1600 Fairplex Dr.
Pomona, CA 91768Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cocopalmrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9094691965
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Tuesday - Saturday: 11am - 3pm SUNDAY BRUNCH: 10:00am - 3pm DINNER: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm CLOSED ALL DAY ON MONDAYS.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Spanish, Cuban
- Executive Chef: Felipe Castro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On-Site and Off-site catered Events up to 300 guests. Check our website for details.
- Private Party Facilities: CocoPalm has several private dining rooms all with Valley views that can accommodate as little as 15 and up to 300 guests. Outdoor patios can accommodate as little as 10 and up to 275 guests also.
- Entertainment: Wednesday Nights: The Coco Palm features a live trio band playing lively Bolero music and songs by Sandra Valdivia every Wednesday night from 7pm-9pm in the Bolero Room. Thursday Nights: Saxophonist Nate Wilson plays smooth sets of contemporary and classic music in the main bar lounge, which can be heard in all the dining rooms. Friday Nights: Enjoy an evening dinner, then take some Salsa lessons in the nightclub (lessons from 8:30p-9:30p). Then join the world famous "Chino Espinoza y Los Dueños del Son", a 10 piece live salsa band. Nightclub closes at 1:00am. It's always a good idea to call the restaurant for certain blackout nights, especially in December.
A word from Coco Palm
Havana meets Madrid at Coco Palm, the beautiful hilltop restaurant overlooking the San Gabriel Valley. Begin your evening with a Mojito or Sangria in the lounge, and then enjoy dinner while listening to our house music in the elegant restaurant, specializing in traditional Spanish and Cuban cuisine. Don't miss the Paelia Valencia or the House Steak, a 56oz bone-in rib chop for sharing. A variety of fresh seafood is available daily - from lobster and shrimp to fresh salmon in Albarino wine sauce or loin of Sea Bass in a Mango-miso sauce. Afterwards, show your moves in the Coco Room where every Friday we offer free salsa lessons, followed by a live twelve-piece salsa band. On Sundays we offer a spectacular all-you-can-eat Champagne Brunch, and an all-you-can-eat lunch is served daily. Valet Parking is mandatory on most nights, $5/vehicle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Coco Palm - Best Restaurants in Pomona ›
Coco Palm reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (61)special occasion (59)romantic (52)good for groups (32)great for brunch (25)great for outdoor dining (17)fit for foodies (14)notable wine list (12)great for lunch (12)neighborhood gem (12)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- coco palmOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/17/2014food and service was great, you guys have to try the steak.Special Features:
- PerfectMiguelZDined on 9/14/2014I had taken my girlfriend here for a surprise and it was beyond enjoyable :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat DisappointedUplandBillyVDined on 9/12/2014The only review I can give is, "I will not return to this place again". The wait staff was excellent and Manager were courteous, but the chef and kitchen staff need training. The main courses were disappointing and it is obvious the chef does not care enough to watch out for his guests. The steaks we well done when medium rare was the order and the vegetable sides were cold. The clams were salty and not because of the ocean, salt was obviously added.Special Features:
- buffalo36Dined on 9/6/2014This was the second time my wife and I have eaten at the Coco Palms. I took her for her birthday a couple of years ago and she took me there for mine this year. The staff is friendly and very attentive. Our waitress Jessica was fantastic! The food is perfectly cooked and didn't have to wait a week to get served. Highly recommend. A little pricey but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerDined on 9/6/2014Way over priced. Also, I believe the menu on line states there is a lunch meno along with the buffet. Only the buffet was available. Too expensive for that food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014The crab dish was far below par (too salty and crab meat rubbery). However, the ribs were excellent!Special Features:
- Coco PalmmeowmeowDined on 9/3/2014It was our first time to dine at the Coco Palm Restaurant. I made the reservation on line and requested a table by the window. I also indicated that it was my husband's birthday. The restaurant did not forget our request / note. By the time we got to the restaurant, the table (by the window) was ready. A nice music band was playing the whole evening. The food was tasty and the ambience was great. At the end of the dinner, the waiter took out a piece of cheese cake with a lighted candle in it and gave it to my husband. The music band sang a birthday song. We really had a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!SheenaBDined on 8/29/2014Always happy with the Coco Palm. My husband and I got married here 5 years ago and had dinner over the weekend to celebrate. Amazing food, wonderful service and can't beat the view (ask for a table by the window!). This will always be a special place for us.Special Features:
- Not satisfiedSweepotDined on 8/24/2014It was a quiet night. We ordered the mixed platter for appetizer and most of us ordered the prefix dinner. The portions were big. Our food were a bit salty. The server served our dessert before getting our coffee order. The ice-cream was already melting by the time it was served.Special Features:
- Parent AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014I took my Parents for brunch to celebrate their 36yr anniversary. My parents had so much fun. They loved the food and the spectacular view. The mimosas kept on coming and the music kept on playing. Service was excellent. I can count excellent service with one hand. And I have to say this place is on my top three.Special Features:
- Loved this place. A must1cocogoDined on 8/17/2014What a beautiful place. Food was Cuban and coming from a Mexican I should know. Just kidding. The other patrons identified as Cuban and they came in large groups to party. My party loved having the birthday celebration there. Please with reaction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SADominguezDined on 8/10/2014Their food, what I tasted, was great. My only unfavorable comment would be with the mimosa, they tasted flat. Also the waiters were a little slow.Special Features:
- Romantic restaurant for couples!metalchainDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I loved the food and the service there the scenery...we had a great view of the freeway and city, the food is an up scale level but it is delicious for us it was our anniversary so it was well worth it and everything my wife wanted!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food great view.idaniaDined on 8/8/2014It was my first time here.everything was great except that it took an hr to get our food.we finished our wine bottle before we got our food.other than the timing everything else was good. And the view was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time!... Great experience!Xio93Dined on 8/8/2014Celebrating mom's bday here was a complete success! We did it a ladies night out and everyone had agood time. The food and service were excellent! Brian was attending our table and he was great and very patient with us, thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- piggyinthe909Dined on 8/8/2014The ambiance and our server were great. The food itself needed help. I ordered a lobster and it came out over cooked and dried. It had no taste at all. The extra touch and the end was a surprise to us. We were celebrating our 22 anniversary and it was nice to receive a complimentary cheesecake. My food was not that great. I am definitely a foodie and I would come back if the food had some pizazz in it. After all we go to a restaurant to eat and the ambiance is or should be a secondSpecial Features:
- Anniversary BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014My husband I got married at Coco Palm's on Sunday August 3, 2008 we were celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary and it was just as we remembered great atmosphere delicious food. My husband had the "trio" play our favorite song. Thank you for making it special Coco Palm's.Special Features:
- Cuthere123Dined on 8/3/2014Food that was suppose to be hot was cold and not a wide selection of food to pick from
- outstandingedvardDined on 7/29/2014would defenitly recommend this place to family friendsSpecial Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Great Cuban food. Excellent service from Gisele every time we come :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic settingPOPSSSOTELALOVEGREATFOOD1Dined on 7/25/2014Great service and outstanding food a Gem in the foothills of Pomona. A very Romantic place to have a lovely evening with your special love.Special Features:
- Great food and nice serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/24/2014Their Toma Hawk steak is best of the best...Together with Salads and some seafood, we could enjoy their food to the maximum satisfaction.Special Features:
- Our server William was great!TierraDined on 7/23/2014As frequent guests to Coco Palms, we have never been disappointed with the experience! Our server William has very professional, courteous and attentive...exceptional service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CubaDined on 7/22/2014Great ambiance with excellent food. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Celebrating Any Occasionsbigpete61Dined on 7/22/2014We went here to celebrate my daughter's birthday. The food was excellent, and the wait staff was very professional and friendly. We ordered the Tomahawk Chop, it was cooked to perfection. All aspects of the evening was perfect. I would recommend Coco Palms to anyone who is looking to have a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic...CubanDadDined on 7/15/2014My wife and I always go for birthdays and Valentines day...always the best.... Just a suggestion, add Cuban picadillo to the menu... We know the menu changes often but each time we go, you don't have it... But the food is excellent and the mojitos are smooth..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014Enjoyed my dinner at the Palms, it was a nice place with a great view! The food was great and the manager came to our table and took personal care of us, brought us a sample of a dish that we weren't sure if we wanted to try. I had chicken and my guest had steak, and our food was great. I would suggest heading there with a large appetite so that you have enough room for the main course along with an appetizer. Would recommend this place to anyone and look forward to coming back to sample more of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/1/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in Los Angeles. Our waiter was sweet and recommended us great appetizer and entree which are our favorite( I forgot the names...) but you have to try their $55 prim rib that cooked with the rib bone, they will bring out the whole piece and cut it in front of you. Their lobster bisque soup is also the best it's a must try!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Cuban food in California!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/25/2014The only other place where I have had Cuban food this good is in Florida (and, of course, Cuba, where lived until 1960). The service, view and food are all excellent. Great for special occasions or a romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experienceErikikaDined on 6/22/2014Even do I didn't get the window view. I was offer the outside seating which was lovely. I love to eat outside and feel the air. I guess since I work at a hospital I get no outside feel.The restaurant was so nice. A wedding was in place which it didn't really bother me at all. It was a SundaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MY favorite romantic restaurantEat2LoveDined on 6/21/2014From the moment you pull into the driveway, you feel like you are entering a romantic, secluded retreat. The decor is modern and elegant, yet somehow warm and inviting and intimate. The wall of windows offers a spectacular view of the valley. (It reminds us of our favorite restaurant from our honeymoon in the Bahamas.) But best of all is the food. Starting with the bread and bean dip...the tropical salad choices...the side dishes of plantains and black beans and rice...each offering a unique flavor that make you want to come back because you know you can't get them anywhere else. And the meat dishes are divine!! Whether you get the filet mignon or the sea bass, either one will simply melt in your mouth!! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Romantic spotVtom84Dined on 6/21/2014The staff was welcoming, the decor modern and clean, nice view of SG valley. Great appetizers and delicious flavors. We had he fixed price dinner for $29.99. Appetizer is soup or salad, main course is steak, fish of the day, two other meat options, and dessert was cheesecake or flan. We got two addtl appetizers- tostones and shrimp cocktail. Everything was divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewRochelleDined on 6/21/2014Service was not good near the end of meal ,, buffet trays ,,, were not kept full.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014Celebrating our anniversary at the coco palm was the best choose we made. The food was hot & delicious. The staff was always attentive to our needs & the view was spectacular. Our waiter was William & he made our visit special. We will definitely visit the Coco Palm again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty!!Lik2eatoutDined on 6/15/2014The food is seasoned very well. The view is refreshing and it's just a nice place to go for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NewYork40Dined on 6/11/2014Very authentic Cuban food! Gotta have there classic Mojito!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDanielDined on 6/7/2014food and service were wonderful. they accommodated everywaySpecial Features:
- cocojune2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014Food and service were great. However , the "ceviche", my favorite dish, had a slight funny taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/1/2014Excellent food and service. Paella was delicious as were the oxtails and ropa vieja. Great viewSpecial Features:
- Lunch buffetDavidVIPDined on 5/24/2014We have been coming here for 8 years- buffet prices have jumped from $9.95 to currently $17.95. The buffet has the same food every day why don't they offer different food occasionally?!Special Features: