300 West Hubbard
Chicago, IL 60610Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cocopazzochicago.com/
- Phone: 3128360900x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Federico Comacchio
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Coco Pazzo can cater a wide range of events from small dinners to large gatherings.
- Private Party Facilities: Coco Pazzo can serve large parties.
- Private Party Contact: Jack Weiss, Christina Butyuk 3128360900x
A word from Coco Pazzo
With wood beam ceilings, large bay windows, theatrical lighting & blue velvet drapes, Coco Pazzo is sophisticated dining in a modern, warm and inviting atmosphere. Located in the fashionable River North neighborhood, Coco Pazzo offers a Tuscan inspired seasonal menu and a Wine Spectator award-winning, all Italian wine list. A fifty-foot antique bar is available for dining and perfect for viewing the open kitchen & wood-burning oven.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Coco Pazzo reviews from OpenTable diners
205 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (108)special occasion (94)romantic (85)notable wine list (78)neighborhood gem (64)good for groups (60)great for lunch (26)hot spot (21)late-night find (11)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/21/2014Coco Pazzo has consisstently good food. My husband and I have been going there for years and have never had a dissapointing meal. I love using open table and plan to use it more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good serviceJbarretoDined on 10/19/2014Beef was cooked more than expected, well service, friendly waitersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Coco Pazzo30yearsDined on 10/19/2014We did enjoy our anniversary dinner at Coco Pazzo last Sunday night and thank the staff for acknowledging our 30th with a small dessert plate. The food was very good, especially the red snapper. Waiters were very efficient but could have been more engaging, often more intent on getting food to the table which lessened the overall experience. The wine list was disappointing as we are experienced Chardonnay and Beaujolais drinkers and we couldn't find a wine(s) to our satisfaction. The restaurant was very busy and as such loud which limited conversation at points. All things said, I would recommend this restaurant to others but would probably not return myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to usual standardsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/18/2014We had guests from New York and this restaurant is always high on my list for out of town guests. This visit was not up to par. Wait staff was inattentive. We had to request items numerous times. Ice tea tasted like coffee despite several servings and the octopus in the seafood stew was so tough to be inedible - that has never happened. The waiter never inquired as to why half the food remained. The restaurant was super busy with long lines and service and food really suffered. It was an expensive dinner and not up to coco pazzo standardsSpecial Features:
- WheezieDined on 10/16/2014Great food! The salmon entree and side dishes were delicious.Special Features:
- Classic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014The staff is inviting, the ownership truly cares about your experience, the wine list is interesting and diverse and the food is beautifully served in a very authentic style. The temperature of the wines that were served was perfect, which is actually pretty rare, even in a city like Chicago. Coco Pazzo is a gem. Truly impressed by our meal and the hospitality.Special Features:
- JimmyVIPDined on 10/13/2014A long term favorite...we don't eat at Coco Pazzo enough!
- Service a bit unevenNYTuckVIPDined on 10/12/2014Beautiful setting. Clever black-out curtains to divide the room for groups and special events. Very rustic and Tuscan. Reasonable noise level for table conversation. The menu was nice with several wonderful pasta choices. Stand-out mixed fried seafood. The waiter was missing in action several times and we waited a few times past what we would consider "gracious dining". This marred what should have been a flawless experience.Special Features:
- Joe69Dined on 10/10/2014Outstanding restaurant! Will be back. The service was excellent, and the food was the best Italian in Chicago!Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2014The food delicious, the service caring and attentive and the restaurant accommodated my food allergies and guaranteed each item.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014Dinner was fantastic, I definitely would try this place if I was dining in the city.Special Features:
- Wonderful Evening with SpouseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014The food was outstanding. The service was very attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/26/2014Never dissappointed! Food is consistently well prepared and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HonestDinerDined on 9/23/2014Excellent service, excellent food, comfortable environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Italian FoodbgourmandVIPDined on 9/21/2014Delicious Italian cuisine with a creative but traditional style. We split a nice light salad, then split linguine alle vongole (authentic small clams!), then I had a lovely swordfish rollatini with braised escarole and tomato puree, while my husband enjoyed the quail. I am still thinking about the swordfish - so yes, we would return next time in Chicago!Special Features:
- Food was excellentCtygirlVIPDined on 9/19/2014Food was delicious. We had a party of 5 and everyone ordered something different and all enjoyedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking for Good Italian Food?HIfoodieVIPDined on 9/18/2014Then this is your place. Fresh pasta dishes were wonderful - loved the antipastos and breads and salads. Service was delightful. Only disappointment was fish filleted at table. Waiter took the beautifully cooked crispy skin and wouldn't serve it - even after we told him we liked the skin :(Special Features:
- Always Elegant and DeliciousQuasiVeganFoodieVIPDined on 9/18/2014Had another divine lunch at Coco Pazzo this week. I always feel like I'm on a mini vacation and being treated like a princess when dining at Coco Pazzo. I ordered the trout lunch speacial, and it was a perfetly sized and cooked portion that included vegetables and potatoes. My collegaue got an orchietta pasta that looked awesome and which he complemented. Needless to say nothing was left on his plate. We were in a rush, so we didn't order the usual antipasta for starters. Service was impeccable and sensitive to our time constraint while not making us feel pressured. The crowd was a mix of suits and artist types which provided great people watching. I can't wait to dine at Coco Pazzo again soon.Special Features:
- Great FoodsudsgDined on 9/17/2014Best gnocchi I've ever had , homemade pasta and sauce; great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/17/2014Always a go to for special occasions. Never dissapoints - Service impeccableSpecial Features:
- A nice Anniversary DinnerItalianFoodLoverDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I went to Coco Pazzo for an Anniversay Dinner after watching a chilly soccer game in Lincoln Park. We found street parking adjacent to the restaurant on a Saturday night-nice start. Our table was ready at the 8:15P reservation. Our waiter was knowledgeable about the menu and suggested an excellent wine. Overall the food and service was excellent, although a suggested veal chop was a bit too "fatty" for my lovely bride. This restaurant has stood the test of time and we will return again in the not too distant future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014Great food, slow service.-------------------------------------------------------------------Special Features:
- Coco Pazzo Always DeliversLucyVIPDined on 9/12/2014Haven't visited in ages and was worried things might have changed. After walking in the door I knew I had nothing to worry about. The service was incredible (they actually read the notes that are sent with reservations through Open Table). We were celebrating our friends anniversary and the service could not have been better. We got a beautiful table in the window - our waiter was knowledgeable and engaging and the food speaks for itself. I could eat the Branzino everyday. Wine selection is better than average.Special Features:
- A continual pleasureaskpegVIPDined on 9/9/2014Coco Pazzo's twenty-one years is the testament to doing everything right. Charming "welcoming committee", gracious ambiance, friendly knowledgeable wait and wine-staff, and the crowning attribute, fantastic food. As during many prior visits, our party of five was in heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!ShoochDined on 9/6/2014We happened upon Coco Pazzo when we were searching online and we are so glad that we tried it. We ended up eating at the bar where we received very attentive, friendly service. The wine was very nice and the food was perfect. The homemade pasta was really good and the sauces were delicious. The portions were perfect. We loved this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but the Maître D...GuidoVIPDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I had a wonderful meal after a rough start at the restaurant. We had 7:15 reservations, got there 5 minutes early and was told our table wasn't ready. That's ok, but no explanation when there were plenty of tables open. We waited patiently at the bar until 7:30 seeing others being seated. I went up and discussed this with the two head waiters and told them how disappointing this was since we had a reservation. Again, no explanation. Low and behold, we were seated a few minutes later at a table that was open the entire time we sat at the bar. Luckily our waiter was top notch and the food was excellent. Not sure we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/6/2014I would rank Coco Pazzo up there for one of the best, if not the best, Italian restaurants in the city. The service was impeccable. The food was absolutely delicious. We went for a special occasion and they did a great job to honor that.Special Features:
- Wonderful meal and serviceAdamDined on 9/5/2014Great authentic Italian food. Wonderful service by real pros. Extensive wine list. Not cheap but it shouldn't be given the quality of the food and service.Special Features:
- Great place for a business lunchlfrancis61Dined on 9/4/2014Perfect for a business lunch. Impeccable service, right-sized portions, airy wood-beamed space. I think Coco Pazzo is a Chicago classic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotSamuelDined on 9/3/2014Was very impressed with the food. Fresh, tasty, and very authentic. I have been lucky enough to spend over 6 months of my life in Italy, and it tasted like the real Italian. I would go back in a heart-beat. Received a free sample, was outstanding. Soup was great, the special pasta was even better. Service was almost better than the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner, slow service.ElyArtistDined on 8/31/2014We recently enjoyed an evening out and dinner at Coco Pazzo. The only thing that kept me from giving the restaurant more stars is that the service seemed to be incredibly slow. When we received each course, though, the food was excellent. There was a good crowd, especially on a holiday weekend, and perhaps the kitchen was understaffed. It's certainly worth another visit, though.Special Features:
- Dissapointing anniversary dinnervl2014Dined on 8/31/2014My husband and I have dined here a handful of times with pleasant experiences. We went on our first date here about 14 years ago and we were having dinner to celebrate our wedding anniversary. When I was confirming my reservation over the phone, I asked them to make note of our celebration. Dinner started off well but quickly went downhill with very slow service. It took what seemed like 30 mins to receive our entrees and an extremely long time to receive our dessert menu. Our waiter always seemed too busy to come by and check on us and on top of that our anniversary was never acknowledged. As for the food, it wasnt as good as we've had in the past. I hate to give a poor review but this was definitely a long and dissapointing dinner.Special Features:
- GREAT NIGHT OUTweenjoyDined on 8/30/2014We had an extremely nice dinner with family, a party of five. Everyone had a different appetizer and main coarse, and everyone truly enjoyed the wonderful meal. But as is often the case, the time we spent was made even more enjoyable by the skills of our waiter. He was perfect.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK for meImoAVIPDined on 8/30/2014I think I actually prefer the coco Pazzo cafe a lot better. Honestly, I didn't feel like it was particularly more intriguing than or Italian places I've been to. Food was delicious though but overall my experience there was just OK.Special Features:
- Great foodMilano2Dined on 8/29/2014We had a wonderful dinner here with great service. We ordered a whole baked Bronzino which was excellent . The 3 different sobettos were the best I have had outside of Italy. We were told they make sorbettos and gel ottos in house every day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodCabsterVIPDined on 8/27/2014Solid Italian wine list, great food, attentive service. Recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/25/2014We enjoyed everything at Coco Pazzo; from the ambiance, to the service, and let's not forget the food! My boyfriend and I shared the octopus appetizer, the tortelli pasta, and the tuna special that evening. We enjoyed the octopus, which was some of the best we've had. The tortelli pasta...AMAZING! If the tuna hadn't already been ordered, we would have just kept eating tortelli until the kitchen ran out. The tuna special, which the kitchen split in the back for us, was really good as well. Not being big dessert people, we were glad the manager stopped by and offered a suggestion, the torta. This little tart was the perfect ending to our wonderful meal. The service during dinner was absolutely wonderful and everything was coursed perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food wonderful....djcineDined on 8/25/2014as usual the food at Coco Pazzo was fabulous. The waiter seemed a little distracted .....we told them it was three people...we sat down and the table was set for three...and we were waiting for our third person to get there. The waiter seemed miffed that we wern't ready to order and that we would wait for our third person. (who came 10 minutes later) he seemed like if he hurried us along ...he could go home...he never smiled....Special Features:
- HonestLuizDined on 8/24/2014Good food and service. The 'antipasti' is soberb and the wine list is satisfactory.Special Features:
- Excellent Food & ServiceStephanie824Dined on 8/21/2014Coco Pazzo is a fantastic restaurant. The service is outstanding, the staff is friendly and helpful, the wine list is extensive, and the food is to die for. I highly recommend getting the Antipasti as an appetizer (it's doled out according to how many people are in your party)--a wonderful assortment of olives, cheeses, roasted vegetables, and cured meats--it definitely won't disappoint. The Gnocchetti is made fresh and is so light, you won't feel weighed down afterward. It is served in a light tomato sauce, also made fresh. Dessert is worth getting, too, if you still have room after your meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.