Colicchio & Sons - Tap Room
85 10th Ave.
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Colicchio & Sons - Tap Room
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.colicchioandsons.com/
- Phone: (212) 400-6699
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11am- 2:30pm;
Lunch: Wednesay - Friday: 12- 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30-10pm, Friday: 5:30-11pm, Saturday 5-11pm, Sunday: 5-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Tom Colicchio & James Tracey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please contact ASuggs@colicchioandsons.com for details
- Special Events: Our special 2-course $25 lunch prix-fixe menu has made it's way back into the Tap Room!
- Cross Street: Entrance between 15th and 16th St.
- Public Transit: A, C, E & L @ 14th St and 8th Avenue.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Icon Parking
385 West 15th Street
New York, NY 10011
**Corner of 9th avenue & 15th street. The car entrance is near the corner of 16th street & 9th avenue. There is a pedestrian exit on 15th street near 9th avenue.
A word from Colicchio & Sons - Tap Room
In the Tap Room guests can enjoy a menu of specialties from the wood-burning oven. An extensive selection of artisan beers, as well as a distinctive wine list by the glass and bottle, will round out the experience. Colicchio & Sons Tap Room is an excellent option to gather after a brisk walk on the High Line or a long day of work! Colicchio & Sons Tap Room accepts Brunch, Lunch and Dinner Reservations.Continued
For Brunch reservations, guests may be sat in EITHER the Tap Room OR the Main Dining Room. The same menu is served in both rooms.
For Brunch reservations, guests may be sat in EITHER the Tap Room OR the Main Dining Room. The same menu is served in both rooms.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Colicchio & Sons - Tap Room reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (111)special occasion (71)neighborhood gem (57)notable wine list (50)great for brunch (44)romantic (37)hot spot (36)good for groups (31)vibrant bar scene (20)great for lunch (20)scenic view (8)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- GREAT!CheryljfDined on 11/16/2014I went to the Tap Room for brunch with a girlfriend. We wanted to do the Meatpacking but was a little tired of the usual spots. The Tap Room has great, innovative cocktails, amazing and attentive service (not what you usually get at brunch) and the food was fantastic! You're not going to pay a lot more than you usually would for brunch but the difference is tangible! Instead of the same old brunch choices, these choices were inspired, delicious and definitely fit for foodies! My brunch was a pulled pork and shrimp dish with roasted tomatoes and grits. I usually shy away from grits as I find them very boring but this dish was absolutely fantastic. My girlfriend has a 'thing' about poached eggs that are too runny and she wanted to send them back. The waiter suggested that a baked egg dish would have the eggs cooked more to her liking and they gave her a completely new dish. Then, because I had eaten mine, they gave me a complementary appetizer so that she didn't have to eat alone. Really a cut above for brunch, very good indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a beauitiful spaceMaguiDined on 11/16/2014The restaurant is beautiful: high ceilings, tall windows looking out to the highline, open kitchen and a wall of logs giving it a warm atmosphere. Great menu, and very good, creative "farm to table" type food. A wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedSELENAVIPDined on 11/15/2014How is Colicchio always so fantastic? I am so pleasantly surprised every time I come and my experience is better than the last. I can hardly believe it myself. I eat out a lot and enjoy my fair share of delicious cuisine but Colicchio is able to make a great meal into a great experience. Brava!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch perfectionJasonVIPDined on 11/15/2014We haven't been here for brunch in a while and were curious to taste their always amazing new menu. As usual it was phenomenal. Our favorites were the the apple pizza and steak tar tar. The service was great and our waiter was extremely helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch - recommendedAnnieVIPDined on 11/15/2014Went here for brunch when my dad was in town. Was very classy and nicely decorated, and the prices were great! Had grits and prawns and my dads burger was both delish - recommend for brunch. Service outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch placetheatergoerVIPDined on 11/9/2014Good food but the portions are rather small. Very good staff. Very comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the trip!CeeSeeVIPDined on 11/8/2014Delicious food is always unforgettable. We kept talking about the Pork belly with shrimp/grits, the homemade doughnuts to die for;baked eggs with roasted cauliflower and bacon on cast iron; Eggs with Hollandaise were very interestingly unique, above the ordinary brunch fare. The warm breads were so fresh & flavorful. Above all the service was truly impeccable. They made us feel so special with a touching surprise. The celebrant was thrilled to see her name on the menu!A detail like that made her birthday very happy.She appreciated the birthday petite, delicate ice cream sandwich.We all loved it. Just the reason friends and family do go back for brunch/lunch. Worth the trip of "training" it in.Special Features:
- enjoyableToryDined on 11/5/2014We enjoyed our late night meal in the tap room. The menu is limited but I managed to find gf and df options and the waitstaff were quite accommodating. Service was a bit slow and we suffered for more than 5 minutes after being seated without any help. No greeting, no water, nothing. Husband got the duck confit and really enjoyed it though he thought the portion was too small. Nice atmosphere and similar noise level as the main dining room. Usually the $$$$ places are quieter but not in this case.Special Features:
- Delicious Duck ConfitHGWTVIPDined on 11/5/2014Has an excellent meal with a tuna tartare to start which was very tender and a nice sized portion. All three at our table had the duck confit and all of us were very pleased with the dish. The house made ice cream (burnt honey, toasted marshmallow, and candied ginger) were intensely flavorful and tasty! Service was a bit slow on a busy Wednesday night, but friendly. Sommelier help with the burgundy selection was very knowledgable. Overall, I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/2/2014I just had my second meal ever at Colicchio & Sons and once again had a truly wonderful and special experience. The food was delicious and the service exemplary in every respect. I was there for a birthday celebration and the staff ensured that my dinner was incredibly special. I feel very grateful to them.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2014Great brunch....very interesting and tasty choices...reasonable price and excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- Dinner always amazingJasonVIPDined on 11/1/2014The service and the dinner here is always exceptional. Their new fall cocktails were amazing. Definitely try the escargot, it's to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal with wonderful libations!JimRVIPDined on 11/1/2014This menu is really creative and the food is excellent. The only thing better may be the cocktail menu. We tried several and they were all wonderful. Definitely a solid dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the bestNeilDined on 11/1/2014Colichio and Sons is the standard for what a great restaurant should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedthegigglerVIPDined on 10/29/2014My wife and I ate here because we are foodie's and love Top Chef. After seeing how judgemental Chef Tom Colicchio is on TV, we wanted to try one of his restaurants while in NYC. Huge disappointment for lunch. Small menu and small wine list. My wife had the pizza. Fresh ingredients but not better than local fresh pizza restaurants. I gad the brisket sandwich. Seasoned okay but what ruined my dish was the side accompanying the sandwich. I litterally had 5 large pieces of Red Leaf lettuce (only) with a lack luster vinegarette. No tomato/nuts/onions or other items. Lettuce only as a side for a sandwich. Pathetic especially since this guy passes judgement on others creations. I dine in New Orleans..this was the worst meal in NYC last week.
- Top class servicePetterDined on 10/28/2014The food was wonderful but what made the visit great was the perfect service, one of the best we have ever experienced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect for parent visitUESbritDined on 10/26/2014Lovely ambience, great food and not too loud for my parents.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnusualfrauschmidtDined on 10/26/2014Unusual style of pizza and desert, friendly service( not too much browsing arround you). We liked the atmosphere and had a great time. Thx!Special Features:
- Lovely location, Great serviceUNFSocProfVIPDined on 10/26/2014We dined with a group of friends on a recent trip to NYC. Without a doubt, the restaurant is beautiful and the service is attentive but not stuffy. The overall environment was perfect for a dark fall dinner, with soft lighting and staff that allowed us to go at our own pace. The food was a bit hit and miss. The food highlight of my entire weekend was the apple cider amuse served prior to the entrees. It was a novel touch, with just the right balance of savory and sweet. The bone marrow, though, was a bit disappointing--more fatty and gelatinous than an unctuous meaty spread. Other touches I liked were the availability of beer and wine flights, as well as the complimentary cookies to go. So cute and thoughtful!Special Features:
- Great BrunchFamilyOutingDined on 10/26/2014The Tap Room is beautiful and has a very warm , cozy atmosphere. The food and service were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Colicchio & Sons - A Food AdvantureAlecMVIPDined on 10/25/2014I have been going Colicchio and Sons for over 5 years now and they have not been able to disappoint once. Once you enter the restaurant, a food journey starts. Once you leave, an incredible food adventure ends. Also, not only they have a notable wine list, but if you are hard liquor person, you will certainly enjoy of the best bar experiences ever (as far as mixed drinks and high quality liquor). I would recommend for you to go there and try a round of appetizers, drink and wine. I do it time to time and it is super fun and delicious. Also, if they happen to have Oysters and you are a fan like me ... go for it ... they manage to have the freshest ones in town.Special Features:
- Great Burger and BrisketOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/25/2014The burger and brisket sandwich were fantastic, one of the best burgers I've had. Great beers and staff very hospitable.
- Great lunchTinaDined on 10/24/2014Had steak tartar, beef brisket sandwich, for dessert, Zeppolr and baked Alaska, all top notch food.breat beer too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a meal, what a waiterAnnieMVIPDined on 10/23/2014Hands down, just scrumptious unbelievable food served by an amazing waiter. It was so memorable. I loved every bit of the experience....the decor, the atmosphere, the service, every morsel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leaj23Dined on 10/23/2014I've been to Gramercy Tavern, which has impeccable service. The service here matches that - and more. The food though is above average. But when you dine here, you feel special (ask for Darren, our server). What makes this resto stand out is the fact that they printed out a one-of-a-kind menu (they printed on top, "Happy Birthday" and my name). This menu they gave to me at the end, with a personal note from Darren. This gesture earned my praise and loyalty. You feel you're important and not just any ordinary customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!rbjnyVIPDined on 10/19/2014A great meal! Terrific service, delicious food, wonderful place to have quiet conversation. Pizza was especially delicious. Portions a little small. But the service was extraordinary. When one of the guests complained that the brisket was too spicy, they offered to switch her main course; then gave us half-off on her entree plus gave us an extra dessert for free. That has never happened at any restaurant I have ever patronized. Bravo!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near High LineBrooklynGuyVIPDined on 10/18/2014Nice way to end a walk on the High Line. Very good service and the food was great.Special Features:
- Best Burger Ever.DinerDined on 10/18/2014Great restaurant with outstanding service. The burger in the Tap Room was the best burger we've ever tasted. Bread was yummy too.Special Features:
- exceeded all expectationsLMajDined on 10/18/2014Booked to celebrate my partners birthday. We were given a really great table and the staff were very warm and welcoming on arrival. The menu had been personalised with his name which was a really great touch. Although the number of dishes was fairly limited - we had the whole roast chicken - the food was superb. Due to the length of time taken to prepare the meal we were advised that an entree would be recommended. A fantastic touch was the small birthday cake which we had not ordered but was a lovely surprise. The service throughout was exceptional. The attentiveness and advice was outstanding. Service in New York is always good but at Colicchio it was the best we have experienced in our stay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Wonderful experience. Great staff, superior food and the Tap room had warm ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EwpriceDined on 10/18/2014We love coming here..the egg/caviar toast was devine!Special Features:
- Stuffy serviceBexie1018Dined on 10/17/2014This is a beautiful restaurant and the menu is very interesting. I booked this as it had good reviews, I thought I was in the more casual tap room. The waiter was nice but he mis-understood the order twice and brought the wrong things. It was all dealt with correctly though so nothing too major. However there are a lot of food runners and sometimes your table is surrounded by servers! It doesn't really match the atmosphere or the menu, all a bit over the top!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!mikeDined on 10/16/2014Had a great lunch... Don't miss this place for lunch or dinner! You can walk the High Line before or after..one of the hottest eating spots in the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best NYC Brunch experienceBarbaraDined on 10/12/2014There is a good reason this restaurant is so highly rated. It lives up to its reputation. Food is delicious, choices are interesting, prices are fair. Service is impeccable while non-intrusive. Setting is lovely as well, tables well spaced.Special Features:
- Expected no lessfood4thoughtDined on 10/10/2014Fabulous experience. The best escargot I've ever had and who knew brisket could be so succulent and delicious, paired with the creamiest grits and tasty collards. Great wines, beer and mixed drinks. They accommodated dietary issues masterfully providing gluten free and dairy free options with flair. Loved the cookies at the end of the meal. The dessert was not up to the rest and so I only gave 4 stars but would have given 4 and 3/4 if possible. Ice cream parfait: ice cream was not creamy and there were no gluten free options but the gluten free cookies were amazing and perhaps should have made a cookie plate. A memorable and delicious meal. Supper friendly service, too!!Special Features:
- Very DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/9/2014We first ate here about a month ago - fantastic from start to finish. Decided to celebrate a birthday and very eager to return. What a mistake. Our appetizer - when we finally got it - was delicious as it was the first visit. Rest of the meal was disappointing. I hate to give a bad review and all places have off nights. I won't go into detail but service was very inattentive and impossible to get anyone's attention - for water? for a roll? Our main courses were subpar. Might have been nice if anyone asked how our entrees were but that was way beyond them on this evening. They asked about dessert and coffee - we took the check and went elsewhere. I will say everyone who works there is very pleasant but such chaos that night.Special Features:
- patcDined on 10/5/2014We just love Colicchio & Sons. The Tap Room is cozy and comfortable. From the moment we walked in the front door the service was excellent. Our waiter was helpful and friendly. We were especially interested in the Oktoberfest menu and were not disappointed. The food was delicious and the beer paring was perfect. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Must try!EnjoygoodeatsDined on 10/5/2014Colicchio & Sons - Tap Room was truly a wonderful experience. We went for brunch. From the soft warm bread roll to start with a hint of salt, poached eggs with cut green beans and hollandaise sauce is light yet had a great blend of flavor....The burgers with drunken onions is a must try....not the typical burger. We finished with the brioche French toast as dessert because we couldn't pass them up. That was just another plus to our adventure. Needless to say we all left smiling!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceBigFoodieDined on 10/4/2014Visited our daughter in New York and took her to dinner at Colicchio & Sons - Tap Room. Had a great dining experience. Service was fantastic. Atmosphere was very enjoyable. Loved the wall of wine behind the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceJMacDined on 9/28/2014My fiancé and I came here to celebrate our engagement. The ambiance was very romantic and perfect for the occasion. The food was well balanced but what was most memorable was the excellent service from our waitress, Becky, as well as the rest of the staff. We were given first class treatment upon entering even though we were completely underdressed from our day out in the city. Our waitress was also kind enough to offer us a few souvenirs to remember our evening. It was truly a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.