120 Nichols Street
Friday Harbor, WA 98250Neighborhood:
San Juan Islands
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cohorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3603786330
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, International
- Executive Chef: J. Alphonsine Haslet-Phillips
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Coho Restaurant, provides on and off-premise catering using only the freshest and finest ingredients, day-of-event preparation, and artistic presentation, Coho's chefs have created a reputation for consistent quality and exceptional food service. From a gourmet picnic lunch to a formal dinner reception and everything in between, let our chefs take you on a culinary exploration of the Islands. Our culinary team has diverse culinary expertise including Mediterranean, Asian and Pacific Northwest, to name a few. Our in-house pastry chef will prepare fresh desserts to complement your affair.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us for further details.
- Private Party Contact: Anna Maria de Freitas 3603783587
A word from Coho Restaurant
Coho Restaurant, Friday Harbor, San Juan Island, serves Island grown Pacific cuisine with a Mediterranean flair. Coho's talented chefs create exciting menus developed around the seasonality of fresh ingredients from the surrounding Islands. Coho showcases simple and artful fare that allows the flavors of the individual ingredients to resonate on the palate. Coho Restaurant is proud to support our local farm community by participating in the Island's Certified Local Program. Their award-winning wine cellar culled from the great producers of Washington, Oregon, and California along with a fine selection of international wines are paired to complement the food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Coho Restaurant - Best Restaurants in San Juan Islands ›
Coho Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (15)neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (12)notable wine list (10)romantic (9)hot spot (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- small intimitate diningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014great "little place". You feel like you are literally in a renovated living room of a house. Don't mistake the comment though, it makes for a fun dining experience with at most 25 other people. The unfortunate part for us is one of the larger tables filled with a group of which one of the members a loud voiced female assumed the rest of the place wanted to hear her opinions and she was not short on them. My wife ordered fettecini that was mediocre. I had the leg of lamb that was to die for. We skipped appetizers, bad choice, the entrees are fairly small. Service was fair not great and we did have about a 20 min wait with reservations. HUGE wine list.Special Features:
- best on the islandcszrbDined on 9/11/2014We saved the best for our last night. The food was wonderful, the service great and the ambiance was lovely. Every. town should have at leasy one restaurant like CohoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wouldn't knowDJSpongeDined on 9/3/2014They didn't honor the reservation, stating that open table never called them? They also stated it was a problem they have been having all summer...really? Maybe you should do something about it! We were turned away, so that's all I have to review. Found a good English pub down the street instead.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary Dinnerdkd2001Dined on 8/25/2014We had our 35th anniversary dinner here -- it was excellent. The room is small and the service is very personal -- reservations are a must. The owner brought us a celebratory after-dinner drink, when he found we were celebrating our anniversary at the end of the meal. Very nice of him. Dinner was excellent, the service leisurely but efficient. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coho on San Juan IslandMMGHDined on 8/21/2014Overall, a very nice restaurant. The food was very good. The staff was exceptional - from the waitress to the owner who came by to ask about our dining experience. Since you are on the island, you can dress casual or formal, depending on your occasion. The location is in the heart of Friday Harbor, with no view. Additionally, it is a very small restaurant - with only about 10 tables. However, even though the dining area is small, it is very comfortable and creates a good atmosphere, even with larger parties at other tables. If you are looking for a view, this is not the place. I recommend "The Bluff" if that is your desire. I would certainly go back and recommend to my friends.Special Features:
- Great find in a small areajfrazureVIPDined on 8/14/2014We made the reservation last minute and it turned out great....very cozy and the food and service were greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary RestaurantreluctantreviewerDined on 8/12/2014My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and had a wonderful dinner. The sea scallops were perfectly cooked, as was the delicious trout special. I've never enjoyed trout more. It's a tiny restaurant and very clearly family run. The owners were very attentive and friendly. There was a very nice feel to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Juice70Dined on 8/8/2014Food was fantastic and service was amazing , I would recommomend this restaurant to o all my friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/5/2014We had better food at other time when we ate there. The vegetarian dish was mediocre is not boring and tasteless. The chicken was good and the ice cream very good. the soup, not bad, but nothing special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kikiDined on 7/28/2014Our guest said his hallibut was the best he ever had. Wonderful evening. Thank you.Special Features:
- Best value in Friday HarborDavidGDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I went to the early "2 for $70" (including bottle of wine). Outstanding meal and great value. Small, intimate, cozy place. Would recommend it at half again the price.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014Great Restaurant and the owners where awesome.. We flew in from Seattle and they held our table for an extra hour because we late taking off from Seattle.. They made us fell like no problem you are the guest. Food was Killer too. Great spot we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/3/2014Everything was outstanding - would go again when in the area, be sure to go between 5-5:45 PM for the special for two $70.00, includes bottle of wine.Special Features:
- The following 24 reviews are from the Coho Restaurant reviews archive.
- Best restaurant on SJIQBallDined on 5/23/2014We have never had anything but exceptional food and service at this fabulous restaurant!Special Features:
- What a treat in Friday HarborGHansonDined on 4/5/2014We travelled to Friday Harbor for just one night for a family matter and were looking for a nice place for dinner. Based on the reviews we booked dinner at Coho's for 8pm. When we arrived early our table was already ready and our waiter Dave welcomed us immediately. Dinner was great we had the Halibut special which was cooked perfectly and the best Seafood salad any one at the table has had before. Wine list was extensive with a heavy listing of Washington wines. We tend to like the bolder California Cabs but Dave helped us pick an exceptional Washington Meritage that went well with dinner. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint intimate gourmet & expensiveahdiiiVIPDined on 2/19/2014We had a very nice experience, a very interesting menu, however some of the items were not on hand the night we were there. We absolutely LOVED the bread the chef makes in house, it is WORLD CLASS QUALITY ! Small very eclectic menu with very uncomfortable chairs. We left sooner than we would have if it had been more comfortable. Otherwise the staff and food were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for an occasionSatisfiedDined on 10/25/2013Small yet comfortable venue provided for a great anniversary dinner with my wife. The wait staff is exceptionally friendly and certainly offered some local input as to places to spend some time. The food was outstanding, until you look at the price. The price being a bit excessive for the quality of the food, however considering the location and the intimate setting it evens out. I personally recommend going in for dinner between 5:00 and 5:45 for the Chef's Tasting which runs $70 for whatever the special of the dayis. It get's you dinner for 2, a bottle of wine, and a dessert. Well worth the expense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable meal, just wishjoehDined on 10/9/2013Enjoyable meal, just wish they had more wines by the glassSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local find!TeriDined on 10/5/2013We had a wonderful dining experience at Coho and only had to wait 5 minutes for our reserved table (we were early!) and from then on, felt like we really mattered - the service, the recommendations of which dinner choices fit my likes better, the pace of the dinner was quite pleasant - overall a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cozy charmJLFDDined on 9/20/2013This is a cute restaurant nicely decorated in a quaint house. The staff is outstanding as they are super friendly. The menu is limited but all the food was very good. Be sure to have reservations as it is very popular.Special Features:
- Great eveninglindsaysarahVIPDined on 8/30/2013Loved coho restaurant. Our server, who also happened to be the owner, was extremely helpful navigating the menu, particularly the wine. Every course of the meal was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find.KathyBDined on 8/20/2013Committed owner, attentive servers, excellent food make for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2013Went there for my partner's Birthday celebration, which was noted on the reservation. No mention of the event celebration by any of the staff. Overall would describe the service as indifferent. Kitchen seemed backed up. The food concepts were good but not everything was executed well. Quinoa cake was oily and slightly burned. Fish was overcooked, and had too much lemon juice. A female servers assistant was extremely cheerful and pleasant.
- this is probably the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2013this is probably the best restaurant on the Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now that they have startedcommonsenseDined on 3/2/2013Now that they have started taking reservations, I like it a lot more. It used to be that you had to stand in a very drafty entryway to wait. We've taken grandkids there manytimes and they can always find something they likeSpecial Features:
- My husband and I went to CohoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012My husband and I went to Coho for our 10-year wedding anniversary. The food and the service was exceptional. Best caprese salad I've ever had in my life. Everything we ate was amazing. It was the perfect spot for our occasion.Special Features:
- In an area I consider to beKarenonbainbridgeislandDined on 8/28/2012In an area I consider to be quite "out-of-the-way" this restaurant simply astounds me...the food is so good. We have dined at COHO twice. The first time, we were very surprised how good it was. The second time, we were thrilled it was as good, perhaps even better, than the first time. I enjoyed the most delicious tomato/mozzarella salad I've ever had at COHO. We highly recommend it to anyone visiting San Juan Island. Don't even bother eating anywhere else.Special Features:
- NoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2012Watch out. Although I had a confired reservation I was called hours later and told there was no seats.
- I intended to rate the ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/17/2012I intended to rate the ambience as outstanding but it would not "stick."Special Features:
- Dinner was very good and wellOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2012Dinner was very good and well presented. Wine list had some special favorites.Special Features:
- Great find for foodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2012Terrific find in Friday Harbor. We are visiting from LA and found Coho to have the best food we experienced of the week.Special Features:
- Good, Local FoodDharmaDaveVIPDined on 6/27/2012This small, intimate restaurant serves locally-sourced food when available. The food is well-prepared, well-served, and nice flavor.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in Friday HarborOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/22/2012Owners add a really nice touch to the experience with their friendliness.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed Everything;OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2012Really enjoyed Everything; Best food & done in style! Every dish was to die for.Special Features:
- The food was delicious, andOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/1/2011The food was delicious, and the service really was outstanding. We were happy to take advantage of their prix fixe menu—both of us ate three courses with wine—for $70. I'd certainly recommend Coho to friends!Special Features:
- We were very surprised...IKarenonbainbridgeislandDined on 9/22/2011We were very surprised...I don't think San Juan Island is know for it's great food, but our meals were both memorably good. We would definetly go back here. Everything we tried was really good. It's a small place, but nicely appointed...very nice dining experience.Special Features:
- A very warm and charming placeechefDined on 9/20/2011A very warm and charming place presumably run by husband and wife. This cute cottage style restaurant is a converted house so the charm is definitely there. The food came in succession and was nice and hot. We decided to dress up a bit but a nice collard shirt with jeans would be fine. Super cute and inviting...would definitely go back the next time I'm in town.Special Features: