110 Thompson St.
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cocotte-ny.com/
- Phone: 2129659100x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 12:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Basque, French
- Executive Chef: Sebastien Pourrat
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Cocotte
Cocotte is a South-West French restaurant with accents from the Basque Country and elsewhere. Focused on small plates that are easy to share and great wine of course...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Cocotte - Best Restaurants in SoHo ›
Cocotte reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (73)fit for foodies (68)romantic (61)notable wine list (30)special occasion (28)great for brunch (17)late-night find (13)great for lunch (13)hot spot (11)good for groups (7)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Just fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Located in Soho, in the middle of a cozy neighborhood, this tiny little restaurant is an absolute gem! Food was exquisite and service was just outstanding. We chose the restaurant based on positive comments on OpenTable and can only confirm them. Thanks!Special Features:
- Can't wait to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/27/2014The service was impeccable. We just went for drinks and apps and they brought us a complimentary bottle of wine for no reason at all! It was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic MealDanieCDined on 8/22/2014The restaurant is adorable and dark and very small. The waitstaff is very knowledgeable, friendly and fun. The food was simply spectacular. My friends and I ordered almost the entire menu and there wasn't a single dud dish. Would definitely go back for special occasions or small group get-togethers. Our group went from 3 to 6 at the last minute and they were very nice about it.Special Features:
- Great cozy place!ejbeltran21Dined on 8/16/2014Great food and environment! The staff was great and with a lot of energy. The somelier has a lot of knowledge and he speaks at least 3 languages.Special Features:
- Great place!tb82Dined on 8/15/2014Delicious food and great service in a really nice setting. What more can I say.Special Features:
- michaelriggioDined on 8/14/2014A quiet place with friendly service and great food. My girl friends new favorite restaurantSpecial Features:
- Delicious, snug, and enjoyablemichaelVIPDined on 8/8/2014Cocotte met our expectations from starters to dessert. The ingredients in our entrees were well balanced and very favorable. The service was unobtrusive, but readily in the vicinity to help and be informative. The emphasis on French/Basque regional cuisine was a enjoyable experience which made our taste buds WOW! We enjoyed it so, that we will return soon for another enjoyable meal/evening. Though Cocotte is rather snug and seating close together we adapted and enjoyed our dinners. It's worth a try for a different take on French regional cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French waiters are so handsomeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/5/2014Cocotte had such wonderfully consistent reviews that we had to try it, even though I haven't particularly enjoyed basque food in the past. The service was impeccable - it never hurts that the waiters are French and hot. They were also friendly and knowledgeable. We ordered food from every part of the menu and shared it amongst the group of three. The food was delicious, but basque food is not for me. The flavors are very heavy. However, I would highly recommend this place to anyone, especially if you've never eaten basque food. Maybe it's just me (and it probably is considering all of the other rave reviews and packed house)Special Features:
- Delicious food!FlukeDined on 8/2/2014Went with my husband the other night and we had the salmon sashimi, canelloni with crab over gazpacho, lentils, hake, pork cheeks, and panacotta dessert. Everything was flavorful. THe lentils were good but out of what we tried our least favorite. The canelloni is not to be missed. So good! Would definitely recommend. The atmosphere was lively but seating was tight. Service was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/31/2014this place is a little slice of french heaven. Everything is fresh, delectable, and perfect in every way. The soup, the cocottes, the fit, all amazing. Highly recommended by a HUGEEEEE foodie. It's true when they say "great things come in small packages".Special Features:
- Intimate jewelWVillagerVIPDined on 7/29/2014Highly-engaged staff, committed to making you have a great experience. Tasty food, simple. Delicious use of white wine sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cocotte is a gemgjh10000VIPDined on 7/27/2014This was our second time here, the first having been in January. Both times, the service was impeccable. The previous night we had dined at Babbo, and while the food may have been a hair better at Babbo, the Cocotte food is nearly as good and the service so much better that the Cocotte experience is infinitely more pleasurable on the whole (not to mention a whole lot cheaper). Will definitely, without a doubt, be back on my next visit to New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Lovely food, wine and great service. I thoroughly recommend this charming atmospheric restaurant.Special Features:
- a pit stopStuckinthe70sVIPDined on 7/19/2014great find. out of nowhere is a small quaint restaurant. french bistro basics. portions are small and we left hungry despite attempts to overorder once we knew how small they were. however what came was delicious and well made. definitely a neighbourhood gem. worth a pit stopSpecial Features:
- Just gets better and betterDunkerbeck2VIPDined on 7/18/2014Our 6th time here. Nothing but praise. Fantastic and original food. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Fabulous food and ambienceLuvgdfdDined on 7/14/2014This restaurant was recommended to us and it did not disappoint. Great food and wine, friendly and helpful staff. We liked the small space but you will be sitting close to your neighbours.Special Features:
- RudyVIPDined on 7/13/2014Gato, Boqueria Soho, and Colcotte were fabulous....not necessarily in that orderySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!EvergreenDined on 7/13/2014The experience of the restaurant began beautifully with a warm greeting and ended perfectly! Staff friendly and attentive, very charming & helpful. Great wine advice and advance taste to be sure we loved it. The care taken to prepare and present each dish is very evident, as are superior ingredients. We shared four small plates, the ideal way to eat here. Mushrooms stuffed with chiorizo are a lovely combination. Al dente carrot salad with hint of cumin is delicious with just the right consistency. Cauliflower gratin fabulous with rich béchamel - good that it was a small plate! Chicken rolled with spinach - fantastic! Ended sharing a lemon tart with perfect, delicate crust and flavorful filling. Will return. Cocotte is a little gem!Special Features:
- Absolutely lovely!macnycVIPDined on 7/13/2014We went for brunch on the day of the World Cup final and had the place to ourselves (almost), which made for the most enjoyable, relaxed and delicious brunch with an old friend..... Otherwise, it seems to be normally quite popular and full. Food was delicious, inventive and sufficient (amaaaaaaaaazing cappucino with a one inch 'head' of foam above the cup). We will definitely return to try it at other times.Special Features:
- Good foodRjjrDined on 7/12/2014Waitress was a bit obnoxious, and probably simply too inexperienced. Food however was excellent.Special Features:
- ChuckDined on 7/12/2014Ate there twice in the last two weeks. On both trips it was a first rate experience. Excellent food and excellent service. Very friendly and relaxed environment.Special Features:
- Nice experience!ldbwlsVIPDined on 7/8/2014It was my first time dining at Cocotte without knowing exactly what kind of food they serve. The waiter was exceptionally nice explaining how they work and explained the menu. It was a mixture of french and spanish food so I liked all the dishes I ordered immediately. Each dish was quite small portioned like tapas but they also had options for main dishes which I eventually become so full! Dessert was so fresh and so good. We had a lemon tart and I had to finish it! Overall, it was a wonderful experience dining here and I would love to go back for lunch this time. I would also highly recommend this place to my friends and family.Special Features:
- Intimate Bistro; Great FoodDine11VIPDined on 7/8/2014Went after reading other favorable reviews and found that CoCotte exceeded expectations. Service was in the classic bistro style, no formality for formalities sake, but every measure taken to ensure that we enjoyed our meal. Wine list was short, but well chosen with good selections across price points and the leading European varietals and appellations. The food was delicious: French with Spanish influences. The room is small, but the atmosphere was great. Energetic, without overwhelming noise, and intimate in style. We will go again.Special Features:
- Delightful FindPeterVIPDined on 7/5/2014Pair a solid wine list with excellent meat and cheese plates and inventive salads and wrap it all up in fantastically romantic hideaway gem of a restaurant, and you have Cocette. Two visits, one for lunch and one for dinner. and each was wonderful. One of our new favorites.Special Features:
- Wonderful!mmcrVIPDined on 6/29/2014I love places like this that are a little bit off the radar, but oh so special in every way - the ambiance and decor, the sweet little touches, the menu selections and the food, the food, the food! We went for brunch and ordered several different things and everything was outstanding both in presentation and taste - OUTSTANDING! We can't wait to go back for dinner.Special Features:
- Bad choiceEdgardoDined on 6/28/2014The roulettes of canard really was a over cook duck crumbled instead a pate, the joules de porc tastes as beef and the cold cannelloni have a thick dough filled with crab swimming in gazpacho.If you want to share the moment with people seated in the small tables they offer very close to you, and eat in a very uncomfortable way, it is the resto yo go.
- Very GoodGoodVIPDined on 6/28/2014Nice, small modern style place with very friendly service and good food.Special Features:
- love that place!EatHereNowDined on 6/23/2014Cocotte has never fails to deliver great, and interesting, food with excellent service. I will continue to go back, time and again. I've recommended Cocotte to all of my friends.Special Features:
- Great night out for wife's birthdayDavidNYCDined on 6/17/2014I picked a fantastic place to celebrate my wife's birthday. She loved it! The food was amazing and the staff is fun and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Good Basque region food and wine,DisappointedVIPDined on 6/15/2014But expensive for what is essentially tapas style dishes. We would go again, but not on a regular basis.Special Features:
- Food, Fun, Friends & Birthday'stalulah33Dined on 6/14/2014I recently dined at Cocotte with 5 of my good friends to celebrate my birthday. The staff was extremely friendly, knowledgeable and attenative without being intrusive. This is an intimate dining space that gave the feeling of eating in a lovely cafe in France. We started with a selection of cheeses, meats, mushrooms and lentil salad. All were fresh, tasty and gone within 60 seconds of hitting the table. For dinner entrées the group each had a different item which was good. The pork cheeks I am told were tender and juicy. I had a special fish of the day that was cooked to perfection. Definitely as a side get the chou-fleur (cauliflower) was flavorful. You won't be disappointed if you eat at Cocotte.Special Features:
- Dinner with 2 Cosmopolitan EuropeanOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/13/2014Great service and knowledgeable staff. Excellent wine food and desert.... way too loud though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurantJanFF2Dined on 6/7/2014We had brunch at Cocotte last weekend and it was lovely. Menu is French with a Basque influence. I had the scrambled eggs with peppers. Yummy. The bread & coffee were great (as one would expect at a French restaurant) and so was the peach juice. But note that the peach juice comes in a bottle and it is very rich, so we suggest you share it. At our table, we shared one bottle of juice 3-ways. We also shared the anchovy salad as our appetizer. The fish taste was mild and the dressing was quite tasty. Fear not!Special Features:
- Gets better and betterDunkerbeck2VIPDined on 6/6/2014Fantastic and unique. Highly recommended. We have been there now at least ten times and it just gets better and better. Wine lost is top notch. Food is incredible. One our favorite places to go to in NYC.Special Features:
- A Homerun!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/6/2014I finally picked a winner for my wife's birthday! Great food. Awesome staff. Perfect vibe. We will be going back, no question.Special Features:
- charming gemdelynneDined on 6/6/2014Cocotte was a lovely cozy restaurant bringing to mind the charm of Europe. Carefully prepared food made with fresh ingredients that was served with friendly style. The food and wine was excellent. We will go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFudluverVIPDined on 6/6/2014Cocotte never disappoints. I have been here many times and it's outstanding always. Dinner is slightly better than lunch --- though both are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A joyful place!GailsterVIPDined on 6/4/2014This was our second time at Cocotte and the overwhelming reaction both times has been how much joie de vivre this tiny restaurant holds. Yiu will walk out a happier person and not just because of the wonderful food. The joy the staff have in their work comes with you too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Tapas in SohoGsquared1959VIPDined on 5/29/2014Great wine, delicious rage of food, very helpful and knowledgable staff. Charming atmosphere. Filet and hake special were incredible. Salmon carpaccio was delicious. Reviews before this were very accurate. Add this to your weekend list for a different treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findRobLou14Dined on 5/28/2014Came across this place scanning this site, agreed with all the other reviews. Staff were really friendly and helpful, food was excellent and really nice setting. will direct any friends visiting NY to this little gem.Special Features: