Cole's Chop House
1122 Main St.
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Cole's Chop House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.coleschophouse.com/
- Phone: 7072246328x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm – 9:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Greg Cole
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer mezzanine (up to 50 guests) and full restaurant (up to 100 guests) buyouts with food and beverage minimums. The minimum pricing is based on day of the week and time of the year. For pricing and more information, please send an email with your preferred date and number of guests. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 7072246328x
A word from Cole's Chop House
Cole's Chop House presents sophisticated steak house classics in an elegant setting matched by friendly, attentive service. Cole's features 21 day dry-aged steaks, Certified Angus Beef, signature cocktails, and a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Cole's Chop House - Best Restaurants in Napa ›
Cole's Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
225 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (160)notable wine list (135)fit for foodies (106)romantic (99)neighborhood gem (59)good for groups (52)hot spot (40)vibrant bar scene (35)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (12)great for outdoor dining (11)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (5)scenic view (5)Show More
- Cole`s hop HouseoneeatingmachineDined on 8/27/2014As always everything was excellent the serve staff was great the food was out of this world by far the best steaks in the Napa valleySpecial Features:
- EarthquakeDinersDined on 8/24/2014Coles was closed due to disaster.We flew down to the bay area for 2 reasons. 49ers football game and dinner at Coles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Anniversary DinnerTigerlilyDined on 8/22/2014We had our 25th anniversary dinner at Coles Chop House. The food was fabulous am Nod service outstanding. The extensive wine list capped the evening off. Lots of couples and groups enjoying the evening. We used the complementary valet parking - a nice touch for this busy area. All in all a first class experience.Special Features:
- Meat Lovers Place to GoOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/22/2014If you love meat and good service this is the place to go. Hoping the earthquake doesn't impact them to badly. This is an excellent place to eat. Table was ready on arrival. Great wine list and if you are so inclined, it's a 25 corkage to bring your own which is waived if you also buy one of there's. Started with salads. Partner had a steak which was cooked perfectly. I opted for the pork chop which was outstanding from both a flavor and cook perspective. Service was very attentive. Great place for just a dinner or a birthday celebration like us this time.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Best steak I've ever had at a restaurant. Service was outstanding. Sides were fresh and made to share. We will return.Special Features:
- Best we had in Napa.ALH2053VIPDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I both had the Fillet which was very tender and cooked perfectly. For a side we had the Au Gratin potatoe, also a great choice. My Caesar salad was a great portion size and the dressing was just right. If you are in the mood I highly recommend the pecan pie. You'll be glad you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate at Cole'sfinefoodDined on 8/19/2014Get everything your looking for at Cole's. We requested an upstairs table, thinking it might be quieter and more romantic. We were wrong. There was a contractors convention going on and the place was full of loud men. We started with cocktails, appetizers, and moved on to dinner and dessert. The service and food were fantastic. High quality. I highly recommend Cole's for a great dining experience. Pricey but well worth it.Special Features:
- Almost perfectFoodie2Dined on 8/18/2014In spite of a reservation, we still had to wait 25 minutes for a table. Also, once seated we waited almost 20 minutes before anyone came to the table for service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too late for reservationssylviaDined on 8/18/2014We ate at the bar. Everything was fine and service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food not so great servicevacation42Dined on 8/18/2014Food was excellent! Service was slow and not very attentative. Took too long to take our drink and food order and then drinks stayed empty a while before checking if we wanted a refill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakRexisSweetpeaDined on 8/16/2014Coles has some great steaks! However, the sides need some help. The cream spinach is light and runny, the mushrooms have an ok taste. The shrimp was excellent. Mixed drinks were great!Special Features:
- Good foodUpvalleydinerDined on 8/16/2014The food here is very good. I was disappointed to see that instead of eliminating corkage, they have raised the price. Most fine restaurants in the Napa Valley don't charge corkage at least for those in the wine industry. Food prices are high enough to support a 'complimentary corkage' policy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/15/2014I love this place every time I am Napa we have Dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and serviceptryanDined on 8/14/2014The food was excellent and lived up to the expectations set by our B&B owner. The service was also exemplary.. The pecan pie was the best all of us had ever eaten! One of us is from Arkansas and one had lived in the South for years...home of pecan pie, so we know what we are talking about. We know we would return if we visited Napa in the future and we will definitely recommend it to our friends heading this way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home RunSeriousEaterDined on 8/13/2014This is the real deal. Every morsel was exceptional. perfect for an Anniversary Dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Absolutely incredible meal. Service was great and the sommolier was too! Can't imagine having a bad meal here. Pricey but worth it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014We had a great experience! The food and service were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You are there for the meatmiguelVIPDined on 8/10/2014Top notch, flavorful steaks. Hash browns are crispy outside, wonderfully tender inside. Reasonable corkage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceFahionFoPawsDined on 8/10/2014This was our second trip to Cole's Chop House. We brought another couple along with us to celebrate a last minute occasion and the food and service were just as great as our first visit. We booked through open table the same day, and were greeted and shown to our reserved seats right away. The waite staff was promp and courteous. The sommelier was helpful with the extensive wine list, and more thatn happy to accomodate the bottle we brought with us. I love the open kitchen that is center of the dinning area. Great veiw of the prep and cooking of the delicious steaks, lamb and other entres. We have been very pleased with the food and service on both visits and would highly recommend this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceHard2PleaseDined on 8/9/2014Had a wonderful dinner at Cole's after a day of wine tasting. We had reservations and they seated us promptly. The food was awesome, prepared perfectly with just the right amount of timing between salad and entrée. The best part of this restaurant was the service, it was simply outstanding. Everyone made sure you had what you needed and they did it almost without us noticing. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Came here on a recommendation and had a great dinner. Husband had the rack of lamb which was cooked perfect and I had the petite filet, also cooked perfect. They both tasted amazing. Had a side of scalloped potatoes with gryure cheese - super good. Did not have dessert as we were both to full.Special Features:
- Amazing foodLuvsteakDined on 8/9/2014The welcoming as soon as walked in. The great service is over the top, but when the food come in.... Omg.. Amazing. The steak, perfectly done. The choice of sides... Not a lot of choices, but what they have is amazing. We ordered the hash brown with onion and mushrooms great combination for the steak. Great experience. Must try banana foster dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ColesneverseenDined on 8/8/2014The salads, Including a Caesar, perfectly prepared.The Filet Mignon , perfectly cooked with a green peppercorn sauce on the side, accompanied by a superb corn based vegetable medley and an absolutely delicious yukon potato au gratin. Fabulous service from a confident, assured Napa,born and bred waiter who managed the food and wine proceedings with great aplomb. Delightful simple excellent ingredients perfectly executed and served, all with a bottle of wine; you cannot do better than that !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love Cole's Chop HouseGSWolfDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary here and I must say that we had a blast and the food was just Amazing. Porterhouse was perfectly prepared and our server was truly great! Very friendly and his timing throughout the dinner was perfect. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodTookieDined on 8/8/2014We come here at least once a year for my son's birthday, cause it's his favorite restaurant. A bit pricey, but the food is great. My favorites (other than the steak, which melts in your mouth) are the Oysters Rockefeller and the Bananas Foster - yum! Our order for the Oysters Rockefeller somehow didn't get in, so we had to remind them - but then they comped them, so that was great! We even added a person to our group halfway thru the meal, and they handled it beautifully. Only issue is you may need to make a res well in advance for a specific time, as I made mine 2 weeks in advance and still couldn't get the exact time I wanted. But otherwise - awesome place. Thanks, Coles!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RebeccaDined on 8/7/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Cole's! The food is great. Our waiter helped us pick a fabulous bottle of cab. Service was great and our waiter was very fun and personable without being too much in our space. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/7/2014From the moment we walked in the door and were warmly greeted by Eric, to every aspect of the dining experience, this is an outstanding restaurant that does not miss a beat. Mike is an extremely professional waiter, the pace of the meal and the food itself was absolutely wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakKackDined on 8/7/2014Always a favorite spot for a delicious steak meal. Filets were cooked perfectly & great side dishes. Service is also spectacularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner. At colesfoodDined on 8/5/2014The steaks were well prepared and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaiterKriserDined on 8/4/2014Our waiter had work there eight days and was wonderful, gave us great service. Was my mothers 90 Birthday and everything was great!Special Features:
- The best steak in Northern CAFezzleDined on 8/4/2014Cole's already has a reputation for being an exceptional restaurant if you want a great steak and we were delighted and filled. Grass fed angus and a rack of lamb paired with an exceptional wine at our server's recommendation. Manny waited on us and the service with humor and attentiveness could not have been improved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak HousetraveltouristVIPDined on 8/3/2014Fantastic find. Went to dinner on the recommendation of 3 wineries and really enjoyed our meal. Great steaks and interesting menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable place to dineBunnyDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I brought 6 friends to Cole's from Texas and they all loved it! Being that they are all beef eaters that is saying something. I was happy because I am a celiac and the waiter was able to help me with my special diet. The kitchen staff has been instructed how to prepare gluten free meals. They had many different items to chose from. Also a very extensive wine list and the waiter was very knowable with it as well. One of my favorites to dine at in Napa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!SusieDined on 8/2/2014It was the perfect place for our anniversary celebration! Service was great, food amazing, lived up to our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner at Coles Chop HousedinnerDined on 8/2/2014We celebrated a birthday dinner with excellent food and wine. The service from Brian was excellent!Special Features:
- Second VisitMuzTang50Dined on 8/1/2014Our return to this outstanding restaurant exceeded our memories of three years ago when we experienced one of the very best dining experiences ever! We made a reservation based solely on its proximity to the Opera House. Our table was ready, and friendly - professional attention began immediately - and continued through dessert. At first, ala carte dining did not appeal to us, but everything is so very good, and prepared with such care that it was well worth the extra expense. I can say without hesitation that if we lived in the area, Cole's Chophouse would see a much bigger chunk of our dining out budget. We will look forward to making the 100 mile drive in the near future.Special Features:
- Great Steakhouse in NapaJayZeeVIPDined on 7/30/2014Wow! Now that is what fine dining is all about. Nice atmosphere. Fantastic service. Wonderful food. Excellent wine. So much like any chophouse, the menu is a la carte. There were 6 in our group. I ordered the seasonal salad to start. My main course was the "steak frites" which here was a 7 oz Wagyu beef hangar steak charred on the outside, medium rare as ordered in the inside, with a chimichurri sauce and shoestring fries. It was absolutely fabulous for this carnivore! The sides are served "family style", so the table ordered grilled asparagus with Hollandaise sauce, roasted wild mushrooms, and sweet corn. Yum! All were great. Others also raved about their meals. They have a wonderful steakhouse wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best for steak!Micheleb0706VIPDined on 7/30/2014I have been to many top steak houses all over the country. Coles is my favorite, and it's local for me! A great place to celebrate a special occasion. It compares to Emeril's "Delmonicos" in Las Vegas with its quality steaks and chops. The side dishes served family style, the amazing wine list and the help of staff including a sommelier, make this the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodReseDined on 7/27/2014Great lamb chops and their seasonal side was roasted corn kernels with blue cheese butter and garlic. Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue rare to medium and back againOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2014Server made some great recommendations for wines. 2 of our 3 steaks (black&blue, med-rare) were perfect. Another one which was ordered blue rare, came out medium. The server immediately rectified the situation with a new properly fired blue rare and some redone side, which was appreciated. Overall quality of the meal was very good.Special Features: