Coldwater Cafe & Catering
19 E Main Street
Tipp City, OH 45371Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Coldwater Cafe & Catering
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.coldwater-cafe.com/
- Phone: (937) 667-0007
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch (Walk-In Only): Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner (Reservations Recommended): Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Nick Hoover
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Coldwater Cafe & Catering is able to do events from 12-250. Coldwater can do anything from custom catering menus, standard catering menu or box lunches. We can design a menu for your special occasion or you can choose from our standard catering or box lunch menus.
- Private Party Facilities: We have two rooms available for private dining, each with its own style and personality. We will work with you to create a personalized dining experience perfect for your event.
- Private Party Contact: Jenny Swigart 9376670007x
- Entertainment: Jazz music consisting of guitar, keyboard and/or bass, mostly on weekends starting at 7:00 PM
- Special Events: Every Valentine’s Day we create a specialized menu for the evening. Chef Nick puts together a divine combination of entrees, sides, salads and desserts that are not offered together during the remainder of the year. Founder, Betty Peachey, creates an ambiance not to be missed with the dining room bathed only in candlelight. Reservations are recommended.
A word from Coldwater Cafe & Catering
This restaurant housed in a former bank building in the heart of downtown Tipp City offers quality dining in a small-town setting. The decor is warm and welcoming and is a delight for the senses. The fireplace creates a cozy atmosphere while the full bar allows patrons a relaxing stop while awaiting a fabulous meal. The inviting atmosphere encourages relaxed conversation. You may be surprised to find that a restaurant in such a small town has some rather sophisticated choices on the menu alongside your more normal fare, with entrees such as ostrich being offered. If you are looking for a decadent dessert, look no further than the butter-drenched English Tea Cake! An easy drive from all points in the Dayton area, words cannot do it justice. A visit is a must and will be the first of many.Continued
Reservations accepted for dinner only.
Reservations accepted for dinner only.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Coldwater Cafe & Catering - Best Restaurants in Tipp City ›
Coldwater Cafe & Catering reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)neighborhood gem (44)romantic (40)fit for foodies (38)notable wine list (33)good for groups (32)great for lunch (26)hot spot (11)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great food, nice place!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/21/2014The meal was fantastic. Waitress wasn't friendly but maybe she was having a bad night. The bread was amazing and they had a decent selection of beer (although $10 a bottle was a bit hard to swallow). We enjoyed our visit and I'm glad we gave it a shot. I read great things about their bar before deciding to go there but it wasn't anything special and all the seats were taken when we got there...not a big deal for us since they seated us immediately but if that's your reason for going, don't. This sounds more negative than I really mean it, you should check this place out if you're looking for a good meal in a nice setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 39 th Anniversary dinnerWhatsfordindin2Dined on 2/21/2014First impression is everything, we were pleasantly surprised when we walked in, the Hostess was gracious, our server Kelly was very informative & kept a nice pace for us. The drinks were delicious, we ordered the fresh scallops & grouper , cooked perfectly. Bread & salad were very fresh. We will definitely be back & bring our friends. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beginning to EndwinomikeDined on 2/19/2014Restaurants are generally good at one thing....CWC was great from beginning to end! I'd recommend(and have) this to anyone interested in good food, good wine, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful every timedebtfreepeaceDined on 2/14/2014Love the menu choices every time and the help in pairing wines. Everyone is always friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tipp City's best kept secretjandihutsonDined on 2/14/2014Food is always mouth-watering delicious and service is excellent! Pricing is what you'd expect for fine dining but worth the prices every time! Go on a special occasion like anniversaries or Valentines Day & you will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In another worldEurope1Dined on 2/13/2014Coldwater Cafe has the environment of feeling like you are in another world. The decor is classy and the bar area is a delight. Almost like you're in a small New York bar or in a small out of the way Paris place. We ordered the Chilean Sea Bass and filet mignon. Both cooked to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Saturday Night!krissycakes0802Dined on 2/8/2014We had not been to Coldwater Café in several years. On a whim decided to go with some friends. We enjoyed every minute! We had a drink at the bar. The live music was the perfect volume and not too distracting that you couldn't chat. We all enjoyed our dinner and even ordered dessert! The Cherry Almond Bread pudding was amazing. My husband and I were dreaming about in on Sunday morning when we woke up. We definitely won't be waiting long to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinner!grainfreeDined on 2/7/2014We enjoyed a delicious dinner with good friends this weekend! The service was great and the food was absolutely fabulous! The grass fed ribeye was simply the best. We look forward to dining a Coldwater many times again.Special Features:
- Great PlaceChefwantabeeDined on 2/6/2014Although we have eaten here often, this time it was to celebrate my wife's birthday and our 43rd wedding anniversary( yes...they are the same). The dining experience was excellent. The service outstanding...one of the best resturants in the area !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/31/2014Excellent food and a great atmosphere. Always a great time.Special Features:
- Fun with Friendslove2eatDined on 1/22/2014Awesome food...Chilean Sea Bass with chili sauce is the best! My friends loved their dinners and gotta-have desserts. Cherry Almond bread pudding is my fav along with the 5-layer carrot cake with white chocolate cream cheese frosting...yum:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/21/2014Everything was great as always! One of our favorite places to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great! The salmonStevenDined on 1/17/2014Food was great! The salmon was outstanding! Price was good for quality of food. This will become part of our "date night" Friday rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little busy at times forMarcusDined on 1/4/2014A little busy at times for the wait staff. Overall it is always a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful New Year's dinnerKathyDined on 12/31/2013My friend and I had dinner at Coldwater for New Year's Eve this year and it was an evening that we will remember for a long time. Our table wasn't quite ready when we arrived so we sipped a martini at the cozy bar, and listened to the combo that was playing. We started with a fried brie appetizer, a bottle of Malbec and treated ourselves to ostrich and duck. All delicious!! The house salads were fresh and tasty, too. Our server, Joslin, was sweet, yet professional and very attentive. Truly a five star evening. Tipp City is so fortunate to have this dining spot in it's quaint little downtown area.Special Features:
- A great experienceDanielsJMDined on 12/31/2013Excellent food combined with excellent service - a very fun evening out.Special Features:
- Always an excellent experiencefoodloverDined on 12/31/2013My husband and I have dined at Coldwater Cafe multiple times and have always had excellent food and service. Their filet is one of our favorite meals finished off with English tea cake for dessert. The wait staff is courteous and attentive. We highly recommend Coldwater Cafe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EveEllieDined on 12/31/2013This was a fantastic place to go to for New Year's Eve or any other special evening. We had a very special and memorable dinner. Thank you.Special Features:
- Gem, especially for a smallfkaybeeDined on 12/28/2013Gem, especially for a small town. Will tell our friends about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Most Favorite Restaurantlove2dineoutDined on 12/28/2013Coldwater Café is our favorite place to eat. The service and food are always consistently fantastic! Our reservation is always on time, and from the moment we walk into the restaurant we are made to feel very special. I would recommend Coldwater Café to anyone looking for a delicious meal at a beautiful and romantic restaurant. Truly a dining experience. Will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorablemomandsonDined on 12/28/2013I was looking for a special venue to take my son (special mother/son time). I had never been here before but looked interesting on- line. The experience exceeded my expectations. The staff was awesome. They really made sure everything was special from checking in at hostess. The restaurant was beautifully decorated & the music really completed the package. We started with apps at the bar and decided to stay and have dinner there as well. Our server Kevin was AWESOME. He made great recommendations and really made my son feel welcome and important. The food was really good (especially the aged gouda and the shrimp pasta). Even the GM was gracious and sincerely interested in all the guests experience, I would DEFINITELY COME AGAIN!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always pleasedhappydiners2Dined on 12/21/2013Coldwater Café is a special gem in Tipp City, OH. Not only is the atmosphere perfectly homey, but the staff are gracious and the food is excellent! I love that the menu is only 2 pages and they always have specials that are tasty as well as beautiful to look at. The food is fresh and cooked perfectly, too. We have been to this café on several occasions and have always received the same excellent service and have never been disappointed. I love that they do not have any big screen tvs anywhere in the dining area or the bar. You can hear folks actually talking to each other and laughing! What a great diversion from the crazy electronic lives we have grown accustomed to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coldwater Cafe ReviewDdinerDined on 12/20/2013Couple of items ran out of..too early I thought. Would b nice for a larger bar area to have a drink before dinner Spinach dip fantastic. Need flatbread appetizer Something different. Would love to see scallops. Desserts fantastic , love the cherry almond Bread PuddingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great experiencebensavannahDined on 12/20/2013We made a last minute decision to have dinner out and were still able to get a reservation for a Friday night. The restaurant was full but the hostess seated us on time, and we never had to wait. Our waitress was friendly and professional and had a good knowledge of the specials and also the wine list. The food was fantastic. We commented after we left that from the salad to the dessert, everything was delicious! We just found this restaurant this past year but we will be back. And we will be bringing friends and family.Special Features:
- Birthday 2013gatorDined on 12/19/2013The staff was excellent from the warm welcome as we entered the door til we left with a warm holiday wish and thank you.Very relaxing and fantastic foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time visitJarrodDined on 12/18/2013We visited for the first time on our 20th wedding anniversary. We had a 7pm reservation but weren't seated until nearly 7:45. We were also seated next to a large party who were quite loud considering the confined dining area. I think it would have been appropriate to ask them to quiet down out of respect for those around them. As far as the food goes, OUTSTANDING!! Can't say enough about our entire meal and the quality of the food. Waitress was friendly as well, although I think she was a bit stressed out due to the business. She did the best she could all things considered. We will likely return in the future because the food was that good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My go to restaurant for special occlove2enjoyDined on 12/18/2013They never disappoint with service or food and great decor.hISpecial Features:
- Excellent atmosphereSnowlakeDined on 12/11/2013Outstanding decor and ambiance...a relaxing place with some very good choices.Special Features:
- Very accommodating! Food great!ColdwatercafeloverDined on 12/4/2013Very accommodating! Food great! Service friendly! Holiday decorations beautiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, great bartenderJRA8052Dined on 11/27/2013Excellent food, great bartender (Kevin) good wine list. A pleasant evening with my wife with good food, wine and friendly serviceSpecial Features:
- Wonderfull CafeckstDined on 11/22/2013The Café is a Gem! Food & service is always outstanding. It's just so nice to know that you don't always have to go South of Dayton to find an awesome restaurant. We have one right here in Tipp City!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food and ServiceKathyDined on 11/16/2013We have been to Coldwaters several times and have never been disappointed with the food or service. It is a special place for us. Friday and Saturdays are always great with the small two piece jazz band playing, the wonderful food and the atmosphere. Every time we go I like to try something different but our favorite is the shrimp and Brie pasta. The waiters and waitresses know the specials and provide great service. We will be back soon. Thank you for a wonderful evening again.Special Features:
- Unacceptable seating 7:15 p.m.NotBBack4Dined on 11/16/2013We were very disappointed with the location we were seated in the restaurant. I made the reservation several days ahead of time and specifically asked to be seated in the area of the fireplaces. My husband and I were entertaining my sister and her fiance. My sister and her friend arrived first at the restaurant. They checked in and were told that too many other customers had requested the same seating arrangements. The fireplaces would also not be operating. (My sister had no knowledge of my request.) I was made aware of this conversation after we were escorted past two vacant tables in the fireplace room and seated in the vault-exactly where we did not want to sit.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2013Coldwater Cafe never disappoints. Chef Nick and his staff offer wonderful food. I love going there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is one of our absolutelyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/12/2013This is one of our absolutely favorite restaurants but the "special" prime rib on Tuesday was not very good. I will go back to the delicious filet mignon for my next visit which is next week.Special Features:
- Arkansas visitorjim13Dined on 11/8/2013I've been around and have eaten at many fine restaurants. To have found this one in a small OH city was an unexpected pleasure. Everything about the place was outstanding; food, wine, ambiance & service. It certainly had a smaller, romantic atmosphere which was just what I was looking for. Would definitely return if ever in the vicinity again.Special Features:
- Excellence in diningLucaBrasiDined on 11/7/2013Service was second to none, the food was excellent, served at the appropriate temperature and with the perfect presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent evening. one ofvikingDined on 11/5/2013excellent evening. one of my guests stated the evening to be the best ever, Flower deliver to the table was perfect,Special Features:
- We really enjoy ColdwaterGandBDined on 11/2/2013We really enjoy Coldwater Café on our date nights. It is a really nice place with good food and service. The live Jazz is the "icing on the cake" for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic MealCoachDined on 11/2/2013I have been here a few times before and took my Girlfriend there for her birthday.. great wine selection, and being a Kansas guy I finally have found a place that has great steak, cooked as you like and try the tea cake for desert mmmmmm. Restaurant is down town and is in an old bank. enjoy ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.