Coldwater Cafe & Catering
19 E Main Street
Tipp City, OH 45371Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Coldwater Cafe & Catering
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.coldwater-cafe.com/
- Phone: (937) 667-0007
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch (Walk-In Only): Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner (Reservations Recommended): Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Nick Hoover
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Coldwater Cafe & Catering is able to do events from 12-250. Coldwater can do anything from custom catering menus, standard catering menu or box lunches. We can design a menu for your special occasion or you can choose from our standard catering or box lunch menus.
- Private Party Facilities: We have two rooms available for private dining, each with its own style and personality. We will work with you to create a personalized dining experience perfect for your event.
- Private Party Contact: Jenny Swigart 9376670007x
- Entertainment: Jazz music consisting of guitar, keyboard and/or bass, mostly on weekends starting at 7:00 PM
- Special Events: Every Valentine’s Day we create a specialized menu for the evening. Chef Nick puts together a divine combination of entrees, sides, salads and desserts that are not offered together during the remainder of the year. Founder, Betty Peachey, creates an ambiance not to be missed with the dining room bathed only in candlelight. Reservations are recommended.
A word from Coldwater Cafe & Catering
This restaurant housed in a former bank building in the heart of downtown Tipp City offers quality dining in a small-town setting. The decor is warm and welcoming and is a delight for the senses. The fireplace creates a cozy atmosphere while the full bar allows patrons a relaxing stop while awaiting a fabulous meal. The inviting atmosphere encourages relaxed conversation. You may be surprised to find that a restaurant in such a small town has some rather sophisticated choices on the menu alongside your more normal fare, with entrees such as ostrich being offered. If you are looking for a decadent dessert, look no further than the butter-drenched English Tea Cake! An easy drive from all points in the Dayton area, words cannot do it justice. A visit is a must and will be the first of many.Continued
Reservations accepted for dinner only.
Reservations accepted for dinner only.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Coldwater Cafe & Catering - Best Restaurants in Tipp City ›
Coldwater Cafe & Catering reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)neighborhood gem (44)romantic (40)fit for foodies (38)notable wine list (33)good for groups (32)great for lunch (26)hot spot (11)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Coldwater Cafe'...Top-Notch.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014My wife and I just moved into the area and were looking to celebrate our anniversary. I found that many reviews of Dayton area restaurants led me to Tipp City in this little café for good reason. The service was excellent. Food was wonderful and the manager saw fit to make it known that he wanted us to come back...the service that was provided exemplified that point. We will be coming back not only for that service, but for the decadent food...kudos to Chef Nick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2014I always take business guests to Coldwater for dinner. Whether they want organic, vegetarian, steak or a delicious burger, I know that they will be able to order comfortably at Coldwater. It is one of my favorite restaurants anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Love this place. This is the only place East of Seattle where you can get a great salmon dinner. We always come here on our special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant with some unique entrees.bgrvdubDined on 11/18/2014The lobster crabcakes are to die for! Good selection of import beers though they are bottled. Kelly was our server and was excellent. The entire wait staff there is top notch. If you want a little quieter experience, ask to sit in the vault. Or for a larger private party, the boardroom is a good seating option. Coldwater Cafe is a hidden gem that not many people know about. It's definitely worth the drive to Tipp City to enjoy but call ahead for reservations or use OpenTable.com, you will be glad that you did. A nice martini bar is easily accessible, though often crowded (seats about 8 people), while you wait for a table. Enjoy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experience!!MarydanDined on 11/15/2014We arrived a few minutes before our reservation time, had a drink then was seated at a table set for the 6 of us. From the beginning to the last bite of the delicious carrot cake dessert, we were guided through a wonderful evening of being with friends and an excellent array of delectable food choices. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the various entrees they were served. Our server was just the best, handling our every whim with extraordinary precision. We had two of the group who were celebrating birthdays and they were treated to a free dessert each. It was the perfect evening out!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!AlwaysHonestDined on 11/8/2014Food is always fresh and executed perfectly! Desserts are amazing and service is spot on. The prices may be higher than most in our area but you get what you pay for. Worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Always amazing food and experience. Our favorite place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnersweetieandmeDined on 11/8/2014Service, food and atmosphere was wonderful. great place for a romantic dinner with a new dateSpecial Features:
- Anniversarymrsbutt1987Dined on 11/7/2014Returning to my hometown where we married 27 years ago, we enjoyed some well prepared fish and a soothing and romantic environment. We've seen this restaurant evolve over the years and it has maintained a core of professionalism and good, good food. Our only complaint would be a minor lack of imagination with the limited greens in the salad, however the entree more than made up for it. The setting is polished and well maintained. This is a real treat for us as we travel 90 miles for the pleasure of dining at The Coldwater Cafe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time a bustOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/4/2014Our first experience was great. Second experience for a birthday celebration was so bad we will not eat at Coldwater Cafe again. Food was fine. Have never felt so unwanted in restaurant from bartender to server to management. Ignored by bartender after ordering one drink. Would have had another but was too busy talking and taking care of 4 others at bar. Server made it quite obvious in talk, manner and service she did not care to wait on us. Management very unfriendly. After voicing to others found this is typical of this restaurant. Posted concerns on Facebook and post deleted within one minute.
- Great experience!happy2bethereDined on 11/1/2014We have been there several times with consistently excellent experiences. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone. Excellent value with no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous evening!VioletDined on 10/25/2014Our waitperson recommended a great and unusual wine; out of the ordinary. The food was fabulous; service was exquisite. Great way to spend my birthday with friends. I had been for lunch a few times and none of the other 5 in our party had ever been. Everyone loved it to a person! Thanks, Coldwater Cafe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinner in Tipp CityoutdoorgirlsDined on 10/25/2014Wonderful dinner with unique food choices. Antelope and ostrich. Definitely not the normal fair. Also seafood dishes, vegetarian and a delicious ribeye. Dessert, their signature tea cake, was incredible. Waitress was informative, attentive and courteous. It is a bit from Dayton but plan to return as well worth the trip. Live jazz band plays on weekends.Special Features:
- DisappointingMusheyDined on 10/25/2014Requested a booth in the main dining area, but was seated in a remote spot - service was very poor there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!LeffgaDined on 10/22/2014We were in town for a trade show and it was the first time eating there and we couldn't have been happier. Everyone was very friendly and the service and food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful jazz duo.TVTommy68Dined on 10/11/2014Sat in a secluded booth up front as I requested a quiet table. Could not have been better.Special Features:
- Party of six meeting midwayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014The food was outstanding!!! Everyone in our group concurred! Wish you had more space so we could be able to have a little more room. The noise level makes it very difficult to hear each other which is disappointing as we meet with this group infrequently. We end up standing out in the parking lot to talk which is uncomfortable when the weather is cold; however, we couldn't visit inside due to the high noise level.Special Features:
- Always a great time.LoveTippCityDined on 10/10/2014The food is always excellent. We've never been disappointed. The prime rib and ribeye steaks were delicious and very generous in size. Great service as usual. Huge desserts-enough to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Night for TwoGaryDined on 10/4/2014We have eaten here many times and again, without exception, had a wonderful evening. Conversation is so easy, the atmosphere is fabulous, the waitress excellent, and the food is just amazing. This is my favorite place to go for fine dining any time of day, lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- PerfectbensavannahDined on 10/2/2014Using a gift card from friends we enjoyed a romantic, relaxing, enjoyable evening. Our waitress was attentive and spent time with us for wine selection and specials. She came back to check but never to annoy. The food was very good and presentation was nice as well. We have just started coming to this restaurant and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting disappointing!NucciDined on 9/27/2014I've always enjoyed going to Coldwater, but have been noticing the last few visits that some of their food is not what I've come to expect. This visit I had what used to be one of my favorite dishes at Coldwater - their lobster crab cakes! What I loved about them was that they were mostly crab and lobster and were light and delicious. The last three times I've ordered them, I have been very disappointed at how much filler is being used in their cakes. I did not mind paying the price they charge for them when they were loaded with crab and lobster, but will not pay for filler! Coldwater needs to keep they're standard of high quality food, or I will not be as willing to go as I used to enjoy going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceAKieferDined on 9/19/2014I have dined at Coldwater Cafe for many years and have yet to be disappointed with a meal or with service. Servers are educated on the menu and provide answers to everything even to questions on ingredients. Well worth the price for a good meal.Special Features:
- Our favorite!MaryDined on 9/17/2014Best place to dine in Tipp City AND beyond! Worth the 'trip to Tipp' to experience this place for fine dining. Our waitress was Kelly and she did an outstanding job as well as Damion in recommendations for food specials and wine choices. You will not be disappointed with Coldwater. Take your boss, date, or group of friend... or anyone else you want to impress!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service great foodClux10Dined on 9/12/2014We have been to Coldwater many times. The pecan encrusted tilapia is always delicious as was the antelope. My husband has also had the ostriche and loved it. Wonderful service great charm. We needed a quiet booth and they delivered. Fun night for allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in townColumbusFoodChickVIPDined on 9/5/2014I often go to Tip City because it is a half way point between my family and where I live. I love how nice the restaurant is for a small town.Special Features:
- Good experienceRieder911Dined on 9/4/2014Great food, really neat place, our server just didn't make us a priority. She didn't take our food order for 20-25 mins. Other than that we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed with RestaurantFire41Dined on 8/29/2014Went there for our anniversary and I had a ribeye steak, one of the best I have ever had, and my wife had a shrimp pasta dinner and she also said her was very good. Service was outstanding, along with everything we had there. I would recommend making reservations, it is easy doing it online, or you can call them. I would recommend this restaurant for any special occasion but not sure taking the family there though because it is a little expensive. I think they are there to cater to couples more than families. Overall I would say one of the best in the Dayton area.Special Features:
- Top Notch RestaurantchoosydinerDined on 8/27/2014The only thing I don't really care for is sitting in one of the "back" rooms; however, I made the reservation late so I could not be choosy about everything. The back room we were in does not have "atmosphere". Our waitress was wonderful and food superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High marks alll round!knowgoodfoodDined on 8/23/2014Everything was fine from beginning to end while at Coldwater Cafe last evening. Our server was friendly and attentive and the food was its usual high-quality. No complaints. Well worth the drive from Beavercreek.Special Features:
- Memorable MealBandDDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I dined with two other couples and had a perfect dining experience--delicious food, impeccable service and a warm, inviting ambiance! Whether it be the moist salmon with citrus cilantro sauce, the homemade soup, or the special Wagyu beef, every bite was cooked to perfection. Each of us had a different homemade dessert and not a crumb was left on the plates. The bartender, Kevin, not only made delicious cocktails but also a memorable Guinness float that I had for dessert. Our server paced the evening perfectly and was both friendly and professional. What makes Coldwater Cafe great is not only the food that is consistently delicious, but how special they make everyone feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Anniversary to us!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014This is the 3rd year in a row that we have celebrated our wedding anniversary at the Coldwater Cafe. It was fabulous as always in food, service and ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dininggr8diningDined on 8/7/2014We have enjoyed dining at Coldwater Cafe in the past and I decided to take some friends out for dinner. We chose Coldwater Cafe and we certainly were not disappointed. The food was beautifully presented and was delicious also. They were so glad we had chosen CC and we had a lovely time.Special Features:
- 36th AnniversarySouthernerDined on 8/5/2014We enjoyed our waitress (Liberty), the intimate atmosphere allowed to interact with other diners, the food was excellent and the portion sizes were appropriate ample, but not too much food. My wife's martini was excellent. My margarita was watery and sub-par in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressiveTitiVIPDined on 8/5/2014We took two other couples to dinner who had never been to Coldwater before. I asked for the Boardroom since I know we can get a little loud. We were seated promptly and had wonderful service from Liberty. The sommelier was great with his knowledge and just the right pairings with our food. Our guests were really impressed when the chef stopped in to talk with us. Altogether a memorable evening with our guests stating they had found a new favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful again!KathyDined on 8/2/2014We have enjoyed every visit and this was no exception. Great service and food. A wonderful evening had by everyone. Thank you!Special Features:
- The following 578 reviews are from the Coldwater Cafe & Catering reviews archive.
- Great restaurant.gusindaytonDined on 7/25/2014This restaurant is fabulous, and I only gave it less than 5 stars because it wasn't perfect. Except for the English tea cake dessert, which was.Special Features:
- Small town gemJRA8052Dined on 7/22/2014Coldwater is a great dining experience. With a professional, friendly, well trained staff, the memorable experience starts the minute you enter the door. Sit at the bar and enjoy the best cocktails in the state of Ohio or enjoy a wine from their extensive wine list. Chef Nick is extremely created and intelligent utilizing fresh local ingredients in unique ways. If you are watching calories, be careful as their desserts are very difficult to pass on. Great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DiningLarryBDined on 7/19/2014If ever traveling I-75, this is a must! From the building to the service to the food. Also getting there ahead of time, the bartender can make anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!happydiners2Dined on 7/19/2014Coldwater Café is certainly a neighborhood gem and it's always a pleasure to dine at this fine restaurant. The staff are always welcoming, always knowledgeable about the menu and always good-humored. Every group that we have ever treated to this gem have marveled that it has so much to offer and the food is impeccable--always! I'm so glad that the owners have not let any expectations slip through the years and they seem to hold their staff to such high standards. We appreciate that and will continue to visit this wonderful place!Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experience!BandDDined on 7/17/2014We took our college friends from New Hampshire and they loved Coldwater Cafe as much as we do! Two of us had the salmon which is always perfect. Our wine was a cabernet sauvignon which is one of the best I've ever tasted. We were seated in a booth so the noise level was just right for carrying on a conversation and the service was impeccable. I would highly recommend Coldwater Cafe whether you are wanting a special evening out or just sitting at the bar.Special Features: