Cole's Chop House
1122 Main St.
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Cole's Chop House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.coleschophouse.com/
- Phone: (707) 224-6328
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm – 9:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Greg Cole
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer mezzanine (up to 50 guests) and full restaurant (up to 100 guests) buyouts with food and beverage minimums. The minimum pricing is based on day of the week and time of the year. For pricing and more information, please send an email with your preferred date and number of guests. Contact: email@example.com
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 7072246328x
A word from Cole's Chop House
Cole's Chop House presents sophisticated steak house classics in an elegant setting matched by friendly, attentive service. Cole's features 21 day dry-aged steaks, Certified Angus Beef, signature cocktails, and a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Cole's Chop House - Best Restaurants in Napa ›
Cole's Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
238 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (162)notable wine list (137)fit for foodies (134)romantic (99)neighborhood gem (70)good for groups (66)hot spot (55)vibrant bar scene (45)great for outdoor dining (26)late-night find (13)scenic view (5)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Always a great experienceTheFoodRatVIPDined on 11/24/2014We stop by every time we are in Napa. The staff and food never disappoint. The ribeye is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 11/23/2014Incredible food and the atmosphere is just right. Our server Greg was exceptional. You can never go wrong with Coles!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic again!Runner10VIPDined on 11/21/2014We have not eaten at Coles in many years, but it is still fantastic. The portions are very large, so my husband and I shared everything, which was just perfect. The steak was fantastic and the mushrooms are so tasty that I could have eaten the entire bowl. The only downside was that their cream brulee did not have any fruit garnish, which would have made it even better. Do not miss this fantastic restaurant in downtown Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- That was the best restaurant I had in my trip!FoodiefootieDined on 11/18/2014Food was awesome! Ambiance was great for proper dining. I had the steak and lamb chops... There were delicious. The shrimp cocktail was notably good too! I started to miss them now...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a steak!MzmeVIPDined on 11/14/2014Finally had dinner here and wish we had long time ago. Service was excellent, portions were just right and the steak oh let me tell you about my steak! I had the 7oz. filet mignon and the thing melted in my mouth like butter. It was the most tender, flavorful, wonderful steak I have ever ate. My husband had their "world fammous" aged rib-eye "black and blue" and raved about it not just that night but all weekend.... wine list was fantastic and they offer whiskey flghts- something I have never seen before. We sat at nice table upstairs with view of the restaurant and that looked down on the area where the food was being prepared. all in all a great dining experience- we will go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SweetpammyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/14/2014Outstanding service, food and dining experience, We enjoyed the steak and lobster entree. The pear martini was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steakhouse in NapaShermanVIPDined on 11/11/2014My wife and I along with a longtime good couple friends travel to Napa, and We were in the mood for protein, so we had decided Cole's Chop House. The Steak for 2 is good portion and cooked just right and the Berkshire pork is a must, flavor and it tenderness melt in your mouth. Crab meat was very tasty and fresh. If you are around in Napa do pay a visit for dinner. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningKCantacessiDined on 11/9/2014This is our 4th visit to Cole's Chop House and again it was an excellent experience. Every entrée was beautifully presented and prepared to perfection. The service was attentive and our waiter Andrew gave us great suggestions. We will definitely be back next year for our annual trip to the Napa Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksglfgryhwkDined on 11/9/2014We had great service from the manager, waiter, sommelier, and server. Everyone was extremely friendly and wanted to make sure we had a great experience yet they were not overly bothersome. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected bettergooseganderVIPDined on 11/8/2014Cole's Chop House was highly rated on many sites and was the one steak joint we decided to visit while in the San Francisco area. Unfortunately, the results were mixed. We needed to move back our reservation due to a last-minute conflict and were able to arrive about 1 hour prior to our new reservation time. Unfortunately, they got us to our table even after the new rez time. We certainly can't dock them for that, but we also can't give them any bonus points for great service. The front staff seemed to be annoyed when we told them that we had traveled in from the city and anything they could do would be appreciated. I suppose they hear that all the time, but a golden opportunity squandered by CCH. The service otherwise was excellent. The brie and bisque appetizers were wonderful. The wine list was impressive. My wife's and son's steaks were flavorful and cooked expertly. Unfortunately, my steak was close to a disaster. I ordered the special that evening, the bone-in filet, cooked medium. The side away from the bone was a dry well-done, reminiscent of my mother's (bless her soul) tough, chewy liver I suffered through as a child, almost inedible. The center section varied from medium to medium rare, which was to my liking. The section near the bone was medium rare to rare. I did not mention anything to the restaurant staff since my wife and son were greatly enjoying their steaks and my bone-in filet was the last one remaining that evening. Now I understand that it is difficult to cook a bone-in filet to a consistent temperature. However, it's not impossible. CCH should know this or perhaps they need to send their chefs to the Midwest to learn those techniques. A restaurant with the reputation of CCH simply can't afford to ruin such a great cut of meat, particularly when it's a pricey evening special. At this time, I can't recommend CCH to others. I'd love to go back and give them another shot, but that depends on how they react to our experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful!Honeymooners11114Dined on 11/6/2014My husband and I visited during our honeymoon to Napa. The food was amazing, owner visited our table a couple times, and our waiter was incredibly attentive on such a busy evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I enjoyed this Restarant!PrittycatDined on 11/6/2014We love this Restarant.The New York stake was the best I ever have!The customer service was excellent! When I come back to Napa, I will come back to Cole's Chop House again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinner at Cole'samywVIPDined on 11/1/2014Celebrated our 24th anniversary on 11/2. As always great service, great food and great wine. We'll be back next year!Special Features:
- Amazing15yearluvDined on 11/1/2014Coles was the perfect place for us to celebrate our anniversary, the service was remarkable, they were very attentive and helped in picking the best wine, and food choices. We loved eating here. The food was delicious. We will be returning for a second visit. They made this a truly special evening for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor customer service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2014Do not try to split the bill. It took over 45 minutes to split the bill for a table of 8. An then I received poor customer service from the manager who blamed technology.
- Excellent food and serviceJenniferDined on 10/28/2014Service was impeccable as was the food. We shared our meal and still had some left. Wine choices were very good but very expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DandollyDandollyDined on 10/27/2014Great food friendly staff romantic recommend /gggggggghhhghhSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favRebekah1952Dined on 10/27/2014I do not eat red meat BUT the fish, starters, sides and Bananas Foster worth a monthly (at least) visit for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealmomgonegourmandeDined on 10/26/2014Food was excellent, (the Oysters Rockefeller were probably the best we've ever had anywhere), even the cocktails and dessert were delicious. Expect to pay a decent amount for dinner, but it is perfect for meeting friends or business associates or even for a special romantic occasion. We are pretty fussy about our steaks but I have to say we had no complaints whatsoever. We made this our "nice" dinner out during a long weekend in Napa and will definitely do it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liked but not lovedNickiDined on 10/26/2014Wasnt that thrilled with this restaurant but I am not a meat eater. I Did have wonderful scallops and a delicious salad and flourless chocolate cake. They have a wonderful wine list. My only major complaint was I expected to have some poultry on the menu and there was none. That is a major faux pas for this area. The waiter was a little to friendly and seemed bored which bothered me. Napa depends on tourists and this restaurant needs to up the customer service I know many people like it and it is a steakhouse so my recommendation would be to include a poultry entree for people who don't like red meatSpecial Features:
- you need to know how to cook steak in streak houseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2014We were all looking forward to a nice steak dinner, but all of the temperatures were wrong on the entrees. This should not be.
- Birthday at Cole'sHugoDined on 10/25/2014Every thing you would expect from a great steak house and more! Staff is very attentive and the food was excellent. I normally visit 8 to 9 times per year and have never had a bad experience. Reservations a must. Thanks to Eric, Jim, Dave, Armando and the whole staff for another wonderful eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Napa's BestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014Superb steak house in downtown Napa. Wine and liquor menus are amazing. Best steak that I have had in years! A bit pricey, but you get what you pay for. I plan to return to Cole's soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly staff and great foodSushiLoverVIPDined on 10/25/2014My husband and I shared a filet and lobster tail. It was delicious. Had a great time interacting with wait staff since it was a World Series game night and I was dressed in a SF Giants shirt and watching the game on my phone. These are the kind of people I could hang with after hours. Food was perfect and timed well. The wedge salad was one of the best we've had in a while. A must visit restaurant.Special Features:
- Steak with classSusieQDined on 10/23/2014Dined here with my wife on an October Thursday evening. With advanced reservations, we were able to book a table upstairs, which was more quiet, with a view of the lower level dining room. The food and service were both very good, as was the wine. The bar scene was a bit hectic, as we waited for our table. Cole's compares favorably to other Steak Houses in larger cities, and was priced similarly.Special Features:
- outstanding diningcheftomasDined on 10/22/2014One of the best dining experiences of my life. Celebrated my 70th birthday and they made it a truly memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MurphydinerMurphyDinerDined on 10/22/2014Food great as expected but very loud the evening we were there for that reason we would probably pick another placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeaganobDined on 10/18/2014Had a great time for my birthday dinner with friends. Everyone loved their meal and repeatedly asked me how I found this restaurant. Big hit! Thanks opentable and thank you Coles ChophouseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AngeliqueVIPDined on 10/18/2014I went to Napa for my 40th birthday. This restaurant is absolutely amazing! From the staff to the food and of course the fabulous selection of wine! I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaliforniareviewVIPDined on 10/18/2014The food is reliably wonderful and the service polished and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss your chance...dinerDined on 10/18/2014Excellent food delivered with that customer-first attitude. An early dinner, no pushback nor problem to split the order between two. What an experience!!! Simply awesome experience from cocktail through dessert. And don't forget the dessert...Special Features:
- Great Service Large portions.jledfordDined on 10/18/2014Even with the repair work underway from the earthquake, the staff made the experience so good there is no surprise why the place was packed. When we check in they called us by name and said they had our table ready. The food was perfect! The portions were large. The service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBobnrobDined on 10/17/2014Great place, Great Food and Great Service!!! In the the area I would certainly go back!!!Special Features:
- Great food/service, very loud.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Lobster bisque w popover crust top, not to be missed. Porterhouse for two was great. Service, perfect. So loud we had to wear earplugs and talk in hand signals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscaleluv2dineoutDined on 10/17/2014This restaurant was very upscale - only waiters, no waitresses. Food was exceptional. Wine list was a bit pricey - no mid-priced wines, mostly just high end expensive wines - which, in Napa you would think there would have been more available by the glass at a $10-$14 price. This is the kind of restaurant that refills your water glass every time you take a sip and folds your napkin while you are in the ladies room. I thought their food was exceptional and the experience was memorable. I really liked the atmosphere and would recommend the restaurant for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great service and meal.BillandLisaDined on 10/14/2014Cole's Chop House is well worth the visit. My wife and I had the rack of lamb, which we shared and the hash browned potatoes with onions served family style and large enough for at least 4. Food was great and our waiter, Manny, was very attentive. We will be back.Special Features:
- Expensive But Worth ItBFWfromPADined on 10/14/2014We were visiting Napa on vacation, and Cole's was recommended by our hotel for a "great steak". We had a booth which was private and comfortable and the atmosphere is warm and peaceful. Service is excellent and attentive. Get the fillet. I ate and savored every bit of my steak - not even one little scrap left to take home to the dog. The sides (try the onion rings) are too large for one person and are made to be shared. I wish the sides were smaller size so everyone could order what they wanted. Make a reservation. Love Cole's Chop House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the experienceRoadrunnerDined on 10/12/2014This is my fourth time and never disappoints. Service is always outstanding and the food has enough seasonal charm to it that it brings new experiences. Like everything about this place …. except the noise, which can be at the high end at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014My family & i had a amazing experience, the owner was very friendly as well as our waiter. I can't say enough good things about this place we will be back again........My rib-eye was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food--Too Noisy to TalkJayaDined on 10/10/2014Meat-lovers eden....nice wine selection ....upper level was too close to sealing - could not carrying on a conversation....staff was very accommodating...Special Features: