300 West Hubbard
Chicago, IL 60610Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cocopazzochicago.com/
- Phone: 3128360900x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Federico Comacchio
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Coco Pazzo can cater a wide range of events from small dinners to large gatherings.
- Private Party Facilities: Coco Pazzo can serve large parties.
- Private Party Contact: Jack Weiss, Christina Butyuk 3128360900x
A word from Coco Pazzo
With wood beam ceilings, large bay windows, theatrical lighting & blue velvet drapes, Coco Pazzo is sophisticated dining in a modern, warm and inviting atmosphere. Located in the fashionable River North neighborhood, Coco Pazzo offers a Tuscan inspired seasonal menu and a Wine Spectator award-winning, all Italian wine list. A fifty-foot antique bar is available for dining and perfect for viewing the open kitchen & wood-burning oven.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Coco Pazzo reviews from OpenTable diners
194 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (93)special occasion (87)romantic (82)notable wine list (69)neighborhood gem (57)good for groups (55)great for lunch (30)hot spot (14)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Just OK for meImoADined on 8/30/2014I think I actually prefer the coco Pazzo cafe a lot better. Honestly, I didn't feel like it was particularly more intriguing than or Italian places I've been to. Food was delicious though but overall my experience there was just OK.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014We had a wonderful dinner here with great service. We ordered a whole baked Bronzino which was excellent . The 3 different sobettos were the best I have had outside of Italy. We were told they make sorbettos and gel ottos in house every day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodCabsterVIPDined on 8/27/2014Solid Italian wine list, great food, attentive service. Recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food wonderful....djcineDined on 8/25/2014as usual the food at Coco Pazzo was fabulous. The waiter seemed a little distracted .....we told them it was three people...we sat down and the table was set for three...and we were waiting for our third person to get there. The waiter seemed miffed that we wern't ready to order and that we would wait for our third person. (who came 10 minutes later) he seemed like if he hurried us along ...he could go home...he never smiled....Special Features:
- HonestLuizDined on 8/24/2014Good food and service. The 'antipasti' is soberb and the wine list is satisfactory.Special Features:
- Excellent Food & ServiceStephanie824Dined on 8/21/2014Coco Pazzo is a fantastic restaurant. The service is outstanding, the staff is friendly and helpful, the wine list is extensive, and the food is to die for. I highly recommend getting the Antipasti as an appetizer (it's doled out according to how many people are in your party)--a wonderful assortment of olives, cheeses, roasted vegetables, and cured meats--it definitely won't disappoint. The Gnocchetti is made fresh and is so light, you won't feel weighed down afterward. It is served in a light tomato sauce, also made fresh. Dessert is worth getting, too, if you still have room after your meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A firm favouritBazToneDined on 8/20/2014Welcoming, good service, excellent food, extensive wine list (with knowledgable advice) - what more could you ask of a restaurant?Special Features:
- Great Lunch SpotCindyDined on 8/20/2014Our food was absolutely delicious. Our waiter Michael was outstanding!! Will definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome SurpriseCaynerVIPDined on 8/20/2014Food, service, ambiance... it was a great experience for our business lunch.Special Features:
- Chuck & GgaylaVIPDined on 8/16/2014We love the atmosphere, energy, and food at Coco Pazzo. And as always it was very busy. Service was a bit spotty. We ordered several appetizers that came in good time but our dinner took an extraordinary amount of time. Also our waitress was working a few big tables and we sort of got a little "lost" in the hustle. Overall we'll return to Coco in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewAceroniDined on 8/15/2014We arrived for our one year anniversary celebration. I have always wanted to try Coco Pazzo (River North) after having eaten at the Coco Pazzo Café in Streeterville and enjoying it. We ordered the Antipasto special appetizer to start along with some drinks. Very good, got to try a bit of everything. My girlfriend ordered the gluten free pasta and I ordered 2 portions of pasta. everything was very good. The waiter was very nice and attentive. Overall great experience!Special Features:
- Excellent!JBEatsDined on 8/14/2014My first visit back in 8 years and a terrific experience! Now I know why they've been around for 22 yrs. service was excellent with a funny and knowledgable waitress. The food was very good and a unique prep of the sea bass. The ambience is gorgeous with wood and brick all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and nice ambianceNotARealFoodieDined on 8/12/2014I booked for a fairly large group and the hostess was very nice and accommodating when I unsuspectingly had to increase it to 3 more folks. I felt a little rushed, but the food was okay. LOVED the pate. Calamari was OKAY. And the pizza was the best. Veal chop was cooked to perfection however somewhat boring. The performance for the deboning of the sea bass was interesting. My arugula salad with artichoke left a bit to be desired, but perhaps in the future I'll ask for pepper. My favorite side was the bussel sprouts. It's a must try with a little salt. If you're wanting down home Italian, maybe this isn't the place for you, but fine dining it's great.Special Features:
- Over enthusiastic bus boysIreneviolinDined on 8/12/2014Dinner was delicious! However, we had not yet finished the bottle of wine we were drinking. Before we could blink, the bus boy came by and whisked away the bottle and removed two of our wine glasses that were empty. Instead of asking, this happened so quickly we were stunned. The waiter was friendly but clearly overworked because no one came by to refill wine glasses and we had to do that ourselves. Our wine bottle was whisked away with plenty of wine still left to drink. No one asked us if we were done and it happened so quickly that we were caught by surprise. The food was incredible, well-prepared and very tasty. Waiter friendly but could have been more attentive. My espresso cup taken way prematurely as well.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/12/2014Coco Pazzo used to be one of my favorites. But both my guest and I found the food disappointing. My pork chop was bland. My guest's octopus was bland. And while the waiter was very professional and knowledgeable, we both had the feeling he was trying to up-sell us with our meal selections and always seemed disappointed when we didn't order more food or liquor or desert.Special Features:
- Marvelous restauranttrainscoutDined on 8/5/2014Beautiful restaurant with wood beams and ceilings, romantic atmosphere, perfect service and delicious food. Could not ask for any better!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2014Greatly enjoyed our dinner--every meal was well liked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy Sunday NightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014I went to dinner here with 2 girlfriends on a Sunday night. We were surprised how busy they were, and the service was a little slow. Not a big deal because we were talking and having fun, but surprising how busy they were and the long wait for the main course to be served (we all got pasta).
- Sumptuous diningMorrisHowardDined on 7/27/2014From the first sip of wine to the last drop of coffee everything relished.Special Features:
- Wonderful Experience!PankoVIPDined on 7/26/2014First visit to Coco Pazzo, and it was fabulous. Beautiful layout, and it feels warm and romantic once the sun sets. We came expecting to find the best Italian in Chicago and were not disappointed. We started with a "special" appetizer pizza (shrimp, pesto and arugula) and had various seafood pastas. It's an all-Italian wine list, and the two bottles we selected were outstanding. Dessert was very good. Service was attentive without being intrusive. Overall, this was one of our most enjoyable dining experiences in Chicago. I wouldn't hesitate to go back or to recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steven19VIPDined on 7/25/2014Authentic Tuscan dining. Not your typical red sauce joint at all. This is fine Italian dining in a gorgeous room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulKimHoVIPDined on 7/24/2014Celebrated our anniversary here the other night. Had squash blossoms stuffed with mozzarella, served with a dab of tomato sauce. Very good, though I'm not a big fan of battered fried. It reminds me of tempura. Husband started with the Tuscan vegetable soup, which he enjoyed. Tasted very fresh. My entree was rigatoni with sausage & peas in a tomato cream sauce...excellent. Husband had the linguine with a light tomato sauce with asparagus added. Delicious. We enjoyed that it had no blaring music and the clientele was mostly adults over the age of 40. What a treat in a neighborhood over run with restaurants playing very loud thumping music and customers 25 and younger. A very refreshing change.Special Features:
- EddieDined on 7/20/2014Thanks so much. My girlfriend and I had a wonderful time and the food was fantastic.Special Features:
- hankDined on 7/18/2014We had a party of 6, visiting with friends from out of town. Everyone commented that the noise level was just right. It was lively, how-ever we could visit and all could be heard. They sat us at a round by the windows. Everyone loved the great table. Of course the food was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Office LuncheonTMafddgdsfdgfvgvVIPDined on 7/14/2014It had been several years since I have visited this restaurant. I was very pleased to find that the quality of the food was as good as I had remembered. Everyone was impressed. Very nice place and will be back sooner rather than later.Special Features:
- jeffDined on 7/12/2014really enjoyed Coco Pazzo, they do a nice job, liked that you weren't right on top of other diners like you can be at other places, nothing worse than going to a nice place and being right on top of other diners, friendly staff on our visit, good wine list, good food, we will go backSpecial Features:
- Very Good, but not OutstandingthinkpostDined on 7/12/2014I took my wife and two teenage daughters here for dinner. I read a lot of comments beforehand. We avoided sitting by the bar. Atmosphere is really nice! I would have to say the wood, brick, and draperies were extremely well done! The food was very good. The Sea Bass was very notable. The flourless chocolate cake was exceptional. We brought our own wine. That was the primary service failure. It was a 13 year old bottle of Cabernet. It was apparent the waiter had no idea how to treat a bottle like this. He did uncork it for the $35 corking fee, but nothing else. We had to ask to decant. No offer to aerate or filter. Much less depth of service than I have received at other 4+ star restaurants. The service of the meal was fine.
- Fantastic!JonTDined on 7/12/2014Food was fantastic. Service was top notch. Ambiance was pleasant. The perfect fit if you're looking for authentic italian experience in a unique (non-chain), classy setting. Will visit again the next time I'm in Chicago.Special Features:
- Will cross this one off my list . .GuitarMan71Dined on 7/12/2014The place itself was beautiful, great ambience, nice bar. I was really disappointed in the food, however, for the caliber of restaurant it is billed as. I ordered the veal chop, and first off, the cut of meat was extremely fatty. I order veal chops fairly frequently and typically enjoy them a lot. I was expecting a lot better of a cut of meat than what they offered. I also did not find the flavor that appealling. We have perhaps the most amazing Italian restaurant I've eaten at within the US, oddly enough in Sheboygan Wisconsin, called Trattoria Stefano's, and his black truffle veal chop absolutely blows the doors off of this one. In addition, the staff was very clinical, and not as warm and engaging as I'd have liked.Special Features:
- One of my favorite restaurants!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014I never miss a chance to eat at the Coco Pazzo when I'm in Chicago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2014The soup starters we ordered were both good, and my wife liked her gnochetti. The daily special I ordered was inconsistent, as the duck breast was quite good (mostly due to a great sauce) but the leg confit was so dry it was essentially inedible. Service was middling.
- Good timefoodiefestDined on 7/5/2014Food was good we got the Branzino al Forno and Rigatoni alla Buttera, the presentation was great and the place has a good atmosphere, the fish had a few bones so be careful.Special Features:
- Had a great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014We went out with a couple of our very good friends. Overall we had a great time. The good was excellent and many different wine options. There were only a couple of things to make mention. We were brought out a dish that we did not order and ended up paying for because they thought we ordered that as well. We ordered a second bottle of wine and had it poured in a decanter. We did not finish the bottle of wine and wanted to take the rest to go. They had thrown our wine bottle and cork away so we had to use a different wine bottle that had to be rinsed out. Really wasn't any good by the time we brought it home that night to have another glass. Other than that everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very happy dinerRareReviewerVIPDined on 7/5/2014We have been dining at Coco Pazzo for many years. It is our favorite restaurant in Chicago, not only because it does everything (food, service, et al.) exceptionally well but also because the staff clearly treats you like a welcome, special guest. That is a talent that has disappeared over the years & nobody does it better than Coco Pazzo. They make you feel good when you are greeted at the door, as you enjoy your meal & when you walk out the door. If you haven't tried Coco Pazzo, you're missing a rare dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Food in ChicagoLisaVIPDined on 7/5/2014The food here is consistently innovative and tasty. Two of my dishes contained fava beans, a real treat only available for two months per year. My mushroom appetizer was outstanding and my husband's salad was exceptional. Our main courses of steak and fish were also wonderful. I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but noisyPapapatVIPDined on 6/30/2014Do not get a table near the bar. Noisy patrons caused us to move our table. Food and service good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014The ambiance was great but was underwhelmed with the halibut special. Fish was very bland and dry. Soup was ok but nothing special. Was there on a Monday night so may have to try again on another night.
- Great eveningDoitagainDined on 6/28/2014Everything about our dinner at Coco Pazzo was outstanding. The meal and service was incredible. We look forward to returning regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food with fine serviceMitchCaryVIPDined on 6/27/2014Our server was friendly and helpful, giving us good advice on wine, entrees and dessert. She was dead on in all cases. Pici entree was perfection! always have a fantastic meal here and the wait staff are extremely professional -- every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would go again in a heartbeat!ChillersDined on 6/27/2014Great food, great service. We were never rushed and enjoyed a fantastic meal. We were looking for a relaxing evening and that 'a exactly what we experienced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.