300 West Hubbard
Chicago, IL 60610Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cocopazzochicago.com/
- Phone: (312) 836-0900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Federico Comacchio
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Coco Pazzo can cater a wide range of events from small dinners to large gatherings.
- Private Party Facilities: Coco Pazzo can serve large parties.
- Private Party Contact: Jack Weiss, Christina Butyuk 3128360900x
A word from Coco Pazzo
With wood beam ceilings, large bay windows, theatrical lighting & blue velvet drapes, Coco Pazzo is sophisticated dining in a modern, warm and inviting atmosphere. Located in the fashionable River North neighborhood, Coco Pazzo offers a Tuscan inspired seasonal menu and a Wine Spectator award-winning, all Italian wine list. A fifty-foot antique bar is available for dining and perfect for viewing the open kitchen & wood-burning oven.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Coco Pazzo reviews from OpenTable diners
207 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (112)special occasion (92)notable wine list (72)romantic (68)good for groups (67)neighborhood gem (61)great for lunch (28)hot spot (22)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Good classic ItalianSeasaidhVIPDined on 11/22/2014Love their pasta, especially the rigatoni --- everyone at our table loved that one. It's what most of us order every time. The squid ink pasta was good but we all agreed the rigatoni was the winner. There were plenty of wine choices but cocktail offerings are rather slim. The service was wonderful -- our waiter was helpful and friendly and made great suggestions. He suggested we order the frito misto as an appetizer and it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2014Enjoyed the experience as did my guests. The one glitch was one of my guests and I ordered the special veal medallions Unfortunately the dish Was overpoweringly salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDined on 11/21/2014So disappointed. My favorite birthday/special occasion spot is no longer what it once was. I miss the bountiful antipasti table, the professional service, and the pumpkin ravioli in brown butter sage sauce, garnished with walnuts. Their fall special now compares to what I pour out of a bag and boil for my children on a Tuesday night. The older Italian gentleman, owner? manager? maitre d? is still as unfriendly and dour as I remember. I am sorry to say we will never be back to what once was my very favorite restaurant.
- We loved the restaurant!food4meVIPDined on 11/17/2014Everything lived up to a very high recommendation we had received. The service was attentive, and the food quality and selections were excellent. Prices were reasonable, and the quantity was almost too much to eat. Four out of five people in our group chose to get two appetizer pastas rather than an entree because there were too many wonderful selections to narrow it down further. Look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014We had a reservation and still waited almost 45 minutes to get seated at our table. Once we were seated, we were not asked if we wanted more drinks and poorly attended to. I will not be returning.
- FoodiemomDined on 11/14/2014Visiting from out of state, dined here on recommendation of Chicago friends who love it. Food was excellent, ambiance was our favorite part, felt like old world Italy. Waiter was great, drinks perfect. Will definitely return any time we're in Chicago and now know why it's our friends' favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014great food great service not too loud, great when you want to talk to your friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/12/2014Form was not working properly. Could not rate noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our MainstayOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 11/7/2014Coco Pazzo was our favorite restaurant when we lived in Chicago. Now, every time that we come back for a visit it is on our "must do" list. It never disappoints us.Special Features:
- not as expectedKnick2KnameVIPDined on 11/7/2014Nice ambiance. Main waiter spent too much time telling us about his previous employment. Fennel/Spinich salad was wonderful. Seafood Stew was overly salted, almost inedible. The brussel sprouts were never delivered. Bill delivered was for a dinner for four, ours was for two, and it took entirely too much time to get us the right bill.
- Great for business dinner/datenightGypsea441Dined on 11/4/2014Very attentive service without being 'fussy'. Beautiful rooms - high ceilings, wood floors - yet somehow, a nice Quiet buzz going on - not loud. Comfortably elegant (but not pretentious), both in the room/decor and the food. The recommendations from the servers were perfect and the meals were all delicious. It was perfect for a business dinner but would also be a great date night out.Special Features:
- A great experienceWichitaGuyDined on 11/2/2014I've never had a bad dining experience at Coco Pazzo and I his was no exception. Great antipasti, impeccable pasta, and wonderful main courses. All of this and very good service and an extensive, fairly-priced wine list.Special Features:
- tessDined on 11/1/2014The food was excellent but the service was less than desierable. After being seated, we waited 20 minutes before someone came over. they were expecting us to order, but we had not even been asked if we wanted drinks. When we pointed this out the sever got the order wrong.Special Features:
- Just greatGreatVIPDined on 11/1/2014Love this place great food and service a must try restaurant. Strongly recommendSpecial Features:
- JannVIPDined on 10/29/2014Beginning and end were stellar, main courses however were a bit disappointing. Artichoke & Arugula Salad was delightful. Linguine with Clams was salty. Venison filled mezzaluna with truffles had little truffle taste and the brown sauce was a bit salty. Chocolate torta with pistachio gelato & orange mousse was outstanding. Good expresso.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best nightGogebicDined on 10/29/2014We're typically fans of Coco Pazzo but they missed this night. The table we were at was in a very loud spot. The food which is typically quite good had slipped a bit. The risotto seemed to have sat under a warmer for a bit before being tabled. The service was adequate but not the expected level of attention and engagement we have come to expect here. Coco Pazzo has set a pretty high bar and didn't make it this time. We'll be back but expect better next time.
- service rescuedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/29/2014very unpleasant reception by hostess- no greeting just a demand about our reservation info, then she said we didn't have one, then found it, then said the other location of Coco Pazzo had called to say the other member of our party had gone there but was on the way to the correct location, she told us to wait on the bench but not in a gracious way, didn't offer that we wait at the bar or offer to take coats or any other welcoming gestures. negative way to begin what turned out to be a nice evening. Our waiter was great, he filled in some enjoyable back stories about the producers of the wine and was very engaging and enthusiastic. Food was great, beautifully prepared, nice number of choices. Pretty atmosphere.Special Features:
- Always memorable!KlaasneusVIPDined on 10/29/2014So elegant; so beautiful; the service, food and wine consistently superb; the background music soothing! Dishes that stood out on this occasion were: Mezzelune di Cervo (handmade venison-filled pasta w/chianti reduction & black truffles) and the Rustin D'Anatra (duck risotto timbale; seared sliced duck breast; pine nuts; grapes & figs; balsamic reduction). The duck breast was done to perfection: pink, juicy, tender, bursting with flavor. Compliments to everybody in the kitchen! Compliments to everybody on the whole team who makes our dining experience a beautiful symphony every time we visit. Even though it always gets VERY busy from 7pm when this fairly big restaurant fills up, there is never a hitch in the hustle and bustle of activity!Special Features:
- High Expectations=DisappointmentFoodSnobDined on 10/25/2014We had an 8pm dinner reservation for 4 to celebrate the 40th birthday of a friend. We were not seated until 8:40pm. The bar was packed so we stood and waited the entire time, which quickly got old. Once we were finally seated, our waiter was polite but obviously quite overworked and in a rush. The entire meal was extremely slow between each course, and forget about asking for anything additional if you needed it and didn't think of it the moment your food was being served because you were not going to get it for at least another half hour. By the time we left the restaurant at 11pm, the birthday had not even been acknowledged--nor had their failure to seat us at an appropriate time been reflected on the extremely expensive check.Special Features:
- consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/21/2014Coco Pazzo has consisstently good food. My husband and I have been going there for years and have never had a dissapointing meal. I love using open table and plan to use it more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good serviceJbarretoDined on 10/19/2014Beef was cooked more than expected, well service, friendly waitersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Coco Pazzo30yearsDined on 10/19/2014We did enjoy our anniversary dinner at Coco Pazzo last Sunday night and thank the staff for acknowledging our 30th with a small dessert plate. The food was very good, especially the red snapper. Waiters were very efficient but could have been more engaging, often more intent on getting food to the table which lessened the overall experience. The wine list was disappointing as we are experienced Chardonnay and Beaujolais drinkers and we couldn't find a wine(s) to our satisfaction. The restaurant was very busy and as such loud which limited conversation at points. All things said, I would recommend this restaurant to others but would probably not return myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to usual standardsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/18/2014We had guests from New York and this restaurant is always high on my list for out of town guests. This visit was not up to par. Wait staff was inattentive. We had to request items numerous times. Ice tea tasted like coffee despite several servings and the octopus in the seafood stew was so tough to be inedible - that has never happened. The waiter never inquired as to why half the food remained. The restaurant was super busy with long lines and service and food really suffered. It was an expensive dinner and not up to coco pazzo standardsSpecial Features:
- WheezieDined on 10/16/2014Great food! The salmon entree and side dishes were delicious.Special Features:
- Classic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014The staff is inviting, the ownership truly cares about your experience, the wine list is interesting and diverse and the food is beautifully served in a very authentic style. The temperature of the wines that were served was perfect, which is actually pretty rare, even in a city like Chicago. Coco Pazzo is a gem. Truly impressed by our meal and the hospitality.Special Features:
- JimmyVIPDined on 10/13/2014A long term favorite...we don't eat at Coco Pazzo enough!
- Service a bit unevenNYTuckVIPDined on 10/12/2014Beautiful setting. Clever black-out curtains to divide the room for groups and special events. Very rustic and Tuscan. Reasonable noise level for table conversation. The menu was nice with several wonderful pasta choices. Stand-out mixed fried seafood. The waiter was missing in action several times and we waited a few times past what we would consider "gracious dining". This marred what should have been a flawless experience.Special Features:
- Joe69Dined on 10/10/2014Outstanding restaurant! Will be back. The service was excellent, and the food was the best Italian in Chicago!Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2014The food delicious, the service caring and attentive and the restaurant accommodated my food allergies and guaranteed each item.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/27/2014Dinner was fantastic, I definitely would try this place if I was dining in the city.Special Features:
- Wonderful Evening with SpouseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014The food was outstanding. The service was very attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/26/2014Never dissappointed! Food is consistently well prepared and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HonestDinerDined on 9/23/2014Excellent service, excellent food, comfortable environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Italian FoodbgourmandVIPDined on 9/21/2014Delicious Italian cuisine with a creative but traditional style. We split a nice light salad, then split linguine alle vongole (authentic small clams!), then I had a lovely swordfish rollatini with braised escarole and tomato puree, while my husband enjoyed the quail. I am still thinking about the swordfish - so yes, we would return next time in Chicago!Special Features:
- Food was excellentCtygirlVIPDined on 9/19/2014Food was delicious. We had a party of 5 and everyone ordered something different and all enjoyedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking for Good Italian Food?HIfoodieVIPDined on 9/18/2014Then this is your place. Fresh pasta dishes were wonderful - loved the antipastos and breads and salads. Service was delightful. Only disappointment was fish filleted at table. Waiter took the beautifully cooked crispy skin and wouldn't serve it - even after we told him we liked the skin :(Special Features:
- Always Elegant and DeliciousQuasiVeganFoodieVIPDined on 9/18/2014Had another divine lunch at Coco Pazzo this week. I always feel like I'm on a mini vacation and being treated like a princess when dining at Coco Pazzo. I ordered the trout lunch speacial, and it was a perfetly sized and cooked portion that included vegetables and potatoes. My collegaue got an orchietta pasta that looked awesome and which he complemented. Needless to say nothing was left on his plate. We were in a rush, so we didn't order the usual antipasta for starters. Service was impeccable and sensitive to our time constraint while not making us feel pressured. The crowd was a mix of suits and artist types which provided great people watching. I can't wait to dine at Coco Pazzo again soon.Special Features:
- Great FoodsudsgDined on 9/17/2014Best gnocchi I've ever had , homemade pasta and sauce; great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/17/2014Always a go to for special occasions. Never dissapoints - Service impeccableSpecial Features:
- A nice Anniversary DinnerItalianFoodLoverDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I went to Coco Pazzo for an Anniversay Dinner after watching a chilly soccer game in Lincoln Park. We found street parking adjacent to the restaurant on a Saturday night-nice start. Our table was ready at the 8:15P reservation. Our waiter was knowledgeable about the menu and suggested an excellent wine. Overall the food and service was excellent, although a suggested veal chop was a bit too "fatty" for my lovely bride. This restaurant has stood the test of time and we will return again in the not too distant future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.