containers. All the food that I tasted was un-appealing and not a great variety. We will not be returning until they have something / anything else to offer the clients in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Anniversary.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Outstanding service and excellent food. Horse races second to none! Edmonton is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- menu changeMorganDined on 8/4/2014We used to enjoy an outing at the track and staying at Colours, however since they cancelled their menu service and have moved to buffet, there buffet is something to be desire for. There were no options for vegetarians other than salad and some mushy vegetables.
- Day at the trackQuicky1Dined on 8/4/2014Spent the day at the track with the family. Had a good time watching the horses run and tried to cash in on some bets. Didn't go over too wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodhorsesDined on 8/2/2014food was great and service was really good. Hope to book again in the near future.Special Features:
- A change of paceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We go to the track a couple of times a year and bring friends and other couples and we always have a great time...Special Features:
- great time outgeorgeDined on 8/2/2014I had to give my reservation to my in laws since another occasion came up. Their view of the the buffet was very good. with the horse races, it was a great evening. enjoyed the beef inside Yorkshire pudding. missed the prime rib. guess it is only in the evening supper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good. Service was good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014We will come back. Very quiet-easy going evening of horese racing entertainment.Special Features:
- Great evening outtomandbec8Dined on 7/30/2014We were very surprised at the overall service provided. Setting was terrific. The food was excellent value. The overall atmosphere was extremely pleasant. We highly recommend Northlands for an evening out, whether you are a race fan or not.Special Features:
- DisappointedNeilmDined on 7/30/2014When i Booked I asked to be close to the buffet as 2 of our party have artificial knees. They put us in D-2 which is about as far from the buffet and betting services as you can get and by the end of the evening we could hardly walk. Do they not look at requests because there were vacant tables in rows A,B, and C closer to the center. The buffet was mediocre as was the service. When you could order off the menu the food was superior and the servers were more on the ball. This is definitely a step back. The races are still entertaining.Special Features:
- changes are not improvementsSquirrelygirlDined on 7/25/2014changes to Colours are not positive, the food, service, atmosphere, have all deteriorated.Special Features:
- Very Limited BuffetBsharpeDined on 7/23/2014Compared to our visit last year, their buffet seriously declined in selection and quality. There was limited choice and the pesto chicken was overcooked. The Caesar salad was swimming in dressing. They ran out of beef on the carvery early into dinner. You had to get the bread and dessert from your server if you could find her. Our service was very lacking and I had to look for her. No cheese or fruit at all. The best was the bread and the fruit pie. Definitely not worth the $25 plate price.
- Not recommendedstayathomeDined on 7/23/2014Buffet at $24.95 was the only choice and not a good one. Beef, Chicken, Cannelloni, Meatloaf all dry. Pork undercooked, Salad bar and dessert were good.
- EnjoyoutingsDined on 7/18/2014Was very disappointed in the food would rather menu only good thing on the buffet was the prime ribSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.