110 Thompson St.
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cocotte-ny.com/
- Phone: 2129659100x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 12:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Basque, French
- Executive Chef: Sebastien Pourrat
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Cocotte
Cocotte is a South-West French restaurant with accents from the Basque Country and elsewhere. Focused on small plates that are easy to share and great wine of course...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Cocotte - Best Restaurants in SoHo ›
Cocotte reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (94)neighborhood gem (94)romantic (75)notable wine list (37)special occasion (29)hot spot (22)great for brunch (21)great for lunch (18)late-night find (14)good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Delicious brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/26/2014The food was delicious and our waiter was very helpful and attentive. I will return!Special Features:
- wonderful food w/great ambienceDeborahVIPDined on 10/25/2014the food was fantastic. great flavors, nice wine list and perfect portion size. the service was very good. nice intimate restaurant focused on quality. we will be back!!Special Features:
- Good food and serviceTeddygirl1Dined on 10/24/2014Food very good, service excellent and very attentive. Tables not as close as expected! Excellent value.Special Features:
- cozy with good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/21/2014I have eaten here several times, always for lunch. I must come back for dinner some time. Lunch menu is good; salad with hot goat cheese is my favorite. Lentils are excellent. I am not a vegetarian but I have never felt the need to eat a meat dish here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!!SunshineJDined on 10/20/2014Cocotte is one of the best French restaurant in NYC. This little cozy restaurant will serve you perfect food and service. Must go and enjoy!!!Special Features:
- A slice of Basque in NYCseriousfoodie11Dined on 10/19/2014Delicious, authentic food, great bellini, dessert and fantastic service.Special Features:
- Fantastique!Maxiliano11VIPDined on 10/18/2014Great find. My husband and I loved it! Super staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AliciaAliciaDined on 10/18/2014The waitress there was really friendly and helpful. The food was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cool spot in SohoeasymealinsohoDined on 10/12/2014Really enjoyed a wonderful meal. Staff were very accommodating to us with great service and an excellent direction with the menu. Great food, enjoyed every courseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingChelseaDined on 10/12/2014This restaurant was so amazing. The wait staff was so polite. They always held the door anytime anyone entered or exited the restaurant in-between waiting on tables. They were so kind and amicable. The food was AMAZING. I didn't want the meal to end! The restaurant is beautiful inside and very unique. I'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- The food is great but...gourmet101VIPDined on 10/11/2014The tables are very small and the space was tight. You can easily hit the waiter when you stretch and read how much other customers tip. The taste of the food almost can't make up for the jammed feeling during the whole meal... We live in Manhattan for many years and even in Manhattan standard the space was tight.Special Features:
- Delicious and authentic French fooddeincarnatedVIPDined on 10/10/2014Very inventive and authentic French food. Entire staff is French (and sometimes difficult to understand their English, but hardly an issue). Service was decent, but also very...French hahaha. Had a wonderful time, loved the food. Come hungry and ideally after a nice workout - you'll feel guilty after.Special Features:
- Un lugar fabulosoJuangrilloDined on 10/4/2014Cocotte fue la mejor experiencia de este viaje a NY con mi esposa. Es un sitio pequeño, sorprende si ambiente y decoración. Fuimos un sábado para brunch y el "Delicado de Serrano e Ideazabal" es simplemente espectacular. Los huevos con chorizo inmejorables y los jugos franceses deliciosos. Pero lo mejor es la atención cálida y amable de sus dos meseras francesas que nos hicieron pasar un rato memorable. Lo recomendaremos a ojo cerrado y volveremos en cada viaje a NYSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overbooked IOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/3/2014We had a 9:15 reservation and did not get seated until 11pm.
- Great Neighborhood FindTommyChardonnayVIPDined on 9/30/2014Cocotte might be my new go-to bistro after my other neighborhood favorite ended its welcoming BYOB policy. Cozy and comfortable atmosphere where you are made to feel at home; unintrustively on-point service. Foodwise, I found the cheese/charcuterie to be a bit overpriced for the portion. The mussels on special were fabulous and the beef and hake were very opposing dishes- great for contrast-and the cauliflower in bechamel was a hit. Enjoyed a fanatastic bottle of gamay- not cheap but very good value.Special Features:
- My new favorite restaurantyummyVIPDined on 9/30/2014I'm not sure when Cocotte opened but I've never heard of it before prior to coming across it on Open Table, doing a bit of cross reference and giving it a try. Wow. I loved everything about this place. Delicious, full flavored tapas. Small, intimate space. Friendly service. Absolutely will be back. It's been many years since I've been so excited to discover a new place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good at brunch, need to returnStuka123VIPDined on 9/28/2014I did like this place, simple mix type of French in the medium size portions. Missing that they don't have cocktails yet.
- Food and staff are so nice!suenycDined on 9/26/2014all food is so nice!! i want to visit here again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- escape from New YorkMikeDined on 9/23/2014This place is an amazing place that takes you away from ny. The owner and staff are super friendly and the food is great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!cflander7VIPDined on 9/22/2014Fantastic food! Absolutely loved it. My girlfriend, brother and mother were all blown away, as was I. The salmon carpaccio is a MUST eat.Special Features:
- WonderfulHungryAndThirstyVIPDined on 9/21/2014Cocotte is always wonderful. The food is incredible, the staff is friendly and legitimately helpful - I've never had a bad experience here. I love it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/13/2014Never had anything at Cocotte that wasn't wonderful. Despite the tight space and noise level, the exquisitely prepared food and especially the warm, welcoming and gregarious personality of the manager (owner?) make every visit to Cocotte memorable and feel like a celebration. One of my favorite restaurants in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagnefiqueEricMDined on 9/13/2014Excellent southern French/Basque cuisine. A short but solid wine list. Went with a party of four, and we had a number of the cocottes and all were excellent. A very small restaurant with a cozy feel but not claustrophobic. I'm sure they could seat more than four but I'm sure you would have to reserve farther in advance than for 2 or 4. The menu is tight and that is good. What they do, they do very well and the staff is very well acquainted with the menu. The cocottes (mini clay pots of a given dish, usually something braised) are great individually or to share.Special Features:
- Very small venueBrettVIPDined on 9/12/2014While the food was excellent, you should be prepared to sit at a table very near others. The room was too small as to be uncomfortable.
- Chic spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/11/2014Lovely atmospher, great service/staff who are super friendly and accomodating, really good menu and different. Very tight quarters but atmosphere and service helps to counterbalance..just wish the bustle didnt make it a little too frenetic and that the next guests werent cramped and practically standing on top of the tables waiting to be seated and your neighbors hear every single word of your conversation... Regardless, I would absolutely return.Special Features:
- French food in a relaxed atmospheredmf13Dined on 9/7/2014Small plate French/Basque food perfect for sharing. We enjoyed every dish but the duck was phenomenal, the hangar steak was perfectly cooked and the piperade was authentic. The service was attentive, we wanted a bottle of wine and we were given several sample tastes to help our decision. As we were leaving it was getting a little loud but we were able to easily converse the entire evening. We can't wait to try the brunch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tastyYuriDined on 9/1/2014Foods are pretty good. We had Cocotte hamburger and Egg benedict for brush both were fresh and tasty. Customers were mainly French, so it must be authentic. I will come back next time for the regular menu.Special Features:
- 3 for 3ScottishbrvhrtVIPDined on 8/30/2014Third time there visiting NY and owner remembered me. Even where we sat last time. Great service and even better food. It is small so might not work for a big group. Will be there every visit to NY. 3 visits 3 great meals including Xmas dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGChrisVIPDined on 8/30/2014What a find! And I am upset that I did not know about this place sooner because I was wasting time at other restaurants. The food was spectacular -- high quality, excellent flavors, interesting menu and the opposite of just another French place in Soho. I can't wait to go back. And the waitstaff was some of the friendliest that I have encountered in NYC and very knowledgeable and helpful. I have a few food allergy and they helped me to skate through the menu with multiple options. What a lovely dining experience!Special Features:
- Just fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Located in Soho, in the middle of a cozy neighborhood, this tiny little restaurant is an absolute gem! Food was exquisite and service was just outstanding. We chose the restaurant based on positive comments on OpenTable and can only confirm them. Thanks!Special Features:
- Can't wait to go backEJP1VIPDined on 8/27/2014The service was impeccable. We just went for drinks and apps and they brought us a complimentary bottle of wine for no reason at all! It was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic MealDanieCDined on 8/22/2014The restaurant is adorable and dark and very small. The waitstaff is very knowledgeable, friendly and fun. The food was simply spectacular. My friends and I ordered almost the entire menu and there wasn't a single dud dish. Would definitely go back for special occasions or small group get-togethers. Our group went from 3 to 6 at the last minute and they were very nice about it.Special Features:
- Great cozy place!ejbeltran21Dined on 8/16/2014Great food and environment! The staff was great and with a lot of energy. The somelier has a lot of knowledge and he speaks at least 3 languages.Special Features:
- Great place!tb82Dined on 8/15/2014Delicious food and great service in a really nice setting. What more can I say.Special Features:
- michaelriggioDined on 8/14/2014A quiet place with friendly service and great food. My girl friends new favorite restaurantSpecial Features:
- Delicious, snug, and enjoyablemichaelVIPDined on 8/8/2014Cocotte met our expectations from starters to dessert. The ingredients in our entrees were well balanced and very favorable. The service was unobtrusive, but readily in the vicinity to help and be informative. The emphasis on French/Basque regional cuisine was a enjoyable experience which made our taste buds WOW! We enjoyed it so, that we will return soon for another enjoyable meal/evening. Though Cocotte is rather snug and seating close together we adapted and enjoyed our dinners. It's worth a try for a different take on French regional cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French waiters are so handsomejenksnycVIPDined on 8/5/2014Cocotte had such wonderfully consistent reviews that we had to try it, even though I haven't particularly enjoyed basque food in the past. The service was impeccable - it never hurts that the waiters are French and hot. They were also friendly and knowledgeable. We ordered food from every part of the menu and shared it amongst the group of three. The food was delicious, but basque food is not for me. The flavors are very heavy. However, I would highly recommend this place to anyone, especially if you've never eaten basque food. Maybe it's just me (and it probably is considering all of the other rave reviews and packed house)Special Features:
- Delicious food!FlukeDined on 8/2/2014Went with my husband the other night and we had the salmon sashimi, canelloni with crab over gazpacho, lentils, hake, pork cheeks, and panacotta dessert. Everything was flavorful. THe lentils were good but out of what we tried our least favorite. The canelloni is not to be missed. So good! Would definitely recommend. The atmosphere was lively but seating was tight. Service was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/31/2014this place is a little slice of french heaven. Everything is fresh, delectable, and perfect in every way. The soup, the cocottes, the fit, all amazing. Highly recommended by a HUGEEEEE foodie. It's true when they say "great things come in small packages".Special Features:
- Intimate jewelWVillagerVIPDined on 7/29/2014Highly-engaged staff, committed to making you have a great experience. Tasty food, simple. Delicious use of white wine sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.