Cobblestones of Lowell
91 Dutton Street
Lowell, MA 01852Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cobblestones of Lowell
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cobblestonesoflowell.com/
- Phone: 9789702282x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday summer hours 12:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: COBBLESTONES offers several separate private dining and function rooms. Personalized catering and off premise cocktail parties are also available for company gatherings and outings.
For further information or to discuss date availability please contact the Function Manager Kelli @ 978.970.2282
- Entertainment: Improv Lowell Comedy Night
2nd Friday of the month, beginning again in September!
Call for reservations.
- Cross Street: Merrimack Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available in the Professional Lot next door at 75 Arcand Drive and is free most nights. The entrance is opposite the Lowell Police Station and one block prior South of the Paul E Tsongas Arena. Many street spaces and three Public Parking garages within a two block walk are also available.
A word from Cobblestones of Lowell
COBBLESTONES opened in 1994 in the historically designated “Yorick Building”. Built as an exclusive boarding house by the Merrimack Manufacturing Co. during the Industrial Revolution (1859) the proud tradition of excellence continues. Featuring spacious, private rooms and a "bustling" bar scene, COBBLESTONES has earned numerous awards, been widely reviewed and hosted many celebrity dinners including Serena and Venus Williams, Ray Romano and (still) heart throb Barry Manilow! COBBLESTONES' atmosphere and menu successfully juxtapose old school classics as Braised Short Ribs and Mushroom Bordelaise with more current favorites such as Blackened Jumbo Shrimp with Jalapeno Sweet Cream Sauce. Located in the heart of Lowell National Historic Park, within walking distance of all major downtown attractions, COBBLESTONES offers the elegance of a grand dining room and classic cocktails, as well as, a casual, hip lounge serving a wide variety of craft beers and cutting edge cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Cobblestones of Lowell - Best Restaurants in Lowell ›
Cobblestones of Lowell reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (15)special occasion (12)fit for foodies (12)neighborhood gem (10)vibrant bar scene (9)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (6)romantic (6)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- It has been a long timeFred04095Dined on 10/26/2014It has been quite a while since we last ate at Cobblestones. The dining room tends to be noisy even with only a few other diners present. My wife found her salmon dry.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of town guestfoodieDined on 10/25/2014This is a really neat place to dine. The food and wait staff are exceptional. The restaurant itself is very classy, but in a relaxed, warm and inviting way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good experienceJmanDined on 10/24/2014Friends joined my wife and I for an anniversary dinner at Cobblestones. Overall the food was decent. Great clam chowder and the seafood dishes were well-prepared.Special Features:
- Lovely food, lovely buildingbioguyDined on 10/20/2014The food, service and setting were all just great. We went on a Monday and parking was easily available right by the entrance. I could see some difficulty on a weekend during prime time. The shrimp were outstanding - so often shrimp have little or no flavor -these were plump, cooked just right and full of shrimp flavor. The Slumbrew porter went quite well with the shrimp. The service was attentive without being overbearing. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- Been better at CobblestonesTwinRiverRookieDined on 10/10/2014Went for our anniversary. Have enjoyed several special occasions here previously. Not this time. Server was inattentive. Prime rib was very marbled. There was big event at nearby Tsongas Center and restaurant was overwhelmed by demand. Huge time gap between soup and entree. Sad to say but we need to find a new special occasion place.
- HorribleSuburbanDined on 10/10/2014Party of 8. Food took 45+ minutes to arrive. Wasn't served at the same time. One order took an 1 and 15 minutes. Left a child without dinner, not even a snack. Server disappeared. Managers didn't arrive when requested. Worst service ever. Will never ever return. Reservation meant nothing. Td the staff we were going to the game - missed the entire 1st period because we couldn't get served or our check.Special Features:
- GoodRebaDined on 10/1/2014I don't know why the heat wasn't on. It was very chilly. Otherwise lovely environment. Service was attentive. Chef was accommodating. Steaks were a little on the fatty side and not very flavorful. Swordfish was great. Good portion sizes - enough for leftovers. Crème brulee was beautiful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing...AND pricey!rockdocsteveVIPDined on 9/20/2014We went here to celebrate 2 birthdays. First, we were seated (with a reservation) in a small back room w/only 3 small tables & one large table of 12 in the center of the room. We had to yell across the table to be heard in conversation. IF you go here, ASK for the larger room with a LOT more space and a little more "atmosphere" (there wasn't any). The SMALL pitcher of Sangria was bitter and cost $32! The "larger" prime rib was loaded with fat and cost $30. My scallops were good & cost $25. NO bread is served (I always find it cheap when a restaurant doesn't even serve a basket of bread) Salads are extra & expensive. Desserts are $7.50...only 1 was ordered along w/1 coffee & the bill was $200!Special Features:
- 1-2-3 lunch is greatworldtravellerVIPDined on 9/12/2014they are getting much better at getting you in and out without the time they promise, service is excellent and the food is pretty good. It's lowell and not many options other than sandwiches and fast food.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014My friend and I were looking for a half way point to eat and Picked this restaurant. It was our first visit and would definitely go back. Our server was excellent, was the best service that I've had in a long time. I had the scallop dish and was very pleased. Very clean restaurant with a nice atmosphere. We liked that it was quiet and we could have a nice conversation. Whe lingered after dinner with coffee and did not feel pressured to hurry, we were clearly welcome to stay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best food in LowellCJfromBedfordDined on 8/8/2014We avoided Cobblestones initially because of their outside, energetic bar--not expecting much from their restaurant (especially since some ratings may have been for the bar scene). However, we've been to Cobblestones twice, and both times were very impressed with the great food, relatively comfortable dining experience, and service. This past visit we shared the very tasty bbq shrimp & rib appetizers, and I had their great broiled fish special (sounded like 'oppa' but not sure of spelling) and my wife had the delicious, too large pork chop.
- CobblestonesOnlyLiveOnceFoodieDined on 8/7/2014The dining area smelled moldy/stale. Bathrooms need to be thoroughly cleaned or updated. Both took away from a pretty good meal.
- Great outdoor venueRaylafVIPDined on 8/3/2014Located in downtown Lowell overlooking city hall and watching the trollies go by it's a great outside dinning location. Food is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayMarKevVIPDined on 7/26/2014We went Sat night on the weekend of Lowell Folk Festival so the restaurant had a special limited menu. Which was fine because both my husband & I ordered the lobster roll & cup of clam chowder combo. It was good, but for $24, it should've included fries or chips with it. So we had to order some fries. The waitress recommended parmesan fries. Again, it was good, but for $10?? They used one potato! Every Sat we go out to dinner, & we certainly don't mind paying for good food. But the price would have to be justified by the food, service, & the total ambience setting. Cobblestones just didn't have that. Perhaps it was because of the festival, & the menu (along w/ the price) was different. This was our first visit, it'll probably be our last.Special Features:
- First TimefirsttimeDined on 7/9/2014Met a friend for lunch. Neither had been there before. Our waiter, Nick, was phenomenal. The service was outstanding - very attentive without being bothersome. The food was delicious and the portions were perfect. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 281 reviews are from the Cobblestones of Lowell reviews archive.
- LocalDinerVIPDined on 5/25/2014We found the food good, not great, and the service was...odd. We got bread plates, but no bread arrived. Dinner was served before we finished our salads and the waitress kept telling us her age (20), as though that mattered for some reason. We thought maybe she wanted her young age to excuse the weak service, but then she told us she'd been waitressing since she was 17. ...? My husband ordered the scampi and she announced that no one ever ordered that dish and it was such a coincidence that 2 diners had ordered it from her that night. Hmmm - no one ever orders the dish? All in all, Cobblestone is doing some smart marketing on the north shore of MA, but it's not worth the 30 minute drive for us again.
- Excellent find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/13/2014We scheduled a business dinner at this restaurant, and were thoroughly impressed. The appetizers and main courses were delicious. Prices were right. I have recommended this restaurant to others, and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed it!mannersmavenDined on 5/7/2014My friend and I went to Cobblestones of Lowell for a pre-show dinner. We arrived a few minutes before our reservation and were welcomed by the hostess and led to our table. En route, a server smiled and said hello to - everyone we encountered was very friendly. Our server was friendly, polite and efficient. She checked on us several times throughout the meal. We decided to get several appetizers instead of a large meal and everything was delicious. They had a very nice steak menu, but I would love to go back and try one of their sandwiches.Special Features:
- Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2014All staff from hostess to waitress and waiter great! Two people had allergies and waitress (Amy (?)) was great at making sure we weren't affected by choice.very personable helpful and just really enjoyed our night! Thank you !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely night outCSullivanDined on 3/29/2014I had previously been here before for lunch at the bar and enjoyed the food and atmosphere so I decided to take my girlfriend to the more formal dining area. Our waitress was great, helpful and very prompt. One of those nice balances of not saying to much but saying just enough. I don't think my water glass ever came remotely close to empty thanks to her being aware and never forgetting our table. I had the Texas barbecue steak tips which were cooked to my order and were very delicious. My girlfriend had the Braised Short Rib which she enjoyed. We were very happy with our night and the service was great. It did get a little loud once the room started to fill but nothing over the top. Definitely somewhere we will visit again.Special Features:
- Long Time CustomerMikeMDined on 3/8/2014My wife and I have been going to Cobblestones for years and are never disappointed. Good food at a reasonable price and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place!PGJandoverDined on 3/8/2014Glad we finally went! Food was very good, nice atmosphere, excellent service. Great place to have dinner before events at Tsongas Center. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Delicious food. Both clamfoodieDined on 2/22/2014Delicious food. Both clam chowder and french onion soups were very good. Excellent service, seated on time and although kitchen was extremely busy dinners were served quickly as we had a time constraint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably would not returnnebirdieDined on 1/31/2014We went on a Friday night. The restaurant was busy, the bar was busy. Actually I thought the bar was cozier and more appealing than the restaurant. The service was casual, maybe a little too casual. The two martinis were perfect. We had oysters and a couple of ribs for an appetizer. They were good. I ordered a glass of wine and it came much later than the entree. My entree of scallops was ok. Something I could do better at home. The restaurant was out of the way so I probably would not return.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014A word earful night, even the manager came by to see how we like our mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change is not always for the betterSSDinerDined on 1/4/2014Cobblestones had been one of our favorite local spots for years. We often saved it for our more special occasions. After not visiting for over a year, we made reservations and were stunned to find the entire feel of the restaurant changed. From fine dining, it has a more tavern/casual feel now. The food was also not as fabulous as we had found it in the past and we were extremely disappointed after counting this among our favs for a great meal at an eatery with an equally exceptional wine cellar.
- We came here for my birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/27/2013We came here for my birthday and although it was noted in my reservation it wasn't mentioned. I recently made a reservation at another restuaurant noting it was my husbands birthday and they were all over it so I guess I expected the same here. We have been here a few times and usually love the food but my entree wasn't that great. Steak and crabcakes were both over cooked/dry. We'll probably come again I just won't get that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem!CarlDined on 12/23/2013Excellent service and food. Special oysters on the half shell. Several excellent entrees. Easy parking near the door. A real treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service. Good food.krisDined on 12/19/2013Great service. Good food. Music was nice and at the right level. They definitely went out of their way to make sure we had a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bit of ClassGreatNightOutDined on 12/6/2013My wife and I have lived in Lowell and this was our first time visiting Cobblestones after our experience our only thought was why did we wait so long to go. IT WAS FANTASTIC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful niteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2013wonderful nite for the city of lights parade, then walk out the door & see the lights again when leave. been going for years luv it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatPegPDined on 11/9/2013Food well done, though a favorite special was not available and the outstanding ribs were not available that night which was what my son always wants. They had a half rack for him and made him very happy with some buffalo tenders in place of the second half.. Friendly accommodating staff including a waitress who was fun and rose to the banter. Thoroughly enjoyable. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Good food but slowworldtravellerVIPDined on 10/3/2013Went for the 1-2-3 menu which is supposed to take 13 minutes, it doesn't. Food is good but either the kitchen is slow or there is an understaffing issue. Food is good but at lunch you might need to get in and out quickly...not many other option in Lowell so definitely recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependably goodJoanDined on 10/2/2013Cobblestones reliably delivers good food, pleasant atmosphere and good service. It is a great "neighborhood" restaurant with charm (in a historic building) in a good location, near to the Merrimack Repertory Theatre and the University.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceeded my expectationslocalgalDined on 9/20/2013I decided on Cobblestones because I had just been to their sister restaurant, Moonstones, the week before and really enjoyed it. Well Cobblestones was even better. We had a reservation on a Saturday night and were seated promptly. Our service was excellent. The martinis were perfect. Nice bread with pesto butter. Entrees were all delicious. Everyone cleaned their plate. Special pumpkin barley was amazing, topped with a generous grilled piece of salmon. Others had scallops, fish and chips and steak. Each fish looked better than the rest. We all wanted to share. Cheesecake, drizzled with fresh berry compote for dessert, shared by all, was creamy and delicious! I highly recommend you trying this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!!PanicattheDiscoFanDined on 9/6/2013Going to Cobblestones was one of the best dining experiences I have ever had! When looking back, I can't think of a single thing that I would recommend changing. I absolutely loved it there and would love to go back if I find myself heading back to that state. The service was excellent--both the host and my server were positive, polite, and great at what they do. My food was to die for. I did not know salmon could be that incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fantastic atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2013Looking around for a nice romantic dinner for my anniversary was what brought us into Cobblestones. We walked in to beautiful architecture and decor reminding me the 20's. Our server was over quickly asking if there were any questions on our options, which included a prix fixe menu as it was restaurant week - this was the option both my wife and I chose. Our starters came out perfectly and were delicious. My wife ordered chicken marsala for her main which was perfect; I the filet, crab cake, potato mash and béarnaise all were delicious but it was a bit slow, my steak was a bit underdone. Desert was fabulous with a stunning creme brûlée and an amazing blondie and ice cream with caramel. Overall a great find, we will be back!Special Features:
- Improved dining in LowellVeteranswifeVIPDined on 7/18/2013Cobblestones has gotten better over the years that I have been going there. The menu is better, the quality of food is better and the decor is better. Just went with a group of 6 people and everyone loved their meals. I had the Lobster Salad Salad and it far exceeded my expectations. Light lobster salad on top of fresh greens with avocado and hard boiled egg. I saved a piece of the awesome Portuguese bread to make a little lobster roll and it was delicious. Moderate prices, too made this one of the best dining experiences ever!Special Features:
- Perfect EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2013Had never been before. Our waiter was outstanding. There were not many people there on a Sunday night. Had read mixed reviews online, but we had a perfectly lovely evening. The ambiance is an elegant men's club with appropriate music piped in. My husband and I had the steak and it was outstanding! I recommend this restaurant highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CobblestonesProscDined on 7/13/2013The food was good but overpriced. The house wine was served in a glass less than a third full. One member of our party ordered a good scotch and that drink was very generous.I would recommend this to a friend.