Colore Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria
2700 S. Broadway
Englewood, CO 80113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Colore Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://coloreitalian.com/
- Phone: (303) 761-4332
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00AM - 2:00PM
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00AM - 4:00PM, Saturday & Sunday 10:00AM - 4:00PM
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00PM - 9:00PM, Friday & Saturday 4:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Javier Torres
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Colore offers casual catering for your function. We will deliver and set up throughout the Denver metro area.
A word from Colore Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria
Colore Italian Restaurant offers traditional Italian American cuisine utilizing the freshest ingredients, skillfully prepared in our open kitchen. The food is straightforward, and prepared with traditional technique. From our Wood-Stone oven we offer New York style hand-stretched pizzas and calzones, as well as comforting pastas, traditional sandwiches, fresh salads and incredible desserts. A well balanced wine, beer and cocktail list featuring several local suppliers compliments the hearty fare. Housed in the first certified green building in Englewood, the interior of the restaurant is modern, bright and contemporary with large windows, butcher block tables, big cozy booths and soft red leather chairs. Ample adjacent parking and a street-side patio welcome guests to bask in the buzz of the new South Broadway. Minutes from The University of Denver and just south of the Old Pearl Street shopping district, Colore brings a modern feel and a comfortable menu to the South Denver.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Colore Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria - Best Restaurants in Englewood ›
Colore Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)good for groups (12)fit for foodies (11)kid-friendly (9)romantic (5)special occasion (5)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)notable wine list (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- ColoreGooeyhooeyVIPDined on 11/24/2014We came across Colore a couple years ago, not long after it opened. Initially we patronized it for lunch and then became dinner customers. The food is always tasty, service is responsive and reliable the setting is pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- accommodatingPragueDined on 11/10/2014Spend the dinner hour enjoying a corner booth with my husband. Hadn't visited since summer (when I moved from vegetarian to vegan) so was happy to have the eggplant dish modified for me. Wish they would have added additional grilled veggies to the dish since they charged me full price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for before the concertJacuziDined on 11/7/2014I have enjoyed a meal at this restaurant before, but it was introductory for my friend who has hearing aides. She asked for seating at a booth so she could converse more easily. We were granted a booth, much to our appreciation. Food was so good. Not just interesting flavors, but the match between expectations and delivery were perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing - Every Single Time!JouJouDined on 11/5/2014Amazing hospitality and delicious food always! On this trip, we ordered the sea bass special and it was out of this world. The chicken saltimboca is ethereal and their classic Italian dishes are always perfect. Love the Staff, too!Special Features:
- mlskDined on 10/28/2014Menu is full of many selections; good variety in all categories. Very pleasant atmosphere; cozy and spacious at the same time! The Chilean Sea Bass was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food and servicegydzDined on 10/24/2014We went to Colore Italian before a concert at Swallow Hill. We had the pizza w/chicken and artichoke which our teen daughter loved; our son had the lobster ravioli - the sauce was delicious which was great to sop up with the rolls they gave us. My husband and I both had salads, the Colore and the chicken w/spinach and bacon, and both were excellent. Service was great, too. We had been to Colore Italian before and returned because of our positive experience. It's not inexpensive but it's not off the charts, either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousscoobysnacksDined on 10/15/2014This is my favorite Italian restaurant in town you must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MageeVIPDined on 9/20/2014The food was good but the service was iffy, friendly but not sharp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Good Food, consistently!TerriODined on 9/13/2014We like this restaurant. It's food is consistently well prepared and tasty. Grab a Pizza or a Pasta or a Italian Specialty. All are well done.Special Features:
- FantasticDBeeDined on 9/11/2014We had a delicious meal and wonderful service. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy the foodGoodmealDined on 9/6/2014I've been here several times and have liked each meal, specifically the the eggplant rollatina. I would skip the nutella chocolate cake. I could only taste the nutella in one bite of the whole cake. It is a bit noisy in the evenings, less so for lunch.Special Features:
- One of our go-to favorites!pgbealDined on 9/3/2014Colore is our very favorite neighborhood restaurant! Its a wonderful place to go with friends to have good italian food and relaxing conversation. So many restaurants are noisy and not relaxing. Colore is that restaurant that is the place to go when you want a nice italian dinner and a really relaxing atmosphere. The staff is always courteous and accommodating. Give it a try … you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchreviewVIPDined on 8/24/2014Great brunch with excellent food options and great drink list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer-friendly withkrsteinbDined on 8/14/2014We have eaten here many times. The food is consistently very good and staff is responsive to our needs. Since the kitchen mistakenly dressed the salad, our server brought an extra big portion of salad, undressed, for our granddaughter, at no charge. Also, no charge for her chocolate mousse dessert because it was her birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlimfoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014Excellent service and dependably consistent good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 81 reviews are from the Colore Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria reviews archive.
- Consistently good experience.rlmgolferDined on 7/20/2014Colore is one of our two favorite Italian restaurants, along with Cucina Colore (no relation). The staff is very friendly, always attentive, well trained and always seem to care. Food selection and quality is excellent. The place is light and airy, and just the right size. We will always go back and our family loves the place.Special Features:
- Great findDenverdinerDined on 7/19/2014This neighborhood place belies the wonderful food that comes from the kitchen. Unassuming building on an unassuming corner. But inside the staff is friendly, the food is great...and the peach bread pudding is out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening outPragueDined on 7/10/2014Colore is a go-to spot, no matter how many people in the group! Plenty of food choices, atmosphere can get a bit loud when full.Special Features:
- Go for Brunch!kateylynnVIPDined on 6/28/2014We tried Colore for brunch and it was really good! They serve a breakfast pizza, which is fun ad different, as well as more traditional fare. There were two Benedicts to choose from. Don't forget to try the Zeppoli= a light little "doughnut" treat with whipped creme and strawberries. Prices are quite reasonable, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!OksanaVIPDined on 6/22/2014Nice to have a brunch menu that is different and exciting! Lovely place that was fun to experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinnerspartanfan85Dined on 6/7/2014As always, our dinner was amazing. The staff is very friendly & knowledgeable. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal ItalianMLaRoccaDined on 5/12/2014Walking into this quaint little restaurant we were immediately greeted by a friendly face and after commenting we were cold placed by the 'faux fireplace'. GREAT sense of humor! Once seated we agreed on the artichoke/jalapeno dip which was FABULOUS! I've had lobster ravioli in many places, and this was wonderful! The shrimp actually tasted fresh (this is saying a lot, I'm from the coast) and the ravioli were perfect!! I also had a few house martinis, equally fabulous. My daughters Chicken Alfredo was delicious! I would ABSOLUTELY return, just thinking of it makes my mouth water. Ok, onto the service, it was fantastic. What a great find! I can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Great find !JudesDined on 5/3/2014A friend suggested Colore for my birthday celebration. Had a great meal and fun te!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real findLindaluVIPDined on 4/30/2014To me, this is a perfect restaurant in that there's lots of variety, it's in an affordable range (so I can go more often), and it a nice, comfortable atmosphere. Food was delicious, too.Special Features:
- Lunch spotPragueDined on 4/30/2014Needing a fun place for a group lunch on a weekday? This is the spot! Great variety on the menu, a bit loud at times, just a little too slow in service if you have limkted time.Special Features:
- dcampVIPDined on 4/21/2014Our first time to the restaurant and it was great! We were there early on a weeknight so it was a little quiet, not crowded but we had a nice booth by a window and the server was very attentive and helpful with the menu. Enjoyed our meals (lobster ravioli and penne w/sausage). We would go back. I think the pizzas would be good to try next!Special Features:
- We Love this Place!DennyVIPDined on 3/30/2014We have made a point of dining there at least once a week. I love their Calore salad for lunch and my dinner favorites are their chicken saltimboca and their grilled salmon. The staff is exceptional, the ambiance is fresh and modern and the food is simply wonderful. Far from a "pizza place", their refined menu is more typical of a small high quality Italian restaurant, a result of the fact that their talented master chef is one of the owners. Chris, another of the owners, cheerfully greets arriving guests and escorts them to a table of their choosing. It's a great place with great owners and wonderful staff. DennySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at great prices.SlimfoodieVIPDined on 2/21/2014Good food at great prices. Efficient friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!TracyDined on 2/14/2014Loved this restaurant. Great food, awesome atmosphere and pleasant, friendly waiters/waitresses. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, well servedTerriODined on 1/11/2014This is consistently good eating and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Saturday lunchKokoDined on 12/21/2013This was my first time here. Great food, lovely setting and enjoyed leisurely lunch with friend. Pizza was yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the familyJoanieDined on 12/15/2013Proprietor greeted us with a warm welcome to the restaurant, and then stopped back in to check on us during the meal. Great menu with a wide selection - food was excellent and house wines were good. Loved the personal attention!Special Features:
- Fine dining before SwallowhillDancingManDined on 12/13/2013We frequently have dinner here before concerts at Swallowhill. it is convenient and the sevice and food are great.Special Features:
- Birthday bashPragueDined on 11/14/2013We brought a large group in to celebrate, including a 4-yr old. Food was good but it took quite awhile to get bread brought to the table. The caprese salad would have been better with romantic tomatoes. The guys who split a 16" pizza raved about and other entrees disappeared fast. The birthday dessert was a hit! Chocolate always works. The 4-yr old was welcomed and with all the sports on TV, no one noticed his frequent voicing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We eat here regularly andspartanfan85Dined on 11/8/2013We eat here regularly and have always had a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Colore Italian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/29/2013Colore Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria never disappoints. The service and food are great.
- Great ExperienceDaveDined on 10/4/2013From Chris at the front to our server, nothing but the royal treatment. Good food, lots of menu choices, attractively presented, prepared well, priced right. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday to me!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2013Stopped here for dinner on our way downtown to "Amaluna" (Cirque du Soleil). Piece of cake to enjoy a leisurely dinner and still have time to make the show. Lots of selections on both the menu and the wine list. We had a bruschetta appetizer, then my husband ordered a pizzsa and my friend and I split a shrimp pasta dish --- YUM to both. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual charmmidiwekaVIPDined on 7/12/2013I love this place! Reasonable prices, great food, super casual. Perfect place for good food with kids.Special Features:
- Colore looks from the outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2013Colore looks from the outside like a small, unassuming restaurant, but it's much more. The service was knowledgeable and friendly, the food was excellent. I'll definitely go back. There are many entrees I want to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.