11130 Willow Bottom Drive
Columbia, MD 21044Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thecohogrill.com/
- Phone: 4107402096
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Culinary Team
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact for details.
- Private Party Contact: Ellie Ennis 4107402096
A word from Coho Grill
The Coho Grill located at the Hobbit's Glen Golf course in Columbia, offers warm inviting surroundings whether you choose to dine in the dining room, in the bar or on the covered patio overlooking the lush fairways. Specializing in Columbia's best jumbo lump crab cakes, Coho Grill offers a wide range of contemporary American cuisine prepared with local ingrediants wherever possible. This neighborhood restaurant has been a local favorite for over 20 years featuring aged steaks, pastas,seafood,creative salads and overstuffed burgers. The right combination of familiar ingrediants employed in creative ways, good service and friendly prices. Enjoy a cocktail at the bar, or a glass of wine outside underneath the trees or on our covered patio and watch the sun go down. A friendly and efficient staff is ready to serve you in our relaxed setting on the golf course.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Coho Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great farewell dining experienceHoCoEaterVIPDined on 10/23/2013Kudos to Coho for keeping staff together up to their last week and on a busy night before their one year closure for clubhouse and restaurant rebuild. Meatless stuffed red pepper with parmesan rosotto was tasty and filling as was another diner's shrimp rosotto. Bison burger was medium rare as requested, tender and juicy. Will miss the occasional evening with friends in the confines of a comfortable booth or outdoor table overlooking the tree-lined golf course. Hoping for Coho reopening on schedule in November 2014.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too bad...skierDined on 10/16/2013...that Coho will soon be closing for a year. It's a real gem with a varied menu, good preparation, and willingness to try new things. Fall seasonal menu especially good right now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful viewJKB0157VIPDined on 10/6/2013I was expecting the restaurant to be a little more upscale then it was. The cheap miss matched plastic outdoor furniture was not expected for the location. On the other hand the ability to sit outdoors on the golf cource was great and the food was very good. The crab cakes are outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We adore the CoHo GrillColumbiaCathyVIPDined on 10/5/2013We've been coming to CoHo for almost 10 years. The food is consistently good, that atmosphere is relaxing. CoHo will be closing on 10/25 for an extensive renovation to the building. We will be very sorry to see the present building go, but are hopeful the CoHo will be even better. Cathy DSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to Eat!!Britt2808Dined on 9/28/2013When we arrived at the restuarant we were a little confused because it seemed out of place in the middle of a residential area. However, once we were inside the staff was very polite and attentive to our needs. There was not many people at the resturant, which seemed very weird because the food is phenonmenal!! Everything that was hot and fresh and prepared well. I look forward to coming back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View - Bland FoodDinerDined on 9/5/2013We've eaten here before and remembered a higher quality of food than we had this time. The crab cake is more of the 'deviled' variety and the shrimp risotto was rather tasteless with overcooked shrimp. That being said, the view of the golf course was lovely.Special Features:
- DelightfuldnrbunchDined on 8/18/2013We sat outside on the patio the view of the garden and golf course is beautiful. Our service was friendly and attentive. We were able to relax and dine without being hurried out. The Crabby green tomatoes was excellant and the salads are huge. Will most certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Menu - Terrible ExecutionBaltimoreSandTVIPDined on 8/3/2013We were lured to Coho Grill by their enticing Restaurant Week menu. I sent back the asparagus fries which were inedible. (They still contained the white ends and could not be chewed.) The caprese salad used hard grape tomatoes and hard mozzerella balls. The tomato went flying when he tried to cut it. The food was under-seasoned. I could not detect any salt or pepper in the veggies. My husbands eggplant was hard and tasted like vinegar. The peach bread pudding had no peach flavor. In addition, the table felt sticky. The waitress was very sweet and re-washed it, but she explained it might just be the finish on the table. Obviously, it is time for the restaurant to update their decor.
- We went for restaurant week.MickeyzebraDined on 8/2/2013We went for restaurant week. We both hated our salads. The watermelon feta and caprese salad were both drenched in oil. Not oil and vinegar or salad dressing but plain oil. The roasted pepper risotto was good and we both enjoyed our dessert. What made our dinner the worst was the lack of service. Our waitress never told us her name. Then came over after a few minutes and asked do you know what you want yet? Refills were requested but not delivered. We felt like we were were an inconvenience. I will not return to a place where I don't feel welcome. I can get better food and service elsewhere.
- Relaxing with good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2013CoHo Grill is a wonderfully relaxing place to dine! It is low key and stress with consistently good food.Special Features:
- Very Good Golf Club restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2013This was our first time for dinner. Smallish restaurant at a golf course with large windows giving a pretty view of a very green landscape. The food was good to very good, not great haute cuisine. We had the restaurant week special, 2 of us had very good crab cakes and two of us had the petit filet. The appetizer soup of the day was very good, the deviled eggs just OK. Salads were interesting and very good. One of the filets was done correctly, the other was a bit overdone for medium rare. An appropriate but minimalist wine list. We had an OK Cabernet, one of the less expensive. They generally ranged from mid $20s to mid $40s. Service was excellent, attentive and not rushed. Overall cost was reasonable. All in all, a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistant...RobinVIPDined on 7/21/2013Coho Grill is a casual "19th hole" restaurant and each time we've been it's been great food. It's good for larger parties as well if you want a relaxed atmosphere to talk, laugh and enjoy the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Air conditioningM227Dined on 7/19/2013Unfortunately we went on a day the air conditioning was broke. We had to ak hostess to turn fans on. No one apologized or offered to move us to the bar area where we later learned was cooler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch reviewetsaotrgVIPDined on 7/13/2013Took the family there for lunch and was not impressed. Decor was quite dated. Food was average. The turkey burger was on the dry side. While the crabcake did have a lot of lump meat with little filler, it was under-seasoned. I guess all the rave reviews this place got was from the dinner menu.
- Great food at golf clubOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 7/5/2013All three meals were delicious. The Cornbread Scallops and spinach risotto; Chicken Chesapeake stuffed with our Jumbo Lump Crab over risotto; and Filey Medallions were all better than we eater at pricer resturances. I would highly recommend dinning at COHO.Special Features:
- Food was marginal at best.GoodFoodDined on 6/22/2013Food was marginal at best. Had a Bruschetta appetizer. Came on a french roll. Never had seen that before. Do not recommend.Special Features:
- First time visit, but not our lastOut2DineDined on 6/7/2013This was our first time dining here, I thought we should try something new. We have been getting tired of the same old same old and chain restaurants in Columbia. It was nice to go to dinner and not have to wait for a table for a change. We were the only people at first and it was quiet, servicer was very attentive, and the food was well prepared and delicious. We would definitely return. I will say that we were the youngest people there when we left the dining room was full of people about 55-60 plus years old. Not sure I that is the usual clientele or just early birds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time, but could be betterMackmagicianDined on 5/19/2013Overall I had a good birthday dinner there. The food was delicious and the portions were good. The only complaint I had was that it took a while for us to get the bill taken care of at the end. I had to go find the waitress and she said she was busy at another table. Other than that, I thought the service was satisfactory. I'd only go back for the 1,000-point reservations though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Four!PhleeVIPDined on 5/17/2013Great location being on the golf course at club house. Service was a bit tired and run ragged after serving a large party of high school grads just before we arrived. The seafood pasta special was very good as were the littleneck clams. Unfortunately we couldn't get a table outside....but still enjoyed the food and ambience on a lovely spring evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always worth it. I do suggestmaarmianVIPDined on 5/10/2013Always worth it. I do suggest one stays away from creamy sauces. They can often be to thick and goopy.Special Features:
- The service was excellent.JVSTDined on 5/5/2013The service was excellent. The food was quite good, though one quibble for me. I had the fried green tomatoes and crab cake. The crab cake was wonderful. I thought the batter on the tomatoes was too thick and they didn't have much taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We couldnt sit outside becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/27/2013We couldnt sit outside because of a large party. The main dining room was very noisy. Slow service at first but the server did pay attention to us. Food was good, nothing exceptional
- Coho is always good, and thislcr11VIPDined on 4/24/2013Coho is always good, and this night was no exception.Special Features:
- Consistently good for pricemaarmianVIPDined on 4/21/2013Consistently good for price point. Great Martini's for the moneySpecial Features:
- server was outstanding, 1/2GreatServiceAtHarrysVIPDined on 4/13/2013server was outstanding, 1/2 price bottle of wine night was a big plusSpecial Features:
- As always, Coho was wonderful.KathyDined on 4/13/2013As always, Coho was wonderful. Service/food/presentation/selection -- super!Special Features:
- We had a very good meal.Iris4914Dined on 3/29/2013We had a very good meal. Most of us ordered crab cakes, and they were delicious. We were all too full to have dessert!I would go back. It's an excellent informal restaurant on a beautiful golf course.Special Features:
- Good food, good service, consistentColumbiaCathyVIPDined on 3/27/2013We love the CoHo Grill. You normally can always get a table ( though I always use OpenTable). The staff are attentive and the food is always good. 1/2 price wine night is on a Saturday too! We love dining here!Special Features:
- We always enjoy our mealsSmartDinerDined on 3/16/2013We always enjoy our meals at Coho's. They have the best crab cakes in the area. And their half-price burgers on Tuesdays are scrumptious.Special Features:
- Coho Grill is very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013A great neighborhood restaurant at the golf course. Burger night on Tuesday is not to be missed.Special Features:
- They do it right!frequentdinerDined on 3/8/2013They have the best crabcakes! We also had the prime rib and filet mignon. Fantastic!Special Features:
- Reliable...DexiesmomDined on 3/2/2013Family oriented local spot in much need of planned refurb. Theme night oriented. Decent food for the price.Special Features:
- Coho GrillDinerVIPDined on 2/23/2013Food is well thought out, well prepared,hot on arrival and consistently good on the several occasions of our dining there. A true Columbia, MD neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- We booked our table for 9OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 2/17/2013We booked our table for 9 here on the same day we dined. They accommodated our large group including one baby and one elementary age flawlessly. Some of our party ran late but our waiter patiently took care of us with drinks and bread until they arrived. The food was excellent. I personally had the fried green tomatoes with crab cake which was excellent. My husband had the stew which he said was wonderful and we were both drooling looking at my sons cajun shrimp mac n cheese. I would go back!!Special Features:
- My friends and I enjoyed it!LisaDined on 2/15/2013My friends and I enjoyed it! My food wasn't amazing but it was good and we all left happy.Special Features:
- We were a group 5 adults,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/10/2013We were a group 5 adults, an infant and a toddler. All except the infant ate. All enjoyed their food.Special Features:
- Good service, moderately pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013Good service, moderately priced for great food. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Terrible Wait StaffPaulineDined on 1/27/2013Nice atmosphere. Good aspargas appetizer, but the salad came out when I was only a quarter done, then my entree came out when I was just starting my salad. The waiter took our plates back to the kitchen. One minute later the manager brought our plates back to the table with a "didn't want these to get cold." When I pushed my salad to the side to make room for my entree plate, the waiter took it away! We probably won't go back until we hear that the wait staff has been trained properly.
- Would not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013We went for restaurant week. We were seated right away, which was nice. Once we were seated, we did not receive bread, as everone around us had a basket of bread. The first course came out very quickly. However, we felt extremely rushed during our meal as the other courses came out very quick as well. We received our desert while our dinner was still on the table. Our entree continued to sit on the table until after we paid the check. Several servers and even a manager passed our table several times, looked at the plates and did not remove them. Not one person asked us how our meal was after we finished. We finished a 4-course meal in an hour. We will not be going back.
- Great find....didn't realizeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/20/2013Great find....didn't realize The CoHo Grill has been hear for so long....it was quiet, could be romantic, located on the golf course, food was good, service great and ambiance friendly and nice....would definately eat there again....Special Features: