Coco Pazzo Café
636 N St Clair
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Coco Pazzo Café
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cocopazzocafe.com/
- Phone: 3126642777x
- Hours of Operation:
Open All Day. Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Eric Hammond
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
A word from Coco Pazzo Café
Experience Tuscan cuisine at vibrant and lively Coco Pazzo Café, sister restaurant of the more formal Coco Pazzo. Just steps away from Magnificent Mile shopping, Northwestern Hospital, Prentice Hospital and the Rehabilitation Institute, the Café offers a casual atmosphere with a sophisticated menu and multiple wines by the glass. Enjoy the warmth of the Modigliani inspired murals, theatrical flower arrangements and the copper topped bar which is available for dining. And, when the weather allows, choose a seat on the comfortable patio. Coco Pazzo Café has been voted by Chicago Zagat readers as one of the finest alfresco restaurants in townContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Coco Pazzo Café reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (85)neighborhood gem (85)great for lunch (49)fit for foodies (48)romantic (33)special occasion (19)notable wine list (19)good for groups (17)great for brunch (10)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Dinner experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2014My guest was from out of town and I could have chosen many restaurants near her hotel. I like Coco Pazzo for the atmosphere and being low key. A true neighbourhood gem.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesluvchicagoDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I visit Chicago once a year and we always put Coco Pazzo's on our "must do" list. The service is impeccable. The food is consistently delicious.Special Features:
- Reliable and goodcityplaceVIPDined on 9/5/2014We hadn't been there in awhile but it hasn't changed. Love to sit outside but couldn't due to the rain. Bread and olive oil very good. Love that you can get an appetizer portion of pasta which is a very good size. The pasta Bolognese was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentKathensDined on 8/31/2014We have eaten here 4 or 5 times spanning a couple of years. Service and food always excellent. Relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:
- mkgalbyVIPDined on 8/30/2014I've had excellent meals in the past at Coco Pazzo Cafe, but my recent visit was disappointing. My daughter loved her gnocchi, but the bottom layer of my lasagna was completely burned. We shared caprese to start, and the mozzarella was delicious, but the red tomatoes didn't quite seem in season. This was our one dinner out in the city, and I found myself wishing we had tried someplace else.Special Features:
- Fabulous and fast!AAKelsoDined on 8/29/2014Were expecting this to be touristy, slow with bad food but it completely blew us away! Service was great food was fast fresh and delicious. Great ambiance- very romantic. Loved it!Special Features:
- Coco Pazzo is a good Italian ChoicePeterRDined on 8/24/2014The restaurant offers good quality Italian food at a reasonable price. It is conveniently located just off Michigan and Erie near many of the hotels in that area.. Very friendly service and it appears to have local customers who return frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go there quite oftenLadydiualDined on 8/23/2014Wish they had kept the half order option Like sitting by open windows or nice tables outside. Pleas put white table cloths on tables :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wondeful!DisappointedDined on 8/22/2014Surely not disappointed here! Everything was fantastic from start to finish!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!NorthfieldVicVIPDined on 8/22/2014I had lunch here with two fellow professionals. The quiet allowed a chance to exchange ideas - and the food! I can't remember the last time I was served a better meal. Light salad with thin slices of radish followed by appetizer portion of pasta made for a perfect lunch. I can't wait to returnSpecial Features:
- Twice in One DayheidikinsDined on 8/21/2014My husband has been at Northwestern hospital for the past five days, and I have been staying with him. During this time, I have been interested in finding a culinary respite nearby. This particular day I was looking for something expedient, affordable, enjoyable, and delicious. I found that in Coco Pazzo, as I sat on the patio under an umbrella, enjoying a delicious ham and cheese panini and a glass of chardonnay for lunch. Friends wanted to meet for dinner and because of the situation at the hospital, I was looking for something with the same criteria. I suggested that we go there for dinner. Everyone enjoyed their meal and the friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, outstanding servicerhubarbloverDined on 8/21/2014This place is high on my list of dinner choices when I am in Chicago on business. Comfortable spot for woman dining alone and with nice murals to peruse. The food (I've usually had a seafood special or a pasta with seafood entrée and salad) is always extremely fresh and tasty. And the service is professional but friendly and attentive and hits just the right note. It is also relatively less expensive than other Chicago restaurants of this caliber.Special Features:
- An empty room & yet the worst tableUS41Dined on 8/19/2014Met a family member there (she was in from the suburbs) and had early reservations. Although the dining room was empty at that time, they gave us a table squeezed next to a cashier station and the antipasto buffet. Designed to maximize foot traffic past us. Didn't object (that's on me) but it tells a lot about a restaurant when its default setting is to give two women the worst in the house when they had so many other choices to offer. Yuck.
- Great Italian Food!PalmspringsTerri1VIPDined on 8/16/2014This Chicago neighborhood gem has wonderful Tuscan food. The patio is outstanding. Great for both lunch and dinner!Special Features:
- Delicious as always!LeslieDined on 8/16/2014We love Coco Pazzo Cafe. The food is fabulous and the service is always outstanding as well. Sometimes we bring our school-age kids and they love to come here too.Special Features:
- Great summer evening in ChicagoMariaRDHVIPDined on 8/15/2014On Friday my friend from Toromto and me, from San Francisco Bay Area, had dinner at Coco Pazzo. We were able to sit outside as the night was beautiful. We had good food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just fabulousAndyDined on 8/9/2014It is our favorite Italian restaurant using truly fresh ingredients and proper Italian cooking (not the fake southing Italian stuff you find everywhere else)!Special Features:
- Just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014This was my fourth visit, in the past my experience was very positive. This time the service was very slow and food was just okay, meaning the flavor was off, food temperature was cool.Special Features:
- Uncooperative waiterBabsVIPDined on 8/8/2014I love this place, and service is usually great, but for this escapade: My friend wanted chopped chicken added to her salad....you'd have thought this required brain surgery? Waiter told her she'd have to order the grilled chicken entree SEPARATELY and combine them herself?! Finally got him to agree to do it our way (shades of "Five Easy Pieces"). He only charged an extra $7 for the added chicken but it was very difficult to get his cooperation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!SamChapmanVIPDined on 8/7/2014This is what a restaurant is supposed to be. Excellent, authentic food at a reasonable price. The service is friendly and professional. The setting is perfect! Indoor and outdoor space. The yellow canopy creates a mystical effect inside the restaurant that is bright and elegant. The chef is one of the best fish chefs in the country. The fish is crispy on the outside and moist on the inside, never dry! The Rigatoni is legendary and their spaghetti AOP is the tastiest vegetarian dish I have ever had. The bechamel sauce creates lasagna that rich with some zing. The wait staff are all Italian, well trained and friendly, but never lose their purpose. When the bill comes, it is a nice surprise especially at lunch and brunch. Open all afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best PastaejdmDined on 8/2/2014You will not find pasta that is prepared as well as the pasta at Coco Pazzo. A great old world feel, that leaves you feeling you are enjoying an outdoor cafe in the middle of Rome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice!lovechitownDined on 7/25/2014We picked this restaurant as it was near our hotel, sight unseen. We were seated promptly, the service was fantastic (we had one picky eater), and the pasta outstanding. Would absolutely try again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/25/2014service has deteriorated in this restaurant in last several years
- Amazing servicetomdDined on 7/23/2014And my wife loved her prosciutto & Melon app, and the duck entree. My octopus appetizer was great- broiled and glazed w/ an interesting finish. The swordfish was a little bit of disappointment- pretty bland, although the sauce was excellent. I asked about their seafood source--North Carolina--and suggested they may want to get more robust fish from colder waters. Big points- although all the tables were full, & yet it was quiet. They put a lot of effort (and it looks like money) into sound dampening materials. You could have conversations with your dining partner without being disturbed or disturbing others.Special Features:
- Good outdoor lunch locationSue59Dined on 7/22/2014Good menu selections & great people watching from the outdoor seating area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2014Food was excellent--fresh and delicious. Service was attentive and good. Can't wait to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoy a late lunch here!geoffhVIPDined on 7/21/2014food and service are always outstanding. For a late lunch, there is a real treasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine for quick dinnersilverspringerVIPDined on 7/20/2014This is not fine dining but served our needs and service was quickSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2014nice atmosphere and outdoor seating area, except for occasional loud ambulances driving by. most of the food was excellent including the rainbow trout special and the squid ink pasta, but the seven vegetable salad was underwhelming.Special Features:
- SuzfoodieVIPDined on 7/19/2014great antipasto, delicious pasta. So nice to sit outside on a beautiful evening and enjoy delicious food.Special Features:
- GreatExcellentVIPDined on 7/18/2014Excellent! Great service and wonderful ambiance. My mom and I had dinners here last Friday and were able to sit outside. We has pasta dishes which were homemade, from scratch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good ItalianMichluvs2dineVIPDined on 7/17/2014Reasonable prices and nice outdoor spot for a summer get together. The ambulances and traffic kind of dull the experience but its a great neighborhood spot.Special Features:
- Great for lunch or dinnerErasmus69VIPDined on 7/15/2014Had a long, leisurely lunch with old friends. Perfect spot, great food and unrushed service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent Neighborhood FavoriteChiTownGirlVIPDined on 7/12/2014Coco Pazzo Cafe always delivers - great food with warm service. The food is always very fresh and delicious...cannot recall ever having a disappointing meal here. If you are fortunate to be there in the summer time, sit near an open patio door or outside...there is a wonderful breeze coming off Lake Michigan that makes for a lovely dining experience (note: the indoor dining in the summertime can be uncomfortably warm). I have taken numerous visitors here and everyone loves it!Special Features:
- Good Pasta!aya670Dined on 7/12/2014I ordered Linguini Vongole and it was the most delicious Vongole I've ever had....!! Highly recommend their Pasta menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!BdineDined on 7/11/2014Great food and service - loved that the doors were open to give a patio feel!Special Features:
- Good place for visiting professorsProfessorDined on 7/11/2014This somewhat small restaurant has very good Italian food, it is generally easy to find seats, and prices are reasonable. During the summer there are outdoor seats - -perhaps not such a good idea because of the ambulances that go by every 30 minutes.Special Features:
- Partially italian.HenryVIPDined on 7/4/2014Advertised as an italian restaurant. Service is good. The personnel were all mexican and latins. The food is more a fusion of italian with mexican flavors. It remainded me of the mexican restaurants, in Mexico, with "italian" food. I had the duck which was bland and half way cooked. It was just OK but the mustard salad does not go with it. However, it's a good place to sit 'al fresco' and enjoy watching people having a drink.Special Features:
- perfect and delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014We wanted a nice spot to enjoy a some great pasta and a bottle of wine without over spending. This completely surpassed our expectations!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKPegbegDined on 6/29/2014We had not been to this restaurant in a while. The food was ok, but the service was quite slow. With a location close to a lot of competition they are probably loosing customers a little. We were also jammed into a corner & felt really crowded.Special Features: