Code - Venice
80 Windward Ave.
Venice, CA 90291Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
Code - Venice
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.codevenice.com/
- Phone: 3103998811
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - close
Brunch & Lunch
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Californian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Jorge Valines
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Aileen 3103998811
A word from Code - Venice
code is the newest addition to the Venice Beach restaurant community. Executive Chef Jorge Valines creates an impressive array of California cuisine paired with artisan beers and wines. Enjoy our signature coconut curry mussels, or a mouth watering 1/2 pound burger and a short rib that cannot be forgotten. Join us Tuesday thru Sunday for Happy Hour from 5 to 7 pm. Champagne brunches are kicking off on Saturday and Sunday. Come and enjoy a bottomless mimosa. Reservations are recommended for dinner. Also available for private parties. See you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Code - Venice reviews from OpenTable diners
- Terrible host, waiter, food,maryVIPDined on 2/16/2013Terrible host, waiter, food, ambiance. limited menu. would never go back, when there are awesome restaurants on Abbot KInney!
- I was so excited when we wererlc4uscVIPDined on 2/2/2013I was so excited when we were treated so well at the start. But that was before it got busy, when we had to flag down our server, and their staff was very responsive with our request. The short rib wellington was great (though just warm not hot), but the risotto was cold. They did 'warm it up somehow' (no microwaves) but that was watery though very tasty. The apple crostada dessert was excellent. Overall it was a fun new find, and I'm glad we went there, but not sure I'd make the trip again.Special Features:
- Food is great and the serviceVeniceVIPDined on 1/20/2013Food is great and the service was wonderful. I'm not sure I like the television going since it is a little loud even though we went early on a Sunday. I would definitely go back, but early in the evening.
- Great food and a really niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/15/2013Great food and a really nice staff, definitely worth checking out!Special Features:
- Second time not a charm.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/12/2013Was so impressed the first time we came back as soon as we could. Last visit 5 stars all the way - this visit not so much. They insisted on leaving the doors open when it was 40 degrees outside and everyone was so cold it hurt. Second they packed everyone in like sardines even though the place was half full then proceeded to serve is 1-2-3 down the line. This resulted in us being last for everything. Finally the salted chicken was well done to the point it tasted reheated - like all the moisture had been removed. This we thought was wrong because we had this exact meal 2 weeks earlier. I was so impressed before I'd give it another chance but not in the winter if freezing your customers is an acceptable consequence of capturing 3-4 customersSpecial Features:
- More wine, less cheeseRazzaliciousDined on 12/28/2012I enjoyed my dinner at Code Venice, simply put it was good, not outstanding, but good. I enjoyed the mussels and brussel sprout dish and would order both again; however the cheese plate was not impressive, tiny bits of cheese with not much else. The wine selection is good and served in generous glasses, which is a plus. Our waiter was very friendly and accommodating of special requests, 2 thumbs up for him! Overall, I felt the staff was welcoming and the restaurant a nice, comfortable neighborhood spot to dine.Special Features:
- GET THE BRUSSEL SPROUTS DISHOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012GET THE BRUSSEL SPROUTS DISH & THE BEEF WELLINGTON !!!!Special Features:
- An excellent Venice localOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012An excellent Venice local spot. Don't even THINK about parking anywhere near this place on the weekends. Food is awesome, staff is competent and pleasing to the eye, and the room itself is just good to be in. Get a window seat to watch the parade of beach-goers trundling by...Special Features:
- Needs a night manager. I thinkpropertonyVIPDined on 12/7/2012Needs a night manager. I think someone said it best on Yelp when they stated "service is good when they pay attention."
- Bring your earplugs!OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 11/30/2012We weren't prepared for a Tavern Bar scene with loud music and louder clientele. While the food was excellent, it took 40 minutes after we ordered to receive steak frites and short ribs. We had to ask for the waiter, once we could get his attention,to check on our order. Conversation across the table was nearly impossible and we were crammed into seating like sardines in a can. Creative though short wine list. We may give it another try solely based on the kitchen but will avoid the weekend.Special Features: