Colicchio & Sons - Tap Room
85 10th Ave.
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Colicchio & Sons - Tap Room
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.colicchioandsons.com/
- Phone: 2124006699
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11am- 2:30pm;
Lunch: Wednesay - Friday: 12- 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30-10pm, Friday: 5:30-11pm, Saturday 5-11pm, Sunday: 5-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Tom Colicchio & James Tracey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please contact ASuggs@colicchioandsons.com for details
- Special Events: Our special 2-course $25 lunch prix-fixe menu has made it's way back into the Tap Room!
- Cross Street: Entrance between 15th and 16th St.
- Public Transit: A, C, E & L @ 14th St and 8th Avenue.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Icon Parking
385 West 15th Street
New York, NY 10011
**Corner of 9th avenue & 15th street. The car entrance is near the corner of 16th street & 9th avenue. There is a pedestrian exit on 15th street near 9th avenue.
A word from Colicchio & Sons - Tap Room
In the Tap Room guests can enjoy a menu of specialties from the wood-burning oven. An extensive selection of artisan beers, as well as a distinctive wine list by the glass and bottle, will round out the experience. Colicchio & Sons Tap Room is an excellent option to gather after a brisk walk on the High Line or a long day of work! Colicchio & Sons Tap Room accepts Brunch, Lunch and Dinner Reservations.Continued
For Brunch reservations, guests may be sat in EITHER the Tap Room OR the Main Dining Room. The same menu is served in both rooms.
For Brunch reservations, guests may be sat in EITHER the Tap Room OR the Main Dining Room. The same menu is served in both rooms.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Colicchio & Sons - Tap Room reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (106)special occasion (76)notable wine list (48)romantic (46)great for brunch (44)good for groups (39)neighborhood gem (39)great for lunch (37)hot spot (32)vibrant bar scene (18)scenic view (13)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- WonderfulDave987Dined on 9/15/2014Great food and service adjacent to the high line, heliport, and ferry. Risotto and Brisket were perfect, as was the peach pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice findk135VIPDined on 9/14/2014We celebrated a very important birthday on that evening, and this restaurant was highly recommended. Colicchio & Sons - Tap Room did not deceive! The place is very nice, romantic, cool design. The food - even if a tad on the pricey side - was excellent. Everything had it's own wealth of savors, from the warm bread to the whole chicken for two, with cream corn and potato purée to die for... excellent service also. We went on a Sunday and could bring our own bottle of wine which is a very nice attention from the restaurant - allows us to save a few bucks while bringing an excellent bottle to the table. Also a very warm thank you for the special personalized menu and birthday dessert - we loved it! We will be back for sure.Special Features:
- Surprising spot for brunchlexkatDined on 9/14/2014We had been for dinner, but didn't realize they were open for brunch and was looking for something near the High Line - turned out to be a perfect place. Unique food selections and they treated us very well, quiet and not too rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch in NYC!CTRobVIPDined on 9/14/2014If you're in the meatpacking district don't miss brunch at Colicchio and Sons! The tap room is a beautiful room. The service was stellar and the food very inventive, fresh, and delicious! We'll be back to try dinner next.Special Features:
- BetterThan ExpecteddaveDined on 9/12/2014Food ids tops and service is even better. Chase is a nice and caring manager too.Special Features:
- Best meal we had in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014We ate at the tap room on the final evening of our trip to NYC and it was the best meal we had all week. The restaurant is very comfortable with a nice relaxed atmosphere and the staff are just great at their jobs. They were all very polite but so friendly and accommodating to any requests. We were asked if we had any questions about the many before ordering which is always a good sign of well trained staff. TThe food was excellent and a great wine list made the whole meal a great experience. MMy only regret is we left NYC the next day so could not go back but we definitely will next time. IIf you are look no for a relaxed or romantic place for a lovely evening meal then you can't do better than the tap room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at Colicchio and SonsFoodFanDined on 9/7/2014Lovely industrial style decor across from the Chelsea Market. Poached eggs Benedict with bacon and zucchini and brioche French toast were delicious. Would have liked some berries with the French toast. We were sharing and both plates were divided in the kitchen. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!Cpiper2Dined on 9/5/2014One of my favorite spots in NYC. The brisket for 2 is heavenly. Fun to sit a chef's counter. Very reasonable wine list. A definite must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal in NYCDaveSDined on 9/5/2014The Tap Room at Colicchio & Sons was the best dining experience of them all during my trip to NYC. The service was perfect and the food was great. The baked oysters were wonderful and the brisket for 2 was the stuff dreams are made of! The peach bread pudding with sweet corn ice cream - pure bliss. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service just okJustOKVIPDined on 8/30/2014Food was excellent. I used Open Table Dining Checks, which were not properly handled by the restaurant. The bill including tax was for $117. Factoring in a 20% tip, the total I wanted to pay was about $140. I gave server $150 in dining checks. The Open Table policy is that they are supposed to be treated like travelers checks and you're supposed to receive cash back. The server claimed that she was informed they do not give cash back. If the restaurant is not going to participate in Open Table on the correct terms, it should withdraw from Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!LoveNYCVIPDined on 8/30/2014We have returned to Colicchio & Sons yet again. The service and food are excellent. Menu changes seasonally so there is always something new to try. Two of our party of 7 shared the whole roast chicken and it was perfect. Another two shared the brisket, just melts in your mouth. Since it was a special occasion, they again personalized the menu heading for our table. It is the little touches that make C&S a stand out for us. We will definitely be back. Thanks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placedianalnavasDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant is very nice. What I liked the most, was the location! Because it allows you to walk by the river, and go to the chelsea market. Great service! The food is ok, but not outstanding. It is too serious! I prefer more ambiance.Special Features:
- eat alot in nyGermanandgreensDined on 8/29/2014They really wanted to impress us and they did! Great service and food. We sat in the Tap room which is less formal. The chef twice sent out a little something to taste plus gave us zucchini muffins for our next day's breakfast. The peach with caramelized onion pizza as an appetizer was incredible and I am a pizza snob. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service n the district!LondonkeefDined on 8/27/2014Outstanding service from start to finish. Go - you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best so farMrBillDined on 8/25/2014In NYC prior to cruise and came here based on Trip reviews. Extraordinary collage of flavor sand intermezzo surprises. Creative dishes. Fun sever. It was quiet when we were there (early ). Ate in front room near bar. Highly recommend ( but expensive )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ..SuperbVoorburgDined on 8/23/2014It's about all the attention to detail. From the well presented and excellently thought out menu all the way through to the individual attention by the highly trained and attentive serving staff. From start to finish - what a superb experience. My daughters birthday and she was made to feel really special. Thank you for not clapping and singing - but for coming around and giving her individual attention and thought. Her name printed on the menu was so special. Many thanks to the team. Food excellent and don't forget to try those cocktails..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingJasonVIPDined on 8/22/2014We are never disappointed when we eat here. The staff and food are always beyond exceptional. Cocktails are always good and they add new ones often. Tried the caviar appetizer. It was incredibleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific meal!MLSyogiDined on 8/21/2014It was our first time at his restaurant; we chose the Tap Room as the menu was more accessible, there was something for everybody. I noticed that the menu in the main dining room was very eclectic and could've been a problem for a one of our party who is not very adventurous. Our every need was met; there were two of us who are gluten-free and they took such good care of us. The egg-caviar-on toast appetizer was amazing. Two of us had the roast chicken for two. It is the best roast chicken we've ever tasted. My husband had the red quinoa "risotto" that was beautifully presented and satisfying. The pace of the meal was perfect, and I would go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2014It's not the best meal we've ever had but we had a very solid brunch there. My wife had a version of Eggs Benedict with zucchini and bacon. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findGreatfindsDined on 8/15/2014I wanted somewhere special, fun, vibrant to take my son & his girlfriend for dinner. Great find, staff were great, nothing was too much trouble, food was excellent - shared the whole chicken with my son and it was the tastiest chicken I have eaten for years, cooked to perfection. The presentation of the food was wonderful. Would definitely go back and highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Outstanding service-quite good foodGretaDined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed our evening at Colicchio very much. The food was overall very good; some dishes were outstanding. I had the fish stuffed with crab with a butter sauce that could have been more flavourful. My husband and son had a truly fantastic pork belly and that was I would go back for! For dessert go for the great Parfait! Cookies were so/so.With its very high ceilings and soft-rock background music, I felt the atmosphere lacked charm and coziness, but perhaps the architect was looking for "impressive" and "sophisticated" rather than "elegant" and "intimate". The best part of our evening was the wonderful waitress we had. We had to be in and out in just over an hour and she achieved that without ever making us feel we were putting her out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great casual mealWhere2eatVIPDined on 8/9/2014Excellent service. Yummy food. The burger was so perfectly prepared. Great amuse bouche. First class all the way. Loved it Tom!Special Features:
- The perfect place for a birthdaylazzaDined on 8/8/2014I'd booked Colicchio & Sons Tap Room for my son's 26th birthday as we were in NY from London for the weekend. From the moment we arrived when the first thing said was "Hi Max, Happy Birthday" through to the personalised menu and dessert, the evening couldn't have been more perfect. The venue has a really funky vibe with an interesting use of materials in the room and an astonishing wine cellar with glass walls above the bar. The food was truly delicious - we all tried something different and we all had food envy. There was a lot of fork sharing going on. And the service was excellent - helpful, friendly, attentive but not too so, water constantly replenished, recommendations offered. And my son had a terrific birthday dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeBillVIPDined on 8/8/2014Food was excellent. Service was great. Nice snacks and bread to start and zucchini muffins as a parting gift were awesome. I recommend stopping on for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeBirthdayDined on 8/7/2014Celebrated spouse's birthday and they pulled out all of the stops- including printing a menu with his name on it. Food was inventive and tasty. The rosemary and fig pizza was outstanding. The corn chowder amuse bouche was so flavorful. My burrata appetizer was creamy and delicious. Most of the table had the steak which was tender and wonderful but a little undercooked. Everyone ordered it medium rare and all were more on the rare side- might want to order it a little more cooked than you usually order. Deserts were over the top yummy. Service was outstanding with the perfect balance of attention, acknowledgement and privacy. Very pleased and looking forward to going back. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Underrated Service!localsuitVIPDined on 8/2/2014Our family had an outstanding time at Colicchio and Sons. We went in with low expectations ( despite great ratings) as we didn't know what to expect from a celebrity (now anyway) restaurant. Simply put, the food and drinks are excellent but what really distinguished our visit was the very high level of Hospitality and service which is quite rare to find. You must go and enjoy not only the food, but also the warm service!Special Features:
- Perfect!MasaVIPDined on 8/1/2014We needed to be somewhere by 9:30, so, we couldn't fully enjoy our meal, but the food was great, and the service friendly and quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerAJLLPLVIPDined on 7/26/2014We enjoyed a beautiful dinner with the most exceptional service and wonderful food. Can't wait to return!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!!ShopgirlDined on 7/26/2014My husband and I spent the weekend in the city...and looked forward to dining at Colicchio & Sons. We did not anticipate what a wonderful time we would have. The service is top notch...from the moment you walk in until you leave. The feeling you get is "you are special, and we are happy you are dining with us". The menu is not large - but quantity means nothing when you have quality. The skate fish was fabulous, appetizers (salad and fig pizza) were above and beyond. During dinner the manager came over to chat (thanks Chase)...and we ended up touring the kitchen. The kitchen was a sight to see....so incredibly clean, very busy AND very friendly!!! What a great experience.Special Features:
- Good neighborhood restaurantjmemmaDined on 7/26/2014The restaurant was very nice and upscale. Although we had planned on lunch, they only had their brunch menu available on weekends. Nevertheless, the offerings were plenty and our party of six had a little of everything. The food was fantastic and the service great. Every time we're in the city, we try a new restaurant. This one did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Thank you!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/25/2014Staff went out of their way to make our night special. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A NYC Landmarkbtkenn2Dined on 7/19/2014An excellent, first class establishment! Thank you, Colicchio & Sons! Celebrated our wedding anniversary for the second year in a row at the Tap Room, and it was an experience we'll never forget. The most attentive staff, relaxed yet upscale, and new flavor combinations that will keep us coming back for more, year after year. Beyond delicious and perfectly cooked! Praise & thanks to everyone we met, especially the chefs! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 College Friends Catching UpOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014The food was terrific. The service was great. We got there 5mins before our reservation time and got to pick our own table. When they confirmed the reservation with us, they asked if it's for a special occasion and we told them that it was a mini surprise bridal shower for our friend. We were surprised when we got our menu that was customized to say congratulation and our friend's name on it. The scene was nice and we were there from 7 to 10pm for the 4 of us, spent about an hour just sitting there chatting after the dinner. Even tho the place was not extremely close to any subway stations and my friends complained at first but it was totally worth it at the end! Thank you, Colicchio & Sons Tap Room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good servicegreatlunchDined on 7/18/2014The service was outstanding. The food was delicious and the price can not be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisiteOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/17/2014Have been to Colicchio and Sons several times and have never been disappointed. Service is outstanding without being intrusive. Food is consistently excellent and wine list is solid. Have always dined in the Tap Room (don't let the name scare you off) which offers great views of the street. Will always make it a point to fine here whenever in NY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceSpykedmDined on 7/13/2014A little table theatre, courtesy of the waiting staff, seems increasingly to be the vogue and honestly, I don't mind it, but I don't look out for it in a restaurant either. If I go out for a meal I want good service of course, but mostly I want discrete service supporting great food in a terrific a setting. For me, this restaurant ticked all the important boxes as well as the less important ones. My wife found it on the web and as a first time tourist in the city there was every chance of disappointment. Not so however. A great find for us, and one we'll recommend to any friends visiting Manhattan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A short but delicious menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Colicchio & Sons is in a fantastic location, right next to the High-Line. The menu was short (always a good sign) but had options to suit a variety of tastes. The standard of the food was fantastic and the waiting staff were impeccable - food for all parties arriving simultaneously in a flourish of service.Special Features:
- Amazing as per usualOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014This is prob my fifth time here at the restaurant and the food, service, etc keeps getting better and better. Decided to bring a friend who has never been here before and she absolutely loved it. Thanks for always providing great service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in nycOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/11/2014This was our best dinning experience in all of New York. Food was crazy good server was so knowledgable and attentive - to everyone. Had heard this was great - and it did not disappoint.Special Features:
- A special placeNYCFoodieDined on 7/10/2014If you're celebrating a birthday, this is the place to go! Let them know of the birthday in advance & they personalize the menu with the person's name and a Happy Birthday wish. At the end of the meal they give you a copy of the menu and a hand written birthday card! The good is also excellent. Very fresh and flavorful. Do yourself a favor and order the octopus appetizer. The menu changes seasonally so be prepared. The servers are all very attentive. We didn't really view the main dining room, but the Tap room is just adjacent to it and was fine. Perhaps a little more casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.