Colby Hill Inn
33 The Oaks St
Henniker, NH 03242Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Colby Hill Inn
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.colbyhillinn.com/dining.htm
- Phone: (603) 428-3281
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 8:30pm
Sunday: 4:30pm - 7:30pm
Monday: 5:30pm - 8:30pm (May - November)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Ian Gage
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Our dining room can be divide to provide a private room for 25.
- Private Party Contact: Mason 6034283281
A word from Colby Hill Inn
Besides lodging, the Colby Hill Inn has a 50 seat award wining fine dining restaurant that is open to the public featuring hand crafted selections. In Addition to regular dining we host wine dinners and cooking classes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Colby Hill Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (2)neighborhood gem (1)scenic view (1)fit for foodies (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Gem in the wildernesswineguyDined on 10/13/2014On a recent New England Fall trip my wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Colby Hill Inn in New Hampshire. A very old building with love and care found in the interior. Mason, the owner is the gracious and affable steward of this country retreat and makes you feel comfortable and at home. This place is in the middle of a beautiful and remote setting with a very nice dinning room, a treat and find for any foodie.Special Features:
- Time Travel Back to 1973...IndaknowVIPDined on 9/27/2014A lovely little country inn with (unfortunately) a menu at least 40 years behind current dining styles - and it was NOT the menu posted on OpenTable ::: Corn Chowder starter was mostly heavy cream and served hardly warmed, both the Veal Saltimboca and the Stuffed Pork Chops were horribly over-cooked, the Pumpkin Raviolis were swimming in a tasteless sauce also mostly composed of heavy cream, and the salads are done better on any domestic airline (Ugh!) ::: The kitchen was clueless and over their heads, the menu lacked inventiveness and the host/owner hid out, clearly embarrassed by this overpriced fiasco, unapologetic for our worst dining experience of 2014...
- The following 3 reviews are from the Colby Hill Inn reviews archive.
- Classic New England innZimmergasseDined on 7/5/2014A classic New England inn experience with updated food. The seafood was very cooked ( like spicy but soup was too much). The service was excellent along with a beautiful view of the garden. It is not inexpensive but it is appropriate for the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Longer a GemFussyVIPDined on 12/20/2013We dined here in the fall and were very impressed with the food. Not so this time. The winter menu didn't inspire us, and the preparation was disappointing. The grits on my shrimp and grits was more like very soupy polenta and the parsnip puree on the lamb pies needed a spoon. The vegetarian entrée was particularly unattractive - looked burned although it wasn't - which made our guest a bit hesitant to even try it at first. The pear salad sounded great on the menu but arrived with barely any pear and even less cheese. I'm willing to pay more if they would upgrade the menu. Because there was a large party in a private dining room, we waited a very long time for our food. We're sad to have lost a gem.Special Features:
- great place for a weekend retreatcaptmikeVIPDined on 6/21/2013It was a last minute decision to ttry this BnB. Glad we tried it, the food and dinner service was great, and breakfast was very good. Small dinning room and nice views overlooking the garden. we hope to make it back in the winter for either the cooking classes they offer or a ski and stay package. The staff was very helpful and carriage suite was very niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.