Colours Restaurant - Northlands Park
7410 Borden Park Rd NW
Edmonton, AB T5B 4W9Neighborhood:
CanadianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Colours Restaurant - Northlands Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.northlandspark.ca/
- Phone: 7804713380x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday's: 12pm - 2nd last race
Wednesday & Friday: 5:30pm - 2nd last race
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Canadian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eddie Lo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live horse racing, Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Satuday.
Casino featuring electronic table games.
- Special Events: 85th Canadian Derby Saturday August 16, 2014. Reservations for Colours Restaurant being accepted by phone only at 780-471-3380. Ticket price is $130.00 per person. There are no cancellations, exchanges, or refunds on purchased Canadian Derby Colours Restaurant Tickets. For package and menu information please visit www.northlandspark.ca
A word from Colours Restaurant - Northlands Park
Enjoy a buffet lunch, brunch or dinner featuring a wide variety of local dishes, highlighted on Wednesdays and Friday Evenings and Saturday day racings.Continued
The ultimate dining experience while viewing live harness and thoroughbred horse racing.
The ultimate dining experience while viewing live harness and thoroughbred horse racing.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Colours Restaurant - Northlands Park reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (58)scenic view (35)special occasion (33)great for brunch (18)kid-friendly (15)great for lunch (11)fit for foodies (7)notable wine list (6)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (6)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Buffet has poor selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014They offered a buffet for $25 and it was only worth probably $10 or less. No drinks other than water included and only one main entree which was very fatty BBQ chicken. Service was adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014I am disappointed that they have removed the menu option and overcharge for the buffet which I don't eat enough food to get my monies worth. Also removing the pitchers of beer and the waitress was rather short with a few of us at the beginning but when it came time to pay she was happier toward us. Would not dine there again.Special Features:
- Great Place to Eat! !!Bigbear1945Dined on 8/29/2014We totally enjoyed the evening. Great food, great service and the races were lots of fun. We will be back!!! :o)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Good food and service and good place to visit at the racetrackSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shake-up needed at NorthlandsJebbDined on 8/29/2014Northlands used to offer excellent food at Colours Restaurant. However, there must be some severe management problems as the buffet on Aug. 29 was about the worst food that our family has ever had at an Edmonton restaurant. There were limited options, nothing could be described as excellent or even very good, and the three dessert options were all terrible. Unfortunately, even the service was poor, partly due to training issues and possibly also due to not enough staff. This experience saddens me as I am a supporter of Northlands. They have got to get their act together at Colours or people will never return.Special Features:
- Who's in charge here? It's terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I made a reservation at Colors for a birthday dinner. I was not at anytime made aware that the restaurant was only offering a buffet that evening. We were expecting a full menu & a pleasant dining experience. I overlooked the buffet and it was sloppy, with limited selections. The food looked like it had come out of a freezer, & there was food all over the floor. No soup or salad when I checked. Disgusting. I would not have come at all, had I known that I couldn't order off the menu. The hostess tried to make up for this & offered us some vouchers for food at the bar. However, there was only enough to cover 2 sandwiches ($16 a sandwich!) & we had to pay $3 on top of that. There were 3 of us, 1 went hungry, & they charged us for drinks!
- Colours reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/27/2014We had 8 people in our group so had to sit at two separate tables. Would have preferred to all sit together. Salad bar was good. Other selections OK. Would have liked to be able to order from a menu. Service overall was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night at the races!Kowgirlkim1Dined on 8/27/2014Great meal to go along with exciting horse races! It was a win win night all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy ImprovementsJustOK8Dined on 8/27/2014Offer a better menu and more variety of drinks like any pub/restaurant these days and you would appeal to a younger crowd as well as the older people.Special Features:
- Great to meet friends thereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014The food at Colours restaurant was excellent, very delicious and a good variety. A special touch was the serving of warm bread at the tables. Our server was quite slow and seemed overwhelmed. We had difficulty trying to get another bottle of wine to our table. We met up with old friends and it was a wonderful evening where we could eat leisurely, and enjoy the races. It was their first time and they loved it and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014I found the food good, but the price for what was available is pricey for the buffet dinner. After we were seated, the waiter took about 10 min to ask us for drink choices. He came back 15 min later to tell us the beer choice was unavailable and the bottle of wine we ordered was unavailable. We made new choices, and the beer arrived but the wine took about 20 min more. Not acceptable.
- Cold & BlandjjjjDined on 8/20/2014The buffet is mandatory if you want to sit in the restaurant. Northlands seems to think that makes it acceptable to serve poor quality food. Everything was lukewarm and nothing had any flavour.
- DISSAPOINTEDDISSAPOINTEDDined on 8/20/2014NO CHOICE BUT THE BUFFET. ORDERED THREE DIFFERENT BEER TYPES AND TWO WERE OUT OF STOCK. ASKED WHAT WAS ON TAP AND WAS TOLD THAT THERE WERE ONLY TWO CHOICES AND THAT IT WOULD TAKE LONGER. HAD TO ASK AT THE BUFFET ABOUT DESSERT AND WAS TOLD THAT IT WAS ORDERED AT THE TABLE. HAD TO ASK WHAT THE CHOICES WERE. SALAD, DESSERT AND COFFEE WERE GOOD BUT THE FOOD WAS COLD BY THE TIME WE GOT IT TO THE TABLE TO EAT AND THE ROAST BEEF WAS QUITE STRINGY.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Great for the horse racing.....however the dining experience needs some work.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Buffet was ok. (Lamb was overcooked, pasta was overcooked, potatoes were overcooked, garlic bread was very dry - Pork ribs were delicious and tender, salads were mostly good, and dessert was awesome.) Service was pretty slow (Our waiter was new.) But, we mostly went to watch the races. Our group had a fun night and we'd definitely do it again. Will probably try the ala carte menu next time.Special Features:
- Good horses- bad foodJstockDined on 8/15/2014We went for a family birthday night- and the races themselves were wonderful. However, the buffet food was cold, bland, and without much variety. I wish there were more options and that the food was better cooked. It took our server forever to come with out drink orders and dessert, and we couldn't even find him to get chance from out bill- we had to leave it with the bar and get change from them. Highly overpriced for poor service and food.Special Features:
- Anniversary.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Outstanding service and excellent food. Horse races second to none! Edmonton is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- menu changeMorganDined on 8/4/2014We used to enjoy an outing at the track and staying at Colours, however since they cancelled their menu service and have moved to buffet, there buffet is something to be desire for. There were no options for vegetarians other than salad and some mushy vegetables.
- Day at the trackQuicky1Dined on 8/4/2014Spent the day at the track with the family. Had a good time watching the horses run and tried to cash in on some bets. Didn't go over too wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodhorsesDined on 8/2/2014food was great and service was really good. Hope to book again in the near future.Special Features:
- A change of paceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We go to the track a couple of times a year and bring friends and other couples and we always have a great time...Special Features:
- great time outgeorgeDined on 8/2/2014I had to give my reservation to my in laws since another occasion came up. Their view of the the buffet was very good. with the horse races, it was a great evening. enjoyed the beef inside Yorkshire pudding. missed the prime rib. guess it is only in the evening supper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good. Service was good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014We will come back. Very quiet-easy going evening of horese racing entertainment.Special Features:
- Great evening outtomandbec8Dined on 7/30/2014We were very surprised at the overall service provided. Setting was terrific. The food was excellent value. The overall atmosphere was extremely pleasant. We highly recommend Northlands for an evening out, whether you are a race fan or not.Special Features:
- DisappointedNeilmDined on 7/30/2014When i Booked I asked to be close to the buffet as 2 of our party have artificial knees. They put us in D-2 which is about as far from the buffet and betting services as you can get and by the end of the evening we could hardly walk. Do they not look at requests because there were vacant tables in rows A,B, and C closer to the center. The buffet was mediocre as was the service. When you could order off the menu the food was superior and the servers were more on the ball. This is definitely a step back. The races are still entertaining.Special Features:
- changes are not improvementsSquirrelygirlDined on 7/25/2014changes to Colours are not positive, the food, service, atmosphere, have all deteriorated.Special Features:
- Very Limited BuffetBsharpeDined on 7/23/2014Compared to our visit last year, their buffet seriously declined in selection and quality. There was limited choice and the pesto chicken was overcooked. The Caesar salad was swimming in dressing. They ran out of beef on the carvery early into dinner. You had to get the bread and dessert from your server if you could find her. Our service was very lacking and I had to look for her. No cheese or fruit at all. The best was the bread and the fruit pie. Definitely not worth the $25 plate price.
- Not recommendedstayathomeDined on 7/23/2014Buffet at $24.95 was the only choice and not a good one. Beef, Chicken, Cannelloni, Meatloaf all dry. Pork undercooked, Salad bar and dessert were good.
- EnjoyoutingsDined on 7/18/2014Was very disappointed in the food would rather menu only good thing on the buffet was the prime ribSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Our server rarely came to our table but other servers were very helpful. The food was great, the races were exciting and we enjoyed ourselves very much. We will eagerly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptional service and qualityGenMDined on 7/12/2014The server was great, very friendly and accommodating for a group with some specific needs. The food was great, and so much variety, you sit and eat all day while watching the race. Everything is included and very economical considering the environment and the quality. We will be going back for sure.Special Features:
- BryanDined on 7/11/2014We had the buffet there on Friday evening. The quality of the food was very good but unfortunately the food was cold to warm and the only hot item was the soup. Had a good selection but unfortunatly not hot.Special Features:
- Worst service I've ever hadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014We were celebrating a special occasion and had been to Colours before and enjoyed it. This evening was a DISASTER! There was no Buffet on this night and we ordered from a menu, we had to ask for the menu and were given one to share between 4 people, our meal then took one and a half hours to arrive. All we ordered were two fish and chip and two sandwiches . After our meals were finished, two more orders of fish and chips arrived ,which we sent back. Then another full order of sandwiches and fish and chips arrived, again sent back! What a gong show and what a waste of food. Won't be back and can see why Northlands always has it's hand out for funds, Total Gong Show.
- Food & view of track were greatplaytheponiesDined on 7/4/2014The check in was good, food was great, view was awesome. The service was slow. We waited a minimum of 20 minutes to get our drink order. We were unaware it was a buffet, and after waiting awhile for menus, we finally caught our servers attention and found out. I believe our server came back to check on us once during dinner. We were also not told that dessert was included with the buffet. As I said the food was great, and overall we would be willing to give it another try at some point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprised it was only a buffet nowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014I found the food good but limited for the price of $24.95Special Features:
- Faded ColoursWitchitaKansasDined on 7/1/2014Colours offers a fabulous view of the race track, its only redeeming feature. It was once a decent place for standard fare but has deteriorated from o.k. to frankenfood. I booked for July 1st, which is a great day to go to the horse races. The first unpleasant surprise was the sign that said you MUST purchase the buffet at $25 or if you don't a $20 charge is still applied. Except for the salads, the buffet food was inedible unless you have lost your sense of smell (and sight). In terms of horror factor, the dense grey meat loaf stood out. The servers stayed huddled around their stations, so good luck getting their attention, and we asked to see the manager but got a no-show. Looks like Colours has faded to a whiter shade of pale.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Waiter was way too busy to do a good job. There were a lot of table cleaners but not enough senior staffSpecial Features:
- kirbycohlerDined on 6/27/2014The food was tasty enough but there wasn't very much selection. For a $25 buffet I would have expected more choices. The prime rib was very good, but there wasn't much else to choose from. The desserts were great! Drink service was a bit slow, but it seemed that the waitress had a lot of tables to deal with rather than she was just being lazy or didn't know what she was doing. She was very apologetic so that made things better. All in all, I would return to the racetrack for a special event but would hope for more options on the buffet.Special Features:
- Over priced buffetNotworthitDined on 6/27/2014Service was lousy, took forever to get drinks. Had to walk up to the bar to get drinks numerous times. Would ask waitress's for items and they would never come
- Colours was badSandraWDined on 6/27/2014The only thing Colours restaurant has going for it is its location to the race track. The food was awful. I had fish and chips -- the fish was right out of a freezer box and deep fried to the point that the fish was dried out. My husband had their steak sandwich -- the meat was small, over cooked and dry and too chewy. Although the service was attentive, our girl was new. She didn't know how to open a bottle of wine with a corkscrew. She gave us the wrong bill and had to find the right one. She had no answers to our questions. Don't know what you do when you come to the track, because you get this same bad food in the bar area as well - without the view of the track. Maybe you have to bring a lunch with you.Special Features: