Cole's Chop House
1122 Main St.
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Cole's Chop House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.coleschophouse.com/
- Phone: 7072246328x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm – 9:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Greg Cole
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer mezzanine (up to 50 guests) and full restaurant (up to 100 guests) buyouts with food and beverage minimums. The minimum pricing is based on day of the week and time of the year. For pricing and more information, please send an email with your preferred date and number of guests. Contact: email@example.com
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 7072246328x
A word from Cole's Chop House
Cole's Chop House presents sophisticated steak house classics in an elegant setting matched by friendly, attentive service. Cole's features 21 day dry-aged steaks, Certified Angus Beef, signature cocktails, and a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Cole's Chop House - Best Restaurants in Napa ›
Cole's Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
240 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (167)notable wine list (144)fit for foodies (127)romantic (104)neighborhood gem (62)good for groups (60)hot spot (45)vibrant bar scene (40)great for outdoor dining (22)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (5)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (3)Show More
- Great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014The service staff at Cole's really take pride in their food and the establishment as a whole. You can tell by the genuine friendliness and their attentiveness to your personal enjoyment. They really want to make sure everything is tasting amazing and if you are a visitor to the Napa area, that dining at Cole's is a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2014We were happy to find that Cole's was still open after the earthquake because when we have out of town visitors we always take them there because the food is always great, the wine list superb and the wait staff helpful and friendly. A great atmosphere for sharing with friends, even though it is a little drive it's worth it..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2014Too expensive for portions provided. Sides are large, big enough to share, but are a la carte. So prices are just for meats. Good food and service, but a tad pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Excellent food and wait staff. Seating for two in long booth with several tables of two is not desireable, too close together and for the price of the food we should all have our own private dining table, not crammed together in that booth setting. I could take a bite off the plate from the table next to me, that is how close we were, did not enjoy that. Be sure to request a table or to be seated upstairs so you don't end up in the community booth.Special Features:
- Great,ForsueVIPDined on 9/12/2014Food was outstanding! I had the skirt steak special with chimmichuri and it was wonderful! Serive was very knowledgable and helpful.Special Features:
- One of Our Favorites!MomLovesFoodVIPDined on 9/11/2014We always make a point to have dinner here when in town. The food is always fantastic - great steaks, a wonderful assortment of side dishes as well as salads and desserts. The service is always good & we are always greeted warmly. They usually have a lively group at the bar & a great assortment of cocktails & wines. We enjoy bringing friends with us when we visit because we know it will always be delicious! I've even indulged in a chocolate martini for dessert & they are delightful! We will definitely be back when in the area.Special Features:
- VPtrinketsmanDined on 9/10/2014Meat eaters delight with outstanding sides. Corkage fee is silly though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Class ServiceCookieVIPDined on 9/9/2014The one thing I will comment and rave about was the service. I wish I could remember my servers name, but he really made the experience wonderful. A young guy, very goodlooking and completely professional but not stuffy! We ate the typical steakhouse foods...steak, potato etc...you cant go wrong here, everything is delish!!The host was very attentive and it was just a very nice experience.Special Features:
- Great steak house in NapanaparoseVIPDined on 9/7/2014We hadn't been here in too long a time. Cole's has a great menu, one of the best wine lists, and great cocktails. The dishes are beautifully presented. Everything is so delicious! We relaxed with a Napa Manhattan and a vodka cocktail. Both were really nicely prepared. We had the warm spinach salad and seafood bisque. Both were incredible. Out rib eye special was yummy as well. It was paired with a bottle of Saldo. We finished with a great creme brûlée. Our server was very attentive as well. Fantastic meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!SEATTLEFOODIEDined on 9/6/2014Food was great, service was outstanding, loved the vibe. They made a very special evening feel very special. Ordered the corn (to die for) for appetizer, the shrimp cocktail (shrimp is warm, nice touch), and the tomato and mozzarella salad. I had the Pork Chop and my wife had the Hanger Steak. Both cooked perfectly. Side of broccoli and the Banana Foster for dessert. Wine Sommelier was not very helpful and a bit snooty (sometimes goes with the territory), but everyone else could not have been more friendly or attentive. A must when you go to Napa!Special Features:
- Wonderful!KrisVIPDined on 9/6/2014Cole's may have suffered physically from the Napa earthquake but the food and service still sparkles. It's always a pleasure to come here because the food is exceptional, the service perfect and it feels like home. I can't recommend it enough. And this is a recommendation from someone who doesn't eat red meat; the other menu options including the appetizers, salads, and the sides are glorious including the never-to-be-forgotten lobster bisque!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StanfromMADined on 9/5/2014Bone-in Ribeye was excellent. I would recommend reservations during harvest season.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favoritelivetoeatDined on 9/5/2014Cole's Chop House is my favorite restaurant and it never disappoints. The food, the atmosphere and the service are all top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedLaylaDined on 9/4/2014I booked this way on advance due to the good reviews and was really excited but this place was a big "OK". My steak had no flavor even with the peppercorn sauce, and my boyfriends steak came out rare even though he ordered medium. We would have let out server know if she would have come and checked on us at all... But the next time she came was after our table was cleared and to ask if we wanted to see the dessert menu. Which BTW... It was my birthday and was not acknowledged the same way it was for the gentleman at the next table who it was also his birthday and his waiter gave him dessert with a candle. So overall I think it was the experience that was dissapointing.Special Features:
- Great EveningRywaldVIPDined on 9/4/2014First time for my wife and I and it was amazing. Both had steaks which were melt in your mouth good.Special Features:
- dinner at colesfoodDined on 9/2/2014Great job done from start to finish. we enjoyed the entire experienceSpecial Features:
- BEAUTY DESPITE EARTHQUAKE SETTINGlove2dineDined on 9/1/2014Our service was outstanding. Recommendations were given based on interactions that were brief but genuine and smart. We were never pressured by menu choices but the menu items we chose were absolutely delicious and the wine chosen paired so well. Thanks for a memorable evening!Special Features:
- The top steaks in the Napa ValleyNapaLocalDined on 8/31/2014A step above the group of many Ruth Chris type steak houses. A location with personalty, patio, great bar and drinks and top Chops and sides.Special Features:
- gerryVIPDined on 8/31/2014Best meat and sides in the Napa Valley. Always a satisfying experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and food- amazingBesteverDined on 8/30/2014The wait staff was thoughtful and timely. When you get up to go to bathroom they cover your food to keep warm. Food was best ever. Bone in ribeye was to die for. Filet and lobster was cooked perfectly and most flavorful. This is a place you should not miss out on when you are in the valley.Special Features:
- Amazing as Always!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014The staff is friendly and helpful. Love this place, a great place for local's and out of towners. Food was fantastic as always, love the sides. Even after having an earthqake a few days earlier, the service was remarkable, food amazing. Coles' is one of the best restaurants in the valley!Special Features:
- UnmatchednapatacDined on 8/28/2014Cole's offers classic chop house cuisine using the absolutely best ingredients and dishes are executed perfectly. The service is impeccable yet relaxed and friendly. Additionally, Cole's is an outstanding member of the community and supporter of my local causes.Special Features:
- Cole`s hop HouseoneeatingmachineDined on 8/27/2014As always everything was excellent the serve staff was great the food was out of this world by far the best steaks in the Napa valleySpecial Features:
- EarthquakeDinersDined on 8/24/2014Coles was closed due to disaster.We flew down to the bay area for 2 reasons. 49ers football game and dinner at Coles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Anniversary DinnerTigerlilyDined on 8/22/2014We had our 25th anniversary dinner at Coles Chop House. The food was fabulous am Nod service outstanding. The extensive wine list capped the evening off. Lots of couples and groups enjoying the evening. We used the complementary valet parking - a nice touch for this busy area. All in all a first class experience.Special Features:
- Meat Lovers Place to GoOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/22/2014If you love meat and good service this is the place to go. Hoping the earthquake doesn't impact them to badly. This is an excellent place to eat. Table was ready on arrival. Great wine list and if you are so inclined, it's a 25 corkage to bring your own which is waived if you also buy one of there's. Started with salads. Partner had a steak which was cooked perfectly. I opted for the pork chop which was outstanding from both a flavor and cook perspective. Service was very attentive. Great place for just a dinner or a birthday celebration like us this time.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Best steak I've ever had at a restaurant. Service was outstanding. Sides were fresh and made to share. We will return.Special Features:
- Best we had in Napa.ALH2053VIPDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I both had the Fillet which was very tender and cooked perfectly. For a side we had the Au Gratin potatoe, also a great choice. My Caesar salad was a great portion size and the dressing was just right. If you are in the mood I highly recommend the pecan pie. You'll be glad you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate at Cole'sfinefoodDined on 8/19/2014Get everything your looking for at Cole's. We requested an upstairs table, thinking it might be quieter and more romantic. We were wrong. There was a contractors convention going on and the place was full of loud men. We started with cocktails, appetizers, and moved on to dinner and dessert. The service and food were fantastic. High quality. I highly recommend Cole's for a great dining experience. Pricey but well worth it.Special Features:
- Almost perfectFoodie2Dined on 8/18/2014In spite of a reservation, we still had to wait 25 minutes for a table. Also, once seated we waited almost 20 minutes before anyone came to the table for service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too late for reservationssylviaDined on 8/18/2014We ate at the bar. Everything was fine and service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food not so great servicevacation42Dined on 8/18/2014Food was excellent! Service was slow and not very attentative. Took too long to take our drink and food order and then drinks stayed empty a while before checking if we wanted a refill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakRexisSweetpeaDined on 8/16/2014Coles has some great steaks! However, the sides need some help. The cream spinach is light and runny, the mushrooms have an ok taste. The shrimp was excellent. Mixed drinks were great!Special Features:
- Good foodUpvalleydinerDined on 8/16/2014The food here is very good. I was disappointed to see that instead of eliminating corkage, they have raised the price. Most fine restaurants in the Napa Valley don't charge corkage at least for those in the wine industry. Food prices are high enough to support a 'complimentary corkage' policy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/15/2014I love this place every time I am Napa we have Dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and serviceptryanDined on 8/14/2014The food was excellent and lived up to the expectations set by our B&B owner. The service was also exemplary.. The pecan pie was the best all of us had ever eaten! One of us is from Arkansas and one had lived in the South for years...home of pecan pie, so we know what we are talking about. We know we would return if we visited Napa in the future and we will definitely recommend it to our friends heading this way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home RunSeriousEaterDined on 8/13/2014This is the real deal. Every morsel was exceptional. perfect for an Anniversary Dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Absolutely incredible meal. Service was great and the sommolier was too! Can't imagine having a bad meal here. Pricey but worth it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014We had a great experience! The food and service were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great visit with large grouphoustonresidentVIPDined on 8/10/2014We brought a group eight friends with us to Cole's, and couldn't have been more pleased with the quality of the food and the service provided to us.Special Features: