Coldwater Cafe & Catering
19 E Main Street
Tipp City, OH 45371Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Coldwater Cafe & Catering
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.coldwater-cafe.com/
- Phone: (937) 667-0007
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch (Walk-In Only): Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner (Reservations Recommended): Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Nick Hoover
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Coldwater Cafe & Catering is able to do events from 12-250. Coldwater can do anything from custom catering menus, standard catering menu or box lunches. We can design a menu for your special occasion or you can choose from our standard catering or box lunch menus.
- Private Party Facilities: We have two rooms available for private dining, each with its own style and personality. We will work with you to create a personalized dining experience perfect for your event.
- Private Party Contact: Jenny Swigart 9376670007x
- Entertainment: Jazz music consisting of guitar, keyboard and/or bass, mostly on weekends starting at 7:00 PM
- Special Events: Every Valentine’s Day we create a specialized menu for the evening. Chef Nick puts together a divine combination of entrees, sides, salads and desserts that are not offered together during the remainder of the year. Founder, Betty Peachey, creates an ambiance not to be missed with the dining room bathed only in candlelight. Reservations are recommended.
A word from Coldwater Cafe & Catering
This restaurant housed in a former bank building in the heart of downtown Tipp City offers quality dining in a small-town setting. The decor is warm and welcoming and is a delight for the senses. The fireplace creates a cozy atmosphere while the full bar allows patrons a relaxing stop while awaiting a fabulous meal. The inviting atmosphere encourages relaxed conversation. You may be surprised to find that a restaurant in such a small town has some rather sophisticated choices on the menu alongside your more normal fare, with entrees such as ostrich being offered. If you are looking for a decadent dessert, look no further than the butter-drenched English Tea Cake! An easy drive from all points in the Dayton area, words cannot do it justice. A visit is a must and will be the first of many.Continued
Reservations accepted for dinner only.
Reservations accepted for dinner only.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Coldwater Cafe & Catering - Best Restaurants in Tipp City ›
Coldwater Cafe & Catering reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)neighborhood gem (44)romantic (40)fit for foodies (38)notable wine list (33)good for groups (32)great for lunch (26)hot spot (11)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- We visted last year and THOROUGHLYOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/18/2009We visted last year and THOROUGHLY enjoy everything about Coldwater. The Christmas music in the background is pleasant, but the food is extremely good. We savor every bite, and OOOOH and AHHHH over the unique salad dressings, the artichoke dip her almond crusted talapia, and my steak and potatoes were FABUTASTIC. Love you guys..........wish we lived closer, and had a HUGE budget, we would eat at your place a couple of times a week..... YUUUUUUM
- Our dining experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/20/2009Our dining experience was most enjoyable. The food was cooked to perfection and the desserts were beyond yummy!Special Features:
- For my 33rd wedding anniversary,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/20/2009For my 33rd wedding anniversary, I wanted someplace really special.....and I found it!Special Features:
- The salmon and the shrimpOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/19/2009The salmon and the shrimp and grits and the bread pudding were terrific -- ditto for the service.
- We celebrated our 25th anniverseryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/17/2009We celebrated our 25th anniversery at Cold Water Cafe and we were not disappointed. The dinner was topped off with a wonderful English Tea Cake!Special Features:
- The meal was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/17/2009The meal was great and the service was outstanding. We really enjoyed it and will definitely return.Special Features:
- As usual, we had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/14/2009As usual, we had a wonderful dinner and had the delicious English Tea Cake for dessert.Special Features:
- Very good - one of our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/14/2009Very good - one of our favorite places - always a positive experience
- Had a wonderful time..........theTboneDined on 11/13/2009Had a wonderful time..........the food was amazing........the bar fun........heard some jazz.......it was a great wy to spend the evening.Special Features:
- Servise was outstanding atScoobDined on 11/11/2009Servise was outstanding at lunch. Great recommendations, personable, attentive and did not interrupt.Special Features:
- The food was good, not wonderful,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/10/2009The food was good, not wonderful, but good. The menu is somewhat limited. The service was quite slow. We love the atmosphere & the people are very friendly, just slow.Special Features:
- Was told about the specials,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2009Was told about the specials, ordered one of them, found out later that they were out. Good atmosphere, what I did order was good. Will be back (first time there).Special Features:
- Having made the reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/6/2009Having made the reservations ahead of time was a real plus since the resturant was busy for a Friday night. We did not have to wait and we were seated within 5 to 8 minutes. The atmosphere is pleasant and there are enough food & wine choics to want to go back & try another. Not many places serve ostrich....yum! The desserts were large enough fro 2 forks. Our server had a delightful personality and was willing to help in any way. Even though she was busy with other tables she took time with us. I would recommend this resturant and will reccommend using Open Table. I loved the fact tht it was after 11 pm at night and I was able to make a reservation.Special Features:
- Our favorite! Always consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/31/2009Our favorite! Always consistent with quality of food and service.Special Features:
- Our reservation was for 7:45OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/23/2009Our reservation was for 7:45 PM and we weren't seated until almost 8:30. I find that to be ridiculous. Since we were seated so much later than our time, they gave us a each a free drink and appetizer, which was very nice. The food was very good and service at the table was wonderful. They need to figure out how to schedule better. We won't be going back simply because of the wait.Special Features:
- This was my first opportunityOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/23/2009This was my first opportunity to get to enjoy Coldwater Cafe and I would highly recommend it to anyone. I was celebrating my birthday with my boyfriend and we were able to be seated in the private "kissing booth." It was very romantic and quaint. It was a date to remember!!Special Features:
- Would say this was our bestOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/20/2009Would say this was our best experience in all of the Dayton area. Even though it's a little bit of a drive out of town, it was worth it. The food was exceptional and the service was impeccable. Be sure to try the lobster crabcakes either as an appetizer or main. The shrimp pasta and the blue cheese stuffed filet were the favorite entrees. The ambiance was very nice, try to get a table in the vault.Special Features:
- Loved it. Joeclyn was ourEliotparkDined on 10/17/2009Loved it. Joeclyn was our server and she was awesome. Only drawback, we were seated at one of two tables in the service prep area. Servers were constantly coming and going from the kitchen, filling drink orders, clearing plates. I would suggest those two tables be removed. The saving grace was Joecyln.Special Features:
- My fiance and I went thereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2009My fiance and I went there Saturday night for Sweetest Day, and had an absolutely wonderful meal. I had the tilapia and he had the filet, both which were cooked to perfection! We will be back!Special Features:
- We couldn't have had a nicerDinner42Dined on 10/16/2009We couldn't have had a nicer experience for our anniversary dinner. Fabulous food, service, and ambiance.Special Features:
- Excellent food in a very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/15/2009Excellent food in a very nice atmosphere. The filet mignon was one of the best three steaks I've ever had (and I've had more than a few in my day!), and the rest of my meal and my wife's was outstanding as well. Service was a little slow which seemed to be the result of being shorthanded the night we were there; however, the demeanor and attitude of the waitress made up for the delay. We will definitely return and will recommend others dine at the Coldewtaer Cafe!
- Great Food! The lobster cakesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/10/2009Great Food! The lobster cakes are wonderful! Best restaurant in the Dayton area!!Special Features:
- We went to Coldwater CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/9/2009We went to Coldwater Cafe for our 13th Wedding anniversary. I had read a lot of great reviews about this restaurant and decided to give it a try from our normal Melting Pot routine. It was phenomenal in all aspects and we will definitely be back! The space was charming and cozy, the food was absolutely delightful (try the Jamaican banana cake) and our server was very knowledgeable and gracious. Along with everything the price is reasonable for the quality of food you get. Our only disappointment was that we had to leave right as the live jazz musicians started to play. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- When we booked our reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/3/2009When we booked our reservation with Open Table I was asked if it was a special occasion, it was my wife's birthday, which was not acknowledged. The meals are rather pricey & the service was less than satisfactory for what I consider fine dining. The food was just okay, but I will say the desserts were very good. We were seated by the fireplace, & it was so hot & stuffy you could hardly enjoy your meal. My wife dines there frequently for lunch & always has great service...maybe you should have them train your night servers. As for fine dining, we will continue to dine at J. Alexander's for great food, wonderful atmoshere with exceptional service.
- Outstanding food and the buildingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/24/2009Outstanding food and the building being a former bank is very unique and nice. If there could be any complaint is it can get noisy. It was a little hard to hear and talk at times the person I was with. Definitely will go back!Special Features:
- All was good. We had primeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2009All was good. We had prime rib, and it was later in the evening so close to not having it. Was told it was the end piece, but still pink. But when arrived it was was too done for me, but very tasty. It was very good though, just better it I had it earlier in the evening. Service was good, love the wine you serve.
- Once again the food was superb.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2009Once again the food was superb. The waitress was knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. The desserts were fantastic!Special Features:
- Not a very wide selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2009Not a very wide selection and very pricey. However, the food was good.Special Features:
- Our date began with waitingFoxFarmerDined on 7/31/2009Our date began with waiting around ten minutes for service. That was disappointing but we were patient. When our server did arrive, she was attentive and kind. Our entrees, mango pork chops and filet mignon were superb! Our dessert was disappointing. I ordered the cherry bread pudding which I've enjoyed before and it was very mushy and distatsteful. Our server was gracious and brought me the tea cake which was better. My husband ordered the peanut butter pie which was superb! We had an enjoyable time and will definitely return!Special Features:
- We ordered pecan-crusted tilapiaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2009We ordered pecan-crusted tilapia and the ostrich filets. Both were excellent and the supporting dishes (smashed redskin potatoes and roasted Yukon Gold as well as the green beans) were also superbly done. The wine list offers a great variety of vintages and we can recommend highly the hot fudge pecan ball for dessert. Service was also superb from the greeting upon arrival to the presentation of the check.Special Features:
- This restaurant is in ourOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/24/2009This restaurant is in our top 5 all time favorite list! The food is superb and the live lite jazz in the bar area is a real charmer. We had friends in from Washington D.C. and they said that they have never had better fish!! We agree. This restaurant is a treasure.Special Features:
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/18/2009This was our first visit to the new location and it was wonderful. As always, the food and service is some of the very best I have ever had. Fantastic and will be back!
- Coldwater Cafe is an excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/3/2009Coldwater Cafe is an excellent place to dine. There is a delicious variety of choices on the menu, including some "healthy" options. I chose the spinach lentil salad with grilled chicken, which was outstanding. It would make an excellent vegetarian dinner sans chicken. I suggest that you request some of the cucumber dressing (more like chutney) to add to your salad. It is delicious! My husband had the lobster/crab cake appetizers, which he said were delicious, followed by the grilled salmon dinner, also great. Perhaps the best part was the peanut butter pie that we split for dessert. It was a large slice, plenty for 2. Wonderful! The service was wonderful too. We will be back many more times.Special Features:
- This is my third trip to ColdwaterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/17/2009This is my third trip to Coldwater Cafe in recent months. It's a gem; my favorite restaurant. Food, wine, and service are all excellent.Special Features:
- Had a 7:45PM reservation andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2009Had a 7:45PM reservation and had to wait 30 minutes for a table. Initially offered a table set off from all other tables in the restaurant with a "scenic stairwell view." Requested and got another table in the main dining room. The menu was rather limited -- only six entrees plus two off-menu "specials." Wine list was very good and very well priced. Food was good -- nothing to rave about. Service was satisfactory. Prices were reasonableSpecial Features:
- Restaraunt is in an old bankbscoop13Dined on 6/11/2009Restaraunt is in an old bank and you can sit in the vault. The vault door is still there. The food is exceptional and the price is reasonable. I started with the artichoke dip which was the best I have ever had. With the salad I had the cucumber and dill dressing. It was very good and fresh. My meal was the lobster crabcakes. I highly recommend them. Wine by the glass list is small but they do have splits. Nice selection of whole bottles. I had the english tea cake for desert. It was very good. Everything they serve is local that can be. This place is a gem.Special Features:
- Dining overall was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/6/2009Dining overall was excellent, however we sat in the vault area in the back and could not hear the live music or see them at all...however they were very good. Also much more ambiance had we been able to sit in the fireplace room. The service and food is always wonderful every time we go, I had the trout with pineapple salsa, it was prepared perfect. I also always love that bread with the sea salt on the crust!!!Special Features:
- food was great but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/20/2009food was great but service was not. Unfortunately not the first time. Clearly understaffed.Special Features:
- Truly enjoyed a deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/15/2009Truly enjoyed a delicious meal Friday evening. Absolutely love your homemade cucumber dill dressing! Both dinners were super as was the service! Only real complaint was being seated in a high traffic passage area (for 2) facing a drink station when there looked to be plenty of other tables available. Ordered a decaf, which was flavored. Had I known hazelnut was "standard" I wouldn not have ordered it. Also...please add Chivas Regal Scotch to your bar's inventory! The little items sometimes make a big difference. We will be back... Thank you.Special Features:
- Great food and service. niceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/7/2009Great food and service. nice atmosphere. Portions not overwhelmingly large, so leave room for dessert. We shared a wonderful cherry almond bread pudding...delicious. Grilled salmon was superbly prepared. All in all a very nice evening.Special Features: