1600 Fairplex Dr.
Pomona, CA 91768Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cocopalmrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (909) 469-1965
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Tuesday - Saturday: 11am - 3pm SUNDAY BRUNCH: 10:00am - 3pm DINNER: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm CLOSED ALL DAY ON MONDAYS.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Spanish, Cuban
- Executive Chef: Felipe Castro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On-Site and Off-site catered Events up to 300 guests. Check our website for details.
- Private Party Facilities: CocoPalm has several private dining rooms all with Valley views that can accommodate as little as 15 and up to 300 guests. Outdoor patios can accommodate as little as 10 and up to 275 guests also.
- Entertainment: Wednesday Nights: The Coco Palm features a live trio band playing lively Bolero music and songs by Sandra Valdivia every Wednesday night from 7pm-9pm in the Bolero Room. Thursday Nights: Saxophonist Nate Wilson plays smooth sets of contemporary and classic music in the main bar lounge, which can be heard in all the dining rooms. Friday Nights: Enjoy an evening dinner, then take some Salsa lessons in the nightclub (lessons from 8:30p-9:30p). Then join the world famous "Chino Espinoza y Los Dueños del Son", a 10 piece live salsa band. Nightclub closes at 1:00am. It's always a good idea to call the restaurant for certain blackout nights, especially in December.
A word from Coco Palm
Havana meets Madrid at Coco Palm, the beautiful hilltop restaurant overlooking the San Gabriel Valley. Begin your evening with a Mojito or Sangria in the lounge, and then enjoy dinner while listening to our house music in the elegant restaurant, specializing in traditional Spanish and Cuban cuisine. Don't miss the Paelia Valencia or the House Steak, a 56oz bone-in rib chop for sharing. A variety of fresh seafood is available daily - from lobster and shrimp to fresh salmon in Albarino wine sauce or loin of Sea Bass in a Mango-miso sauce. Afterwards, show your moves in the Coco Room where every Friday we offer free salsa lessons, followed by a live twelve-piece salsa band. On Sundays we offer a spectacular all-you-can-eat Champagne Brunch, and an all-you-can-eat lunch is served daily. Valet Parking is mandatory on most nights, $5/vehicle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Coco Palm - Best Restaurants in Pomona ›
Coco Palm reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (63)special occasion (59)romantic (50)good for groups (35)great for brunch (23)neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (17)great for outdoor dining (16)great for lunch (15)hot spot (13)late-night find (12)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (6)Show More
- good place, great food, great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Just had to wait a while for my reservation, other then that it was nice waiter was great he suggested a meal which was bomb..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing place, food was amazing, view amazingEdgardo7Dined on 11/20/2014The places was amazing, everyone was friendly it was my first time going to coco palms. Aracely our server was amazing she make sure everything was going great with us, I choose coco palms because I was told it had amazing people working there and it was true they are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/14/2014The place is great and the view is amazing , we were very disappointed with the food , I got the paella and it was very bad ,it took 30 minutes to just mix everything together with bad rice.Special Features:
- RabbitDined on 11/9/2014Excellent variety of food for everyone's palate. Understated neighborhood gem in the hills. The crew is friendly and accommodating. This is my 2nd visit to Coco Palm, unfortunately I found this visit to be very noisy due to a special event that was occurring which made it challenging for me to hear the guests. Other than the noise experienced on our last visit, I love Coco and will return.Special Features:
- First impressionFreddyDined on 11/8/2014Celebrated my girlfriend and I first year anniversary and I wanted to take her somewhere we had never been. The Coco Palm was the obvious choice we both loved it, excellent dining experience. Our waiter was attentive and polite will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great costumer servicecocoDined on 11/8/2014Since we got there the host was very helpful. We checked in and 5 mins later they called us and sat us down. The waitress was very polite and helpful. Plus we got to test wines for free. Great overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect SundaysAngieDined on 11/2/2014My boyfriend and I dined here for Sunday brunch and it was excellent. The food was outstanding. It would be hard to pick just one favorite, but if I must I would say the slow roasted pork. Or maybe the oxtail stew. I just can't pick. The service was exceptional with the wait staff ready to help with anything. Also, to add to the beautiful meal was the outstanding view. This is a great place for couples and a group if you want to enjoy great food and conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary at Coco PalmReginaldDined on 11/2/2014The food, service, and overall experience was its usual outstanding experience! The Paella was out if this world!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doc1Dined on 10/29/2014The music by Sandra y Carlos Fernandez is the best in so. CaliforniaSpecial Features:
- Exceeded Our expectations!25yrsAnnivDined on 10/28/2014My husband and I made dinner reservations a few days ago for last night(10/28/14) 6:45pm our request also included a window view. We were celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary. I just want to say Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! your staff provided excellent service.....this is why we chose to wait till Tuesday since Coco Palm is closed on Mondays, we wanted to have a special dinner at a special place. We’ve been here before and love buying gift cards to your Restaurant for special people and special occasions because I want everyone to experience good food, good service and good ambience. We especially enjoyed the Guava Cheesecake with “Happy Anniversary” written in ChocolateSpecial Features:
- Semi DisappointedkukeDined on 10/26/2014This was the 4th or 5th time we've been back to Coco Palm, and I was very disappointed with the service. The crab legs were salty and so was the paella. The ox-tail continues to be tasty, and not sure if we'll go back again.Special Features:
- Fantastic Sunday brunchCaretDined on 10/26/2014I have been to Coco Palms on several occasions for the Sunday brunch and always enjoyed my experience. The food has been consistently delicious. Buffets always present a challenge in keeping the food fresh, hot, and moist, but Coco Palms does a great job. My boyfriend had never been so I decided to take him for a nice Sunday meal. It was a romantic and enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not to happyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2014The only problem I had was that I asked for a view and there was an open table right by the window and they sat us in the middle of the room, which I didn't like and then they sat another couple at that take instead of usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing venuepiershaDined on 10/17/2014Loved every minute cant image a better place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Our waitress was superb, personable and attentive. it's a shame I did not get her name.Special Features:
- The experience was amazing!!!JerryinloveDined on 10/11/2014Alway talked about going here and I suprised my wife, we loved it we will come back from the food to the view and the service all worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseAlGeeDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I were a little skeptical about dinning at the Coco Palm and were even contemplating a "Plan B" should we not like the restaurant right away. As soon as we walked in we loved the atmosphere. The entire staff was incredibly nice and the food was seriously delicious. Not what we expected and we enjoyed our night. Great food and if you can get a window table, great view as well. We plan on returning again soon.Special Features:
- Salsita101Dined on 10/10/2014Service at the restaurant was poor, waitress showed no customer service skills whatsoever luckily we decided to moved to the bar area were the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite place!GallaghersVIPDined on 10/10/2014My family and I love eating at Coco Palm Restaurant. We have dinner here on a regular basis. Love the food, the service, and the ambiance. Everyone there is very friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breathtaking...Calilove92Dined on 10/4/2014The view was amazing, the lighting was very romantic but also great for groups. Our server Araceli was very prompt and courteous. The food was as amazing as the views. There were 2 wedding receptions and the nightclub all in full swing that night. However, it didn't take away from my goups experience at all.Special Features:
- Biased ReviewSimpleOCLadyDined on 10/3/2014I got married at this restaurant and so my husband and I came here to celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary. The food was delicious, our waiter was professional and efficient, and the scenery of the night lights was pretty. I will definitely be coming back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the waitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014After many years of driving by and saying to myself " I gotta go one day," I finaly went and worth it. Went for my mother's birthday and she had a blast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality over quantityBettyBoopDined on 9/28/2014I've been to brunches, where there is a very wide selection of foods, but it was not very good. The Coco Palm brunch, is smaller, more select but the QUALITY is great. Seafood, meats, salad, fruit, and Paella are great. Deserts are also very good. Great mimosas, overall a good experience.Special Features:
- A little disappointedAgirlwholovestoeatDined on 9/24/2014Our first time. We were looking forward to eating there for so long. I had requested to be seated by the love music, she walked us in and stated there was no window seats but we can sit anywhere. There were 2 open tables by the window "reserved" for people who showed up as we were leaving who seemed to be "regulars"... Less then 10 minutes after we sat down the band took their break and just played a cd while they ate. I would have rather sat in another room and listened to the cd so we could of at least enjoyed the scenery. It was my fiances birthday and I truly wanted something special :( unfortunately it didn't go too well.Special Features:
- Grandmas cookingHavaqbnDined on 9/21/2014There are some very good Cuban restaurants but none as authentic as Coco PalmsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice classy atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014The setting and views were very nice but the food was just average. Nice place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jojo1961Dined on 9/19/2014It was terrible experience to have brunch there. The food was terrible and the server was not kind at all. I will never have brunch at coco palm again.Special Features:
- first time...will go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014my s/o wanted to go to a nice place for my belated birthday celebration. we were seated immediately and alfonso was our waiter. he's one of the best I have ever had. i have some dietary restrictions and he kept me informed of ingredients that he thought I should know about. the food came out in a reasonable amount of time. our water glasses were always full which is important to me as I drink copious amount during my meals. we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- coco palmCocopalmsDined on 9/17/2014food and service was great, you guys have to try the steak.Special Features:
- PerfectMiguelZDined on 9/14/2014I had taken my girlfriend here for a surprise and it was beyond enjoyable :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat DisappointedUplandBillyVDined on 9/12/2014The only review I can give is, "I will not return to this place again". The wait staff was excellent and Manager were courteous, but the chef and kitchen staff need training. The main courses were disappointing and it is obvious the chef does not care enough to watch out for his guests. The steaks we well done when medium rare was the order and the vegetable sides were cold. The clams were salty and not because of the ocean, salt was obviously added.Special Features:
- buffalo36Dined on 9/6/2014This was the second time my wife and I have eaten at the Coco Palms. I took her for her birthday a couple of years ago and she took me there for mine this year. The staff is friendly and very attentive. Our waitress Jessica was fantastic! The food is perfectly cooked and didn't have to wait a week to get served. Highly recommend. A little pricey but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerDined on 9/6/2014Way over priced. Also, I believe the menu on line states there is a lunch meno along with the buffet. Only the buffet was available. Too expensive for that food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014The crab dish was far below par (too salty and crab meat rubbery). However, the ribs were excellent!Special Features:
- Coco PalmmeowmeowDined on 9/3/2014It was our first time to dine at the Coco Palm Restaurant. I made the reservation on line and requested a table by the window. I also indicated that it was my husband's birthday. The restaurant did not forget our request / note. By the time we got to the restaurant, the table (by the window) was ready. A nice music band was playing the whole evening. The food was tasty and the ambience was great. At the end of the dinner, the waiter took out a piece of cheese cake with a lighted candle in it and gave it to my husband. The music band sang a birthday song. We really had a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!SheenaBDined on 8/29/2014Always happy with the Coco Palm. My husband and I got married here 5 years ago and had dinner over the weekend to celebrate. Amazing food, wonderful service and can't beat the view (ask for a table by the window!). This will always be a special place for us.Special Features:
- Not satisfiedSweepotDined on 8/24/2014It was a quiet night. We ordered the mixed platter for appetizer and most of us ordered the prefix dinner. The portions were big. Our food were a bit salty. The server served our dessert before getting our coffee order. The ice-cream was already melting by the time it was served.Special Features:
- Parent Anniversaryvto777Dined on 8/24/2014I took my Parents for brunch to celebrate their 36yr anniversary. My parents had so much fun. They loved the food and the spectacular view. The mimosas kept on coming and the music kept on playing. Service was excellent. I can count excellent service with one hand. And I have to say this place is on my top three.Special Features:
- Loved this place. A must1cocogoDined on 8/17/2014What a beautiful place. Food was Cuban and coming from a Mexican I should know. Just kidding. The other patrons identified as Cuban and they came in large groups to party. My party loved having the birthday celebration there. Please with reaction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for all occasions!GallaghersVIPDined on 8/16/2014Love the food, service, and ambiance! We made it our family restaurant. We love to celebrate every occasion here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.