Colicchio & Sons - Tap Room
85 10th Ave.
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Colicchio & Sons - Tap Room
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.colicchioandsons.com/
- Phone: 2124006699
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11am- 2:30pm;
Lunch: Wednesay - Friday: 12- 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30-10pm, Friday: 5:30-11pm, Saturday 5-11pm, Sunday: 5-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Tom Colicchio & James Tracey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please contact ASuggs@colicchioandsons.com for details
- Special Events: Our special 2-course $25 lunch prix-fixe menu has made it's way back into the Tap Room!
- Cross Street: Entrance between 15th and 16th St.
- Public Transit: A, C, E & L @ 14th St and 8th Avenue.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Icon Parking
385 West 15th Street
New York, NY 10011
**Corner of 9th avenue & 15th street. The car entrance is near the corner of 16th street & 9th avenue. There is a pedestrian exit on 15th street near 9th avenue.
A word from Colicchio & Sons - Tap Room
In the Tap Room guests can enjoy a menu of specialties from the wood-burning oven. An extensive selection of artisan beers, as well as a distinctive wine list by the glass and bottle, will round out the experience. Colicchio & Sons Tap Room is an excellent option to gather after a brisk walk on the High Line or a long day of work! Colicchio & Sons Tap Room accepts Brunch, Lunch and Dinner Reservations.Continued
For Brunch reservations, guests may be sat in EITHER the Tap Room OR the Main Dining Room. The same menu is served in both rooms.
For Brunch reservations, guests may be sat in EITHER the Tap Room OR the Main Dining Room. The same menu is served in both rooms.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Colicchio & Sons - Tap Room reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (106)special occasion (70)neighborhood gem (47)notable wine list (46)romantic (37)hot spot (35)great for brunch (33)good for groups (31)great for lunch (24)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (9)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Top class serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/28/2014The food was wonderful but what made the visit great was the perfect service, one of the best we have ever experienced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect for parent visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Lovely ambience, great food and not too loud for my parents.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnusualfrauschmidtDined on 10/26/2014Unusual style of pizza and desert, friendly service( not too much browsing arround you). We liked the atmosphere and had a great time. Thx!Special Features:
- Lovely location, Great serviceUNFSocProfVIPDined on 10/26/2014We dined with a group of friends on a recent trip to NYC. Without a doubt, the restaurant is beautiful and the service is attentive but not stuffy. The overall environment was perfect for a dark fall dinner, with soft lighting and staff that allowed us to go at our own pace. The food was a bit hit and miss. The food highlight of my entire weekend was the apple cider amuse served prior to the entrees. It was a novel touch, with just the right balance of savory and sweet. The bone marrow, though, was a bit disappointing--more fatty and gelatinous than an unctuous meaty spread. Other touches I liked were the availability of beer and wine flights, as well as the complimentary cookies to go. So cute and thoughtful!Special Features:
- Great BrunchFamilyOutingDined on 10/26/2014The Tap Room is beautiful and has a very warm , cozy atmosphere. The food and service were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Colicchio & Sons - A Food AdvantureAlecMVIPDined on 10/25/2014I have been going Colicchio and Sons for over 5 years now and they have not been able to disappoint once. Once you enter the restaurant, a food journey starts. Once you leave, an incredible food adventure ends. Also, not only they have a notable wine list, but if you are hard liquor person, you will certainly enjoy of the best bar experiences ever (as far as mixed drinks and high quality liquor). I would recommend for you to go there and try a round of appetizers, drink and wine. I do it time to time and it is super fun and delicious. Also, if they happen to have Oysters and you are a fan like me ... go for it ... they manage to have the freshest ones in town.Special Features:
- Great Burger and BrisketOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/25/2014The burger and brisket sandwich were fantastic, one of the best burgers I've had. Great beers and staff very hospitable.
- Great lunchTinaDined on 10/24/2014Had steak tartar, beef brisket sandwich, for dessert, Zeppolr and baked Alaska, all top notch food.breat beer too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a meal, what a waiterAnnieMVIPDined on 10/23/2014Hands down, just scrumptious unbelievable food served by an amazing waiter. It was so memorable. I loved every bit of the experience....the decor, the atmosphere, the service, every morsel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively and DeliciousSeanFranciscoDined on 10/23/2014I took a client to this restaurant on Thursday evening and we were very pleased. The duck confit entree was among the best I've ever had (Chez Panisse wins that battle) and the desserts were outstanding. I recommend the chocolate mousse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leaj23Dined on 10/23/2014I've been to Gramercy Tavern, which has impeccable service. The service here matches that - and more. The food though is above average. But when you dine here, you feel special (ask for Darren, our server). What makes this resto stand out is the fact that they printed out a one-of-a-kind menu (they printed on top, "Happy Birthday" and my name). This menu they gave to me at the end, with a personal note from Darren. This gesture earned my praise and loyalty. You feel you're important and not just any ordinary customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!rbjnyVIPDined on 10/19/2014A great meal! Terrific service, delicious food, wonderful place to have quiet conversation. Pizza was especially delicious. Portions a little small. But the service was extraordinary. When one of the guests complained that the brisket was too spicy, they offered to switch her main course; then gave us half-off on her entree plus gave us an extra dessert for free. That has never happened at any restaurant I have ever patronized. Bravo!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near High LineBrooklynGuyVIPDined on 10/18/2014Nice way to end a walk on the High Line. Very good service and the food was great.Special Features:
- Best Burger Ever.DinerDined on 10/18/2014Great restaurant with outstanding service. The burger in the Tap Room was the best burger we've ever tasted. Bread was yummy too.Special Features:
- exceeded all expectationsLMajDined on 10/18/2014Booked to celebrate my partners birthday. We were given a really great table and the staff were very warm and welcoming on arrival. The menu had been personalised with his name which was a really great touch. Although the number of dishes was fairly limited - we had the whole roast chicken - the food was superb. Due to the length of time taken to prepare the meal we were advised that an entree would be recommended. A fantastic touch was the small birthday cake which we had not ordered but was a lovely surprise. The service throughout was exceptional. The attentiveness and advice was outstanding. Service in New York is always good but at Colicchio it was the best we have experienced in our stay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Wonderful experience. Great staff, superior food and the Tap room had warm ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EwpriceDined on 10/18/2014We love coming here..the egg/caviar toast was devine!Special Features:
- Stuffy serviceBexie1018Dined on 10/17/2014This is a beautiful restaurant and the menu is very interesting. I booked this as it had good reviews, I thought I was in the more casual tap room. The waiter was nice but he mis-understood the order twice and brought the wrong things. It was all dealt with correctly though so nothing too major. However there are a lot of food runners and sometimes your table is surrounded by servers! It doesn't really match the atmosphere or the menu, all a bit over the top!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!mikeDined on 10/16/2014Had a great lunch... Don't miss this place for lunch or dinner! You can walk the High Line before or after..one of the hottest eating spots in the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best NYC Brunch experienceBarbaraDined on 10/12/2014There is a good reason this restaurant is so highly rated. It lives up to its reputation. Food is delicious, choices are interesting, prices are fair. Service is impeccable while non-intrusive. Setting is lovely as well, tables well spaced.Special Features:
- Expected no lessfood4thoughtDined on 10/10/2014Fabulous experience. The best escargot I've ever had and who knew brisket could be so succulent and delicious, paired with the creamiest grits and tasty collards. Great wines, beer and mixed drinks. They accommodated dietary issues masterfully providing gluten free and dairy free options with flair. Loved the cookies at the end of the meal. The dessert was not up to the rest and so I only gave 4 stars but would have given 4 and 3/4 if possible. Ice cream parfait: ice cream was not creamy and there were no gluten free options but the gluten free cookies were amazing and perhaps should have made a cookie plate. A memorable and delicious meal. Supper friendly service, too!!Special Features:
- Very DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/9/2014We first ate here about a month ago - fantastic from start to finish. Decided to celebrate a birthday and very eager to return. What a mistake. Our appetizer - when we finally got it - was delicious as it was the first visit. Rest of the meal was disappointing. I hate to give a bad review and all places have off nights. I won't go into detail but service was very inattentive and impossible to get anyone's attention - for water? for a roll? Our main courses were subpar. Might have been nice if anyone asked how our entrees were but that was way beyond them on this evening. They asked about dessert and coffee - we took the check and went elsewhere. I will say everyone who works there is very pleasant but such chaos that night.Special Features:
- patcDined on 10/5/2014We just love Colicchio & Sons. The Tap Room is cozy and comfortable. From the moment we walked in the front door the service was excellent. Our waiter was helpful and friendly. We were especially interested in the Oktoberfest menu and were not disappointed. The food was delicious and the beer paring was perfect. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Must try!EnjoygoodeatsDined on 10/5/2014Colicchio & Sons - Tap Room was truly a wonderful experience. We went for brunch. From the soft warm bread roll to start with a hint of salt, poached eggs with cut green beans and hollandaise sauce is light yet had a great blend of flavor....The burgers with drunken onions is a must try....not the typical burger. We finished with the brioche French toast as dessert because we couldn't pass them up. That was just another plus to our adventure. Needless to say we all left smiling!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceBigFoodieDined on 10/4/2014Visited our daughter in New York and took her to dinner at Colicchio & Sons - Tap Room. Had a great dining experience. Service was fantastic. Atmosphere was very enjoyable. Loved the wall of wine behind the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceJMacDined on 9/28/2014My fiancé and I came here to celebrate our engagement. The ambiance was very romantic and perfect for the occasion. The food was well balanced but what was most memorable was the excellent service from our waitress, Becky, as well as the rest of the staff. We were given first class treatment upon entering even though we were completely underdressed from our day out in the city. Our waitress was also kind enough to offer us a few souvenirs to remember our evening. It was truly a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to Miss in NYCohiowineoVIPDined on 9/28/2014this is a definite place to enjoy great dining. The Tap Room is elegant casual and with and excellent bar, wine list and supurb service. Thanks to John, Jessica and Danielle ( she can create your favorite beverage with precise attention).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014A great place for something different and new. The dishes were all very experimental, but delicious none the less! Highly recommend the escargo and their homemade ice cream. Come with an open mind and definitely save room for dessert!Special Features:
- Another flawless mealJasonVIPDined on 9/21/2014We eat here probably once a week. They never fail to deliver surprises and some of the best high end food the city has to offer. The staff is always warm and knowledgable and we always feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining in great ambiencevinedineDined on 9/20/2014Nice atmosphere and ambience, friendly and helpful staff. Wide choice and offer on wine list. Great starters, oyster and escargot were amazing. The main course though had its flaws. The skate was a bit cold and duck confit dry and little dull for what one would expect from restaurant like this. Nevertheless the staff made nice gesture and reimbursed those two meals on their own initiative, respect! Would definitely come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable serviceGastroGnomeVIPDined on 9/20/2014Our dinner party of six was given a round corner table where we could relax and hear one another. We were lovingly tended to, and our every need anticipated. The food was delicious, the ingredients obviously fresh and first rate. When one of our party could not decide on which dessert to choose they brought her both...the second one on the house. I have also been here for a delightful lunch. This is my new favorite Highline area restaurant. Stay away so I can get a table....just kidding!Special Features:
- WonderfulDave987Dined on 9/15/2014Great food and service adjacent to the high line, heliport, and ferry. Risotto and Brisket were perfect, as was the peach pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice findk135VIPDined on 9/14/2014We celebrated a very important birthday on that evening, and this restaurant was highly recommended. Colicchio & Sons - Tap Room did not deceive! The place is very nice, romantic, cool design. The food - even if a tad on the pricey side - was excellent. Everything had it's own wealth of savors, from the warm bread to the whole chicken for two, with cream corn and potato purée to die for... excellent service also. We went on a Sunday and could bring our own bottle of wine which is a very nice attention from the restaurant - allows us to save a few bucks while bringing an excellent bottle to the table. Also a very warm thank you for the special personalized menu and birthday dessert - we loved it! We will be back for sure.Special Features:
- Surprising spot for brunchlexkatDined on 9/14/2014We had been for dinner, but didn't realize they were open for brunch and was looking for something near the High Line - turned out to be a perfect place. Unique food selections and they treated us very well, quiet and not too rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch in NYC!CTRobVIPDined on 9/14/2014If you're in the meatpacking district don't miss brunch at Colicchio and Sons! The tap room is a beautiful room. The service was stellar and the food very inventive, fresh, and delicious! We'll be back to try dinner next.Special Features:
- BetterThan ExpecteddaveDined on 9/12/2014Food ids tops and service is even better. Chase is a nice and caring manager too.Special Features:
- Best meal we had in NYCNeilMcDined on 9/10/2014We ate at the tap room on the final evening of our trip to NYC and it was the best meal we had all week. The restaurant is very comfortable with a nice relaxed atmosphere and the staff are just great at their jobs. They were all very polite but so friendly and accommodating to any requests. We were asked if we had any questions about the many before ordering which is always a good sign of well trained staff. TThe food was excellent and a great wine list made the whole meal a great experience. MMy only regret is we left NYC the next day so could not go back but we definitely will next time. IIf you are look no for a relaxed or romantic place for a lovely evening meal then you can't do better than the tap room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at Colicchio and SonsFoodFanDined on 9/7/2014Lovely industrial style decor across from the Chelsea Market. Poached eggs Benedict with bacon and zucchini and brioche French toast were delicious. Would have liked some berries with the French toast. We were sharing and both plates were divided in the kitchen. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!Cpiper2Dined on 9/5/2014One of my favorite spots in NYC. The brisket for 2 is heavenly. Fun to sit a chef's counter. Very reasonable wine list. A definite must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal in NYCDaveSDined on 9/5/2014The Tap Room at Colicchio & Sons was the best dining experience of them all during my trip to NYC. The service was perfect and the food was great. The baked oysters were wonderful and the brisket for 2 was the stuff dreams are made of! The peach bread pudding with sweet corn ice cream - pure bliss. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.