Colicchio & Sons - Tap Room
85 10th Ave.
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Colicchio & Sons - Tap Room
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.colicchioandsons.com/
- Phone: 2124006699
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11am- 2:30pm;
Lunch: Wednesay - Friday: 12- 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30-10pm, Friday: 5:30-11pm, Saturday 5-11pm, Sunday: 5-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Tom Colicchio & James Tracey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please contact ASuggs@colicchioandsons.com for details
- Special Events: Our special 2-course $25 lunch prix-fixe menu has made it's way back into the Tap Room!
- Cross Street: Entrance between 15th and 16th St.
- Public Transit: A, C, E & L @ 14th St and 8th Avenue.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Icon Parking
385 West 15th Street
New York, NY 10011
**Corner of 9th avenue & 15th street. The car entrance is near the corner of 16th street & 9th avenue. There is a pedestrian exit on 15th street near 9th avenue.
A word from Colicchio & Sons - Tap Room
In the Tap Room guests can enjoy a menu of specialties from the wood-burning oven. An extensive selection of artisan beers, as well as a distinctive wine list by the glass and bottle, will round out the experience. Colicchio & Sons Tap Room is an excellent option to gather after a brisk walk on the High Line or a long day of work! Colicchio & Sons Tap Room accepts Brunch, Lunch and Dinner Reservations.Continued
For Brunch reservations, guests may be sat in EITHER the Tap Room OR the Main Dining Room. The same menu is served in both rooms.
For Brunch reservations, guests may be sat in EITHER the Tap Room OR the Main Dining Room. The same menu is served in both rooms.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Colicchio & Sons - Tap Room reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (108)special occasion (82)romantic (50)notable wine list (50)great for brunch (49)great for lunch (44)neighborhood gem (43)good for groups (41)hot spot (34)vibrant bar scene (19)scenic view (19)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (9)Show More
- Best so farMrBillDined on 8/25/2014In NYC prior to cruise and came here based on Trip reviews. Extraordinary collage of flavor sand intermezzo surprises. Creative dishes. Fun sever. It was quiet when we were there (early ). Ate in front room near bar. Highly recommend ( but expensive )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ..SuperbVoorburgDined on 8/23/2014It's about all the attention to detail. From the well presented and excellently thought out menu all the way through to the individual attention by the highly trained and attentive serving staff. From start to finish - what a superb experience. My daughters birthday and she was made to feel really special. Thank you for not clapping and singing - but for coming around and giving her individual attention and thought. Her name printed on the menu was so special. Many thanks to the team. Food excellent and don't forget to try those cocktails..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingJasonVIPDined on 8/22/2014We are never disappointed when we eat here. The staff and food are always beyond exceptional. Cocktails are always good and they add new ones often. Tried the caviar appetizer. It was incredibleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific meal!MLSyogiDined on 8/21/2014It was our first time at his restaurant; we chose the Tap Room as the menu was more accessible, there was something for everybody. I noticed that the menu in the main dining room was very eclectic and could've been a problem for a one of our party who is not very adventurous. Our every need was met; there were two of us who are gluten-free and they took such good care of us. The egg-caviar-on toast appetizer was amazing. Two of us had the roast chicken for two. It is the best roast chicken we've ever tasted. My husband had the red quinoa "risotto" that was beautifully presented and satisfying. The pace of the meal was perfect, and I would go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2014It's not the best meal we've ever had but we had a very solid brunch there. My wife had a version of Eggs Benedict with zucchini and bacon. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findGreatfindsDined on 8/15/2014I wanted somewhere special, fun, vibrant to take my son & his girlfriend for dinner. Great find, staff were great, nothing was too much trouble, food was excellent - shared the whole chicken with my son and it was the tastiest chicken I have eaten for years, cooked to perfection. The presentation of the food was wonderful. Would definitely go back and highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Outstanding service-quite good foodGretaDined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed our evening at Colicchio very much. The food was overall very good; some dishes were outstanding. I had the fish stuffed with crab with a butter sauce that could have been more flavourful. My husband and son had a truly fantastic pork belly and that was I would go back for! For dessert go for the great Parfait! Cookies were so/so.With its very high ceilings and soft-rock background music, I felt the atmosphere lacked charm and coziness, but perhaps the architect was looking for "impressive" and "sophisticated" rather than "elegant" and "intimate". The best part of our evening was the wonderful waitress we had. We had to be in and out in just over an hour and she achieved that without ever making us feel we were putting her out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great casual mealWhere2eatVIPDined on 8/9/2014Excellent service. Yummy food. The burger was so perfectly prepared. Great amuse bouche. First class all the way. Loved it Tom!Special Features:
- The perfect place for a birthdaylazzaDined on 8/8/2014I'd booked Colicchio & Sons Tap Room for my son's 26th birthday as we were in NY from London for the weekend. From the moment we arrived when the first thing said was "Hi Max, Happy Birthday" through to the personalised menu and dessert, the evening couldn't have been more perfect. The venue has a really funky vibe with an interesting use of materials in the room and an astonishing wine cellar with glass walls above the bar. The food was truly delicious - we all tried something different and we all had food envy. There was a lot of fork sharing going on. And the service was excellent - helpful, friendly, attentive but not too so, water constantly replenished, recommendations offered. And my son had a terrific birthday dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeBillVIPDined on 8/8/2014Food was excellent. Service was great. Nice snacks and bread to start and zucchini muffins as a parting gift were awesome. I recommend stopping on for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeBirthdayDined on 8/7/2014Celebrated spouse's birthday and they pulled out all of the stops- including printing a menu with his name on it. Food was inventive and tasty. The rosemary and fig pizza was outstanding. The corn chowder amuse bouche was so flavorful. My burrata appetizer was creamy and delicious. Most of the table had the steak which was tender and wonderful but a little undercooked. Everyone ordered it medium rare and all were more on the rare side- might want to order it a little more cooked than you usually order. Deserts were over the top yummy. Service was outstanding with the perfect balance of attention, acknowledgement and privacy. Very pleased and looking forward to going back. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Underrated Service!localsuitVIPDined on 8/2/2014Our family had an outstanding time at Colicchio and Sons. We went in with low expectations ( despite great ratings) as we didn't know what to expect from a celebrity (now anyway) restaurant. Simply put, the food and drinks are excellent but what really distinguished our visit was the very high level of Hospitality and service which is quite rare to find. You must go and enjoy not only the food, but also the warm service!Special Features:
- Perfect!MasaVIPDined on 8/1/2014We needed to be somewhere by 9:30, so, we couldn't fully enjoy our meal, but the food was great, and the service friendly and quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerAJLLPLVIPDined on 7/26/2014We enjoyed a beautiful dinner with the most exceptional service and wonderful food. Can't wait to return!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!!ShopgirlDined on 7/26/2014My husband and I spent the weekend in the city...and looked forward to dining at Colicchio & Sons. We did not anticipate what a wonderful time we would have. The service is top notch...from the moment you walk in until you leave. The feeling you get is "you are special, and we are happy you are dining with us". The menu is not large - but quantity means nothing when you have quality. The skate fish was fabulous, appetizers (salad and fig pizza) were above and beyond. During dinner the manager came over to chat (thanks Chase)...and we ended up touring the kitchen. The kitchen was a sight to see....so incredibly clean, very busy AND very friendly!!! What a great experience.Special Features:
- Good neighborhood restaurantjmemmaDined on 7/26/2014The restaurant was very nice and upscale. Although we had planned on lunch, they only had their brunch menu available on weekends. Nevertheless, the offerings were plenty and our party of six had a little of everything. The food was fantastic and the service great. Every time we're in the city, we try a new restaurant. This one did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Thank you!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/25/2014Staff went out of their way to make our night special. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A NYC Landmarkbtkenn2Dined on 7/19/2014An excellent, first class establishment! Thank you, Colicchio & Sons! Celebrated our wedding anniversary for the second year in a row at the Tap Room, and it was an experience we'll never forget. The most attentive staff, relaxed yet upscale, and new flavor combinations that will keep us coming back for more, year after year. Beyond delicious and perfectly cooked! Praise & thanks to everyone we met, especially the chefs! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 College Friends Catching UpOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014The food was terrific. The service was great. We got there 5mins before our reservation time and got to pick our own table. When they confirmed the reservation with us, they asked if it's for a special occasion and we told them that it was a mini surprise bridal shower for our friend. We were surprised when we got our menu that was customized to say congratulation and our friend's name on it. The scene was nice and we were there from 7 to 10pm for the 4 of us, spent about an hour just sitting there chatting after the dinner. Even tho the place was not extremely close to any subway stations and my friends complained at first but it was totally worth it at the end! Thank you, Colicchio & Sons Tap Room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good servicegreatlunchDined on 7/18/2014The service was outstanding. The food was delicious and the price can not be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisiteOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/17/2014Have been to Colicchio and Sons several times and have never been disappointed. Service is outstanding without being intrusive. Food is consistently excellent and wine list is solid. Have always dined in the Tap Room (don't let the name scare you off) which offers great views of the street. Will always make it a point to fine here whenever in NY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceSpykedmDined on 7/13/2014A little table theatre, courtesy of the waiting staff, seems increasingly to be the vogue and honestly, I don't mind it, but I don't look out for it in a restaurant either. If I go out for a meal I want good service of course, but mostly I want discrete service supporting great food in a terrific a setting. For me, this restaurant ticked all the important boxes as well as the less important ones. My wife found it on the web and as a first time tourist in the city there was every chance of disappointment. Not so however. A great find for us, and one we'll recommend to any friends visiting Manhattan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A short but delicious menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Colicchio & Sons is in a fantastic location, right next to the High-Line. The menu was short (always a good sign) but had options to suit a variety of tastes. The standard of the food was fantastic and the waiting staff were impeccable - food for all parties arriving simultaneously in a flourish of service.Special Features:
- Amazing as per usualOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014This is prob my fifth time here at the restaurant and the food, service, etc keeps getting better and better. Decided to bring a friend who has never been here before and she absolutely loved it. Thanks for always providing great service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in nycOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/11/2014This was our best dinning experience in all of New York. Food was crazy good server was so knowledgable and attentive - to everyone. Had heard this was great - and it did not disappoint.Special Features:
- A special placeNYCFoodieDined on 7/10/2014If you're celebrating a birthday, this is the place to go! Let them know of the birthday in advance & they personalize the menu with the person's name and a Happy Birthday wish. At the end of the meal they give you a copy of the menu and a hand written birthday card! The good is also excellent. Very fresh and flavorful. Do yourself a favor and order the octopus appetizer. The menu changes seasonally so be prepared. The servers are all very attentive. We didn't really view the main dining room, but the Tap room is just adjacent to it and was fine. Perhaps a little more casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceteresajDined on 7/9/2014The service was terrific and the food divine. Had a great time dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a Wonderful TimeTopChefFan1819Dined on 7/9/2014I really enjoyed this restaurant. We arrived early and there was no problem with that. They seated us right away. The hostess was very nice and friendly. The waiters were very attentive to us. When they mistakenly put sauce on my daughter's hamburger, the waiter immediately took care of it and brought out a new hamburger. The chef sent us out for free some chilled split pea appetizers. Very nice. The pork belly was delicious. Overall we had a wonderful experience at the restaurant. I would definitely go again when I am in the city.Special Features:
- porkywestlodgeDined on 7/9/2014It's what people like but at least half the items on the menu contain pork in some form.maybe this is an homage to meatpacking district. Staff was very nice and friendly which is so nice in New York but a bit slow coming to take our order , possibly waiting for both menus to be closed.Too bad not to be a drinker because the beverage lists were formidable! It's spacious, which was great, and one of the few restaurants in the city that I've been to where one can have a conversation at lunch with out shouting. Could be different at night or when full of people. Great Westside location near all the galleries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal, best service.LisawinsletDined on 7/8/2014Visited here for my Dad's 60th birthday. The service was faultless, staff could not do enough for us. They even surprised my Dad with a mini birthday cake & candle, lovely touch. The food was beyond superb. We all opted for the beef brisket between 2 with mustard greens & grits. Wow... Honestly, the best meal I've ever had (and I'm a foodie!). Thank you for a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable service! Great food!Tsweet73Dined on 7/6/2014I took my mother and two daughters for Sunday brunch on a recent trip to NYC. I went because I've always wanted to eat at a Colicchio restaurant and I was not disappointed. My girls loved the pain Perdue and my pork belly and grits had amazing flavors. The service was impeccable, even after we left. I wrote on the comment card that my mom wasn't entirely satisfied with the prosciutto on her dish and the GM called about 14 minutes after we left and made it right. The service may have been even better than the food - if that's possible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Dining ExperiencegribbsterDined on 6/29/2014I had the pleasure of celebrating my birthday here last weekend with my fiance and my parents. They were kind enough to print special menus for the table with a birthday message on them. The menu is very interesting and the dishes were all carefully prepared. My entree, the hanger steak, was cooked to perfection. The service was outstanding - our server was very knowledgeable with respect to the menu and the wine list. This is definitely in my top three dining experiences and has reset the bar with respect to service standards. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Fabulous choice 4 High Line walkersOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/29/2014Another great venue by TC--fabulous food, attentive service, quiet, romantic and yet also efficient. Pretty space. Light and open. Actual space between the tables! We were a party of 11 and we had a perfect experience.Special Features:
- Great food and ambianceN45STVIPDined on 6/28/2014This is a superb restaurant. Food is brilliantly prepared. Expensive but special. Brunch was lovely - the fritatta was soft and silky - we would come back for that alone. And the industrial look of the place is stunning. We ate in the Tap Room which is much more casual and reasonable than the main dining room, but more limited menu. Will come back.Special Features:
- Review June 27,2014Boeing727Dined on 6/27/2014The rorom was was too cold, the food I thought was good but not great and the servie was really average along with the bartender (mixology was way below average, hire a bartender at Daddy-O's in the west village) the ambience of the room was way to large I seen Mr. colicchio on TV several times and he has always been super critical, I would suggest that he look at his own restaurant experience and improve it, I would not come back and would not recommend this restaurant
- Disappointed, sort of.....kyetraDined on 6/27/2014Ate in the Tap Room.... Appetizers were spot on, and delicious - buratta, and the farm egg. Dessert was shared, the semifredo, fantastic. We shared the brisket dinner for two and although the brisket was incredibly tender the salt ratio on the rub made the "crust" inedible. The grits were soupy, and the braised kale, meh. Have eaten in the main dining room and that blew my socks off, so I have to say that I was disappointed with our entree :-(Special Features:
- something specialUpperWestSideExPatDined on 6/25/2014this was our third visit and it remains a charm and inspires return visits. Diners bask in the glow of food and service finesse. Just great.Special Features:
- fantastic mealSheriSVIPDined on 6/22/2014We returned to Colicchio & Sons this time for brunch and it was delicious. Once again the service is outstanding, the food beautifully presented and incredible. The desserts were absolutely amazing and so good. I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough and cannot wait to return there.Special Features:
- Did not disappoint!Liv4foodVIPDined on 6/21/2014We had a great dinner at the Tap Room. Not sure what to expect- would Colecchio deliver or airmail it, given his fame? Happy to report we enjoyed every aspect of the evening. The restaurant is lovely and spacious. The food was excellent - a more limited menu as you would expect since not the main dining room, but honestly plenty for our table of four to choose from. Enjoyed 3 great courses, beautifully served.Special Features:
- Fantastic serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/21/2014The food (beef and brisket) was delicious (except skate was average). Appetizers were lovely. We went for a birthday celebration and the honoree's name was printed at the top of our menus with a Happy Birthday wish. Service was one of the best experiences in NYC. Attentive, pleasant and on the ball.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.