1223 Lincoln Rd
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.coletterestaurant.com/Colette/colette_home.html
- Phone: 3055347888x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily hours: Monday - Sunday: 11.30 am - 12:00 am (midnight)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Colette Bistro
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Colette Bistro - Best Restaurants in Miami ›
Colette Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)romantic (9)fit for foodies (8)great for outdoor dining (7)special occasion (5)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)good for groups (2)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Miami Spice experienceOTREVIEWERVIPDined on 8/29/2014Have been to Colette Bistro. Decided to try their Miami Spice Menu which was posted on line. However, evening started out badly. When arrived, waiter informed us that they did not have a spice menu; that the restaurant never agreed to participate in Miami Spice promotion; but then told us that we could select limited items that they would honor under the "Spice Menu" (that they were apparently compelled to participate).Special Features:
- Tre bienSobedocDined on 8/4/2014First our server, Cecile was lovely. It was like being welcome into her home. She chatted away with my wife in French, making the meal even more fun. The food, OMG, DELISH. Over two meals we had the muscles, sea bass and the chicken....amazing. Their wines are reasonably priced. The restaurant is small, but so romantic. When in South Beach enjoy a piece of Paris. BTW, one of the more reasonably priced restaurants on the Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SobedocDined on 7/31/2014Such a beautiful place. The food simple but sensational. Great value. Our server was a joy chatting to my wife in French. Had a great time. The poulet cajun was sublime.Special Features:
- Great food excessive service chargeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014They have an excellent chef there, but service is nothing to write home about for a place where bottles of wine come to a minimum of $50 all included with most entrees are in the $20-30 range. Should be 4 stars, but then they add a service charge of 20% instead of the more customary 18%, then they go ahead and charge your credit card for the full 20% even if you reduce it to 18% on the signature slip, and no, the menu does not say "20% service charge added to all parties." Waitress said "excuse me" and left for a few minutes three times while we were trying to ask about the wines and the menu (hope you are familiar with French wines and cuisine), and one time was when she came by specifically to ask how the food was!Special Features:
- Delightful BistroDW42reviewsDined on 7/19/2014Truly a charming and deliscious find. Lovely service and friendly staff. The food as good as a bistro in ParisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/19/2014I had the mussel and steak au poivre which were both awesome! We will definitely be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemASSJDined on 7/19/2014Great food and service (friendly, unpretentious) AND it's steps away from our apartment, a great plus for us. Charming, comfortable and cozy interior. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious, nice wine list.LulabirdVIPDined on 7/5/2014We invited friends who are foodies, picky and wine aficionados. Dinner was delicious, attentive service , good wine at reasonable price . Needless to say, the foodies loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSouthbeachgemDined on 6/21/2014The owner & wait staff are most friendly, accommodating & the food is great. Highly recommend this....Special Features:
- FOOD AND servicelizelaVIPDined on 6/14/2014GREAT FIND, ON FRENCH DINING, VERY GOOD! GREAT DESSERT THE GRAND MANIER FROZEN MMMM!!!!Special Features:
- Best of France in Sunset HarborcallemasiseeemDined on 6/7/2014If you ever enjoyed the street cafes in France and wanted to a reminder of that here then look no further then Collette. Unpretentious yet lively setting, charming hosts and staff, delicious food with some creative touches (e.g. grand marnier infused parfet) in a trendy neighborhood and reasonably priced. Easiest recommendation for almost any occasion.Special Features:
- The following 17 reviews are from the Colette Bistro reviews archive.
- Delicious French CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/17/2014We have now dined twice at the gem of a restaurant. Each experience was no less than savory...the Poulet Cajun was superb...its sauce was not reminiscent of anything I grew up with (I'm a full-blooded Cajun from deep Louisiana!), but it was wonderful nonetheless! We also shared an order of the Gratin Dauphinois, a French rendition of scalloped potatoes, garlic and creme!!! Yum! On our second visit with shared an order of the mushroom risotto, which was wonderful. As an entree, we had the salmon.. absolutely fabulous. The creme brulee was first rate. Service was excellent, too! What makes La Colette even more special is that its prices are moderate.. Bravo to the excellent cooking and to this superb addition to South Beach dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST FRENCH BISTRO ON MIAMI BEACHkingbVIPDined on 5/15/2014Hooray! Moules frites have returned to Lincoln Road; they have been sorely missed. The excellent French chef at Colette has a perfect touch with all the bistro favorites, including a selection of steaks and the most delicious, silkiest quiche you've ever tasted. The service is warm and welcoming. This is a 5 star dining experience at affordable prices.Special Features:
- ExcellentSouthbeachgemDined on 5/12/2014We have been there twice in the past few weeks. Everything was just fine....delicious food, friendly service & handsome owner. Will definitely recommend this place to all our friends.Special Features:
- mikemike2707Dined on 5/10/2014good french cuisine but very busy to sit outside wine list should be renewed food war very good
- Was I in Paris?MoniqueiciVIPDined on 4/28/2014Collette was a pleasant experience for Miami - a typical French meal of high quality and lovely wines, albeit a bit high in price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerGourmet8Dined on 3/8/2014Small & cozy restaurant. Service is extraordinarily friendly & helpful. Wine selection limited. The onion soup was very good, the foie gras very good as well. The mussels in red sauce & the salmon are good. The sea bass was exceptionally good. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- A welcome addition to thekingbVIPDined on 3/4/2014A welcome addition to the Lincoln Road dining scene! The fare is delicious and authentic French bistro fare. The moules frites and steak frites are outstanding and the quiche is the best I've ever tastes. Clearly a talented chef is in the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feel As If You Are In FranceFoodie305VIPDined on 2/25/2014Colette is the Best new little french bistro in Miami. We love it so much! Food is delicious and service is amazing. It's a must go to restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice little french bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/15/2014We were a party of six and sat outside; all aspects of outr experience were terrific except for the valet parking at Altamar, which charged us $20.00 because we were going to Colettes.We would encourage Colettes to consider a valet arrangement for their location.Special Features:
- ColetteStephieDined on 2/14/2014It was my first time trying French cuisine and I loved it! I had the poulet Cajun which was a grilled chicken breasted encrusted in a Cajun sauce. It was absolutely delightful. The chicken was cooked to perfection. It was tender and juicy and the Cajun was spicy but not too spicy to the point that my tongue would burn. My boyfriend had the mussels in the white wine sauce and he loved it so much he started to just drink the remaining sauce on the bottom of the bowl. I would definetely recommend it to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden GemFoodie305VIPDined on 2/11/2014What a nice surprise to come across a true French Bistro in the heart of South Beach! We had such a wonderful experience, we cannot wait to go back! Let's start with an extremely friendly staff and not to mention an adorably charming owner Francis who makes you feel right at home. The food is prepared to order using the finest ingredients accompanied by a good selection of wine. The restaurant is immaculately clean and has great vibe. You feel as if you never want to leave. Colette is definitely going to be around for a long time! I was sure to make another reservation to go back this weekend!! Bon Appetit !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The béarnaise sauce wasn'tElena2Dined on 2/7/2014The béarnaise sauce wasn't great and the filet had a lot of fat. They suggested a "steak hache and frites " Which they charged like the tartare at $19
- Dined here often when it wasRussellVIPDined on 1/29/2014Dined here often when it was Provence, a sweet little French bistro. Still sweet, still little, but the food is mediocre bordering on bad. Don't order the mussels. Tiny, overcooked, half of them still closed (i. e., bad). Too much garlic, too much broth. Salad was okay, but poor quality oil in the dressing, especially for a French restaurant. Won't go back.
- Such a disappointmentSoFeSailorDined on 1/11/2014As a South Beach year round resident who dines out multiple times a week, I was searching for another French restaurant to add to the rotation. Colette Bistro was definitely a one-time visit - absolutely no need to return as it is far below the standard of other French establishments. The menu is predictable and completely lacks imagination. We received a lukewarm greeting - surprising in a three month old restaurant virtually empty at 9pm on a Saturday night. Across the evening my dining companion noted that the server clearly did not want to be there and could best be described as surly. The food was underwhelming - soggy frites, lukewarm mussels and a completely average tuna tartare. So many superior restaurant options in South Beach!
- Nothing SpecialPamelaVIPDined on 12/23/2013Cute little bistro on quiet side of Lincoln Rd. Limited menu selections are offered. The server was unable to clarify the entrees or make recommendations. Prices are reasonable for South Beach yet portion sizes are very limited with little accompaniments. Nothing special!Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood French BistroSteveVIPDined on 12/22/2013This is the former Provence Grill under new ownership. Very convenient for Lincoln Rd and neighborhood. The menu is very similar to Provence Grill. Owner and Chef both French. My salad frisee au Lardon was excellent as was my entree. Would give this new restaurant a trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice mealTravellerwfAmilyDined on 12/22/2013Menu has classic French bistro fare. Everything we had was delicious and the experience great. The collette pizza was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.