Coco Pazzo/English Cellar Alehouse
165 Angell St
Providence, RI 02906Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Coco Pazzo/English Cellar Alehouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cocopazzori.com/
- Phone: 4014543434x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 1:00am, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00am, Sunday: 11:30am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Come relax and be entertained in our beautiful space as you and your guests enjoy our famous craft drinks, delicious cuisine, and friendly service.
- Private Party Contact: Megan Kenney 8669522654
A word from Coco Pazzo/English Cellar Alehouse
Coco Pazzo is a casual, energetic, affordable neighborhood Italian restaurant located on the East Side of Providence serving a blend of traditional and modern Italian cuisine. Our menu features an array of delicious Tapas, Salads, Pizzas baked in our Mugnaini oven, Pasta, Entrees, and fabulous Desserts. A central staircase connects directly to our sister restaurant, English Cellar Alehouse, where you can venture and enjoy both fabulous locations at the same time. Come relax and be entertained at our beautiful bar and enjoy our famous craft drinks and friendly service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Coco Pazzo/English Cellar Alehouse reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great relaxing night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014We were headed to the Avon to see a movie and were very short on time. We ended up sitting at the bar upstairs and had a wonderful time for the 30 minutes that we were there. The bartender was very accommodating in served us quickly knowing that we were trying to catch a movie. The food was very good and the ambiance was beautiful. We will definitely be back the next time we are out at the movies!Special Features:
- Nicer than I expectedEastSideNewbieDined on 4/7/2014I assumed that Coco Pazzo's proximity to Thayer Street meant it would be a grubby, noisy student hang-out, but I was pleasantly surprised by the beautiful interior. My party of 4 was there on a Monday night, so it was quiet with only a few of the nearby tables occupied. My group ordered a variety of small plates to share. Grilled artichokes and the basic crostini were the standouts, but watermelon goat cheese salad and portobello pizza were good, too. Only complaint was about how slow the service was. Our waitress was very pleasant, but it took a long time to get our food and we didn't see a lot of her while we waited.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would recommendEmbeeDined on 3/29/2014Great tapas. Attentive service. We sat right in the window which was charming. Noticed a big party at a long table. Would consider coming back with a larger party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaurettaLaurettaDined on 3/22/2014Our waiter charged and reversed someone else tab to my credit card. I asked for a copy of these tranactions. They had a problem giving me the a copy of these slips. When the manager finally gave me my copies, he was not pleasant about it. Having to deal with this issue just seemed to be an inconvenience for the manager. I'll give this place one more try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceEvieDined on 2/15/2014Food very good, service excellent, we were reconnecting with old friends so we sat for a long time without feeling rushed. Going back this weekend with another group...we sat downstairs in the ale house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 21st Birthday CelebrationBritchickDined on 2/8/2014What a great place to celebrate my son's 21st Birthday! A true taster of many Ale's at a legal age!! Some great English dishes too. Bangers and Mash was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love coming to the EnglishSweetluv25Dined on 12/31/2013I love coming to the English Cellar, I have been coming here for years since I was introduced to the cellar through a friend. Since then I have introduced some of my friends to the cellar. It's a fun, affordable and quiet place to go when you don't to deal with the craziness of other bars Thayer street has to offer. I recently starting ordering food from here, I've aways came for drinks but Halloween night was the first time I ordered food. Although it was only tortilla chips and spinach dip, the dip was very good. My party and I also took advantage of the Buffett on New Years Eve, the food was great and so were the drinks! Waitress kept coming over to our table taking our drink Orders. We never once had to wait for anything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome SpotmebdDined on 12/31/2013My wife and I were looking for a great Place to kick off 2014, and we founf it with this Hot spot. I recommend this place for a nice dinner during the week or a special weekend date night. Great location, just of off the historic Thayer Street in the Heart of the Brown Campus. What are you waiting for???Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SophisticatedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/7/2013Dining experience in bistro and retro-style ambience. Menu interesting and worthy of a Big City. Close to Brown related activities, Avon cinema, so good place to go in before an event. A la carte, tapas, entrees, salads, smaller bites, something for everyone. We eat out a lot and will go back.Special Features:
- Nice spot & great food!CWBostonDined on 12/2/2013We had really great service, the food was awesome, & with a party of 9, the staff took great care of us! Really beautiful restaurant upstairs, loved the decor & lighting - exceeded expectations. Chose this restaurant based on reviews. One note - looked up on google maps to get a street view for parking. I wasn't familiar with the area, not from RI. The pic on google maps is not a current picture - the area & restaurant/pub are FAR more inviting in person - and there was plenty of street parking at the time of out 6.30 reservation. I highly recommend, and will likely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to take the family!GaryDined on 11/8/2013This was our 3rd visit to Coco Pazzo and it has become the 1st choice for my kids when we go out on our weekly daddy and daughter nights out.... My daughters are ages 9 and 7... They love the fact that there are 2 menus to order from and as usual the food was great... The moment we walked in the hostess sat us down immediately and our server came right over and took our drink order and introduced herself, she was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. Many delicious and reasonably priced appetizers, salads, pizzas and entrees to choose from so make sure that your hungry when your going there. AAA + in my book...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerBarbaraDined on 11/5/2013I took a group of ten business partners to this restaurant. Our meal was excellent, the ambience was fabulous. We enjoyed the instrumental music and lighting. Our waiter, Pete, was exceptional. I would highly recommend this restaurant and plan on returning with my husband for a special evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New to neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/1/2013Made a reservation for 7:45 Friday evening only to arrive and find we really didn't need to. Ended up sitting at the bar which proved to be more intimate & comfortable. Bartender was very attentive and helpful with questions about the menu. Gnocchi was excellent! Zucchini fritter was too breadie but the bruschetta was very good. Very nice atmosphere, will be back to try other items on the menu. The mini flatbreads looked great!
- Coco PazzoKDoggDined on 11/1/2013We were in town for a wedding and found this restaurant online. The menu sounded good so we made a reservation. We were not disappointed. There were seven of us and our waiter took of us efficiently. We enjoyed our appetizers, main course and dessert. If we are ever in Providence again, we would not hesitate to return to Coco Pazzo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed Coco PazzoChristineDined on 10/18/2013This was my second visit to CP, and my husband's first. We both ejoyed our meals, though the steak sandwich special, I think, was a little pricey at $15.00. I think that the bun for the sandwich could have heated or grilled, but the fries were delicious. I wanted to finish them, but my thighs were saying "Don't do it!" Next time, I will go for one of their yummy pizzas and the calamari. We had a great waitress - friendly, attentive and quick.Special Features:
- definitely a local collegeiceman777Dined on 10/5/2013definitely a local college place . Would have been better if we weren't seated near a table of loud talkers
- What a treatAHamilVIPDined on 9/22/2013Extensive beer selection and good cocktails. ALL of our food was very good. Reviews on UrbanSpoon were spot on, and turned out to be a great place to dine while we were visiting Providence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheatrenightTheatrenightDined on 9/15/2013Spectacular! I've passed by this restaurant so many times and I'm glad I finally stopped in. No complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Great locationGaryDined on 9/7/2013I took my kids to Cocco Pazo for the first time and was seated right away in a table by the front window. Even though there was no kids menu the staff was very accommodating and made a pasta dish that my daughter requested. The lobster Mac & Cheese was great along with the Cellar Fries which were dipped in Parmesan cheese and had truffle oil drizzled on them. The Calamari was good and crispy but a little greasy. We also ordered the Focaccia bread which came out hot and was delicious with its spicy olive oil dip. The service was good and the staff knowledgable but the noise level was pretty high but we had a great time and some great food at descent prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2013We had high hopes for this alehouse, however, the service was slow and the food was cold and overpriced. We should have gone next door.
- Girls' Night OutfunNightOutDined on 8/10/2013I tend to find myslef at Coco-Pazzo for girls' night out. People can get what they want. There are lighter options as well as hearty meals. The drink selection is quite reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coco PazzoCatherineprovVIPDined on 6/29/2013The food was good. I would probably do apps and drinks. Not much else. Service wasn't the greatest friendly but not efficient. Servers changed mid way through meal which I always think is extremely unprofessional. At least we were introduced to the new server before our server left.I would recommend this to a friend.