1521 Hyde St.
San Francisco, CA 94109Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cocottesf.com/
- Phone: (415) 292-4415
- Hours of Operation:
tuesday to sunday 5:30pm - 10.00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, French
- Executive Chef: Mikael Audry
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Cocotte is also specialized in catering business. Call us to organize your next event.
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you are planning a Rehearsal dinner, a Wedding reception, a birthday party as well as a Corporate Event or a friendly get together for the coming Holidays, Cocotte is happy to welcome you in its warm and cozy main room where we can accommodate up to 50 seated guests.
- Private Party Contact: aurore martinez 8776857490
- Entertainment: Live music for French and American Holidays.
- Special Events: Cocotte, charming and cozy restaurant, is the perfect place to celebrate a special event. Please visit the "Private Dining" page for more details.
A word from Cocotte
Cocotte restaurant merges the timeless essence of the traditional French rotisserie with avant-garde flavors inspired by Califonia’s farm-fresh palate.
Cocotte restaurant merges the timeless essence of the traditional French rotisserie with avant-garde flavors inspired by Califonia’s farm-fresh palate.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cocotte reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (72)fit for foodies (55)romantic (39)special occasion (20)notable wine list (19)hot spot (7)good for groups (4)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Perfect date nightjyl29Dined on 6/4/2014Arguably one of the best picks available for Dining Around Town (i.e. restaurant week) - everything from the service, to the food was 5 stars!Special Features:
- The chicken is superbdineoftenDined on 5/31/2014The roast chicken is moist and flavorful. It is never overcooked. This restaurant is very busy. Their is a problem with too many selfish people lingering and chatting away while those with reservations wait to be seated. To Cocotte's credit, they do not rush diners out, nor should they. I hope that a bit of situational awareness can set in and diners will finish and leave. Let's have a little more lass, shall we?Special Features:
- Good food but Slow serviceKitchenPatrolVIPDined on 5/27/2014The food was great, but the service left something to be desired. The servers only pay attention to your table if you order at least two bottles of wine. It took close to 30 minutes to get anyone's attention to get the check while the only thing on our table was water. They never offered to grab us another glass of wine or even bring us a dessert menu. I would have stayed and ordered more food/drinks because the food was great, but I was worried that our dinner would have taken us over 3 hours if we asked for anything more. Really disappointed in the restaurant especially because I live so close to it and would have come back for seconds. I sadly don't think I will go back there :(Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/25/2014Nice little neighborhood spot, good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!dmwilsonDined on 5/24/2014Food was crazy good. Service was fantastic. Only downside is it's a Russian Hill restaurant, so it's a bit on the small side.Special Features:
- Great date restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014Great to split a half-chicken and some sides. A bit busy for the staff, waited a bit longer for the check afterwards. Great food and great prices. I'll be coming back here again.Special Features:
- Love this neighborhood spotmeganrehmVIPDined on 5/16/2014We live close by and love this restaurant for a quick and easy date night. Its small but cozy. It can get a little cramped but a good atmosphere. The roast chicken is always delicious and they have wonderful sides (cocottes). We've also tried the pork belly entree which was delicious and the butcher's cut steak. The service is friendly and overall a very great dining experience.Special Features:
- Cool placeMichDined on 5/13/2014We really enjoy this restaurant and the waiter was really nice. He was speaking french and very kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood gemMikeDined on 5/10/2014Such a romantic date spot with a great menu, authentic (native French) ambiance, and intelligent wine list. It's worth noting that it does get crowded on the weekend and so a reservation is recommended. Also, despite the table before us lingering later than expected, the hostess made up for the (short) wait with two glass of Kir Royale gratis! Great neighborhood bistro for a romantic date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional FrenchHappy2Dined on 5/3/2014Good French fair, complimentary wine list. Enjoyed a change from CA choices of wine. Nice spot in the neighbourhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!yummygalDined on 5/2/2014We ordered the butcher's cut and filet w/ marrow. Looking forward to coming back and trying their roasted chicken! The sides were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good EatsCuzicanDined on 5/2/2014First time at Cocotte. The food was good the service was good. It's a place that will become one of our go to restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinerVIPDined on 4/29/2014Newer, more interesting take on French than Chapeau or Fringale, which I find rather dated and worse, surprisingly non-seasonal.Special Features:
- Small Restaurant with Good EatsGirlSaysDoDined on 4/26/2014Took the bf for anniversary dinner- I read reviews that were favorable, and the menu sounded tasty. The food was really good.. We started with the duck appetizer; duck prepared in 3 different ways with bread/muffin- Great appetizer to start with. I got the beef wellington and asked for medium, but it looked more rare.. I can't eat it when it's that red, so I asked if they could cook it longer. The waiter took it back and brought back a whole new dish, cooked perfectly! I felt bad they tossed the old one.. but that was great service- very impressed. My boyfriend ordered the rabbit fettuccine and loved it. -seasoned well and very delicious. Dessert: rhubarb & strawberry crumble- tasty! Overall great & would come back. Note: Wine overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- well done all arounddineoftenDined on 4/25/2014roast chicken and brussel sprouts were superb. the chicken liver pate was a little too sweet, but otherwise very good.
- Comfy Weeknight HomeOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 4/22/2014Yummy chicken with sides that do not disappoint. I never eat the skin...until now. Great service and a solid wine selection including by the glass in a comfortable setting that will have you coming back for moreSpecial Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2014My girlfriend and I came in from San Diego for the weekend and this place was highly recommended. The chicken was absolutely amazing, it is a must order! The potatoes gratin was very good too, as was the wine. Overall a very enjoyable experience; this place is pretty small so make a reservation!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary worthyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2014I took my girlfriend here for our first date and it was a wonderful romantic dinner. I surprised her when we returned and the staff seated us at the same table a year prior. Even with a loud talking party next to us the waiter was extra attentive and the food was as exquisite as the first time we were there. I look forward to returning again.Special Features:
- Delicious Dinner!dineoutDined on 4/19/2014I took my husband to Cocotte for his birthday over the weekend. Everything we ate was outstanding! We split the smoked trout appetizer as well as the sea bass and chicken. The flavors were all unique and the preparation was not over done. The only down fall was there was a party of 8 while we were there, and because of the size of the restaurant, the noise level was pretty high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great valueMarilynnDined on 4/11/2014Although I knock off points for the place being packed and loud, this place is really a great neighborhood bistro. The Cocotte--the roast chicken-- is up there with Zuni. Good list of wine by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tres petitestyleVIPDined on 4/4/2014But big on service and a real feel for being in paris. No emphasis on decor, but all on food and service. Great chicken and A trio of sauces. The cocottes/sides are fabulous. Fun service. A terrific value. Charming...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the virge of greatnessfoodie1985Dined on 3/6/2014The food was excellent. The service was friendly and patient, but they forgot a couple things (more bread and wine).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great rotisserie chicken andFoodieVIPDined on 2/28/2014Great rotisserie chicken and side dishes and sauces. Go there for the roasted chicken to perfect ion,Special Features:
- Charming serviceEdieGVIPDined on 2/28/2014We were thrilled to capture the one tiny table for two in a secluded romantic corner. Gentlemen, this is the kind of table you use to pop the question! The service was personal and attentive without hovering . Classic bistro food without any fuss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FindMartinezDined on 2/22/2014The food was just ok. The ambience was outstanding. The place has a warm and comfortable feeling about it. It could have been on the romantic side but the tables are way to close and the noise was just to much to check the "Romantic" box. Great potential. I would defenitly go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really enjoyed how engagedCristinaDined on 2/19/2014I really enjoyed how engaged the staff was. I also appreciate that when asked recommendations on wine they didn't say the most expensive bottle on the list. They were super helpful and helped make my birthday celebration special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely delicious mushroomLolaDined on 2/6/2014Absolutely delicious mushroom soup and delicious half chicken-so moist and flavorful! Wait person was excellent but bus person kept trying to clear our dinner plates everytime we'd put our silverware down-got to be annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2014Cocotte was perfect in every way: personal service, great food and lovely atmosphere. Truly a warm, cozy experience rarely found in SF! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Satisfied!BenitaDined on 1/31/2014Finally decided to visit this fairly new cafe in the neighborhood during "Dine About Town" the last weekend in January. The Osso Bucco was delicious, the meat fell off the bone as it should and the banana creme brûlée was the perfect ending. I can't wait to go back for Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprise on Saturday eveninggunner1310Dined on 1/25/2014This past saturday evening, the lady & I were in the city and were looking to take advantage of the dine about town deal. The only menu that honored the deal on Saturday night was this one, and we are definitely glad we came. Our waiter was very cordial and had a great attitude, and the food was amazing. The pre-fix menu had 3 courses: we first started with the chicken liver, which was very flavorful and served with a crunchy bread. Then came the duck confit, which came in a very large portion enough to share. Lastly, the banana creme brûlée was unique and had a nice refreshing taste to it as well. The waiter also recommended a nice German beer for me, and allowed my girlfriend to order a la carte off the menu. Twas a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food, fabulousPattiDined on 1/25/2014Incredible food, fabulous service, stylish decor. If I had only been able to hear and be heard across our table for two, it would have been a perfect 5 out of 5 for all categories. It is incredibly noisy and that is not pleasant.Special Features:
- Dine about townJen1020Dined on 1/24/2014Tried this restaurant for dine about town and noticed the menu was different when we showed up. I was hoping to try the short ribs, but it was no longer on the dine about town menu. Overall the food was ok, typical for what it was. There was a nice romantic feeling ambiance, but it was actually quite loud and lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food but terrible serviceKRoseSFDined on 1/24/2014The temptation of the regular dinner menu was too much to pass up during dine around town. I was blown away by the food prep, presentation and overall quality. However, I would never come back as we were practically rushed out the door. I understand that it was a weekend night and during down about town season, but there were several other two tops that were open! At one point, our waiter literally stood over us and checked his watch.
- CocotteDAT2012Dined on 1/18/2014The restaurant did not have a lot of floor space, so I felt very confined, almost claustrophobic tucked into my seating area. We asked if we could eat outside, since there were tables and chairs placed at the front of the restaurant outside, but we were informed that "we do not do that". The chicken liver parfait was extremely savory, I couldn't get enough of it. When we ran out of the toast that it came with, we started using the bread at our table to finish it off. Unfortunately, that filled me up so much that I couldn't finish off the tasty banana creme brulee at the end of the meal. In terms of the main course, it was a perfect balance of protein, carbs, and veggies (I ordered the Pork Shank with creamy polenta and brocolini).Special Features:
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/16/2014Waitress was rude and came by our table to rush us through dinner every 5 minutes, ruined the whole meal with her bad attitude. I would like to say it was just her but all the staff there was terrible. Go somewhere else, will never return!
- First time at CocotteOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/11/2014First time at Cocotte and thought it was charming! The food was delicious and didn't take forever to arrive even though the restaurant was busy. The atmosphere was cozy and intimate - was perfect for date night with my boyfriend, but also would be great for dining with friends or family. The restaurant is not very large so I would not recommend it for large parties. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 1/11/2014I love the chicken and the French wines by the glassSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First ClassdineoftenDined on 12/31/2013This was my second NY Eve at Cocotte. We were a little late, but the owner handled it well. The food was excellent. The waiter was a little harried and as a rsult a little abrupt perhaps, but warmed up as the evening evolved. I would consider making Cocotte a NY Eve tradition.Special Features:
- Food vs ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2013We came for dinner for on NYE. the food was great but service very bad. I had my mom visint from out of town and i wanted to have a nice dinner but now everytime she talks about it she just says..."we went to dinner" and that's it. which means was not the best experience for her. i dont think i will be coming back, there are plenty of other restaurants in the city where i can get great food and great service "combine"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Food and Friendly ServiceLimeyLizzieDined on 12/28/2013It was very crowded but our reservation was honoured quickly and we were seated at a lovely table in a nook with a curtain, so it was very romantic. We ordered the Moules Marinieres which were delicious, then I had half a chicken and my partner had the scallops on basil foam and we both were delighted, the chicken was so tender and flavourful as was the cauliflower side dish , we also ordered the fries which could have been a bit crisper but were very tasty. We had no room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.