305 Harrison St
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chihulygardenandglass.com/collections-café
- Phone: 2067534935x
- Hours of Operation:
Sat and Sun, 10a-Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ivan Szilak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Chihuly Garden and Glass exhibition provides an extraordinary space for corporate and private entertaining. For any questions regarding catering, please contact our Sales and Catering team at email@example.com
- Cross Street: Boad Street
- Public Transit: The monorail runs every 15 minutes from the Westlake Center on 5th Avenue and Pike Street to the Collections Café.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available on a first come first served basis at the base of the Space Needle on 4th Avenue and Broad Street.
A word from Collections Cafe
Dine on delicious dishes created with local, fresh ingredients at Seattle's most unique destination for lunch, dinner or weekend brunch. While you enjoy the Mediterranean-influenced cuisine, you'll be surrounded by many of Dale Chihuly's colorful collections. You might share your table with toy soldiers, 1950s cameras or transistor radios. Pair your meal with a fresh lemonade or choose from a hand-picked collection of craft beers and Washington and Oregon premium wines. Inside, enjoy spruce plank walls, bright green chairs and the stunning backlit Drawing Wall with 36 of Chihuly's drawings or, when the sun shines, toast its warmth on one of two open-air patios in the heart of Seattle Center. Extend your experience by visiting Chihuly Garden and Glass. Everywhere you look, you'll be inspired.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Collections Cafe - Best Restaurants in Queen Anne ›
Collections Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (51)fit for foodies (40)great for outdoor dining (24)neighborhood gem (23)scenic view (16)great for brunch (15)good for groups (15)kid-friendly (14)special occasion (12)romantic (7)hot spot (5)late-night find (2)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great for pre-eventsFoodloverDined on 10/25/2014This place has good food with creative ingredients. I was surprised more people weren't dining there before the opera. Much better than the dining in McCaw Hall. Try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-theater spotTeresaDined on 10/24/2014The restaurant is on the grounds of the Seattle Center so it is super convenient for dinner with friends before an event. Very nice to be able to simply walk out the door and to the theater without driving and parking. Plus the food is great!
- A delightful cafeCommanderQDined on 10/18/2014Located adjacent to the Space Needle, Chihuly Glass Garden, and Experience Music Project, Collections Café provides delicious food and a number of seats with a view of the surrounding attractions. The menu is quite varied, offering something for everyone - seafood, meat, pasta, and desserts. Each dish has a unique blend of flavors and ingredients, making I quite suitable for an evening out, lunch, or just a quick stop for some snacks. The servers are quite friendly and professional, always ensuring that guests are comfortable.Special Features:
- very good menu selectionlikes2eatoutDined on 10/11/2014The menu contains a varied selection of sandwiches, salads and entrees. Items appear to be prepared to order and were nicely presented and tasty.Special Features:
- Dinner before the REPtasterDined on 10/9/2014Great spot to enjoy before walking across the Center to the Bagley Wright Theatre. Colorful cafe with delicious dining choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pre-theatre dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/8/2014Nice dinner with friends before a play. Terrific waiter & tasty food.Special Features:
- nice pre theater venuerepeatcustomerDined on 10/4/2014Menu changes do not always suite my tastes. I do like the attention in dishes to provide unique preparations. Pre theater favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very lucky find!2014pickydinerDined on 9/27/2014I was trying to get a reservation somewhere else and they were booked solid, the Collections Café was suggested and I am so glad my party of 4 went there, we all enjoyed our delicious meals, the wine selections were very nice, the service was outstanding, the ambience is great and the management was present and engaging, we will all definitely go there again and suggest it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delectable surprise!SeattlevisitorDined on 9/24/2014The food was impeccably seasoned and served in exactly the right portions. The "collections" of the theme were a great surprise and delightful conversation pieces until the wonderful food arrived. Very impressive, Mr. Chihuly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodbardoDined on 9/22/2014First time at this cafe and was pleased with food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too salty/too expensive to ambianceSeattlevisitorDined on 9/21/2014The food seemed to have a lot of salt for flavoring rather using herbs and spices. The roasted beets were especially salty and could not be eaten. I found the prices to be very high for the type of restaurant this is. The ambiance had more of a dinner feel and the food did not match.Special Features:
- Would go again & again & againLAGalDined on 9/13/2014We had Saturday brunch - salmon benedict, crab cake benedict & shrimp & grits. It was ALL delicious. We also had a carafe of strawberry lavendar mimosas - highly recommended! Our server was happy, friendly & made us feel like we were her only customers for the day. She recommended an apple dessert that the chef was making that day and was spot-on with that. A great place to dine & enjoy seeing what has influenced Dale Chihuly throughout his career. Can't wait to get back to Seattle to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not So GoodDigiwaveDined on 9/12/2014This was our second visit after having been impressed with our first experience. My wife and I were seriously underwhelmed this time. First, after we were seated and waiting for an unreasonable amount of time for a server, we had to ask the hostess if someone was serving our table. A server finally came to the table. Then, the salads we ordered came and besides the fact of being very overpriced for what they were plus I could make a better salad at home, the portion size of one of them was minuscule compared to the other one. We mentioned this to our server and all we got was a shrug of shoulders and he walked away. The server never offered to get us another salad or to comp it on our check. The other items we ordered were just OK.
- GregVIPDined on 9/7/2014excellent food quality and value with a unique environmentSpecial Features:
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2014Dined outdoors-- great service and cuisine -- with Chihuly art to enjoy!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Service was a little slow and they got our order wrong. A little too pricey. Cool location and interesting décor. Fries were delicious and Reuben sandwich quite good too. Salads not so tasty.
- smalltowngirlDined on 8/29/2014Very accommodating staff. I changed the time of the reservation at the last minute and then asked for another table instead of the one we were escorted to. Both times my requests were efficiently and cheerfully granted. The food is very good and certainly generous in quantity.Special Features:
- the quality had slipped.jollyhDined on 8/27/2014Having eaten there several times in the past, I was disappointed at the quality this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting DecorMemoryLaneJaneDined on 8/27/2014the Collections Cafe was definitely worth the trip. The tables are delightfully glassed topped so you can see various collections of items in the inset of the table. Old cameras, frosted Christmas ornaments, heirloom radios hanging on the wall, nice variety of hand lemon juicers, massive display of bottle openers in the bathroom...just a great variety of collections that you can peruse while walking to your table. The food was wonderful, the service was great and it is a place I will go back to when in the area.Special Features:
- Great Find!SophieschoiceVIPDined on 8/23/2014We were visiting Seattle for two days, and wanted to visit the Chihuly Museum, so made reservations at Collections mainly for convenience. What a surprise to have a fabulous meal in a beautiful garden setting at Collections. The hostess and staff were so terrific, as my 16 year old daughter was having trouble finding the restaurant, and they guided her by phone. Great food and wine too! I would highly recommend Collections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seattle Jewel1criticaldinerDined on 8/22/2014The many collections displayed showed the continuation of the taste of the setting and the manner in which the glass in the museum and garden are exhibited. The menu is eclectic, the plates are as beautifully composed as they are delicious and the service is attentive without being obtrusive. What more can I say!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative and fundowntowngirlDined on 8/20/2014The art glass at Chihuly is one of the most beautiful and interesting experiences in Seattle and if that weren't enough, the on-site cafe is excellent as well. One of the most creative and delicious dinners we enjoyed and fairly priced. I had the pea-shoot and mint ravioli -- it was fresh and delicious. My son said his burger and parmesan-coated house fries were delicious and my cousin really enjoyed her house-made tomato-basil soup and Dungeness crab cake. The ambience is marvelous -- a showcase of some of the quirky objects Chihuly collected and enjoyed. Staff were friendly and attentive. You can dine at the cafe without purchasing admission to the gallery if desired. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Collectors DelightSunshine95762Dined on 8/19/2014The food is fun, but it's the collections that make this a special addition to a visit to the Space Needle and, or Chihuly Garden and Glass House. Amazing!
- loved the decor and foodluv2eatVIPDined on 8/18/2014Ate here twice last week during our first visit to Seattle. Fresh salads, soups, especially the carrot curry soup was very flavorful, reuben sandwich had lots of lean meat. Great ambiance. Interesting group of collection at each table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refuel for museum browsingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014See the glass collection outdoors, have a relaxing meal, then return again after dark to view the gardens in a different perspective with night lighting to replace the ambient daylight. Great people watching through the wall of glass. Fellow diners didn't seem to mind allowing us to see what items were housed in their glass topped tables (we had silver glass Xmas ornaments). The servers were attentive and cheery, and quickly responded to our request for a different table that was better suited for conversation among the 4 of us. The Reuben sandwiches were enjoyed (no leftovers), but on this occasion, the salad dressing for the mixed greens with crab was too bland for my tastebuds. I have gone before, and will happily eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow but goodperky1VIPDined on 8/14/2014Collections is a great place. However, it took an inordinate amount of time for the food to arrive at our table. The closeness of the long banquettes and tables is not conducive to conversation. We endured others who didn't have the manners requisite to polite conversation. Chihuly's collections are astounding. It's a great place with possibility.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spot for clientsCarolynRDined on 8/13/2014This was my first experience at Collections and I will be back! I took a client to lunch and despite the open design concept, I felt our conversation was very private. Service/food/decor -- all great.Special Features:
- HawkeyesHawkeyeDined on 8/11/2014What a little gem. Such a fun idea/theme. Good menu selection, reasonable prices and very nice staff. Fits very nicely with the exhibit as well as walk-ins from the Center. The Reuben sandwich was excellent.Special Features:
- A Sunny Day and GlassKaseyDined on 8/6/2014We had a pleasant lunch to complement our trip to the Glass Museum. The food was good and appropriate to the summer season, and it was fun to watch the people on a sunny day at the Seattle Center.Special Features:
- Just visitingbranickiDined on 8/1/2014We are visiting family and wanted to eat somewhere memorable. The resturant at the top of the Space Needle was booked so we atended at the bottom. The food was really good and all from scratch. The resturant has a lot of neat art/collections to look at. I did not notice any glass sculptures as I was hoping to see since it's behind the glass museum. There 6 adults and one toddler. They had plenty of room for us all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected FindRonDDined on 7/29/2014We were visiting the Pacific Science Museum and booked a late lunch at Collection's. It was good that we used OT as there was a 35 minute wait for those just walking in. Service was very prompt and attentive throughout. I had the seared tuna special which was outstanding. My wife had the filet special which was requested medium but was more like medium well. She still loved it as it had a glaze which was unique. Get the cookie and ice cream for dessert. I had the brownie and ice cream but the brownie was a bit dry. If you want a very nice higher end meal instead of the other amusement type options nearby book Collection's Café. An art museum and restaurant in one!Special Features:
- Losing its touchBiztravelfoodieVIPDined on 7/28/2014A shame- Collections used to be a great spot next to Chihuly exhibit. Maybe the never ending stream of tourists will keep it alive but as locals we noticed menu change and uneven food quality. Dungeness crab salad was misrepresented because there was plenty of salad but almost no crab. However Soup de jour was very good. Hopefully just an off day in kitchen
- Great people watchingTallyGirlDined on 7/27/2014Get a table outside on a Sunday afternoon for a tasty lunch with a view of the diverse people who are enjoying an afternoon outside. Granted, the weather was totally perfect so that made a huge difference. Creative menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual and LimitedTattlerDined on 7/26/2014We ate dinner here on a Saturday night and were one of the only tables in use. The food was really good, but the menu selection was limited and more suitable for lunch than dinner. It was a disappointment compared to the expectations set from looking at the site and menu on the web.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fun!BarlettoDined on 7/12/2014The Collections Cafe is a wonderful addition to Seattle Center! Not only is the food excellent, all of Dale Chihuly's "collections" are so fun to view! On a recent visit, I had a wonderful sandwich and honey cucumber lemonade! So refreshing! Collections is one of my favorite places to go for lunch in downtown Seattle! My friends and I often choose it for birthday celebration lunches!Special Features:
- Fantastic menuSantagaryfeVIPDined on 7/10/2014A pleasant surprise in the heart of Seattle Center. Great menu and wonderful food!Special Features:
- Great Food & ServiceKatekVIPDined on 7/8/2014They did a great job on our food and service. The menu is really extensive and unique with a special local flare. Crab Salad was awesome and so were the cheese curds!Special Features:
- Subtle TouchfusseyDined on 7/6/2014A true surprise. This "cafe" provides you with food quality and service that you should expect and often don't get when dining out. Try the crab cakes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedBFFsDined on 7/3/2014Ate her with my husband and two teens. Food is somewhat different, but very good. They should drop Cafe from title. Definitely better than cafeteria title suggest. Decor is so much fun. Has Chihuly's collections...dolls, bottle openers, accordions, very cool. We went to Chihuly glass and garden first and then grabbed 7:00 dinner. Wanted to go back to see glass at night, but just too tired. Highly recommend both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 432 reviews are from the Collections Cafe reviews archive.
- We Anticipated a Good ExperiencejimofseattleVIPDined on 6/29/2014We had delicious food and delightful service when we ate at this restaurant a couple months ago, but today we waited at our table for almost ten minutes before a hostile woman named Erika showed up, struck an aggressive pose, and addressed us in a tone of voice that made us feel very uncomfortable. When I asked to speak with the manager, he came promptly, listened attentively to what I had to say, and assigned another waiter to our table. As we waited for our food, Erika walked past our table several times singing and whistling as if to let us know she was unfazed that she had offended us. It has been eight hours since we had brunch, but I am still shaken by this unpleasant experience.Special Features: