Coho Cafe - Issaquah
6130 E Lake Sammamish Pkwy SE
Issaquah, WA 98029Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
Coho Cafe - Issaquah
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cohocafe.com/
- Phone: 4253914040
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-Su 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Su-Th 4:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: F-sa 4:00pm-9:30pm
Brunch: Su 11:00am-2:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Seafood, Pan-Asian, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Bruce Nacion
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Coho Cafe - Issaquah
We are a neighborhood restaurant that specializes in New American style cuisine. Our menu features fusion dishes from the Northwest, Southwest and Pacific rim regions. Our chef is Hawaiian and you will see his heritage and cultural influences throughout our consistently changing fresh sheets.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Coho Cafe - Issaquah - Best Restaurants in Issaquah ›
Coho Cafe - Issaquah reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (10)good for groups (9)great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (8)kid-friendly (5)fit for foodies (5)great for brunch (4)special occasion (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great food. Too noisy.luvsfoodDined on 8/17/2014There were five of us. I requested specific seating and they had it all ready to go. The cafe was full and extremely noisy. We had to yell across the table at one another and then could barely hear. Our server was very nice and was quick to respond to requested or orders, but was always dashing off before we could say anything. My husband and I thought the food was wonderful. We had elderly people with us and the noise was off putting to them. My husband and I will go back, but the other folks will not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical food/worst serviceDrKoobVIPDined on 7/30/2014We live across the street from the Coho Cafe in Redmond. We have eaten there more than 100 times over the 15 years we have lived here. It's our neighborhood place. A friend in Renton wanted to meet us at the Issaquah Coho which is halfway between the two. Food was fine. I had my usual ceviche and my bride had the chicken tacos. But the service was the worst we have ever had at either Coho. Our server (nameless at this point) took 10 minutes to bring us water, another 10 to take our drink order, another 10 to bring the drinks, another 10 to take our order. We asked for separate checks, he brought one. We asked for two...again. It took another 10 minutes. And he was a blabbermouth. When he did come to the table he told his life story.Special Features:
- Out to lunchOut2eatDined on 7/21/2014Great lunch with picky eaters! Everyone was able to find something they could eat and enjoy from seafood chop chop salad ( excellent) to grilled chicken and fruit salad ( wonderful). A nice gluten free menu as well as wine and beer choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good experienceOutAndAboutDined on 7/12/2014The portions of our appetizers were pretty weak, given the price. However, we all enjoyed our main courses (pork chops, seafood fettuccine and the seafood grill) and those portions were reasonable for the price. The snickers dessert is really good.Special Features:
- Great Birthday Lunch!LuLuDined on 7/7/2014Took 2 good friends out to lunch for one of their birthdays. Had a lovely lunch; food was great, service was excellent, friendly, delightful. Gave the birthday girl her dessert for free. Very sweet. We all had a lovely time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieDined on 6/6/2014The salmon was great. Waitress had a great sense of humor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 19 reviews are from the Coho Cafe - Issaquah reviews archive.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Love this place, been going off and on for years and lately been going to Easter Brunch annually. I was bummed when they took the Kogi Egg Stack off the normal menu (this was a while ago, maybe it's back on now), they do it as a special such as on Easter Brunch... I would easily put it in the top ten meals I've ever had. When it comes out it looks small, but by the time it's gone it is incredibly filling and oh so scrumptious! Also, their Bloody Marry's are just fantastic!Special Features:
- Be clear on your spice level here!DukTapeDined on 4/12/2014We had coconut prawns and they were crispy on the outside and perfectly tender inside. On 2 dishes the spice level was warmer than what the server said it would be. The seafood bisque was too salty -- and it was to have sweet crab meat, shrimp and ling cod. I detected only the ling cod -- which was really nice and tender. Another time I ate here I had some fish dish that was absolutely wonderful. I'll go for that something like that next time instead of the bisque or anything that's called "spicy"; even if they ask how hot we want something, I just don't trust them anymore. And I will go back -- we just messed up on some choices this time, I think, and will give it another shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceTLCHDined on 4/7/2014have been to Coho Café numerous times with both family and business. It really is my "go to" place for a business lunch. Food is great and the staff is really what keeps bringing me back - friendly, prompt, polite and they never seemed rushed. Thank you and keep up the terrific work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood dinnerKathyDined on 3/20/2014I like to go to Coho Café for the King Salmon, you can order it to the doneness you want. I order mine medium rare and my vegetables medium well and that is how I get it, very delicious. My husband goes for his favorite which is fish and chips and enjoys them as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid lunch placeDamayVIPDined on 3/14/2014Had the seafood ceviche which was quite good. Had lunch by myself, and the waiter was very attentive.Special Features:
- good spot for fresh fishgdt1VIPDined on 3/5/2014This restaurant does a good job on preparing fish at a fair price. When you want to get away and a have a solid meal you will be satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant service but very noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/28/2014We made reservations on-line for a Friday evening, something most in the small waiting area apparently didn't do. To the audible dismay of several that were waiting to be seated, we were seated very quickly when we arrived. Little separates you from other diners in most seating areas. The food was good - had seafood fettuccini, my wife had the Prime rib special available on Fri / Sat nights. Service was very fast. The only major distraction was the noise- when this place is busy the background noise is deafening. Availability of reservations and very fast service make this a good choice before theater or movie plans. But not so much for a relaxing dinner out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nicely greeted. UsedMargieDined on 2/26/2014Very nicely greeted. Used coupon that had arrived in the mail, which was nice. The food was good.
- Horrible service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/4/2014When I arrived my server was way too busy chatting it up with the other servers to notice me. I tried waving a hand in the air to try to get some attention after waiting about 10 minutes for someone to come over and see if I wanted to order anything. Once I ordered, I could see my food (a couple of apps and an entree) sitting in the food window while my server was again too busy chatting with her buddies to notice that my food was ready. This was really frustrating since she was standing right next to the food window, and still didn't notice. I called her over and asked her if it was my food sitting there. She brought it to me, and I never saw her again. Had to order drink, and get check from another server walking by. Really?
- Nice brunch menuHRHBJWDined on 2/2/2014We dined the morning of Super Bowl Sunday so there were hardly any patrons. Therefore, the noise level was low. Probably would be moderate to high during busy dinner hours. Server was very attentive, offered to split one one order so we could share. Enjoyed the trout and the poke, both of which you normally don't find on other restaurant menus. Overall, we felt we got a good value. Will dine there again!Special Features:
- Seafood Bisque to Die ForLesmalchatgrisVIPDined on 1/31/2014I have been a fan of the Coho Cafe in Issaquah since it opened even though I do not live very cose anymore. I do however meet friends for lunch on business and always have the Seafood Bisque and Cesar Salad. A winning combination. The Seafood Bisque tastes better every time I have it. It is outstanding and a must to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coho Cafe - IssaquahSuzabelleDined on 1/12/2014Applewood grilled salmon, prawns and scallops were fantastic. Melt in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite of ours!HlbbDined on 1/10/2014& love this way of reservations- very easy! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly goodMinkVIPDined on 12/26/2013Coho Cafe serves pretty good food. I had forgotten about this restaurant and was surprised to discover the food quality better than I had a number of years ago. Nice variety of options; fusion food, seafood and appetizers. If you've forgotten about Coho, it's worth another try.Special Features:
- Great Christmas Eve Dinner TreatLynnDined on 12/24/2013This is the 3rd year we've dined here for Christmas Eve. The menu changes and is creative, but reasonably priced. We had the jalapeno poppers and harissa BBQ ribs for appetizers. They were delicious, but the serviing size is a lot smaller than in the past. My husband had the Hawaiian bento (salmon, chicken & teriyaki beef with jasmine rice topped with furikake and Hawaiiian style macaroni salad). He loved it.....very ono! I had the grilled salmon, scallps and prawns entree which was cooked perfectly. I didn't have the potatoes gratin and substituted the veggies instead, which were basic green beans. The green beans were just so-so...some were tough and stringy and they were not evenly cooked (some were bright and crisp, others overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for business lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/6/20132nd time there to hold cluent meetings, excellent service from door to check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliable, food is alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/1/2013Always reliable, food is always good, service is great . . . .Special Features:
- Nice local jointPJSeattleDined on 10/26/2013The food is never bad so we treat this as a neighborhood hangout. I wouldn't go out of my way to drive miles - but as a local place it's not too bad. I'm sure it's going to be facing big competition now that the restaurants in the Highlands have opened.Special Features:
- Good experienceLuigiDiMauiDined on 9/13/2013Went here with wife and daughter. All was ok, quick Service, good food. A very varied menú with interesting options. A good spot to come back and try different things. A Little noisy especially b/c it's a big place, but we were taken not in a rush. I recommend to make Reservations, we went without one and had to wait over 20 minutes to get a table.Special Features: