Cobblestones of Lowell
91 Dutton Street
Lowell, MA 01852Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cobblestones of Lowell
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cobblestonesoflowell.com/
- Phone: 9789702282
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday summer hours 12:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: COBBLESTONES offers several separate private dining and function rooms. Personalized catering and off premise cocktail parties are also available and our Grillin' on the River concept specializes in company outings and Summer Weddings overlooking the Merrimack River on the beautiful lawns behind the Paul E Tsongas Arena. For further information or to discuss date availability please contact the Function Manager @ 978.970.2282
- Private Party Facilities: Beautiful, historic private dining and function rooms are available for groups ranging from 16 to 100, depending upon menu and occasion. First and second story rooms feature hardwood floors, tablecloth and candle and soft lighting with elegant architecture, perfect for dining and get togethers such as rehearsal dinners and pharmaceutical meetings. The Third floor function room features leather couches, private oak bar, red felted regulation pool table, dance floor and satellite music and is perfect for birthday parties, reunions and celebrations that call for a more social, "party" atmosphere.
For more information or to discuss date availability, please contact the Function Manager.
- Private Party Contact: Function Manager Kelli Robarge 9789702282
- Entertainment: Improv Lowell Comedy Night
2nd Friday of the month, beginning again in September!
Call for reservations.
- Cross Street: Merrimack Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available in the Professional Lot next door at 75 Arcand Drive and is free most nights. The entrance is opposite the Lowell Police Station and one block prior South of the Paul E Tsongas Arena. Many street spaces and three Public Parking garages within a two block walk are also available.
A word from Cobblestones of Lowell
COBBLESTONES opened in 1994 in the historically designated “Yorick Building”. Built as an exclusive boarding house by the Merrimack Manufacturing Co. during the Industrial Revolution (1859) the proud tradition of excellence continues. Featuring spacious, private rooms and a "bustling" bar scene, COBBLESTONES has earned numerous awards, been widely reviewed and hosted many celebrity dinners including Serena and Venus Williams, Ray Romano and (still) heart throb Barry Manilow! COBBLESTONES' atmosphere and menu successfully juxtapose old school classics as Braised Short Ribs and Mushroom Bordelaise with more current favorites such as Blackened Jumbo Shrimp with Jalapeno Sweet Cream Sauce. Located in the heart of Lowell National Historic Park, within walking distance of all major downtown attractions, COBBLESTONES offers the elegance of a grand dining room and classic cocktails, as well as, a casual, hip lounge serving a wide variety of craft beers and cutting edge cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Cobblestones of Lowell - Best Restaurants in Lowell ›
Cobblestones of Lowell reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (12)special occasion (11)neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (8)great for lunch (6)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (6)romantic (5)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014My friend and I were looking for a half way point to eat and Picked this restaurant. It was our first visit and would definitely go back. Our server was excellent, was the best service that I've had in a long time. I had the scallop dish and was very pleased. Very clean restaurant with a nice atmosphere. We liked that it was quiet and we could have a nice conversation. Whe lingered after dinner with coffee and did not feel pressured to hurry, we were clearly welcome to stay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best food in LowellCJfromBedfordDined on 8/8/2014We avoided Cobblestones initially because of their outside, energetic bar--not expecting much from their restaurant (especially since some ratings may have been for the bar scene). However, we've been to Cobblestones twice, and both times were very impressed with the great food, relatively comfortable dining experience, and service. This past visit we shared the very tasty bbq shrimp & rib appetizers, and I had their great broiled fish special (sounded like 'oppa' but not sure of spelling) and my wife had the delicious, too large pork chop.
- CobblestonesOnlyLiveOnceFoodieDined on 8/7/2014The dining area smelled moldy/stale. Bathrooms need to be thoroughly cleaned or updated. Both took away from a pretty good meal.
- Great outdoor venueRaylafDined on 8/3/2014Located in downtown Lowell overlooking city hall and watching the trollies go by it's a great outside dinning location. Food is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayMarKevVIPDined on 7/26/2014We went Sat night on the weekend of Lowell Folk Festival so the restaurant had a special limited menu. Which was fine because both my husband & I ordered the lobster roll & cup of clam chowder combo. It was good, but for $24, it should've included fries or chips with it. So we had to order some fries. The waitress recommended parmesan fries. Again, it was good, but for $10?? They used one potato! Every Sat we go out to dinner, & we certainly don't mind paying for good food. But the price would have to be justified by the food, service, & the total ambience setting. Cobblestones just didn't have that. Perhaps it was because of the festival, & the menu (along w/ the price) was different. This was our first visit, it'll probably be our last.Special Features:
- First TimefirsttimeDined on 7/9/2014Met a friend for lunch. Neither had been there before. Our waiter, Nick, was phenomenal. The service was outstanding - very attentive without being bothersome. The food was delicious and the portions were perfect. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LocalDinerVIPDined on 5/25/2014We found the food good, not great, and the service was...odd. We got bread plates, but no bread arrived. Dinner was served before we finished our salads and the waitress kept telling us her age (20), as though that mattered for some reason. We thought maybe she wanted her young age to excuse the weak service, but then she told us she'd been waitressing since she was 17. ...? My husband ordered the scampi and she announced that no one ever ordered that dish and it was such a coincidence that 2 diners had ordered it from her that night. Hmmm - no one ever orders the dish? All in all, Cobblestone is doing some smart marketing on the north shore of MA, but it's not worth the 30 minute drive for us again.
- Excellent find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/13/2014We scheduled a business dinner at this restaurant, and were thoroughly impressed. The appetizers and main courses were delicious. Prices were right. I have recommended this restaurant to others, and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed it!mannersmavenDined on 5/7/2014My friend and I went to Cobblestones of Lowell for a pre-show dinner. We arrived a few minutes before our reservation and were welcomed by the hostess and led to our table. En route, a server smiled and said hello to - everyone we encountered was very friendly. Our server was friendly, polite and efficient. She checked on us several times throughout the meal. We decided to get several appetizers instead of a large meal and everything was delicious. They had a very nice steak menu, but I would love to go back and try one of their sandwiches.Special Features:
- Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2014All staff from hostess to waitress and waiter great! Two people had allergies and waitress (Amy (?)) was great at making sure we weren't affected by choice.very personable helpful and just really enjoyed our night! Thank you !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 277 reviews are from the Cobblestones of Lowell reviews archive.
- A lovely night outCSullivanDined on 3/29/2014I had previously been here before for lunch at the bar and enjoyed the food and atmosphere so I decided to take my girlfriend to the more formal dining area. Our waitress was great, helpful and very prompt. One of those nice balances of not saying to much but saying just enough. I don't think my water glass ever came remotely close to empty thanks to her being aware and never forgetting our table. I had the Texas barbecue steak tips which were cooked to my order and were very delicious. My girlfriend had the Braised Short Rib which she enjoyed. We were very happy with our night and the service was great. It did get a little loud once the room started to fill but nothing over the top. Definitely somewhere we will visit again.Special Features:
- Long Time CustomerMikeMDined on 3/8/2014My wife and I have been going to Cobblestones for years and are never disappointed. Good food at a reasonable price and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place!PGJandoverDined on 3/8/2014Glad we finally went! Food was very good, nice atmosphere, excellent service. Great place to have dinner before events at Tsongas Center. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Delicious food. Both clamfoodieDined on 2/22/2014Delicious food. Both clam chowder and french onion soups were very good. Excellent service, seated on time and although kitchen was extremely busy dinners were served quickly as we had a time constraint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably would not returnnebirdieDined on 1/31/2014We went on a Friday night. The restaurant was busy, the bar was busy. Actually I thought the bar was cozier and more appealing than the restaurant. The service was casual, maybe a little too casual. The two martinis were perfect. We had oysters and a couple of ribs for an appetizer. They were good. I ordered a glass of wine and it came much later than the entree. My entree of scallops was ok. Something I could do better at home. The restaurant was out of the way so I probably would not return.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014A word earful night, even the manager came by to see how we like our mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change is not always for the betterSSDinerDined on 1/4/2014Cobblestones had been one of our favorite local spots for years. We often saved it for our more special occasions. After not visiting for over a year, we made reservations and were stunned to find the entire feel of the restaurant changed. From fine dining, it has a more tavern/casual feel now. The food was also not as fabulous as we had found it in the past and we were extremely disappointed after counting this among our favs for a great meal at an eatery with an equally exceptional wine cellar.
- We came here for my birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/27/2013We came here for my birthday and although it was noted in my reservation it wasn't mentioned. I recently made a reservation at another restuaurant noting it was my husbands birthday and they were all over it so I guess I expected the same here. We have been here a few times and usually love the food but my entree wasn't that great. Steak and crabcakes were both over cooked/dry. We'll probably come again I just won't get that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem!CarlDined on 12/23/2013Excellent service and food. Special oysters on the half shell. Several excellent entrees. Easy parking near the door. A real treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service. Good food.krisDined on 12/19/2013Great service. Good food. Music was nice and at the right level. They definitely went out of their way to make sure we had a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bit of ClassGreatNightOutDined on 12/6/2013My wife and I have lived in Lowell and this was our first time visiting Cobblestones after our experience our only thought was why did we wait so long to go. IT WAS FANTASTIC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful niteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2013wonderful nite for the city of lights parade, then walk out the door & see the lights again when leave. been going for years luv it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatPegPDined on 11/9/2013Food well done, though a favorite special was not available and the outstanding ribs were not available that night which was what my son always wants. They had a half rack for him and made him very happy with some buffalo tenders in place of the second half.. Friendly accommodating staff including a waitress who was fun and rose to the banter. Thoroughly enjoyable. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Good food but slowworldtravellerVIPDined on 10/3/2013Went for the 1-2-3 menu which is supposed to take 13 minutes, it doesn't. Food is good but either the kitchen is slow or there is an understaffing issue. Food is good but at lunch you might need to get in and out quickly...not many other option in Lowell so definitely recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependably goodJoanDined on 10/2/2013Cobblestones reliably delivers good food, pleasant atmosphere and good service. It is a great "neighborhood" restaurant with charm (in a historic building) in a good location, near to the Merrimack Repertory Theatre and the University.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceeded my expectationslocalgalDined on 9/20/2013I decided on Cobblestones because I had just been to their sister restaurant, Moonstones, the week before and really enjoyed it. Well Cobblestones was even better. We had a reservation on a Saturday night and were seated promptly. Our service was excellent. The martinis were perfect. Nice bread with pesto butter. Entrees were all delicious. Everyone cleaned their plate. Special pumpkin barley was amazing, topped with a generous grilled piece of salmon. Others had scallops, fish and chips and steak. Each fish looked better than the rest. We all wanted to share. Cheesecake, drizzled with fresh berry compote for dessert, shared by all, was creamy and delicious! I highly recommend you trying this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!!PanicattheDiscoFanDined on 9/6/2013Going to Cobblestones was one of the best dining experiences I have ever had! When looking back, I can't think of a single thing that I would recommend changing. I absolutely loved it there and would love to go back if I find myself heading back to that state. The service was excellent--both the host and my server were positive, polite, and great at what they do. My food was to die for. I did not know salmon could be that incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fantastic atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2013Looking around for a nice romantic dinner for my anniversary was what brought us into Cobblestones. We walked in to beautiful architecture and decor reminding me the 20's. Our server was over quickly asking if there were any questions on our options, which included a prix fixe menu as it was restaurant week - this was the option both my wife and I chose. Our starters came out perfectly and were delicious. My wife ordered chicken marsala for her main which was perfect; I the filet, crab cake, potato mash and béarnaise all were delicious but it was a bit slow, my steak was a bit underdone. Desert was fabulous with a stunning creme brûlée and an amazing blondie and ice cream with caramel. Overall a great find, we will be back!Special Features:
- Improved dining in LowellVeteranswifeVIPDined on 7/18/2013Cobblestones has gotten better over the years that I have been going there. The menu is better, the quality of food is better and the decor is better. Just went with a group of 6 people and everyone loved their meals. I had the Lobster Salad Salad and it far exceeded my expectations. Light lobster salad on top of fresh greens with avocado and hard boiled egg. I saved a piece of the awesome Portuguese bread to make a little lobster roll and it was delicious. Moderate prices, too made this one of the best dining experiences ever!Special Features:
- Perfect EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2013Had never been before. Our waiter was outstanding. There were not many people there on a Sunday night. Had read mixed reviews online, but we had a perfectly lovely evening. The ambiance is an elegant men's club with appropriate music piped in. My husband and I had the steak and it was outstanding! I recommend this restaurant highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CobblestonesProscDined on 7/13/2013The food was good but overpriced. The house wine was served in a glass less than a third full. One member of our party ordered a good scotch and that drink was very generous.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe again...KatieFDined on 7/6/2013We may come again. My husband and I were not overly impressed but they did have some qualities. The restaurant is nice, full of the old history feel. We arrived and it took our waitress about 10 mins to come over, grabbed our drink order and then another 15 minutes to get our drinks. We received bread a good 10 minutes before our drinks arrived. People sat down and got mixed drinks quicker than we received our ice water and coke. We got the Cobbleskins as an appitizer, they were ok. I got prime rib and sauteed spinach. My prime rib was tough, with the butter knife I had to use until the steak knife showed up 10 minutes later, but it didn't get better, the sauteed spinach was way too salty. I wish I could go on, but ran out of room!Special Features:
- Food was delicious and wellOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2013Food was delicious and well prepared. All ingredients were freash and cooked to perfection. Service was great (Biamca), took good care of us and was paced for an enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemMel51785Dined on 5/25/2013My husband and I love this place. The food is always amazing and we love both the cocktail list and craft beer list. The service is also always flawless. We have also been here for a semi large group event and everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!jjsianoDined on 5/7/2013Went there for my wife's birthday. Everything was terrific. The short ribs were unbelievable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took Mother twice to thisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/14/2013Took Mother twice to this restaurant & both times were VERY NICE! The ribs app fall off the bone & the scallpos are perfect. Will go a third.Special Features:
- This was our first time atGarWVIPDined on 4/12/2013This was our first time at Cobblestone's and we were quite impressed. The service was friendly, the food was fairly good, and the décor was 100% new england. However, the cocktails were what stuck with us...having just re-watched "Casino Royale"; I ordered (several of) the "Vesper" drinks and was struck by the competency of the barkeeper. I imagine we'll be back.Special Features:
- Waitress was attentive withoutOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/30/2013Waitress was attentive without being intrusive. Food was very good except the clam chowder was too salty for my taste. Cobb salad was very good. They have an extensive beer selection. Deserts were fine. Overall very pleasant. Not inexpensive.Special Features:
- Our first dateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013Great time me and my girlfriend had a great time the food was very good she had stuffed lobster I had prime rib it was very good i just wish there was a choose for a larger slice i got the 16oz piceSpecial Features:
- It was a little expensive,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/25/2013It was a little expensive, but the food was great (a very nice menu) and the service was amazing. The waitress was very attentive, food and drinks were delivered in a timely manner, without being pushy. The kitchen were creative in accomodating some special requests due to dietary restrictions. Overall, our experience was a very pleasurable one and we would happily go back again.Special Features: