Coldwater Cafe & Catering
19 E Main Street
Tipp City, OH 45371Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Coldwater Cafe & Catering
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.coldwater-cafe.com/
- Phone: 9376670007x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch (Walk-In Only): Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner (Reservations Recommended): Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Nick Hoover
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Coldwater Cafe & Catering is able to do events from 12-250. Coldwater can do anything from custom catering menus, standard catering menu or box lunches. We can design a menu for your special occasion or you can choose from our standard catering or box lunch menus.
- Private Party Facilities: We have two rooms available for private dining, each with its own style and personality. We will work with you to create a personalized dining experience perfect for your event.
- Private Party Contact: Jenny Swigart 9376670007x
- Entertainment: Jazz music consisting of guitar, keyboard and/or bass, mostly on weekends starting at 7:00 PM
- Special Events: Every Valentine’s Day we create a specialized menu for the evening. Chef Nick puts together a divine combination of entrees, sides, salads and desserts that are not offered together during the remainder of the year. Founder, Betty Peachey, creates an ambiance not to be missed with the dining room bathed only in candlelight. Reservations are recommended.
A word from Coldwater Cafe & Catering
This restaurant housed in a former bank building in the heart of downtown Tipp City offers quality dining in a small-town setting. The decor is warm and welcoming and is a delight for the senses. The fireplace creates a cozy atmosphere while the full bar allows patrons a relaxing stop while awaiting a fabulous meal. The inviting atmosphere encourages relaxed conversation. You may be surprised to find that a restaurant in such a small town has some rather sophisticated choices on the menu alongside your more normal fare, with entrees such as ostrich being offered. If you are looking for a decadent dessert, look no further than the butter-drenched English Tea Cake! An easy drive from all points in the Dayton area, words cannot do it justice. A visit is a must and will be the first of many.Continued
Reservations accepted for dinner only.
Reservations accepted for dinner only.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Coldwater Cafe & Catering - Best Restaurants in Tipp City ›
Coldwater Cafe & Catering reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (52)neighborhood gem (39)romantic (35)notable wine list (32)fit for foodies (29)great for lunch (20)good for groups (16)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Outstanding food and serviceAKieferDined on 9/19/2014I have dined at Coldwater Cafe for many years and have yet to be disappointed with a meal or with service. Servers are educated on the menu and provide answers to everything even to questions on ingredients. Well worth the price for a good meal.Special Features:
- Our favorite!MaryDined on 9/17/2014Best place to dine in Tipp City AND beyond! Worth the 'trip to Tipp' to experience this place for fine dining. Our waitress was Kelly and she did an outstanding job as well as Damion in recommendations for food specials and wine choices. You will not be disappointed with Coldwater. Take your boss, date, or group of friend... or anyone else you want to impress!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service great foodClux10Dined on 9/12/2014We have been to Coldwater many times. The pecan encrusted tilapia is always delicious as was the antelope. My husband has also had the ostriche and loved it. Wonderful service great charm. We needed a quiet booth and they delivered. Fun night for allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceRieder911Dined on 9/4/2014Great food, really neat place, our server just didn't make us a priority. She didn't take our food order for 20-25 mins. Other than that we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed with RestaurantFire41Dined on 8/29/2014Went there for our anniversary and I had a ribeye steak, one of the best I have ever had, and my wife had a shrimp pasta dinner and she also said her was very good. Service was outstanding, along with everything we had there. I would recommend making reservations, it is easy doing it online, or you can call them. I would recommend this restaurant for any special occasion but not sure taking the family there though because it is a little expensive. I think they are there to cater to couples more than families. Overall I would say one of the best in the Dayton area.Special Features:
- Top Notch RestaurantchoosydinerDined on 8/27/2014The only thing I don't really care for is sitting in one of the "back" rooms; however, I made the reservation late so I could not be choosy about everything. The back room we were in does not have "atmosphere". Our waitress was wonderful and food superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High marks alll round!knowgoodfoodDined on 8/23/2014Everything was fine from beginning to end while at Coldwater Cafe last evening. Our server was friendly and attentive and the food was its usual high-quality. No complaints. Well worth the drive from Beavercreek.Special Features:
- Memorable MealBandDDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I dined with two other couples and had a perfect dining experience--delicious food, impeccable service and a warm, inviting ambiance! Whether it be the moist salmon with citrus cilantro sauce, the homemade soup, or the special Wagyu beef, every bite was cooked to perfection. Each of us had a different homemade dessert and not a crumb was left on the plates. The bartender, Kevin, not only made delicious cocktails but also a memorable Guinness float that I had for dessert. Our server paced the evening perfectly and was both friendly and professional. What makes Coldwater Cafe great is not only the food that is consistently delicious, but how special they make everyone feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Anniversary to us!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014This is the 3rd year in a row that we have celebrated our wedding anniversary at the Coldwater Cafe. It was fabulous as always in food, service and ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dininggr8diningDined on 8/7/2014We have enjoyed dining at Coldwater Cafe in the past and I decided to take some friends out for dinner. We chose Coldwater Cafe and we certainly were not disappointed. The food was beautifully presented and was delicious also. They were so glad we had chosen CC and we had a lovely time.Special Features:
- 36th AnniversarySouthernerDined on 8/5/2014We enjoyed our waitress (Liberty), the intimate atmosphere allowed to interact with other diners, the food was excellent and the portion sizes were appropriate ample, but not too much food. My wife's martini was excellent. My margarita was watery and sub-par in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressiveTitiVIPDined on 8/5/2014We took two other couples to dinner who had never been to Coldwater before. I asked for the Boardroom since I know we can get a little loud. We were seated promptly and had wonderful service from Liberty. The sommelier was great with his knowledge and just the right pairings with our food. Our guests were really impressed when the chef stopped in to talk with us. Altogether a memorable evening with our guests stating they had found a new favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful again!KathyDined on 8/2/2014We have enjoyed every visit and this was no exception. Great service and food. A wonderful evening had by everyone. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great restaurant.gusindaytonDined on 7/25/2014This restaurant is fabulous, and I only gave it less than 5 stars because it wasn't perfect. Except for the English tea cake dessert, which was.Special Features:
- Small town gemJRA8052Dined on 7/22/2014Coldwater is a great dining experience. With a professional, friendly, well trained staff, the memorable experience starts the minute you enter the door. Sit at the bar and enjoy the best cocktails in the state of Ohio or enjoy a wine from their extensive wine list. Chef Nick is extremely created and intelligent utilizing fresh local ingredients in unique ways. If you are watching calories, be careful as their desserts are very difficult to pass on. Great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DiningLarryBDined on 7/19/2014If ever traveling I-75, this is a must! From the building to the service to the food. Also getting there ahead of time, the bartender can make anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!happydiners2Dined on 7/19/2014Coldwater Café is certainly a neighborhood gem and it's always a pleasure to dine at this fine restaurant. The staff are always welcoming, always knowledgeable about the menu and always good-humored. Every group that we have ever treated to this gem have marveled that it has so much to offer and the food is impeccable--always! I'm so glad that the owners have not let any expectations slip through the years and they seem to hold their staff to such high standards. We appreciate that and will continue to visit this wonderful place!Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experience!BandDDined on 7/17/2014We took our college friends from New Hampshire and they loved Coldwater Cafe as much as we do! Two of us had the salmon which is always perfect. Our wine was a cabernet sauvignon which is one of the best I've ever tasted. We were seated in a booth so the noise level was just right for carrying on a conversation and the service was impeccable. I would highly recommend Coldwater Cafe whether you are wanting a special evening out or just sitting at the bar.Special Features:
- Special placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2014Always a pleasure to celebrate a special occasion at Coldwater Cafe.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING SALMONsasafrasDined on 7/1/2014We have never been disappointed with a dining experience. It's usually a special occassion place for us, but my husband enjoys the salmon so much that it has become a more frequent stop. The lobster cakes and spinach salad are the two I almost always opt for...never disappointed. We rarely opt for desert, but Lord knows if we do, the tea cake or bread pudding is to die for.Special Features:
- June 25, 2014kittykat1Dined on 6/25/2014Six of us very much enjoyed dinner in the evening. We had a "girls night out" and loved it. Our waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu and wine and was a great help; also very pleasant. Three could not make it and we plan to come back again with them in tow as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coldwater Cafe a Tipp City OH gemtable42Dined on 6/25/2014For special occasion or just because you will always be treated to stellar service and attention to detail.Special Features:
- LoveColdwaterDined on 6/24/2014One thing that makes Coldwater Café remarkable is consistency. The lobster crabcakes are always prepared the same way and are absolutely delicious.....as is everything else on the menu! Don't miss this exceptional dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tipp City Gem!KathyDined on 6/17/2014Our dinner last evening was so delicious! I had the ruby red trout special and my friend ordered the ribeye. Both meals were sooo good and the server was friendly, knowledgeable and professional. We love the warm and intimate dining room and would urge anyone to try this lovely restaurant. Kudos to Chef Nick!Special Features:
- Wonderfully UniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014My Wife and I love this hidden gem of Tipp City. Very personable staff, cozy atmosphere and amazing food. Definitely try the Ostrich!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fine dining!JustSomeGuyDined on 6/12/2014Wonderful setting, great service and even better food! Mature feeling and intelligent menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Cuisinemsh1Dined on 6/7/2014Friends and I were impressed with the food. One of the best in the area.Special Features:
- Worth the drive!Fun2DineDined on 6/6/2014Always Wonderful! Great food, Great service, Great martinis. The potato chip crusted walleye was wonderful. We always enjoy dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 563 reviews are from the Coldwater Cafe & Catering reviews archive.
- Fantastic dinner spot!BrezuzDined on 5/23/2014We happened on to Coldwater Cafe while in the area visiting family. Wow ...lucky us! We thoroughly enjoyed our meal, start to finish. Nice variety available for each course, as well as wines to choose from. All was very delicious. Great service too. We will return when back in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the ColdwaterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/23/2014The New York Strip was amazing. Cooked to perfection and the accompanying wine reduction complimented it perfectly. Always a treat to eat here!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hamvention dinnerDaveDined on 5/17/2014We go to Dayton every year for the Hamvention. This was the 4th year that we that we went to the Coldwater Cafe, and we will be back next year. We had a table for 8 in the Board Room and it was as if we had our own privat restaurant. The food and wine and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014We are clean eaters. We thought given the "grass fed" descriptions on several menu items and price point we'd be okay. My best guess is that they use MSG(or some other flavor enhancer) like every other restaurant & we just have to deal with the consequences. It's unfortunate to spend $65 on a meal & feel physically ill afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Eve winner!seafoodloverDined on 5/10/2014The seafood entrees were both superb, the server delightfully personable and knowledgeable, the atmosphere just right for our celebration of Mother's Day on Saturday evening. Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2014Coldwater has always been our favorite place to dine. Took some out of town relatives. Everything was outstanding as usual with the exception of rare filet being much closer to medium. Very unusual for Coldwater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/6/2014The Coldwater Cafe was everything my wife and I had hoped for and more. Although I intended to get the ostrich filet for dinner, I "chickened" out in the end. Regardless, the lobster-cakes were excellent, the ambience was romantic, and the waitstaff--attentive. It was perfect.Special Features:
- Best dining in DaytonGDocVIPDined on 5/2/2014Cold water Cafe simply is the best dining experience in the Dayton region. The food and service are first rate without being stuffy or pretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night specialsagefoolDined on 4/26/2014We arrived on time but had to wait about 15 minutes for our table. However, it was well worth the wait. The ambiance was right for a special occasion, and the noise level was low enough for a comfortable conversation across the table, even though there was a jazzy duo playing in the bar. The entrees (our group had the duck and ostrich) were well prepared. One came with the wrong side (which was delicious anyway). The desserts were generous and delicious as well. This is a destination restaurant, not a place to grab a quick bite with other plans for the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the USDanielDined on 4/25/2014Been to restaurants in Chicago, Seattle, Caribbean, Mexico, Ireland. My fav is still Coldwater Cafe! It is our tradition now....anniversary dinner Is at Coldwater Cafe!Special Features:
- Romantic and DeliciousTeamSmithDined on 4/25/2014I want to thank the staff at Coldwater once again for the great dining experience. We arrived a little early and had a drink at the bar. The staff made sure we were attended to wonderfully. We were taken to a quiet table where we could enjoy our meal and conversation. The staff was very knowledgeable and helpful in the selection of our meal. Also in helping us pick a wine to pair with our meal. The crab cake appetizers were delicious and the steaks we ordered were very good and cooked perfectly. The tea cake with butter sauce was the perfect dessert to end our dining experience and we were still talking about it the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunchboxdave1949Dined on 4/19/2014This is one of the best places to eat in the Miami Valley. The different Meats are Outstanding. It was my Wife's Birthday, so when they found out She got a real nice Desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.