Colorado's Prime Steak
3863 S. Orlando Drive
Sanford, FL 32773Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Colorado's Prime Steak
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.coloradosonline.com/
- Phone: 4073241741
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeffery Barnes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wine
A word from Colorado's Prime Steak
Colorado's is a casual Sanford Steakhouse serving corn fed western beef for 18 years. Lots of fresh made appetizers, salads and sandwiches as well as a full service bar. Easy access from the 417 and 5 minutes from Sanford International airport. Check out our menu and we'll see you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Colorado's Prime Steak reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (6)great for lunch (5)special occasion (4)fit for foodies (2)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- great food exceptional serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Our food was great. The waitress was wonderful. We requested a different table due to a baby that was crying and they moved us to a table a little further away. So they will accommodate your request with no question ask. Will return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday mealLuv2eatDined on 10/11/2014We went for a birthday meal. Made a reservation but when we arrived they didn't ask about it though they had a few open tables. Very busy with big parties. Food was excellent! Very tasty and reasonably priced. Would have been nice if birthday was acknowledged by server. Overall great food reasonably priced with pretty good service for Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014We had been wanting to try this for a long time, and finally made reservations for a birthday dinner. We ordered the New York Strip and Full Rack of Ribs, and were pleasantly surprised. I would recommend this restaurant and can't wait to go back and try something else.Special Features:
- EarieliVIPDined on 8/30/2014Good food, bad service. They dont accept rewards check from Opentable.Special Features:
- top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The hostess was excellent. She was friendly and intuitive knowing I had my lap top and was doing a business luncheon she provided the pass word to the WiFi. The server Dustin I think was fantastic. He was attentive but not overbearing and he remembered to offer dessert which many servers forget. And so we enjoyed a great steak lunch AND dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst experience EVER!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014They do not honor their prices posted on their menu on their website so they overcharge you at the table and refuse to change the bill. The website showed beer at 1.99 but they charge you 4.99! The food was not worth what we paid for it. I called the owner Dwayne, he agreed to a 60.00 gift certificate for our party of four. When I didn't get it in the mail I called. He said he decided that it was too much and I could have 30.00. Take it or leave it. I chose to have him keep it. I will post my reviews instead. An honest review for a very mediocre restaurant. What was supposed to be a night of celebration at a restaurant turned into one of the worst dining experiences that I have ever had, and not to mention the poor attitude of the owner.
- Excellent Food!luvlunchDined on 7/11/2014The food here is great. Lunch and dinner are exceptional - salmon is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 104 reviews are from the Colorado's Prime Steak reviews archive.
- Meh..LovetravelDined on 6/26/2014We had been here 2 years ago when in town for an early morning flight. Made a specific point of going back as it was really good 2 years ago. I doubt we'll ever be back. The service was mediocre at best, my son's chicken tenders were over seasoned and chewy, my prime rib was tough and had no flavor at all and my husbands ribeye was chewy. The table behind us had sent their steak back noting it wasn't fit to eat. That should have been my sign.
- steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/2/2014Decent rib eye no fluff straight char grilled as you would get from a ranch in Colorado. Med rare was a bit over cooked but not bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was expecting more....BlahDined on 5/11/2014the only thing I got more of was the prices...........the room was awful..........out of date and dirty.........the waitress was snippy, and had a sour look until she got her tip. Big smile and the first nice word we got from her. The prime rib was fatty beyond the normal, and when we complained about the size, she told us we ordered the smaller portion, which we surely did not. She did not offer to take it back and give us the bigger portion, nor when we told her there was more fat than meat, she just shrugged and walked away.........I hated our decision to have Mother's Day at this restaurant, and will not be returning.
- Amazing SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2014This place had great steak. Not only was the filet good, but the prime rib was aged for about 25 days and had a delicious smoky flavor. The service was great. The food was amazing. It was a nice restaurant that had a lot of room, but felt comfortable. The price was good too. Also, they were very helpful in helping my grandparents who had walking disabilities.Special Features:
- Nice Find In Orlando AreamdviolaDined on 5/2/2014Our family wanted someplace close to UCF (son's graduation) but not near the busy Orlando restaurant scene. Colorado's Prime was just what we were looking for. Not too expensive and great food. Service was excellent. I am big Prime Rib fan and wasn't disappointed with my choice. Easy to find in the Sanford area. We will be back when we visit my son who is staying in Orlando.Special Features:
- ExcellentEK1172Dined on 3/29/2014Love this place. Have been there 4 times in the past 3 months and it never disappoints. The onion rings our out of this world and the meat is superb. Everything is really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must visitHenryBDined on 3/28/2014I have been here several times in the past. It has been a few years since my last visit. Always love the quality of food and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very attentive staff, goodPopBoltDined on 3/17/2014Very attentive staff, good overall menu selection, the cuts and flavor of beef were excellent! Recommend for a casual dinner. The decor needs some updating, however.Special Features:
- best steak ever.ChantellDined on 3/11/2014We had a wonderful visit. I had read some reviews complaining that they needed to modernize it. If they did that I think it would ruin the whole atmosphere. The rustic charm is only one of the reasons that made it a perfect visit. The service was perfect...our server stayed with us and made sure everything was alright. She never let our drinks go dry. Our food was melt in your mouth amazing. We ordered two appetizers the fried green tomatoes and the fried button mushrooms. server came back with huge portions! My husband ordered their specialty the prime rib med rare and I the New York strip rare. Both were cooked to perfection. And so tender! Dessert was a huge piece of cheesecake that we split. Will be back soon so glad I found this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurprisedinermanDined on 2/24/2014A group of 7 of us went to Colorado Prime for the first time. Service was very good and accommodating. We ordered diverse offerings from the menu and we're impressed with the food and generous portions. The atmosphere was quiet enough to have easy conversation from one end of the table to the other. We will make this a regular stop. Excellent time and very good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gem in SanfordNanseeVIPDined on 2/14/2014Pulling into the parking lot, I had a feeling it was going to be a good experience. The lot spilled over with Pick-up trucks, vans, and cars in that order. Stepped inside to a "time warp" where it appears locals have frequented forever. The decor was to bit worn , that was okay- maybe even preferred in this case. Featuring Prime Rib, I shared the large portion with my son. Bit into beef with a perfected smoky flavor, tender, juicy- EXCELLENT and so affordable. my grandson had the kids cheeseburger plate, fabulous flavor again. I recommend this diamond in the rough and plan to return soon. it's. it's nice to have a family owned, non-franchise restaurant for a change. Wish we had more of these around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Valentines Day!FoodieladyDined on 2/14/2014Our dining experience here was terrific. We had a reservation and were seated promptly. Dusty, our server, was perfect . He paced our dinner beautifully and made sure we had everything we needed quickly and efficiently. The filet mignon was cooked precisely the way we ordered it. The rattlesnake bread is to die for. The ambience is western-casual, but quieter and classier than most other steakhouses in a similar price range. We will be going back often. Where else can you get a $20 filet with all the trimmings that's as good as restaurants that charge twice as much or more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hometown feelAnnieBananieVIPDined on 2/13/2014Small hometown place with excellent beef. Not too impressed with the veggies but I was able to get a side spinach salad to enjoy. Between three we had ribeye, filet mignon and stir fry - all cooked perfectly and enjoyed. They worked hard to accommodate one's gluten free diet, but we'd like to see more options, naturally! Enjoyed the quiet place near Seminole State College and will probably be back if I get to the Lake Mary, Orlando area again. A bigger sign might help their visibility and an update to the interior would be improve the experience, but it seems the locals enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried something new for usmrplatoguyDined on 1/28/2014The restaurant was nice, food was delicious and our waiter Jesse was great. He stopped by to refill drinks and check on any needs the four of us might need. Will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so muchDinerDined on 1/25/2014Terrible food, run down restaurant. Save your money and time.
- GREAT food, but HORRIBLE decorSicilianChefVIPDined on 12/26/2013Been here several times and am from New York. The steaks can NOT be beat. The decor is the problem. Could really use a renovation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over-all goodUnhappyVIPDined on 11/23/2013Food as good; filet mignon may have been a better choise than the rib roast. Not as good as years ago.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family steak place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2013The food was even better than we expected! Great steak, not overcooked, yummy, juicy burgers, too.Special Features:
- Always consistent meals hereJRdelishDined on 10/19/2013Always consistent meals here at Colorados. Can't go wrong with the onion rings and Dark Horse Saloon sandwich. Yum, a treat worth having.Special Features:
- Good local placeLWS01Dined on 10/18/2013Good evening, friendly service, food was very good! Seemed like a local, comfortable place. Will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was quiet late afternoon/earlyKowalskiDined on 10/5/2013It was quiet late afternoon/early evening on a Saturday, but I've seen their parking lot overflowing. Both our drinks and food came quickly, and our waitress was on top of refills. Our food was well prepared and portions were on the generous side. My wife and I left sated and happy. Though we've been nearby for several years, this was our first visit, and definitely won't be our last.Special Features:
- Great Meal, Great ValueTomNDined on 9/4/2013A rarity in these times when restaurants are being squeezed by lower patronage and increasing ingredient cost. When viewing the menu, I initially thought the appetizer items were price on the high side, until the waiter brought our order to the table. Wow! And they were extremely tasty to boot. Our steaks were cooked perfectly to order and very tasty. I have always believed if a steak needs to be served with a sauce or piled high with cheese or whatever condiments they seem to put on beef these days, the restaurant is trying to hide the fact they serving lower quality, smaller portion beef. Not Colorado's. The 12 oz ribeye I ordered stood on its own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not so good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2013Definitely go to this place for the food, everything we had was wonderful, the fried mushroom app, steaks, and burgers. That being said the service was not as good as the food, young staff was jst not attentive. So go for dinner, just be patient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisillusionedSwordsmanDined on 8/28/2013My wife and I were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and decided to try something new. I grew up in Winter Springs and my wife and I have lived here for about 19 years. We have heard rave reviews about Colorado Steak House for many years, so we decided to give them a try. We were greeted and seated quickly. Our server came by rather quickly and took our drink order. We then ordered dinner. We both chose the NY Strip with baked potato. The steaks, which is what Colorado's is famous for, were bland at best! The potatoes were dry and also void of taste. My wife and I both agree that Outback Steakhouse would have been a better choice. The food is much better than what we got at Colorado's. A return trip to try other food is possible.
- Tuff StuffSteakloverDined on 8/24/2013Wife and both had ribeye's and they were very tough. I was very unhappy as we went there to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We have eaten there before and the steaks were great. Anyway, they took 50% off the bill and I felt a bit better about the experience...will probably not go there again....at least for steaks.Special Features:
- 2 chef restaurant2foryouDined on 8/24/2013Chef Ramsey food at a Reaonable Chef Boyardee price... My wife and I went on a date night..I went online and made the reservation for 6:45pm..we were greete with a smile when we walked in the door and seated at 6:44...server was practically there immediately for drink and appetizer orders...dinner was served in a timely manner after our fresh salads and her steak and my Salmon were both cooked perfectly...server stayed on point inquiring how things were and if there was anything we needed...that was the third time my wife and I had been in there and each and every time we leave with the same complete satisfaction!!! We will return many times and have and will continue to recommend this restaraunt to friends and family!!Special Features:
- Excellent dinner!luvs2eatDined on 8/3/2013My mom has always been a fan of this restaurant so we took her there for her 70th birthday dinner. I loved that I was able to make a reservation online for 13 of us. We had two servers and both were great. Our group tends to be ball-busters which they took in great stride, and they managed our orders quite well. We brought a cake with us which they held until the end, and they even brought it out, candles lit, and sang Happy Birthday with us. I know my mom really enjoyed herself, as we all did. We were all talking about how great the food was the next day, especially the prime rib and steaks. We're really looking forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local steakhouseDroptmaStyxDined on 7/21/2013Next time you are looking for a good steak, skip the chain restaurants and hit up Colorado's. It's nothing to look at from the outside in a blah neighborhood, but who cares when the steaks are this good, at prices competitive to the chains. Service was friendly and attentive, there's a full bar ... just a great place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family FavoriteChrisDined on 7/12/2013It has been quite a few years since we last visited here. My wife doesn't work in Sanford any more. However, we met up this week with our in laws and had a great lunch. The food is still the same great food. This place is great for special occasions or just a regular lunch date. I wish it was closer to home. The service was also great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly delicious!Shelby0522Dined on 6/22/2013We reserved our table online and were seated right away. My husband and I both ordered the 12 oz. prime rib and it was delicious! The mixed veggies were excellent and so were the baked potatoes. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre meat with less thanDiscerningdiner1Dined on 6/22/2013Mediocre meat with less than mediocre sides served indifferently but not inexpensively in tired run down environment. Pass.
- We will not be back.LeftMeGrumpyDined on 6/16/2013This was a father's day outing. The restaurant was not crowded; I was surprised, since the TRIAL was going on in Sanford. Food was served hot and reasonably quickly. But my husband's steak was full of fat; my daughter and I both felt our steaks were unreasonably tough. The best part of our visit was the waitress.
- Great Food - Great PricesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/15/2013This is one of our go-to favorites when you just want a great meal with down home service. The Smoked Prime Rib is out of this world and the service is exceptionally great. The staff is super friendly and accommodating. This is a great place for relaxed dining with fantastic food.Special Features: