4500-C Tassajara Road
Dublin, CA 94566Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cococabanadublin.com/
- Phone: (925) 556-9055
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 4PM - 10PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin / Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Sadaf Shaghasi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer catering for weddings, parties, business meetings and any other events. We customize all menus with the guest to ensure full satisfaction.
- Private Party Facilities: Banquet Room for up to 60 people sit down is available.
- Private Party Contact: Sadaf 9258583007
- Special Events: Nice elegant banquet room for parties up to 60 people. Also, outdoor patio for parties up to 50. We customize menus to fit your budget.
A word from Coco Cabana
A unique dining experience inspired by the majestic flavors of all Latin American countries. Coco Cabana is the latest blend of modern Latin heat and flavor. Offering a relaxed and elegant dining experience, throughout the restaurant and lounge, with an extensive tapas and regular menu for everyone. Fresh fruit sangrias, mojitos, local wines and specialty cocktails will highlight the bold flavors of the cuisine. Come eat, drink & relax @ Coco Cabana.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Coco Cabana - Best Restaurants in Dublin ›
Coco Cabana reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (22)fit for foodies (20)vibrant bar scene (19)neighborhood gem (17)special occasion (14)great for outdoor dining (13)great for lunch (13)hot spot (11)late-night find (10)romantic (8)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Fabulous tapas!ChristianeDined on 10/24/2013We were visiting a friend in the bay area and her husband recommended this restaurant for our Girls' Night Out. It was perfect! The food was wonderful, the buffalo wings were unique but extremely memorable - battered and fried, yet light, moist and flavorful! We were talking about it all the way home to L.A.! The hummus and pizza were also very good! I ordered a steak and shrimp entree in addition to the tapas and it was perfect, melt in your mouth goodness along with 3 giant prawns! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- limited happy hourdisappointedVIPDined on 10/17/2013The Happy Hour seems quite popular but the food choices very limited. The dinner salads are very nicely done.
- Lemondrop Cheesecake deliciousHappyDined on 9/15/2013This was the first time dining at Coco Cabana. I was one of a group of six. As much as we all enjoyed the entrees, the desserts were a wonderful finish to a great meal! I plan on going back just for the Cheesecake. Our waiter while very nice, seemed to be learning the trade. I was a little nervous when he was walking behind one of the ladies of our group with a full, teetering tray of drinks. Although it was nice not to have the waiter in our face while our group was "catching up", it would have been appreciated not to feel like we had been forgotten. All in all, a very nice restaurant that we plan to go back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2013It's our 3rd time there for dinner and we were extremely pleased with our dinner choices once again. Just love the lamb skewers with creamy rice, the tomato curry soup, plantains, Arroz con Mariscos, Primavera salad, and the Lava Cake. Everything was sooo tasty. Love the Happy Hour drinks too.
- They must have had an off nightDemarisJewelryDined on 8/30/2013We've been here several times but this was not that great. Took at least 15 minutes to even get our drinks, it was not that busy and there were three bartenders. Our first entree, empanadas, came out lukewarm. I told the waiter, who was very nice, and he comped it for us. The next entree, clams, came with five empty shells out of about 15. I told the waiter again and he had them send out another full order, again with empty shells. I didn't bother telling him since he had sent us a whole order. The only thing that saved the dinner was the very nice waiter. We were not impressed that night otherwise. Too bad as its usually very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodShurltzDined on 8/30/2013We went there for a few appetizers and drinks . Got seated immediately.,but took awhile to see a waiter or to get drinks ,it was very busy .the waiters were running and apologizing all the way through the meal . Sitting outside was pleasant but could use some patio ambiance ,plants ,railings or etc to hide ,sound barrier for the cars ,as you are facing the street and lots of traffic. Food was just ok but did enjoy the different variety of spices ,the mussels were very good. It is very very Noisey inside. Was glad we were outsideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2013Nice server; reasonable prices; & The food was good - but a bit salty. Very noisy but some outside seating. I do plan to return.Special Features:
- Business LunchDwayneDined on 8/19/2013Great spot for a business lunch. Fairly quiet and wait staff didn't hurry us out.Special Features:
- first time at restaurant..beatufulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2013first time at restaurant..beatuful decor and had updacale feel for bing in strip mall setting. Prices very reasonable for the amount of food you get. GReat Tapas selection, you could make a meal out 3 tapas for 2 people easily. Would go back again!Special Features:
- Third visit and we are happy!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/10/2013We've been 3 times, once at dinner and twice at lunch. At dinner, on a Saturday, the place was crowded and the music was energetic. The place was quiet and empty both times at lunch (Fri and Sat). That's ok with us though since our kids could get loud. It does not "look" kid-friendly but it actually is. Honestly, they'd get way more business if they let it be known that kids are welcome. They have high chairs if needed. The kids get crayons and paper. No kids menu but they have pizza as well as pasta. Our boys get pizza and wings. Grown up food is really good. We've tried many dishes and enjoyed them all. It's pan-Latin-fusion and many dishes have an Indian/curry influence which is yummy! Happy hour is great (on Saturdays too!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot! Was very happyTmacDined on 7/17/2013Great Spot! Was very happy with ambience and service, loved the tapas. Will frequent again!Special Features:
- BadMitchgirlVIPDined on 7/14/2013I have been here serval times bit this visit was much different. The server was non existent and the food was awful. The veggie tacos had maybe 3 little strips of red bell peppers and an onion or something. They were soooooooo oily I was grossed out watching my friend fight the drips falling from her fingers. I wanted the barbacoa tacos but they were out of beef...Really, out? I opted for the chicken tacos which were mah. In all, this visit sucked.
- too noisytvballcardsDined on 7/13/2013I was there on Saturday evening. I liked everything about the restaurant, however sitting inside, it was quite noisy. I realize there's not much to be done about this, but I thought you should know. It was so loud that I could barely hear my friend right next to me. I see that the "Rate your dining experience" above uses the term "energetic", but that doesn't do it justice. I consider it so loud that I may have to choose another dining location. I am looking for a spot to have a comfortable, casual conversation, but I'm afraid this is not it. I could choose to sit outside, but that only works for a short period when the weather is nice. I'm sorry but this is the way I feel.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/11/2013loved the food here. A lot of flavor, good variety and tapas is a lot of fun with friends.Special Features:
- Rather disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/29/2013Despite not being terribly full, restaurant was quite noisy. The hostess was nice enough to move us to a table by the wall where it was a little quieter. Had a goat cheese appetizer that wasn't bad, but it didn't come with many toast slices so requested more. Was surprised to see an additional charge at the end for these; this hasn't happened at other restaurants we have gone to. My wife's steak was good. My arroz con mariscos was dry and overcooked; the smaller mussels were actually crunchy, and all the chorizo was completely dried out. We elected to pass on dessert.
- Great for celebrationsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/29/2013I love the modern feel of this restaurant, dim lighting, beautiful light fixtures, crystals and granite bar feel. The food was amazing! Yummy chicken tacos with tons of cilantro, delish sweet potato fries with aoli, lamp was cooked perfectly, everyone loved their dinners. We celebrated my mom's 60th birthday at Coco Cabana and they even let us bring our own cake and helped to serve it to our party. Very accommodating, good prompt service, delicious food, highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!!! <3OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2013I am always surprised that this place is not packed every weekend. I guess it's my place to go where i know I can get in without a wait. The food is excellent and the drinks are yummy! Definitely a great place to go for a date or even group event.Special Features:
- Once, but not twiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/28/2013Went here on a date, our server was pleasant and the food came out promptly. Entrees were disappointingly mediocre, bland. Place transforms into a dance club bar scene ~ 9:30 taking away what little atmosphere there was before. Had hoped for better.
- Food very good-quite flavorfulBogoDined on 6/28/2013Food very good-quite flavorful ! I will return but ask for a table in side room or against the wall. Acoustics are horrible. We struggled to make our conversations heard. Very noisy but loved the food. Server had no personality.Special Features:
- Went with family for father'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2013Went with family for father's day lunch and we all had a great time. The food was outstanding! The service was great! Would defenitely recommend to all friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I went here for a joint birthdayitalianfoodieDined on 6/15/2013I went here for a joint birthday dinner with my twin sister and boyfriend (and sister's fiance). We started off with drinks (of course!) and they came out really fast. We ordered the jalapeno artichoke dip to start and it was delicious! We all ordered something different for dinner and they were all very good. Since it was mine, my sister's and boyfriend's birthdays they also brought out a delicious dessert for all 3 of us that was a type of chocolate mousse layered with flan I believe. Very good! Our waiter was excellent and our food came out very fast. Very good service. I'm excited to come here again to try the other tapas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun placegirlsnightoutDined on 6/11/2013We needed a spot for five girlfriends to gather to celebrate a birthday. The food was very good, the ambiance great and our server, Tyler, was awesome. Very attentive to our needs. Since we're all over 50 it wasn't like he was attentive because we're young and cute. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No title but i can say allalohafusion2die4Dined on 6/9/2013No title but i can say all my girlfriends really love the food and want to come back for another happy hour. best food best wine.Special Features:
- Since discovering the restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2013Since discovering the restaurant, we have returned several times and were never disappointed. My husband and I have brought family and friends at different occasions, and they enjoyed the food and service as well. My only regret was they removed the bbq lamb ribs from the appetizer selections and it was one of our favorite orders. They made it consistently tasty each time. I am grateful to the chef and waitstaff for accommodating our one last time request to order the dish so my mom could try it and she enjoyed it immensely. I hope they continue to keep up the great menu and service.Special Features:
- Forced Tip Kills the ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/7/2013This is sad to say but my low rating is due to one very important insult to me as a customer. This is the second time I went to this restaurant and this was the second time there was a forced gratuity/tip added to my check. I forgave it the first time because I truly liked the food but now I have to voice my opinion. The first time I came in as a party of 2 and the second time I came in as a party of 5 (actually 4 adults and 1 three year old). I just checked their website menu and the policy states added gratuity for parties of 6 or more. I would have tipped more than the forced amount but not after this. The service was good but that doesn't excuse this practice.
- Fun time for allterrybDined on 5/12/2013Went here for a birthday, took a three year old but, sat outside where he had a great time. Lots of room for him to play without disturbing anyone and the staff was awesome with him. Got the all time most adorable server...Justin is a doll face and very sweet and good at his job. He made us feel so welcome and his killer smile melted us. The food was great although the ceviche was too hot for some. I liked it! The inside looked a little frantic but, I haven't tried it.Special Features:
- Terriblefoodie4lifeDined on 5/12/2013I took my mom here for Mother's Day. I called to make a reservation before 4 so we could get the brunch menu (our reservation was at 4:15), but the woman I spoke with on the phone said they weren't taking any more reservations before that time. My mom and I showed up around 3:45 and the restaurant was pretty empty...very disappointing. We ordered our food and our appetizers came out fairly quickly, but our actual meals came out over 30 minutes later...after we complained to another waiter! Our food wasn't even hot anymore and my vegetables weren't cooked all the way through. The appetizer was good and a side of my mom's meal was good, but overall, terrible dining experience.Special Features:
- Mother's Day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013We are very happy with our decision to go to Coco Cabana. We tried to make a reservation elsewhere, for the same time, and were told we had a one hour window to eat. Not cool. Not only was the service great, Tuan our waiter, but the food was great. As we have come to expect from his place. Our 5 year old enjoyed her food, and most importantly, her Lava cake. Good job. You made one family happySpecial Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/11/2013I was hoping to find a local gem but it turned out to be a lump of coal. Sadly the tapas tasted as if they came out of cardboard boxes. It's a great place to grab some cocktails and finger foods for happy hour but its not a great restaurant for a meal. It's obvious that the place is managed by inexperienced restaurant owners; no food expeditors, too few food servers and overall disorganized work flows throughout. I won't be going back myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Backdoor diningLouDVIPDined on 5/11/2013Have lived here for almost a year and am disappointed I just found this place...thanks to Open Table. Tapas food was great. Perfect seasoning. Very well presented, you almost feel bad eating a piece of "art" Great job by waite staff. Everything was perfect.Special Features:
- Must Try ItOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/6/2013It was excellent service, good food and I will make sure to go back. The Barbacoa was not available but chicken was great too.Special Features:
- Nice little findhomechefVIPDined on 4/28/2013We took my sister here for her birthday on a Sunday. Nice looking place in the middle of an outdoor mall. Appetizers were great - loved the nachos and the empanadas. Lamb skewers were very good. The rice that came with all the meals were all spicy for some reason - would have preferred an option for not spicy rice - otherwise good food and drinks and nice ambiance. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Fun place in DublinOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/26/2013All the kids had a night out with their friends, so I went out for a movie and dinner with my beautiful wife after a movie (a rare night indeed!). Parking was fairly easy. Certainly not a quiet place, but "energetic" is a good word for it. We still could hear each other talking. The wait staff is excellent. We decided to stick with some drinks and tapas. The cabana wings were crispy on the outside and tender / juicy on the inside. The camarones al ajillo was fantastic and so were the mussels (and I am not a real fan of mussels in the first place). And the barbacao tacos were so tasty. We will definitely be back -- maybe even with the kids next time.Special Features:
- Go for the tapas! All wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2013Go for the tapas! All were great especially the coconut shrimp. The trout, fried was just ok. I had the garlic chicken, which to me, was way too powerful with the garlic, but weirdly, lacked flavor. After adding salt and pepper it was fine, but plan on smelling like garlic for the next two days. Desert was fun with the white powdered "donuts", which the kids loved! We will definitely be back for tapas and desert!Special Features:
- Decided to try it and no oneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2013Decided to try it and no one in the group had ever been to the restaurant. Was 5 mins late for out reservation, but the host was warm and seated us right away. Our waiter, Tuan, was great. Service with an engaging smile. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Love this place. Service withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/13/2013Love this place. Service with a smile, great food and wonderful ambianceSpecial Features:
- The place was empty. LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/9/2013The place was empty. Lunch on a Wednesday. Perhaps the reason for that is because the service was incredibly slow! Staff was pleasant, but it took forever for food delivery. If you have time to wait, the food was exceptional!
- Service was horrible. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/6/2013Service was horrible. We were a party of 5 seated between two large parties and the waiter was more interested in them. We had to wait for a napkin for 10 minutes....they need to get it together. .I would not try this place again.
- loved this place, it is nowOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2013loved this place, it is now an all-time favorite competing with La Fondue for where I will choose for special occasions! AWESOME!Special Features:
- The food was under cooked,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013The food was under cooked, but once sent back to the kitchen to be cooked longer the food was very tasty. Otherwise we liked the portion size and the prices were okay.Special Features: