Cole's Chop House
1122 Main St.
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Cole's Chop House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.coleschophouse.com/
- Phone: 7072246328x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm – 9:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Greg Cole
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer mezzanine (up to 50 guests) and full restaurant (up to 100 guests) buyouts with food and beverage minimums. The minimum pricing is based on day of the week and time of the year. For pricing and more information, please send an email with your preferred date and number of guests. Contact: email@example.com
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 7072246328x
A word from Cole's Chop House
Cole's Chop House presents sophisticated steak house classics in an elegant setting matched by friendly, attentive service. Cole's features 21 day dry-aged steaks, Certified Angus Beef, signature cocktails, and a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Cole's Chop House - Best Restaurants in Napa ›
Cole's Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
240 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (158)notable wine list (139)fit for foodies (127)romantic (98)neighborhood gem (69)good for groups (65)hot spot (56)vibrant bar scene (45)great for outdoor dining (28)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (5)scenic view (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Great food/service, very loud.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Lobster bisque w popover crust top, not to be missed. Porterhouse for two was great. Service, perfect. So loud we had to wear earplugs and talk in hand signals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/14/2014Cole's Chop House is well worth the visit. My wife and I had the rack of lamb, which we shared and the hash browned potatoes with onions served family style and large enough for at least 4. Food was great and our waiter, Manny, was very attentive. We will be back.Special Features:
- Expensive But Worth ItOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2014We were visiting Napa on vacation, and Cole's was recommended by our hotel for a "great steak". We had a booth which was private and comfortable and the atmosphere is warm and peaceful. Service is excellent and attentive. Get the fillet. I ate and savored every bit of my steak - not even one little scrap left to take home to the dog. The sides (try the onion rings) are too large for one person and are made to be shared. I wish the sides were smaller size so everyone could order what they wanted. Make a reservation. Love Cole's Chop House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the experienceRoadrunnerDined on 10/12/2014This is my fourth time and never disappoints. Service is always outstanding and the food has enough seasonal charm to it that it brings new experiences. Like everything about this place …. except the noise, which can be at the high end at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014My family & i had a amazing experience, the owner was very friendly as well as our waiter. I can't say enough good things about this place we will be back again........My rib-eye was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food--Too Noisy to TalkJayaDined on 10/10/2014Meat-lovers eden....nice wine selection ....upper level was too close to sealing - could not carrying on a conversation....staff was very accommodating...Special Features:
- Delicious!Socialbugger1Dined on 10/5/2014We made reservations and were seated immediately when we arrived. We were promptly given water and bread. We ordered the wedge salad with bacon. It was delicious. I ordered the lamb and my husband ordered the filet. Both were cooked perfectly. The lamb was amazing. seasoned perfectly. No sauce needed. For dessert, we had bananas foster and the gelato with a brownie. Both were delicious. Our waiter wasn't the most personable guy in the world. He barely talked to us and seemed somewhat annoyed. Didn't even tell us goodbye when we left. He got a smaller tip than normal, but I wasn't willing to take a star away from the restaurant. However, the guy who filled our water was so nice. Our service was prompt. I'd go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great every timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014This is a "must go" place when you're in Napa. The steaks are fabulous and the hash browns are simply outstanding. We've been there on multiple occasions and have never been disappointed. Reservations are a must.Special Features:
- ignored milestone birthdaysillylilyDined on 10/3/2014I brought my son to celebrate his 18th birthday, which I made sure to mention to our waiter. Apparently, birthdays don't matter to Cole's Chop House. Other than joking that he can't drink wine yet, this milestone was totally ignored. Maybe it's just me, but when your kid's dinner costs $70, seems like that should rate a little cupcake or a piece of chocolate. Our food was tasty, but the upstairs dining ambience is nothing special at all and was actually uncomfortably warm. Another parting joke from our otherwise good waiter to the birthday boy: "See ya in 3 years!" Umm, no you won't.Special Features:
- Great steak but was a bit crampedNojvDined on 10/1/2014Only reason I gave it a 3 star for the ambience is cause we were stuck between 2 other couples so felt a bit cramped and very little privacy. But the food was amazing, 7oz special filet was perfectly done. Extensive wine list and service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/1/2014Cole's Chop house exceeded our expectations in every way, from the decor to the the food to the service. The kitchen is an open concept but is unobtrusive, adding activity and flair to the downstairs. The beautiful staircase to the quieter, more secluded upstairs is a reminder of the mid-century architecture of the building. The aromas of the flavorful cuisine were pleasant and allowed us to fully enjoy the chef's creations. Our party had wonderful cocktails from the large menu of beverages. The menu was also extensive, offering old standards of steak, fish, lamb and pork, as well as specials for the evening. We loved our meals and were able to bring home some leftovers to enjoy the next day. Definitely a place we recommended highlySpecial Features:
- Overall a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Chops was a fine experience. The wait staff was incredibly helpful and knowledgable. The owner, sommelier, and other workers were pleasant and easy to work with-so helpful. The ambience has everything a big time steakhouse requires. The wine list was quite impressive, but after a day full of wine tastings, I was ready for a break from wine and got an incredible whiskey list that outdid the amazing wine list! The only disappointing thing, and this is certainly a big deal, was that the steak was ho-hum. I ordered the biggest filet on the menu. It did not come out rare, as I had asked for, and even so, was just ok. It wasn't bad, but not worth the high price they charged. A person I dined with asked for medium-rare, and it was overdoneSpecial Features:
- Good mealWAtravelerDined on 9/26/2014Everything that we ordered was delicious. The service was prompt and friendly. Perfect place to celebrate our anniversary while in Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place to eat in NapacwtmktVIPDined on 9/26/2014Excellent food and service. If you want a great steak house with great service and bar this is it. The sidecar cocktail is made with Orange Cognac and is very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WeTriedItWeTriedItDined on 9/25/2014Our great server made our experience an enjoyable one! The steak and sides were very tasty!
- 25th Wedding AnniversaryGuyandDebbieDined on 9/23/2014My wife and I were in Napa for our 25th [we celebrated out 1st here as well]. We went to Cole's after numerous recommendations. Outstanding! Certainly "top 5" and perhaps "top 2" all time. Bar/bartender was great, requested nice table [got it] and service was excellent [Mike our server was great in all facets]. Food was outstanding [we split Bone-in Ribeye, cooked perfectly]. We had the home fries [to die for], grilled asparagus and slit a caesar salad. Wine selection was great and table service/team very attentive. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes!DiningBuffsDined on 9/22/2014We visit steakhouses on most of our travels. We've been to the top steakhouses in the country. This one did not disappoint! The steak was deliciously prepared and they have a wine list that included some harder to find labels. We'd go back . . . for sure!Special Features:
- Coles NapajtdiiDined on 9/21/2014Best dining experience in Napa for steak and great ambience ! Have never been disappointed at ColesSpecial Features:
- Great restaurantTamzDined on 9/21/2014We were trying to find a good restaurant in Napa, everything was booked and as I was reading the reviews of this restaurant I was wondering why nobody told me about it, so I decided to make a reservation and it was a wonderful and pleasant surprise because everything was outstanding;the food, the atmosphere, the service and the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PorterhouseKevinVIPDined on 9/20/2014The porterhouse is plenty Big enough for three to shareSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as always.Napa4foodiesVIPDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I dine at Cole's Chop House at least monthly. They have never failed to deliver great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We celebrated a wonderful evening with awesome food, drink and dessert. Also the best cappuchino since being in Italy! It was a bit more than we like to spend on dinner, but well worth it! The staff treated us to a great table for two and even acknowledged it was our anniversary. We would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed feelingsHungryWolfVIPDined on 9/20/2014This was our 2nd visit to Cole's. The music was very loud, to the point where I couldn't hear my wife across the table. When we complained, staff promptly turned off the music. We ordered wine by the glass; my Pinot tasted as if the bottle had been open several days, but the server promptly exchanged it for a different wine. My wife had the fillet which was excellent. I unfortunately ordered the special, seared scallops, which tasted like they were fried in old grease...that pretty much ruined the experience for me (hard to stomach given there are so many great restaurants in the area). I hesitate to not recommend Cole's. If you stick with the steaks, and wine by the bottle, it can be a great experience. Just not this time for me.
- serverBearDined on 9/19/2014I wish I could remember our server's name. What a great guy, made my honeys birthday very special. And the food omg the food was awesome!Special Features:
- Great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014The service staff at Cole's really take pride in their food and the establishment as a whole. You can tell by the genuine friendliness and their attentiveness to your personal enjoyment. They really want to make sure everything is tasting amazing and if you are a visitor to the Napa area, that dining at Cole's is a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great timePtownfoodieDined on 9/18/2014We were happy to find that Cole's was still open after the earthquake because when we have out of town visitors we always take them there because the food is always great, the wine list superb and the wait staff helpful and friendly. A great atmosphere for sharing with friends, even though it is a little drive it's worth it..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversarykulamelodyDined on 9/17/2014It was our 21st anniversary and we got a lovely corner table. The attention we got made us feel special. We went back a second time and had an even better service and dishes.Special Features:
- PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2014Too expensive for portions provided. Sides are large, big enough to share, but are a la carte. So prices are just for meats. Good food and service, but a tad pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveNapaValleyDined on 9/13/2014Excellent food and wait staff. Seating for two in long booth with several tables of two is not desireable, too close together and for the price of the food we should all have our own private dining table, not crammed together in that booth setting. I could take a bite off the plate from the table next to me, that is how close we were, did not enjoy that. Be sure to request a table or to be seated upstairs so you don't end up in the community booth.Special Features:
- Great,ForsueVIPDined on 9/12/2014Food was outstanding! I had the skirt steak special with chimmichuri and it was wonderful! Serive was very knowledgable and helpful.Special Features:
- One of Our Favorites!MomLovesFoodVIPDined on 9/11/2014We always make a point to have dinner here when in town. The food is always fantastic - great steaks, a wonderful assortment of side dishes as well as salads and desserts. The service is always good & we are always greeted warmly. They usually have a lively group at the bar & a great assortment of cocktails & wines. We enjoy bringing friends with us when we visit because we know it will always be delicious! I've even indulged in a chocolate martini for dessert & they are delightful! We will definitely be back when in the area.Special Features:
- VPtrinketsmanDined on 9/10/2014Meat eaters delight with outstanding sides. Corkage fee is silly though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Class ServiceCookieVIPDined on 9/9/2014The one thing I will comment and rave about was the service. I wish I could remember my servers name, but he really made the experience wonderful. A young guy, very goodlooking and completely professional but not stuffy! We ate the typical steakhouse foods...steak, potato etc...you cant go wrong here, everything is delish!!The host was very attentive and it was just a very nice experience.Special Features:
- Great steak house in NapanaparoseVIPDined on 9/7/2014We hadn't been here in too long a time. Cole's has a great menu, one of the best wine lists, and great cocktails. The dishes are beautifully presented. Everything is so delicious! We relaxed with a Napa Manhattan and a vodka cocktail. Both were really nicely prepared. We had the warm spinach salad and seafood bisque. Both were incredible. Out rib eye special was yummy as well. It was paired with a bottle of Saldo. We finished with a great creme brûlée. Our server was very attentive as well. Fantastic meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!SEATTLEFOODIEDined on 9/6/2014Food was great, service was outstanding, loved the vibe. They made a very special evening feel very special. Ordered the corn (to die for) for appetizer, the shrimp cocktail (shrimp is warm, nice touch), and the tomato and mozzarella salad. I had the Pork Chop and my wife had the Hanger Steak. Both cooked perfectly. Side of broccoli and the Banana Foster for dessert. Wine Sommelier was not very helpful and a bit snooty (sometimes goes with the territory), but everyone else could not have been more friendly or attentive. A must when you go to Napa!Special Features:
- Wonderful!KrisVIPDined on 9/6/2014Cole's may have suffered physically from the Napa earthquake but the food and service still sparkles. It's always a pleasure to come here because the food is exceptional, the service perfect and it feels like home. I can't recommend it enough. And this is a recommendation from someone who doesn't eat red meat; the other menu options including the appetizers, salads, and the sides are glorious including the never-to-be-forgotten lobster bisque!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StanfromMADined on 9/5/2014Bone-in Ribeye was excellent. I would recommend reservations during harvest season.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favoritelivetoeatDined on 9/5/2014Cole's Chop House is my favorite restaurant and it never disappoints. The food, the atmosphere and the service are all top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedLaylaVIPDined on 9/4/2014I booked this way on advance due to the good reviews and was really excited but this place was a big "OK". My steak had no flavor even with the peppercorn sauce, and my boyfriends steak came out rare even though he ordered medium. We would have let out server know if she would have come and checked on us at all... But the next time she came was after our table was cleared and to ask if we wanted to see the dessert menu. Which BTW... It was my birthday and was not acknowledged the same way it was for the gentleman at the next table who it was also his birthday and his waiter gave him dessert with a candle. So overall I think it was the experience that was dissapointing.Special Features:
- Great EveningRywaldVIPDined on 9/4/2014First time for my wife and I and it was amazing. Both had steaks which were melt in your mouth good.Special Features: