4500-C Tassajara Road
Dublin, CA 94566Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cococabanadublin.com/
- Phone: 9255569055
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 4PM - 10PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin / Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Sadaf Shaghasi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer catering for weddings, parties, business meetings and any other events. We customize all menus with the guest to ensure full satisfaction.
- Private Party Facilities: Banquet Room for up to 60 people sit down is available.
- Private Party Contact: Sadaf 9258583007
- Special Events: Nice elegant banquet room for parties up to 60 people. Also, outdoor patio for parties up to 50. We customize menus to fit your budget.
A word from Coco Cabana
A unique dining experience inspired by the majestic flavors of all Latin American countries. Coco Cabana is the latest blend of modern Latin heat and flavor. Offering a relaxed and elegant dining experience, throughout the restaurant and lounge, with an extensive tapas and regular menu for everyone. Fresh fruit sangrias, mojitos, local wines and specialty cocktails will highlight the bold flavors of the cuisine. Come eat, drink & relax @ Coco Cabana.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Coco Cabana - Best Restaurants in Dublin ›
Coco Cabana reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (28)fit for foodies (26)vibrant bar scene (26)neighborhood gem (23)special occasion (17)great for lunch (16)great for outdoor dining (15)hot spot (13)romantic (13)late-night find (12)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Delicious food for everyoneMo2dineDined on 10/20/2014My colleagues and I had a group lunch here for our birthdays. The food was wonderful. Each person chose something different and all was good. Even the vegetarian dish was good. The waiter was attentive without being obtrusive. We were full by the time we finished the appetizers and main course so we didn't have enough room for dessert, although the selection looked good. We all would return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go elsewhere!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Please, just go to one of the chain restaurants in the area. The food and service here was horrible! We placed our order and it took forever to get food on the table. They don't even offer complimentary bread to hold us over during the long wait. When the food finally came out, it was a complete disappointment. The cavallero steak was just slab of meat with mayo, bland and unsatisfying. Some of the food was also served to us burnt.
- sanramondinerssanramondinersDined on 10/10/2014Great place with great tapas and drinks. A llitle loud bbut very energetic and doesn't take anything away from this great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just say no.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014Food was horrible. Would not go back. Just awful. I do not understand why it was so highly rated.
- For the neighborhoodDick83Dined on 9/28/2014Great for any close by residents.........huge park is one block away, 500 apts. next door. Varied menu with lotsa selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SECOND VISIT IN ONE WEEKRetiredFoodieVIPDined on 9/22/2014Suggested Coco Cabana to my friends so we met up for dinner last night. We ended up ordering a bunch of appetizers (pizza, shrimp salad, coconut shrimp, chips) along with our happy hour cocktails and absolutely loved all of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Rush to Go BackOntheroadVIPDined on 9/20/2014The food was salty, and the service was inattentive. When the main course arrives before the first bites of the appetizers were eaten . . . we felt like our dining pleasure was not their primary objective.
- we'll be backRetiredFoodieVIPDined on 9/16/2014Had lunch with my friend and really enjoyed my lunch and cocktail. I had their Arroz Con Mariscos which was a paella. Delicious. Won't have to drive to SF for that anymore. :) I will definitely take my husband next time because I know he will love it too.Special Features:
- Great find!OneToThreeDined on 8/30/2014The food and service was excellent! Food came very fast from the kitchen. Highly recommend the Mazatlan corn on the tapas menu, it was amazing! Citrus ceviche also was a favorite. Nice dark and warm ambiance. We went for a birthday dinner and will go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- calgalDined on 8/29/2014This is a beautiful restaurant just off Hwy 580. Lots of outside seating. The food was good, my only problem was that 2 out of 3 dishes weren't hot. The beef on our tostados was not even lukewarm. It would have tasted better if it was hotter. But I liked the menu, lots of things I hadn't seen before. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great TapaspaulyDined on 8/28/2014Great Tapas. Tried 5 different ones. All really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 starWaitertrainingNeeded11Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent waiter. Excellent food. Over the top dessert.Special Features:
- BrilliantBWNLadiesVIPDined on 8/15/2014Andrew is a spectacular waiter and who could resist those eyes. He gave us excellent service and treated my mother (her 100th birthday) like a queen. She was delighted. The food was very good and we are tried something new. I just wish it hadn't been quite as noisy.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantCocoFanDined on 8/14/2014The food and service were top notch! You must eat at this place!Special Features:
- Nothing Cuban about Casa CabanaRjfarnsDined on 8/9/2014The waiter was very helpful and explained that the owners were Afgan and chose the name without having anything Cuban in the restaurant. The food was disappointing. The location was anything but romantic. Turns out to be in a parking lot for a Safeway mall. I won't bother going back. The waiter did point me in the direction of a great, authentic Cuban restaurant in San Francisco. I'll go there next.
- Good First ImpressionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014Wife and I had to find a place, both new, and within 25 minutes of driving; I would say we hit it. We mostly did tapas and dessert; and everything we ate was excellent. Definitely go back; and probably with kids as well if we hit the malls around in that area.Special Features:
- great yucca fries!where2goDined on 8/5/2014Took a group of colleagues for lunch. The returnees in the group enjoyed the dishes. It was my first time for this Latin food. I found it interesting and definitely well spiced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodZippyDined on 8/3/2014We often eat at Coca Cabana's. We like the food. My husband has tried more of the menu than I have, I tend to find something I like and keep ordering it. The last time we were there, it did seem noisier than usual.Special Features:
- Great lunch!MimiVIPDined on 7/10/2014Four ladies went for lunch & had a fabulous meal, sharing delicious tapas. Service was outstanding. I had not mentioned that we were celebrating a birthday when I made the reservation, but our server must have overheard us, because he brought a complimentary candle topped piece of cake! I can imagine the restaurant gets busy & noisy at night, but at lunch time it was not at all busy, and we had a most enjoyable time.Special Features:
- downhillpleasantonguyVIPDined on 7/3/2014We have been here in the past but was very disappointed this time around. The asparagus was too woody to chew, the potatoes were overly encrusted in paprika. My trout was fine but my wife's salad with salmon was only half eaten - she just didn't like it. Service was very slow even though there were lots of empty tables - one of those evenings when you just want to get out but have to wait 10-15 minutes for the bill to arrive. The noise was a little less in the section we were in but still distracting.
- Good spotKMc12Dined on 6/26/2014Enjoyable place with great food and ambience. our service was pretty slow but we weren't in a hurry so I didn't bother us at all. Great cocktails as well.Special Features:
- always a great experienceLouDVIPDined on 6/26/2014Love this place not only because it was walking distance from my home, but it is such a great dining experience. You can try 3-4 different items and make it such an awesome meal without having to commit to one thing. Great flavor and equally good presentation. You will enjoy this meal 50% with your eyes and 50% with your mouth,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 268 reviews are from the Coco Cabana reviews archive.
- Coco Cabana is good for tapasGusmanningVIPDined on 6/18/2014We had a really nice lunch by selecting several tapas items from the varied menu. All the items, ranging from deep fried yucca to lamb lollipops were just fine. We had a very good experience.Special Features:
- A MUST Try!XtraSauceeVIPDined on 6/14/2014Love this place. Many of the dishes do have a slight spice to them, so just be aware of that when ordering. Highly recommend this restaurant. Lots of great dishes and tapas. Service is good and the ambiance is nice and open.Special Features:
- Very GoodnSanRamonVIPDined on 6/7/2014Great food. The hummus was killer! We had small plates and they were all good. The Plantains, Empanadas, and lamb were great. The sangria was good as well. Only negative would be the hostess sitting us near the patio entrances when there was 20 tables opened. I would definitely come back to try the other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wrong nightLost2groupsDined on 6/3/2014There were people running back and forth to an area that looks like they tracking the election. quiet noisey. there was another group sat next to us with bistro chairs and they had a baby and kept having more people join there and held conversations right next to us. The waiter was running all over. we never got more than one glass of water. wasnt too attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitOutandaboutDined on 5/30/2014First visit to this restaurant. We enjoyed the meal very much, from appetizers to dessert.
- My birthday at Coco CabanavlcandyDined on 5/29/2014Very much enjoyed coming to Coco Cabana for my birthday. Some were surprised it's the restaurant I chose, but I'm happy I did. Everyone in my party enjoyed the food and we were especially impressed with the rack of lamb. Tender, cooked perfectly, it was delicious. The trout was a new dish for me and I was glad I took the adventure. Also very good. The drinks were good, the wait staff attentive and I love the ambiance there. Thanks for a great birthday partySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014Service was great as was the food. Deserts were fabulous ! Will go back again soon.Special Features:
- Good experienceGeeandChrsDined on 5/23/2014Husband and I went for date night. Food was good. My husband had the lamb and I had the trout. Husband loved the lamb but not the sides. I was happy with my trout and I liked his rice. He was unhappy with the flavor and texture. Service was ok. Our waiter was not very friendly and seemed stressed out. Food servers were much better and actually ended up being more helpful than our actual waiter who disappeared for long periods of time. Noise level was pretty loud. We had to lean in close to hear each other. I say the experience was "good" because the food was good, fun atmosphere for groups or girls night out, and excellent desserts. Service was "ok" because of our waiter, but I found the food servers to be very helpful and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKWorkerbeeDined on 5/16/2014The food was good. Not great. Service was good. The restaurant is very noisey!Special Features:
- Not the worstOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Not the best. Took us 20 minutes of waiting and calling over a staff member befor even getting water served then instead of coming to us three of the staff members including the hostess that seated us look at us like we did something wrong as they begin arguing right where we can see them. Very uncomfortable. Most dishes were savory but the linguini was bland. Seemed like they were just boiled and put on a plate with some seafood. No flavor at all and cost to much.
- They forgot about ushowardfuDined on 5/11/2014We went there for Mother's Day dinner. We had reservations for 530 and they asked us to arrive at 5pm. It was inconvenient, but I obliged. When we arrived the restaurant was empty and was the whole time we were there. They seated us right away. However, over the next 30 minutes, no one paid any attention to us. No drink order. No one spoke to us. Tables arriving after us were getting served and still no one paid any attention to us. I finally got up and asked someone to take our order. They said there was a misunderstanding and someone would be over right away. It took an additional 10 minutes for someone to come take our drink order. Food was good, but they need to pay attention to the customers - especially on Mother's Day!Special Features:
- Great Food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Our group was not that large and its always risky choosing a good place for Mothers day but our table was forgotten all throughout the course of the meal. Our server forgot waters all around, our salad plates were never bused so when he came out with the entrees we had no where to put the entrees. At least twice we had to ask for water for everyone and it took about an hour between our apps and salads for the entrees to come. 1 of the guests ordered eggs benedict and the eggs were hard boiled not poached. There were two orders of steaks and both were served well done instead of medium rare. Much more attention needs to be paid to the food and to the service especially when the server has the tip already included!
- Review for Mother's Day BrunchquanybeeDined on 5/11/2014Finding a table for 8 adults and 5 children is difficult for Mother's Day and I was happy that Coco Cabana's was able to accommodate us easily. Restaurant was good to inform us about prixe-fix menu for the day and called to confirm reservations two days before. The waiter had a few miss steps regarding how the appetizers were ordered for the table and on kids drinks, but nothing that wasn't easily addressable. Good selection on the brunch menu. Coconut shrimp appetizer was a big hit as was their roasted chicken on the main entree selection. Crab eggs benedict was also a big hit. We didn't feel rushed at all and ended up staying quite longer than we expected. Would definitely come back and try their dinner service for a date night.Special Features:
- BonneVIPDined on 5/10/2014CC is a vibrant place, but this week due to the place being full with customers it led to delays in service and food not being up to its usual level. The Taco's are great, like their guacamole as well. Hopefully next time, service and food temps will be as usual.Special Features:
- Perfect find...4mojitosDined on 5/10/2014Was looking for the perfect place to ask my future father-in-law for his daughters hand...found it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much saltFoodie11157Dined on 5/1/2014The restaurant was clean and not as packed as it was on my first visit so the noise level was not as high. The chicken wings had to be returned because they were too salty and the chips that accompanied the guacamole were also very salty. The guacamole was very good.Special Features:
- Outstanding, highly recommendedLynn2048VIPDined on 4/20/2014Had the exceptionally excellent mussels, wonderful bruschetta prawns, fantastic pasta with peas added prawns, refreshing white sangria, the roasted corn was terrific will return during corn season and try it again as it was a tad on the old/chewy side but still good, the only disappointment was the crab cake sliders as they were not very flavorful as far as the crab went, the pineapple upside down cake with coconut gelato was wonderful too. Highly recommended, will definitely return to try more things on the menu.Special Features:
- Coco GoodhaveabrewDined on 4/18/2014Great environment for dining. The wait staff was attentive and social. The décor was pleasantly surprising given the buildings strip mall-like location. The outdoor area looked nice and enticing for social gatherings. It could be a bit larger, but the fact they had one was great. The food was great (we focused on the tapas). A larger variety would always be welcome. The area, in general, doesn't provide a true tapas restaurant - but this was close.Special Features: