Colombo's Italian Steakhouse & Jazz Club
1833 Colorado Boulevard
Eagle Rock, CA 90041Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Colombo's Italian Steakhouse & Jazz Club
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://colombosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (323) 254-9138
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner: Monday, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Raul Villasenor
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Colombo's Catering is unique to the client's request and we work within the client's catering budget. Variety of menu choices such as Italian, American, Mexican, BBQ, and even Kids Party menus. Beer, wine and liquor bar service also available.
- Private Party Facilities: Colombo's has a private room that can hold up to 30 persons for any event. Private room contains wide screen HDTV, DVD/VCR and audio for meetings or entertainment.
- Private Party Contact: Vic or Linda (323)254-9138
- Entertainment: Live music, 7 nights a week, featuring guest artists on Friday and Saturday nights. Artist vary from solo vocalist on piano to jazz quartets. $10 Cover on Fri. & Sat. after 9PM.
A word from Colombo's Italian Steakhouse & Jazz Club
The Melting Pot of Eagle Rock, we have been serving the community since 1954. Italian American cuisine... Prime Rib, Steak, Chicken, Sea Food and Pasta Owned and Operated by Ms. Ann Colombo.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Colombo's Italian Steakhouse & Jazz Club - Best Restaurants in Pasadena ›
Colombo's Italian Steakhouse & Jazz Club reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (13)special occasion (10)good for groups (9)late-night find (5)romantic (4)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)fit for foodies (2)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- DATE NIGHTgaitanimoDined on 10/23/2014Terrific little place in Eagle Rock, CA. Have spent many an evening here at this restaurant with some of my favorite people. hadn't been in awhile and I decided to visit for my wife's bday. Warm greeting, great atmosphere, soso service, delicious food. A couple of knocks on the service simply because for the fact that it wasn't busy, the service was slow, a few items were very late, and the check was also dealt with slowly. I still like this place, but it could use a few adjustments.Special Features:
- An unexpected treatAngelaDined on 10/17/2014We found a good review for this restaurant when we were looking for a place to dine and listen to jazz. What a gem! Very friendly, comfortable, family atmosphere. The music was good and the dancing fun. The food was good as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groups very accomodatingNonyaVIPDined on 10/16/2014It is always a pleasure to dine here with a group or with just two people. The staff is patient and the lunch menu is great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Everything was great..... food was great service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why has it taken three years?DcbritboyDined on 10/10/2014It's taken me a little over 3 years to get to Columbo's, I am not quite sure why. The atmosphere and ambience was classic old school neighbourhood hangout. Red leather booths and dark wood throughout. I wish they'd set the glass top table with some sort of placements to stop the plates from sliding all over the place, and water was not served (or offered), but those are minor quibbles. When my husband asked if the pasta was fresh, the look on the waiter's face was truly priceless. The food was certainly good and appropriately priced and there are other things on the menu I want to go back and try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Colombo's: Consistently PleasingKittylitterDined on 10/9/2014We LOVE this restaurant. It's our go-to place whenever we take the time to 'dine'. The food has always been good, the drinks a 'healthy' pour and they have a decent wine list. If that isn't enough, the bonus of good, live music NIGHTLY really pushes it into a class that is difficult to find anymore. And no cover charge. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but inside it's a classy classic through and through. An original. Do yourself a favor and check it out. I would recommend reservations on weekends.Special Features:
- We're Lucky to have Colombos!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/3/2014Great place for special occassions or a nice dinner. Few places in LA have great food and service along with live music and excellent cocktails. A rare gem in the LA dining scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ClassicBasilDined on 9/26/2014Old school vibe at its best. Blood red tuck and roll booths, blood red steaks and blood shot eyes in the bar. Go for drinks, stay for pasta and music. Make a reservation weekends as it is always crowded. Breakfast recommended. Expect comfort and cool, not chic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceluv2eatDined on 9/23/2014Great eating place for a girls night out or to meet friendsSpecial Features:
- Great food and specials as wellNonyaVIPDined on 9/2/2014This place is great for meetings and for private conversations or noisy ones. the drinks are well made and priced just right. The service is professional, accommodating and considerate.Special Features:
- Amazing ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014Waitress was outstanding Drinks from the bar were ok Need improvement though Atmosphere overall was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 245 reviews are from the Colombo's Italian Steakhouse & Jazz Club reviews archive.
- great service, food and drinksNonyaVIPDined on 7/17/2014Great for groups. Met with 5 people to "catch up" on old times with older friends. Very patient servers as well as flexible and professional. No rushing and wonderful food specials. the drinks were good too and the wine list was very complete. We shall return again and look forward to the next visit . Free and ample parking is also great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014Overall, great food and ambiance but terrible service!Special Features:
- Colombo'sPicklesDined on 7/9/2014Met some friends here on a Wednesday nite and it was pretty full but since we had reservations no problem. The waiters were attentive but did tend to take a bit long to get our drinks filled. I had the sirloin and baked potato; the steak was dry and overcooked but my friends had the porterhouse and theirs were fine. Good sized portions, not over the top but satisfying. The drinks are pretty strong and they have a full bar. The "jazz" part started around 7pm with a singer and piano guy. Was not intrusive so nice. I may come back and give it a second try but there are many other places I would rather try first.Special Features:
- For the older crowdLCMWVIPDined on 6/28/2014The jazz club is more for the 60+ crowd. The service was great.
- Neighborhood NostalgiaLindaVIPDined on 6/21/2014if you are looking for the restaurant that most reminds of spaghetti and meatballs of your childhood ... this is it... and most of the clientele seems to also think it is a place to have new family memories.. wide range of ages ... . classic Italian American food... and nostalgic entertainment every night. also the bar is a good place to watch games and have dinner if you are by yourself.Special Features:
- We love Columbos!Pegster14Dined on 6/15/2014We came here for Father's Day Brunch! There was lovely brazilian jazz to set a charming ambiance.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/13/2014Great service, delicious food and a fun atmosphere. One of the few places in LA with all of this and live music. Friday night performers are especially enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!TimetoeatDined on 5/28/2014First time diner and really enjoyed the experience. Our two entrees were meat lasagna and shrimp ravioli with bisque sauce. Both were delicious. An added bonus was the live music. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- LunchPeterDined on 5/12/2014Very pleasant lunch with excellent service. We both had a salad and both were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014Mothers Day - way too loud - couldn't hear anyone talking. Service was good, food fair at best
- Bit of a Let DownScoobyDooDined on 5/11/2014I generally like Colombo's, but Mother's Day Brunch was disappointing. The music was good, the food was good, but the service was poor and slow. Shouldn't have to ask 3 or 4 times for something.Special Features:
- MillieDined on 5/10/2014Excellent place to eat for Italian food lovers. There were 8 of us for dinner and each of our entrees were delicious. The staff was wonderful and our waitress Lucy was fabulous. The piano and jazz music topped off this wonderful dining experience. The owner was on premises and very much involved in overseeing the service and that the customers needs we're being met. This is the kind of service that many restaurants are lacking these days. If you haven't been there, you are missing out on a wonderful meal! The best Italian I have had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableChrissyDined on 5/2/2014Came for a Friday Date Night. Everything was great right down to the music. I had a bowl of clam chowder to start. The Prime Rib was excellent and just the way I ordered it. My date said it was the best Chicken Parm he had every eaten. For desert we order the Lemon cheese cake. Simply awesome. I suggest making reservations for Friday and Saturday Nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood gemcoolrocksDined on 4/27/2014my friend had the linguini and clams w/red sauce... very tasty, andworthy of ordering again.... i had the meatball steak... obvious they use quality ingredients, but this time mine was a bit too salty for my taste (i try to watch my salt intake, so i am xtra sensitive to this)... we've been there a few times now, and we will return in the future...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old school restaurant-good food!9ballerDined on 4/26/2014The inside of the restaurant is a little dark with red booths that take me back in time to the 70's-not a bad thing though. The food is decent but a little overpriced -$15.50 for Spaghetti and Meatballs. Service was great and they have a piano/Jazz singer on Saturday -can get a little loud, but enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/23/2014restaurant did not know it was my daughter's birthdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014the food was good & reasonable prices. i would go there again.Special Features:
- ughnotpleasedDined on 4/18/2014Bad food and even worse music. The piano player was unbelievably bad and playing on an out-of-tune piano. it was painful.
- Neighborhood GemkmjaDined on 3/29/2014Food was good, service was excellent The piano player was very good, though they could lower the sound system a bit. It was loud and a bit difficult to talk to your dinner companion.Special Features:
- So goodFoodieloodieDined on 3/4/2014This place was great the music was amazing and the food came quickly and was delicious truly a spectacular night and I cannot wait to go again really just an overall. Great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gem!nowbatting19Dined on 2/21/2014I must confess, having grown up in Eagle Rock as a kid and living in nearby Pasadena 40 years later I had never been to Columbo's to eat before. Why? I don't know. But I am glad we tried it, even after all these years. Columbo's is still like a mom & pop Italian restaurant. No, it's not fancy and no it's not a dump either. It just reminds me of the old Italian places that used to be around; a little dark, wood paneling, red leather booths, and small tables and chairs. A true neighborhood feel and you see young and old alike. I had Linguini with Clams and while the portion was not huge it was tasty especially the white wine sauce. My wife had Ravioli stuffed with Mushrooms (Excellent!). Prices moderate, nice old school bar and live music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great late night alternativeGeneqVIPDined on 2/15/2014If you are looking for more than a late night burger or fast food, this is the place for a nice sit down meal. Got out of a sporting event at Occidental College at 9:30 pm and found this delightful place. Although still crowded we were able to get a table at 10. Delicious pasta choices to go with many chicken and steak dishes offered just what we wanted. A nice full bar along with delicious deserts made for a delightful experience.Special Features:
- throw back vibe in eagle rockGooseDined on 2/15/2014very cool, old school, down-to-earth local eatery with great bar scene, diverse crowd, snappy jazz music, cheap food prices, and awesome red vinyl booths. it doesn't get any better, baby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great Valentine's Day experience!DigitalSingularityDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I were in town for Valentine's Day (which happened to be her birthday as well). A friend recommended this place since it had great atmosphere and food as well as a live music duo for the date. The entertainment was outstanding. The violinist and the pianist were quite the treat to go with a delicious dinner. The waitstaff was professional, attentive, and they ensured the timing of our meal was perfect. The food was basically what I'd expect if I had an Italian grandmother to visit... just good home-cooked style food. We felt totally at home and special here. Thank you.Special Features:
- random Friday nightFood4meVIPDined on 2/7/2014busy night. they had couple of dudes performing random songs. food was decent and will comeback for breakfast.Special Features:
- Jammin' MondaysOperator7GDined on 2/3/2014I used to come Friday nights back in the day but now I definitely prefer Monday nights. Regular musicians show up to jam with the band and switch off all night. Most of them are actually really good and it's a fun time for everyone. A bit loud but not so much that you have to yell (if your seated towards the back).Special Features:
- Favorite restaurantBovsDined on 1/31/2014We have been coming here for many years an it is fantastic!Special Features:
- Menu special is good for the4VFsupporterDined on 1/25/2014Menu special is good for the money. Music is too loud for dinner conversation. Could start later after dinner and turn to jazz club for entertainment. Will go to the night without music to enjoy relaxing dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed ExperienceCalvinDined on 1/25/2014Fodd excellent, service lacking. Never received soup/salad course. Manager didn't seem 2 care; said soup/salad was included anyway. Server offered 2 comp deserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.