COCO Asian Bistro + Bar
1841 Cordova Road
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $31 to $50
COCO Asian Bistro + Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cocoasianbistro.com/
- Phone: (954) 525-3541
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian, Thai
- Executive Chef: Mike Ponluang
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Coco offers a wide array of off-premise catering for parties and corporate events.
- Entertainment: There is live entertainment, by a talented keyboardist/singer, on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings.
A word from COCO Asian Bistro + Bar
Since chef/owner Mike Ponluang opened Coco Asian Bistro & Bar, in April of 2006, he has endeared himself to legions of loyal diners. Locals and visitors are enticed by Chef Mike"s mouthwatering Thai dishes, as well as his superb array of fresh sushi, sashimi, and specialty rolls. Chef Mike is truly dedicated to creating delectable dishes, comprised of fresh, high-quality ingredients, while incorporating Thai herbs to ensure authentic flavor. He is also proud to create his unique Thai dishes, from his own recipes, using French culinary techniques. Stellar dishes include Lobster Pad Thai, Crispy Duck, Grilled Filet Mignon, Baked Chilean Sea Bass, Organic Chicken with Peanut Sauce, and Emerald Scallops. Standout rolls include the Mama Roll, the Three Buddies Roll, and Mike's Roll. Diners can choose from the lively bar, the innovative sushi bar, or the casually elegant dining room -- filled with comfy booths with sheer curtains -- or the covered patio, for lunch or dinner daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
COCO Asian Bistro + Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (16)romantic (10)great for outdoor dining (9)special occasion (8)good for groups (6)great for lunch (5)hot spot (4)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Amazing food and service in a relaxed atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Food was excellent especially their fried rice and red curry. My wife and kids wanted to go back again the next day. Service was fast and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very consistent food and serviceAashtrekerVIPDined on 10/26/2014Food comes hot and well balanced. Very tasty and mix of foodsSpecial Features:
- Nice spot for real Asian foodjuanmeloVIPDined on 10/19/2014Very nice restaurant, with a good menu, quick service and excellent dishes. We had the Indian samosas and Vietnamese rolls followed by Japanese teriyaki chicken and Thai green curry. Portions were good sized, the waitress made sure we were okay and the overall value was good for our money. We will definitively return here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal foodRestaurantDroneDined on 10/14/2014The red Curry with Tofu was perfectly spiced and the Lobster Roll with Tempura vegetables was amazing. I have eaten here many times over the years and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- one thing missingcocoromaDined on 10/12/2014It would be nice if there were candles on the tables. This way customers could view the menu at night without getting their cell phones out to see the menu. Other than that, the live entertainment was absolutely lovely, the workers who attended to us were pleasant and warm. I saw some of the food presentation and they looked really great, the food that my table ordered tasted good. A lovely dining experience. Prices are a bit high for dinner but worth it considering that you get live entertainment. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/10/2014Live the lounge singer and pianist along with the ambiance and Asian flair, then top it off with great food and service drinks etcSpecial Features:
- Always goodSoFrustratedDined on 10/3/2014The food is always hot, service is always great. A little pricey for Thai food, but very good. Reservations are necessary if you prefer to sit in one of the booths.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected moreGTKastnerDined on 10/1/2014Confusion with the wine Slow to serve and waiter had difficulty in communicating Restaurant not full and service slow Food good noise level low Booth uncomfortable and was "forced" to it though there were tables availableSpecial Features:
- SupurbmickisisVIPDined on 9/30/2014I'm in Miami for 24 hrs and ate here for the first time and loved it so much I made another reservation for lunch tomorrow. My server Gianni was wonderful, he had an excellent knowledge of the menu items and every recommendation he made was spot on perfect. I look forward to eating here on my future visits to Miami.Special Features:
- A notch aboveBethVIPDined on 9/13/2014There are plenty of good Thai/Asian places but the food here is just better.....great atmosphere as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Asian FusionFLBARBDined on 9/13/2014You definitely can tell season has not started in S. Florida. We were able to get a table on 30 minutes request. The restaurant is very well appointed and acoustically well designed. We were craving sushi. we ordered a sashimi morawasi for one and a rock and roll roll wth brown rice(a $2 upcharge). The sashimi said 15 pieces and I counted over 20 in a beautiful presentation. The sushi roll was huge and very fresh. Other people had Thai dishes and they looked plentiful and delicious. It seemed a little quiet for a Saturday night though the weather was really bad. They also had an excellent keyboardist and singer. Service was very good also.Special Features:
- Wonderful every timeAashtrekerVIPDined on 9/7/2014Wonderful food and consistent Never disappoints Pleasant staff Very clean and well runSpecial Features:
- EntertainingEllenOhDined on 9/5/2014The live music and ambiance was great! The service was very slow and the food was "okay". Based on all of the awards and positive write ups, I would have thought the food to be "outstanding". We may or may not go back. If we do, it would be more for drinks/small plates and the live music (which was very good). I imagine it is a great for a date night starter, or for a moms night out for a couple of hours... not as much for family with hungry children that are looking to be served in a more timely fashion.Special Features:
- Absolutely fabulous!Rebkop21Dined on 8/23/2014When we visit Ft. Lauderdale we ALWAYS visit Coco's!! The sushi & Thai food is amazing! See you next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined 3 nights in a rowwotecDined on 8/23/2014Always dine here when we are in Ft Laud. Never disappointed. We stay in nearby hotel so convenient BUT it is the flavorful food, menu (and off menu) options, knowledgeable wait staff, pleasant atmosphere that keep us coming back. First visit (3 ladies) shared 5 starters including 3 from the seasonal menu & 2 from the standard menu. Wonderful flavors & presentation. Next night (2 of us) we opted for crispy duck & lobster/shrimp w/rice in half pineapple. 4 wonderful sauce options for the truly "crispy" duck. Tonight our waiter suggested off menu item fresh snapper - crispy & lightly fried & presented back in the fish/boat and special lamb shank w/thai basil mashed potatoes. Wish we were staying another night!Special Features:
- Ok but nothing specialreviewer29VIPDined on 8/12/2014The food was good, but nothing spectacular. The service felt a bit rushed to say there were 20 open tables. At one point the waiter reached over me to grab my knife that I wasn't using, which seemed a little unnecessary. The menus had been taped together and parts had been whited out. If you're a local you might add this to your list of places to go, but as a tourist, I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here. There was also an unbelievably loud drunk man at the bar that somewhat killed the ambiance of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Ranger44Dined on 8/5/2014Once again Mike and his staff outdid themselves. Not only delicious food , but wonderful presentation. Truly a neighborhood gem!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 137 reviews are from the COCO Asian Bistro + Bar reviews archive.
- Consistent quality food & serviceAashtrekerVIPDined on 7/27/2014Our family has eaten at Coco Asian Bistro+Bar since it opened. The food and service is consistent and of high quality. Staff is overly friendly and helpful. The prices our reasonable and fair. The ambience is beautiful along with a well trained staff. We recommend Coco to all our friends and family when visiting south Florida. They serve a wide range of asian food to everyones delight. no one leave hungry. food always come hot. 'I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super delicious as alwayslovesushiDined on 7/11/2014We have gone there over and over and it is the BEST Asian food EVER!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour Not to Be MisssedLivingOnTheBeachVIPDined on 7/9/2014My friend and I dined at Cococ Asian Bistro because of a Living Social Coupon. However, we will return without needing that incentive. Started at bar with happy hour. Very friendly bar tender, great deal on drinks and delicious, large portion appetizers for happy hour. Could make a meal from happy hour, considering varied section and size of orders. The salmon skin salad and tuna tartar were unusually good. Enjoyed our meal as well. Crab Roll and various pieces of sushi and sashimi, were all very fresh.Special Features:
- Great findRickGatorDined on 6/28/2014We were seated right away. Service was excellent throughout the meal. We started with the edamame. Very good. Had the three kind of fish tartar app. It was good, not great. Soup portion was too large and because of that we couldn't eat much of our two rolls. So, don't order the soup, if you want to finish your dinner. Soup was very good. Spice roll and rock n roll roll for dinner. Both great. Best part was taking home half the sushi as I had a great dinner on Sunday evening as well. Live music added to the ambiance. Wife had two drinks, I had one. Total bill with 20% tip was about $130.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another winner...getoffDined on 6/19/2014Coco's has been around for a while with good reason. The food is excellent, service is good, and their is a wide selection on the menu. This is one of our "go to" spots for a mid-week parental date night. the sushi is fresh and fast, and the thai is awesome. the pad thai medium is great and the Coco's spring rolls are great. If you call ahead, ask for a booth. nice and quiet, even a little romantic!Special Features:
- Consistently Good....OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/16/2014....food and service.... on our almost weekly visits over the past couple years, we've never experienced any problems.... so it's safe to say we've become regulars....Special Features:
- Good food, Music too loudAashtrekerVIPDined on 5/22/2014Always great food but the loud music destroys the enjoyment of the foodSpecial Features:
- Great sushimattDined on 5/2/2014Top place for sushi and Thai food in its area. Wine list is good. Outdoor dining area is very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodAashtrekerVIPDined on 5/1/2014Best restaurant around for Asian food. Very consistent food and service.Special Features:
- A nice Asian Fusion RestaurantrvankoeDined on 4/26/2014Everything was very nice. The food was delicious the restaurant looks great. I know its a Florida thing, but the entertainment was good but unnecessary.Special Features:
- I'm Lovin' it!SFBomberDined on 3/29/2014Not sure which makes me happier... my beautiful wife, whose anniversary we celebrated, or the tremendous experience at Coco! Always attentive to allergy needs, empty water or tea containers, or food arrival timing. Our rolls always exceed expectations. One of my top five in Broward overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayJulieVIPDined on 3/22/2014The food at Coco has gone from very good to average over the past few years. Too bad because it used to be a "go to" when guests were in town. Like that they have some gluten free options. Good for vegetarians.
- Special night outRanger44Dined on 3/21/2014Excellent wait staff as usual...food a notch above all other Thai restaurants in the area. Thanks again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place! It is a cutChewer007VIPDined on 3/6/2014Love this place! It is a cut above the run of the mill Asian places I have been to. The chef has traveled widely and so his cuisine is informed by his experiences in Europe and the US as well as his home country, Thailand. Try the Mike's Roll, and also the coconut ice cream - FANTASTIC for dessert.Special Features:
- 2nd Time!AlbertVIPDined on 3/2/2014Wife and I loved the sushi the first time, came back to try the Thai and we loved that too!Special Features:
- Every time we are in Fort Laud.Skipit4144Dined on 3/1/2014This is one of our must dos for pad thai. The place is clean, fun and consistent. We stop each time we're in town, have pad thai a roll and leave happy. There's usually entertainment and you can sing along if you like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- U live close by goKoskeshDined on 2/20/2014Otherwise u s u k! Cheap people all over and old Also not Miami Service is from 3rd world meanie ask and ask and don't Give a d it is ft lausedale Good for cheap and old f...kersSpecial Features:
- Good restaurantAlexaDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I booked at Coco Asian Bristo for Valentine's Day, the experience was good. the food took a while, but in general the attention was good and the atmosphere was perfect for the occasion. We recommend Coco Asian Bristo to have a good time with family or friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best experience everRaverDined on 2/14/2014The the food was spectacular in every way. The food was beyond ecstasy. This place in my book is rated in the top 2 best places I have ever eaten at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elbow room? I think not!McSteezDined on 2/14/2014Went there for Valentine's day for the first time hoping for a romantic night but instead was greeted with a massive line and a noisy environment. The place was overpacked and overbooked. We had to wait 15 minutes past our reservation time and when we finally sat we had a table that was spaced out less than a foot on either side to the point where it was uncomfortable for us to even talk because we felt like everybody else was also a part if our conversation. The service was ok but slow and the food was good but definitely overpriced. It's a such a shame that my first experience was so terrible because the place actually looks nice and might have been pleasant if not for the noisy and ridiculous table arrangement.
- The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The sushi was great , the sea bass we ordered was alittle under cooked but we ate it Anyways other than that we had a great experience ..Special Features:
- Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014This was a great spot for V-Day. Even being packed, the wait staff was very courteous and friendly. The food was excellent and the dessert was amazing. Everything was well-priced too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The sushis was succulent ,deliciousnatafranDined on 2/14/2014The sushis was succulent ,delicious....with the boat,it's was a good presentation.The server was very kind with us she was very nice.I m sorry I don't speak English very much.Its was a very nice evening.....ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.