110 Thompson St.
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cocotte-ny.com/
- Phone: 2129659100x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 12:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Basque, French
- Executive Chef: Sebastien Pourrat
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Cocotte
Cocotte is a South-West French restaurant with accents from the Basque Country and elsewhere. Focused on small plates that are easy to share and great wine of course...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Cocotte - Best Restaurants in SoHo ›
Cocotte reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (84)fit for foodies (82)romantic (70)notable wine list (33)special occasion (27)great for brunch (22)great for lunch (19)hot spot (17)late-night find (14)good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Food and staff are so nice!suenycDined on 9/26/2014all food is so nice!! i want to visit here again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- escape from New YorkMikeDined on 9/23/2014This place is an amazing place that takes you away from ny. The owner and staff are super friendly and the food is great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!cflander7Dined on 9/22/2014Fantastic food! Absolutely loved it. My girlfriend, brother and mother were all blown away, as was I. The salmon carpaccio is a MUST eat.Special Features:
- WonderfulHungryAndThirstyVIPDined on 9/21/2014Cocotte is always wonderful. The food is incredible, the staff is friendly and legitimately helpful - I've never had a bad experience here. I love it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/13/2014Never had anything at Cocotte that wasn't wonderful. Despite the tight space and noise level, the exquisitely prepared food and especially the warm, welcoming and gregarious personality of the manager (owner?) make every visit to Cocotte memorable and feel like a celebration. One of my favorite restaurants in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagnefiqueEricMDined on 9/13/2014Excellent southern French/Basque cuisine. A short but solid wine list. Went with a party of four, and we had a number of the cocottes and all were excellent. A very small restaurant with a cozy feel but not claustrophobic. I'm sure they could seat more than four but I'm sure you would have to reserve farther in advance than for 2 or 4. The menu is tight and that is good. What they do, they do very well and the staff is very well acquainted with the menu. The cocottes (mini clay pots of a given dish, usually something braised) are great individually or to share.Special Features:
- Very small venueBrettVIPDined on 9/12/2014While the food was excellent, you should be prepared to sit at a table very near others. The room was too small as to be uncomfortable.
- Chic spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/11/2014Lovely atmospher, great service/staff who are super friendly and accomodating, really good menu and different. Very tight quarters but atmosphere and service helps to counterbalance..just wish the bustle didnt make it a little too frenetic and that the next guests werent cramped and practically standing on top of the tables waiting to be seated and your neighbors hear every single word of your conversation... Regardless, I would absolutely return.Special Features:
- French food in a relaxed atmospheredmf13Dined on 9/7/2014Small plate French/Basque food perfect for sharing. We enjoyed every dish but the duck was phenomenal, the hangar steak was perfectly cooked and the piperade was authentic. The service was attentive, we wanted a bottle of wine and we were given several sample tastes to help our decision. As we were leaving it was getting a little loud but we were able to easily converse the entire evening. We can't wait to try the brunch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tastyYuriDined on 9/1/2014Foods are pretty good. We had Cocotte hamburger and Egg benedict for brush both were fresh and tasty. Customers were mainly French, so it must be authentic. I will come back next time for the regular menu.Special Features:
- 3 for 3ScottishbrvhrtVIPDined on 8/30/2014Third time there visiting NY and owner remembered me. Even where we sat last time. Great service and even better food. It is small so might not work for a big group. Will be there every visit to NY. 3 visits 3 great meals including Xmas dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGChrisVIPDined on 8/30/2014What a find! And I am upset that I did not know about this place sooner because I was wasting time at other restaurants. The food was spectacular -- high quality, excellent flavors, interesting menu and the opposite of just another French place in Soho. I can't wait to go back. And the waitstaff was some of the friendliest that I have encountered in NYC and very knowledgeable and helpful. I have a few food allergy and they helped me to skate through the menu with multiple options. What a lovely dining experience!Special Features:
- Just fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Located in Soho, in the middle of a cozy neighborhood, this tiny little restaurant is an absolute gem! Food was exquisite and service was just outstanding. We chose the restaurant based on positive comments on OpenTable and can only confirm them. Thanks!Special Features:
- Can't wait to go backEJP1VIPDined on 8/27/2014The service was impeccable. We just went for drinks and apps and they brought us a complimentary bottle of wine for no reason at all! It was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic MealDanieCDined on 8/22/2014The restaurant is adorable and dark and very small. The waitstaff is very knowledgeable, friendly and fun. The food was simply spectacular. My friends and I ordered almost the entire menu and there wasn't a single dud dish. Would definitely go back for special occasions or small group get-togethers. Our group went from 3 to 6 at the last minute and they were very nice about it.Special Features:
- Great cozy place!ejbeltran21Dined on 8/16/2014Great food and environment! The staff was great and with a lot of energy. The somelier has a lot of knowledge and he speaks at least 3 languages.Special Features:
- Great place!tb82Dined on 8/15/2014Delicious food and great service in a really nice setting. What more can I say.Special Features:
- michaelriggioDined on 8/14/2014A quiet place with friendly service and great food. My girl friends new favorite restaurantSpecial Features:
- Delicious, snug, and enjoyablemichaelVIPDined on 8/8/2014Cocotte met our expectations from starters to dessert. The ingredients in our entrees were well balanced and very favorable. The service was unobtrusive, but readily in the vicinity to help and be informative. The emphasis on French/Basque regional cuisine was a enjoyable experience which made our taste buds WOW! We enjoyed it so, that we will return soon for another enjoyable meal/evening. Though Cocotte is rather snug and seating close together we adapted and enjoyed our dinners. It's worth a try for a different take on French regional cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French waiters are so handsomejenksnycVIPDined on 8/5/2014Cocotte had such wonderfully consistent reviews that we had to try it, even though I haven't particularly enjoyed basque food in the past. The service was impeccable - it never hurts that the waiters are French and hot. They were also friendly and knowledgeable. We ordered food from every part of the menu and shared it amongst the group of three. The food was delicious, but basque food is not for me. The flavors are very heavy. However, I would highly recommend this place to anyone, especially if you've never eaten basque food. Maybe it's just me (and it probably is considering all of the other rave reviews and packed house)Special Features:
- Delicious food!FlukeDined on 8/2/2014Went with my husband the other night and we had the salmon sashimi, canelloni with crab over gazpacho, lentils, hake, pork cheeks, and panacotta dessert. Everything was flavorful. THe lentils were good but out of what we tried our least favorite. The canelloni is not to be missed. So good! Would definitely recommend. The atmosphere was lively but seating was tight. Service was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/31/2014this place is a little slice of french heaven. Everything is fresh, delectable, and perfect in every way. The soup, the cocottes, the fit, all amazing. Highly recommended by a HUGEEEEE foodie. It's true when they say "great things come in small packages".Special Features:
- Intimate jewelWVillagerVIPDined on 7/29/2014Highly-engaged staff, committed to making you have a great experience. Tasty food, simple. Delicious use of white wine sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cocotte is a gemgjh10000VIPDined on 7/27/2014This was our second time here, the first having been in January. Both times, the service was impeccable. The previous night we had dined at Babbo, and while the food may have been a hair better at Babbo, the Cocotte food is nearly as good and the service so much better that the Cocotte experience is infinitely more pleasurable on the whole (not to mention a whole lot cheaper). Will definitely, without a doubt, be back on my next visit to New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Lovely food, wine and great service. I thoroughly recommend this charming atmospheric restaurant.Special Features:
- a pit stopStuckinthe70sVIPDined on 7/19/2014great find. out of nowhere is a small quaint restaurant. french bistro basics. portions are small and we left hungry despite attempts to overorder once we knew how small they were. however what came was delicious and well made. definitely a neighbourhood gem. worth a pit stopSpecial Features:
- Just gets better and betterDunkerbeck2VIPDined on 7/18/2014Our 6th time here. Nothing but praise. Fantastic and original food. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Fabulous food and ambienceLuvgdfdDined on 7/14/2014This restaurant was recommended to us and it did not disappoint. Great food and wine, friendly and helpful staff. We liked the small space but you will be sitting close to your neighbours.Special Features:
- RudyVIPDined on 7/13/2014Gato, Boqueria Soho, and Colcotte were fabulous....not necessarily in that orderySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!EvergreenDined on 7/13/2014The experience of the restaurant began beautifully with a warm greeting and ended perfectly! Staff friendly and attentive, very charming & helpful. Great wine advice and advance taste to be sure we loved it. The care taken to prepare and present each dish is very evident, as are superior ingredients. We shared four small plates, the ideal way to eat here. Mushrooms stuffed with chiorizo are a lovely combination. Al dente carrot salad with hint of cumin is delicious with just the right consistency. Cauliflower gratin fabulous with rich béchamel - good that it was a small plate! Chicken rolled with spinach - fantastic! Ended sharing a lemon tart with perfect, delicate crust and flavorful filling. Will return. Cocotte is a little gem!Special Features:
- Absolutely lovely!macnycVIPDined on 7/13/2014We went for brunch on the day of the World Cup final and had the place to ourselves (almost), which made for the most enjoyable, relaxed and delicious brunch with an old friend..... Otherwise, it seems to be normally quite popular and full. Food was delicious, inventive and sufficient (amaaaaaaaaazing cappucino with a one inch 'head' of foam above the cup). We will definitely return to try it at other times.Special Features:
- Good foodRjjrDined on 7/12/2014Waitress was a bit obnoxious, and probably simply too inexperienced. Food however was excellent.Special Features:
- ChuckDined on 7/12/2014Ate there twice in the last two weeks. On both trips it was a first rate experience. Excellent food and excellent service. Very friendly and relaxed environment.Special Features:
- Nice experience!ldbwlsVIPDined on 7/8/2014It was my first time dining at Cocotte without knowing exactly what kind of food they serve. The waiter was exceptionally nice explaining how they work and explained the menu. It was a mixture of french and spanish food so I liked all the dishes I ordered immediately. Each dish was quite small portioned like tapas but they also had options for main dishes which I eventually become so full! Dessert was so fresh and so good. We had a lemon tart and I had to finish it! Overall, it was a wonderful experience dining here and I would love to go back for lunch this time. I would also highly recommend this place to my friends and family.Special Features:
- Intimate Bistro; Great FoodDine11VIPDined on 7/8/2014Went after reading other favorable reviews and found that CoCotte exceeded expectations. Service was in the classic bistro style, no formality for formalities sake, but every measure taken to ensure that we enjoyed our meal. Wine list was short, but well chosen with good selections across price points and the leading European varietals and appellations. The food was delicious: French with Spanish influences. The room is small, but the atmosphere was great. Energetic, without overwhelming noise, and intimate in style. We will go again.Special Features:
- Delightful FindPeterVIPDined on 7/5/2014Pair a solid wine list with excellent meat and cheese plates and inventive salads and wrap it all up in fantastically romantic hideaway gem of a restaurant, and you have Cocette. Two visits, one for lunch and one for dinner. and each was wonderful. One of our new favorites.Special Features:
- Wonderful!mmcrVIPDined on 6/29/2014I love places like this that are a little bit off the radar, but oh so special in every way - the ambiance and decor, the sweet little touches, the menu selections and the food, the food, the food! We went for brunch and ordered several different things and everything was outstanding both in presentation and taste - OUTSTANDING! We can't wait to go back for dinner.Special Features:
- Bad choiceEdgardoDined on 6/28/2014The roulettes of canard really was a over cook duck crumbled instead a pate, the joules de porc tastes as beef and the cold cannelloni have a thick dough filled with crab swimming in gazpacho.If you want to share the moment with people seated in the small tables they offer very close to you, and eat in a very uncomfortable way, it is the resto yo go.
- Very GoodGoodVIPDined on 6/28/2014Nice, small modern style place with very friendly service and good food.Special Features:
- love that place!EatHereNowDined on 6/23/2014Cocotte has never fails to deliver great, and interesting, food with excellent service. I will continue to go back, time and again. I've recommended Cocotte to all of my friends.Special Features: