Coho Cafe - Redmond
8976 161st Ave. NE
Redmond, WA 98052Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
Coho Cafe - Redmond
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cohocafe.com/
- Phone: (425) 885-2646
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: Su-Th 3:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 3:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Robin Uyeda
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Coho Cafe - Redmond
The Coho Café provides a warm and comfortable environment, with genuine service that demonstrates how much we care about your experience. Our menu is designed to create exciting and affordably priced dishes emphasizing Pacific-Northwest seafood, Southwest and Pan Asian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Coho Cafe - Redmond - Best Restaurants in Redmond ›
Coho Cafe - Redmond reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (12)great for outdoor dining (9)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (3)fit for foodies (3)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)romantic (2)Show More
- Fish Taco's Don't waste your $Luv2wineanddineDined on 11/6/2014For being a seafood restaurant I expected STELLAR Seafood Tacos, what I got was a nasty tasting /probably freezer burnt no flavored fish in a bed of flavorless cabbage not dressed slaw in dry old tasting flour tortilla. This Kitchen should learn how to cook fresh. Prep fresh slaw, season the food. Not good. Service was good. Fish Tacos were Fair borderline poor.
- Miss Items frm Prior MenusOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/1/2014We used to go to Coho all the time, but slowly our favorites have fallen off the menu. Now we have to call ahead to see what's on the specials sheet to decide whether or not to go. I miss the old Coho.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Minor MishapsFriendlyFFFDined on 11/1/2014Our reservations were ready when expected, but we'd specifically requested a booth when making our Open Table reservations; we were taken to a table, but when asked, the hostess was able to find the last unoccupied booth for us. Also, our waitress did not seem to understand what gluten-free was; one of our party asked for a gluten-free entrée, and was told that it only had cheese on it (which has nothing to do with gluten-free). However, the food was excellent, and the price reasonable. Overall, a very good experience, and one we hope to enjoy again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014I took five business associates to lunch. The server was excellent and so was the food. My biggest reluctance to bring folks to your café is the noise level. It is probably the noisiest restaurant in the area. I was lucky that we were seated in the corner, because it allowed us to have good conversations, although I know I missed some conversation because of the noise. I do have good hearing, BTW. Otherwise I really like the menu and the service.Special Features:
- Great for big partiesfamilyof4Dined on 10/19/2014We celebrated a birthday with a party of 14. Coho was wonderful. We recommend it and plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick, deliciouskimberlDined on 10/15/2014We decided to go to Coho before a movie the other night and weren't sure if we would be cutting the time too close but service was great and food came out very quickly. We were also able to buy discounted movie tickets to our show which was a great bonus. ;) I do wish that they would offer nutrition information on their menu so that as I am trying to eat better I could be aware of the calories on each dish. Overall a great evening out.Special Features:
- Great Service, Professional TeamLunchwithDaveDined on 10/7/2014We have been to Coho's several times and find your restaurant a pleasure to visit. We had a group of 15 and no complaints. Thank You we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch SpotBarbDined on 8/22/2014Met a friend for lunch, we both really enjoyed our meals. Choice of indoor or outdoor. Noisy when the restaurant is full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 66 reviews are from the Coho Cafe - Redmond reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2014Service was excellent, the wait person was polite despite part of our group was running late. Food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/22/2014Always a good meal at Coho Cafe. Try the waffles appetizer next time you go there!I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was whelmed...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014It was okay. First, we were seated in the outdoor patio area which was nice but even though there were open tables around us we were placed right next to the outdoor exit so people kept walking right past us and left a wide gate open which was rather distracting. I got the chinese chicken salad and although the texture was amazing it was somewhat bland tasting. Not a great experience but not bad either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had just a wonderful timeTipsyMcSwaggerDined on 6/30/2014I decided to come in on a Monday with a group of eight. I should have made reservations further in advance because for a Monday it seemed pretty busy. Still, we were seated in a reasonable amount of time (in an area that seemed to be closed) but I don't think our group would fit anywhere else. I could see the server (Rachel) was able to take care of all our needs even though it looked like we were far from where she was working. It was a great experience and everyone loved the food and were happy to see Mac n Jacks on tap. Thanks to "Shabro" for the after meal coffee drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy Hour FoodDuckyfoodDined on 6/28/2014Coho's is a very good place to come for lunch or dinner. We like to come there for their Happy Hour. The bar food is great. The Firey Shrimp is to die for! We do wish they would bring back the spinach-artichoke dip. It was wonderful but it was taken off the menu. The staff are always very nice and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Food Used to be good hereFrequentDinerDined on 6/28/2014This used to have flavorful food. No More. My wife comment says it all, "Well that takes Coho's off the list."Special Features:
- friend lunchsandy74Dined on 6/17/2014Met a friend here for lunch and visit. we both had salads - chinese chicken and civeche. Both were excellent. Shared lava cake - super yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good Foodgood4alloccasionsDined on 6/16/2014I had made reservations for 5 but we ended up with 6. Luckily we were seated at a nice size table and easily accommodated one more person. The food was excellent, the service was very good and we were able to take our time t relax, eat and it was overall a good time. We will definitely be coming back again. It is also nice that we were not rushed. We do appreciate that as well.Special Features:
- Favorite dish, but...FoodJunkieDined on 6/15/2014I love Coho. It has my favorite chicken curry, and my husband loves their take on Korean BBQ. However their portions on things like Salmon are very small for the price. I took my father there for Father's Day, he ordered salmon that came to him over a small bed of rice. There were no other sides. His portion that was double the price of my chicken curry was half the size. My mother ordered chicken strips that tasted like fish, which I'm assuming is because they were fried in the same oil as the fish. I have always had a good experience at Coho, but this time I was disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good.dinnoutexpDined on 6/15/2014Food was good, but took forever, we wait more than 45 min to get our food. The place was very noise, I dont know if was because we were 4 adults sitting between tables with so many kids. The service good.Special Features:
- Great seafoodDiningdivaDined on 6/14/2014The seafood dishes are all wonderful - I would avoid the prime rib, and I have never tried a steak dish here.Special Features:
- Great for Our Large GroupAreaResidentDined on 6/8/2014We had a group of 18, mixed ages, some vegetarian, some kids, for dinner. Everyone found something that worked for them. Special requests were cheerfully accommodated. Service was fast; all entrees were served at once. Several people said they intended to go back soon.Special Features:
- Wonderful place to dineRedmondResidentDined on 6/7/2014Wonderful food and great service. The seafood here is fresh and the price is reasonable. Great for group gathering and catch up with others.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Waiter was either new and figuring things out, or he isn't cut out to be a waiter. Service was very slow, but there were empty tables around, so it's not like they were over-busy. Maybe understaffed? Food was ok, but cost more than it was worth and service portion was skimpy. I only saw 1 or 2 seafood entree choices that I found appealing. My son didn't like his hamburger, complaining that it was "too squishy". I've never heard him complain about a hamburger - ever. A lackluster experience. I think we'll be dining elsewhere.
- localcoupleDined on 5/17/2014Apple wood prime rib was a thick and juicy cut. Very good. Chimmichuri flat iron steak with roasted polenta was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best food everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014What a wonderful dinning experience! Every dish,all service extended made my mother,s day party a five star experience. Thank you Coho Cafe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an excellent mealLmommy1Dined on 5/11/2014Salmon was delicious, always something for everyone in the menu. Great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing Mothers DayPatriciaRDined on 5/11/2014Restaurant was quiet and not busy which was very nice. But the meal itself was extremely disappointing. One steak - ordered medium - arrived raw in the middle. Both salmons were uncooked in the center. The salmon was sent back and was returned just fine, but the steak was still uncooked. It was returned again and still unevenly cooked with some parts still raw. The rest was tough and not edible. We have been at Coho numerous times and it has been one of our favorite places. But this time, the afternoon and occasion were ruined. The steak was removed from our bill and we were given 3 desserts for free, which we appreciated. But a new steak, cooked as ordered, would have been more acceptable after the second returning to the kitchen.
- Coho never disapointsdebdeeDined on 5/11/2014Dined her for mother's Day brunch. staff was excellent at managing the large crowd of diners. Very nice menu choices for this special day. Although I had to go with my all time favorite...pit roasted salmon..others enjoyed the deliciou quiche.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy Mother's dayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014The staff was able to keep up with the heavy flow for the day. The menu is average.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2014The food was good as always, but it was disappointing that even though we made a reservation in advance, they still made us wait almost 30 minutes. Reservation means nothing here evidently.
- Early Saturday night dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Took my young adult boys to dinner, great menu, great service, will return!Special Features:
- Solid, local comfort foodMisterwoogyDined on 5/8/2014Nice neighborhood place, no pretense, and good comfort food. Fish and chips were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, convenient locationOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/25/2014Good food, nice options & convenient location. Never disappointed and hard to beat.
- Wonderful experience!Elff88VIPDined on 4/23/2014The food is always prepared to perfection with amazing flavors and textures. I especially love the pit-roasted salmon with the creamy polenta and veggies. The crab and shrimp/avocado tower is delicious! I also love your tropical ice tea! The servers are always good and usually friendly, and the meals are delivered promptly. The hot food is served on hot plates which always gives a restaurant extra points. I like the ambience and always feel comfortable dining there even if I'm dining alone. The bar area is really nice too. The chocolate molten cake with ice cream is my favorite dessert - I can tell you use quality chocolate because it tastes extra decadent. Love it.Special Features:
- Amazing flavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/22/2014The menu at Coho Cafe offers such a delicious selection of entres, from spicy to sweet and many choices in between.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for familyPaulDined on 4/18/2014The menu has a variety of items, not just seafood. But the seafood is good and they always have fresh wild fish in season. I think they should change the featured menu a little more often. The staff are very friendly.Special Features:
- Kenn J. rocked it!Random10topDined on 4/5/2014I had made a completely last minute reservation for 10 people after our initial plans fell through and I had no idea what to expect. We were celebrating a 25th birthday, two promotions and having a bit of a reunion as well, but I didn't have time to notify a new restaurant. I could not have been more impressed with our server, Kenn J. He was attentive and had patience with us as we settled in and started focusing on food instead of each other. There was always someone close by to help us order more food or wine and I felt like I could relax and enjoy myself. Then! At the end of the meal, Kenn had paid attention to which couples were together and split up the checks accordingly. Thank you so much for making the night pleasant for our group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luncheon reviewKateDined on 4/3/2014I always enjoy Coho's but this was a special occasion for a friend's baby shower and we had a perfect table by the fireplace, it was fairly quiet and we could talk and hear each other. The food was delicious and everyone enjoyed the entire luncheon very much. Thank for making the dining experience at Coho's so wonderful with the friendly and accommodating staff. I look forward very much to dining there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Dinner Very LoudLaurenDined on 3/28/2014Food was good, Wine list included two bottles that were not available, but listed as "Special of the Month" which was very disappointing. The noise level was too loud for us to carry on any sort of conversation around our table. Our conversations were essentially limited to our companions on our right and left. Otherwise it would have been necessary to raise our voices; thereby including other diners which would have impaired their dining experience(s). Our party left having not discussed what we intended to accomplish during our evening together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local favorite that I goOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014A local favorite that I go back to time and time again. Plus they have a good menu which suites a variety of tastes / food preferences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot, Hot, Hot.RayBVIPDined on 3/19/2014$ of us were there for unch. The service was slow and once served was no longer seen. I had the soup of the day which was a vegetable soup and it was so over spiced that it made my mouth burn. I also had to ask for crackers. The hamburger was OK which for what the price is, should have been a great one. I don't think we will go there again.