305 Harrison St
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chihulygardenandglass.com/collections-café
- Phone: 2067534935x
- Hours of Operation:
Sat and Sun, 10a-Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ivan Szilak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Chihuly Garden and Glass exhibition provides an extraordinary space for corporate and private entertaining. For any questions regarding catering, please contact our Sales and Catering team at email@example.com
- Cross Street: Boad Street
- Public Transit: The monorail runs every 15 minutes from the Westlake Center on 5th Avenue and Pike Street to the Collections Café.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available on a first come first served basis at the base of the Space Needle on 4th Avenue and Broad Street.
A word from Collections Cafe
Dine on delicious dishes created with local, fresh ingredients at Seattle's most unique destination for lunch, dinner or weekend brunch. While you enjoy the Mediterranean-influenced cuisine, you'll be surrounded by many of Dale Chihuly's colorful collections. You might share your table with toy soldiers, 1950s cameras or transistor radios. Pair your meal with a fresh lemonade or choose from a hand-picked collection of craft beers and Washington and Oregon premium wines. Inside, enjoy spruce plank walls, bright green chairs and the stunning backlit Drawing Wall with 36 of Chihuly's drawings or, when the sun shines, toast its warmth on one of two open-air patios in the heart of Seattle Center. Extend your experience by visiting Chihuly Garden and Glass. Everywhere you look, you'll be inspired.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Collections Cafe - Best Restaurants in Queen Anne ›
Collections Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (64)great for outdoor dining (47)fit for foodies (42)great for brunch (28)neighborhood gem (26)kid-friendly (23)special occasion (22)scenic view (18)good for groups (17)romantic (9)hot spot (4)notable wine list (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- the quality had slipped.jollyhDined on 8/27/2014Having eaten there several times in the past, I was disappointed at the quality this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting DecorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014the Collections Cafe was definitely worth the trip. The tables are delightfully glassed topped so you can see various collections of items in the inset of the table. Old cameras, frosted Christmas ornaments, heirloom radios hanging on the wall, nice variety of hand lemon juicers, massive display of bottle openers in the bathroom...just a great variety of collections that you can peruse while walking to your table. The food was wonderful, the service was great and it is a place I will go back to when in the area.Special Features:
- Great Find!SophieschoiceVIPDined on 8/23/2014We were visiting Seattle for two days, and wanted to visit the Chihuly Museum, so made reservations at Collections mainly for convenience. What a surprise to have a fabulous meal in a beautiful garden setting at Collections. The hostess and staff were so terrific, as my 16 year old daughter was having trouble finding the restaurant, and they guided her by phone. Great food and wine too! I would highly recommend Collections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative and fundowntowngirlDined on 8/20/2014The art glass at Chihuly is one of the most beautiful and interesting experiences in Seattle and if that weren't enough, the on-site cafe is excellent as well. One of the most creative and delicious dinners we enjoyed and fairly priced. I had the pea-shoot and mint ravioli -- it was fresh and delicious. My son said his burger and parmesan-coated house fries were delicious and my cousin really enjoyed her house-made tomato-basil soup and Dungeness crab cake. The ambience is marvelous -- a showcase of some of the quirky objects Chihuly collected and enjoyed. Staff were friendly and attentive. You can dine at the cafe without purchasing admission to the gallery if desired. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Collectors DelightSunshine95762Dined on 8/19/2014The food is fun, but it's the collections that make this a special addition to a visit to the Space Needle and, or Chihuly Garden and Glass House. Amazing!
- loved the decor and foodluv2eatVIPDined on 8/18/2014Ate here twice last week during our first visit to Seattle. Fresh salads, soups, especially the carrot curry soup was very flavorful, reuben sandwich had lots of lean meat. Great ambiance. Interesting group of collection at each table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refuel for museum browsingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014See the glass collection outdoors, have a relaxing meal, then return again after dark to view the gardens in a different perspective with night lighting to replace the ambient daylight. Great people watching through the wall of glass. Fellow diners didn't seem to mind allowing us to see what items were housed in their glass topped tables (we had silver glass Xmas ornaments). The servers were attentive and cheery, and quickly responded to our request for a different table that was better suited for conversation among the 4 of us. The Reuben sandwiches were enjoyed (no leftovers), but on this occasion, the salad dressing for the mixed greens with crab was too bland for my tastebuds. I have gone before, and will happily eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow but goodperky1Dined on 8/14/2014Collections is a great place. However, it took an inordinate amount of time for the food to arrive at our table. The closeness of the long banquettes and tables is not conducive to conversation. We endured others who didn't have the manners requisite to polite conversation. Chihuly's collections are astounding. It's a great place with possibility.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spot for clientsCarolynRDined on 8/13/2014This was my first experience at Collections and I will be back! I took a client to lunch and despite the open design concept, I felt our conversation was very private. Service/food/decor -- all great.Special Features:
- HawkeyesHawkeyeDined on 8/11/2014What a little gem. Such a fun idea/theme. Good menu selection, reasonable prices and very nice staff. Fits very nicely with the exhibit as well as walk-ins from the Center. The Reuben sandwich was excellent.Special Features:
- A Sunny Day and GlassKaseyDined on 8/6/2014We had a pleasant lunch to complement our trip to the Glass Museum. The food was good and appropriate to the summer season, and it was fun to watch the people on a sunny day at the Seattle Center.Special Features:
- Just visitingbranickiDined on 8/1/2014We are visiting family and wanted to eat somewhere memorable. The resturant at the top of the Space Needle was booked so we atended at the bottom. The food was really good and all from scratch. The resturant has a lot of neat art/collections to look at. I did not notice any glass sculptures as I was hoping to see since it's behind the glass museum. There 6 adults and one toddler. They had plenty of room for us all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected FindRonDDined on 7/29/2014We were visiting the Pacific Science Museum and booked a late lunch at Collection's. It was good that we used OT as there was a 35 minute wait for those just walking in. Service was very prompt and attentive throughout. I had the seared tuna special which was outstanding. My wife had the filet special which was requested medium but was more like medium well. She still loved it as it had a glaze which was unique. Get the cookie and ice cream for dessert. I had the brownie and ice cream but the brownie was a bit dry. If you want a very nice higher end meal instead of the other amusement type options nearby book Collection's Café. An art museum and restaurant in one!Special Features:
- Losing its touchBiztravelfoodieVIPDined on 7/28/2014A shame- Collections used to be a great spot next to Chihuly exhibit. Maybe the never ending stream of tourists will keep it alive but as locals we noticed menu change and uneven food quality. Dungeness crab salad was misrepresented because there was plenty of salad but almost no crab. However Soup de jour was very good. Hopefully just an off day in kitchen
- Great people watchingTallyGirlDined on 7/27/2014Get a table outside on a Sunday afternoon for a tasty lunch with a view of the diverse people who are enjoying an afternoon outside. Granted, the weather was totally perfect so that made a huge difference. Creative menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual and LimitedTattlerDined on 7/26/2014We ate dinner here on a Saturday night and were one of the only tables in use. The food was really good, but the menu selection was limited and more suitable for lunch than dinner. It was a disappointment compared to the expectations set from looking at the site and menu on the web.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fun!BarlettoDined on 7/12/2014The Collections Cafe is a wonderful addition to Seattle Center! Not only is the food excellent, all of Dale Chihuly's "collections" are so fun to view! On a recent visit, I had a wonderful sandwich and honey cucumber lemonade! So refreshing! Collections is one of my favorite places to go for lunch in downtown Seattle! My friends and I often choose it for birthday celebration lunches!Special Features:
- Fantastic menuSantagaryfeVIPDined on 7/10/2014A pleasant surprise in the heart of Seattle Center. Great menu and wonderful food!Special Features:
- Great Food & ServiceKatekVIPDined on 7/8/2014They did a great job on our food and service. The menu is really extensive and unique with a special local flare. Crab Salad was awesome and so were the cheese curds!Special Features:
- Subtle TouchfusseyDined on 7/6/2014A true surprise. This "cafe" provides you with food quality and service that you should expect and often don't get when dining out. Try the crab cakes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedBFFsDined on 7/3/2014Ate her with my husband and two teens. Food is somewhat different, but very good. They should drop Cafe from title. Definitely better than cafeteria title suggest. Decor is so much fun. Has Chihuly's collections...dolls, bottle openers, accordions, very cool. We went to Chihuly glass and garden first and then grabbed 7:00 dinner. Wanted to go back to see glass at night, but just too tired. Highly recommend both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Anticipated a Good ExperiencejimofseattleDined on 6/29/2014We had delicious food and delightful service when we ate at this restaurant a couple months ago, but today we waited at our table for almost ten minutes before a hostile woman named Erika showed up, struck an aggressive pose, and addressed us in a tone of voice that made us feel very uncomfortable. When I asked to speak with the manager, he came promptly, listened attentively to what I had to say, and assigned another waiter to our table. As we waited for our food, Erika walked past our table several times singing and whistling as if to let us know she was unfazed that she had offended us. It has been eight hours since we had brunch, but I am still shaken by this unpleasant experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014Great cafe right beside the Chihully Glass Museum and Space Needle. The quality of the food and the interesting selections was excellent. Nice wine list featuring Washington wines. Service was fine and attentive. There were 4 in our group and we each had starters and main coures. All totally enjoyed the food. Definitely a find and very convenient for events at Seattle Center.
- OK.....butlradDined on 6/28/2014This restaurant is good but too expensive. The wow factor just isn't there to justify the price.Special Features:
- It was okMikasatVIPDined on 6/27/2014Our first visit to the Collections Cafe was fabulous - all the food was perfect, and we had great service to match. This prompted a second trip to Collections, but we were left disappointed. The service was awkward and not knowledgeable about the menu, and the food was dry. Our server never returned to check on our meals until we were clearly finished, and that's when he asked if we wanted dessert, but made no effort to ask about the main meal. It was mentioned that a new chef had started in the kitchen, and that may have been the reason for the drastic difference in food quality between visits. Not sure I'll be back.Special Features:
- DisappointedHungryDined on 6/27/2014Server was brusque and seemed addled. She asked us to repeat our order several times before she got it. She could have avoided that by writing it down. Server touched my bare arm and shoulder several times: unprofessional. The prices are exhorbitant for the quality/quantity of food.
- Nice ambiancegypsydjangoDined on 6/27/2014The food and service were pretty good. I'm not a fan of receiving my entree in a bowl, but the 40 clove chicken was tasty and my friend's salmon dish was nicely prepared too. Really enjoyed the many different collections of the owner, they are intriguing and fun to check out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant PlacerhodabeDined on 6/26/2014This is not a destination restaurant, but it is a very comfortable option if you happen to be enjoying the Chihuly exhibit or something else at the Center. There is a nice variety of well prepared food and a decent wine list by the glass or bottle. I had a clam and mussel dish improved by a little spicy sausage. The menu said it came with grilled bread, but I got none and my waitress disappeared completely after serving our dishes. My companion ordered a burger and gave me part of her bun to sop up my good broth. She said the fries that came with her burger were the best she had ever had...seriously! The server was okay, though a few more smiles and a bit more attention would not have hurt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnevenkaroDined on 6/24/2014Pros of the restaurant: novelty and interest of the collections featured throughout, and its proximity to the Chihuly exhibit. Cons: the OpenTable online reservation process does not allow for followup adjustments in numbers in a party; further, when I tried to contact that operation by email, I never received a response; skimpy servings (ONE crab cake is not a small entrée, it's even parsimonious as an appetizer!); long wait for check by overextended waitress; and food quality so- so. I will not return to this café.
- Oasis in Seattle CenterFoodtouristVIPDined on 6/22/2014Lovely setting: this time we ate outside with great view of Space Needle and the Chihuli Glass Garden. Menu and drinks list are somewhat limited, but this was or 3rd or 4th time here with always something different delicious to eat. Their "Billy O" red wine is great -- and some of its proceeds go to support of art students. Definitely our choice when we are in the Seattle Center area!Special Features:
- See The Glass and Enjoy the ClassBoboDined on 6/22/2014When visiting the Chihuly Gardens enjoy a lunch at Collections. A nice alternative to fast food and a nice menu to boot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Not the average lunch menu…more interesting for "foodies" than those that want a plain burger and fries. Convenient if you're showing off the Chihuly Garden to out of town friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniquefunandfoodDined on 6/19/2014First time at Collections - so unique. Great food, reasonable prices, excellent service - loved the way Chihuly's collections are displayed. It was a perfect place for our evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting and Wonderful foodLesleepDined on 6/15/2014Went here for brunch and everything we picked was excellent. We had the crab cakes benedict, chicken legs, hanger steak, and arugula and pear ravioli. It was all wonderful. Not one complaint and the coffee here is really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, good time.MaryDined on 6/13/2014We needed a bite to eat with the family after the Chihuly museum. This restaurant was just right. The food and service were good. Seeing Mr. Chihuly's personally collections was very interesting. We would definitely return.
- great Seattle Center choiceJudeDined on 6/13/2014Collections Cafe is perfect for pre-event dining before theater/ballet/opera at Seattle Center. Great food, service & location.Special Features:
- Always a treatlovegoodfoodVIPDined on 6/7/2014I've never been disappointed with a meal at Collections Cafe. The food is consistently good and tasty. I had the Seared Salmon and my guest had the Rigatoni. I look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Not a tourist trapBosDiningDudeVIPDined on 6/6/2014Real, interesting food and friendly service in a clean, clever space... I had a little pizza with nectarines and prosciutto that was unusual and delicious. A great alternative to all the fast food around the needle.Special Features:
- Very Disappointed in HamburgerdiningdivaDined on 6/3/2014I have been to Collections many times since it opened and I love the look of the place and have had some great meals there, but this time I ordered their Tillamook burger and was very disappointed. I asked for medium rare and my friend asked for medium well. Both were cooked at least 2 levels more done than what we asked for. Her's was chared and mine had no pink to it at all. They were very dry. You know when you want a good juicy hamburger and instead you get something really dry and tasteless? That's what it was like. If you are going to serve a hamburger, don't try to make it to fat-free and "good for you." I wouldn't discourage you from going - it is well worth the trip -- just doon't order the hamburger.Special Features:
- Unexpected Goodness!!AliKattDined on 5/31/2014We loved our crab cake benedicts. The greens that came with it was a perfect pairing. The honey cucumber mimosa was incredible. So refreshing & different. We thought the pre fix brunch was reasonably priced & delicious. We love that you can have burgers & sandwiches too. Great find. We'll be back.Special Features: