Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa
3500 Ocean Drive
Vero Beach, FL 32963Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cobaltrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (772) 469-1060
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00 am;
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm;
Dinner Sunday-Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday-Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Brunch Saturday and Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
Bar Sunday-Thursday: until 11:00pm
Friday-Saturday: until midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Mike VanBuskirk
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please visit our Private Dining page for special details regarding catering, private events, and special occasions.
- Entertainment: Join us for Mr. Motown, Curtis Hill every Friday beginning at 7:30pm.
- Special Events: Don't forget about our daily happy hour served everyday from 4:30pm-6:00pm in the Cobalt Lounge. $3 and $4 appetizers and $5 drinks!
A word from Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa
American Seafood Grill, the Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge is adjacent to the Vero Beach Hotel and Spa. Located on the 1st floor with a beach front patio and fire pit. Heaton’s Reef is the charming ocean side pool bar and gazebo. Enjoy the sun and the sound of the waves on our patio with one of our signature cocktails or warm up by the fire on a cool evening. Private dining and meeting space are both availableContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa - Best Restaurants in Vero Beach ›
Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (41)great for outdoor dining (38)special occasion (35)romantic (25)fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (12)good for groups (12)great for brunch (9)vibrant bar scene (9)notable wine list (6)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Sunday BrunchFoodiemeVIPDined on 2/23/2014It was my husband's birthday February 23rd and I wanted to take him to Cobalt for its Sunday brunch - the brunch offers both breakfast and luncheon items. We chose to have lunch since we normally order from the breakfast section - My husband had the fried green tomato sandwich and I had the maui fish sandwich. Both were great - we shared truffled fries and cole slaw for sides. Great! Normally we do not get dessert but opted for a delicious peanut butter cheesecake slice with a great not overly sweet fudge sauce w/inhouse made banana ice cream - it was a very happy birthday brunch -Special Features:
- Not PleasedSamanthaDined on 2/23/2014We made an open table reservation ahead of time for a 60th birthday and requested a nice table with a view. Not only did they not have a table that we requested, they scrambled to stick us in another room without a view by a door.Special Features:
- A gem on the oceanJerryDined on 2/22/2014From the initial welcome to the final goodbye, this was an excellent experience. Staff was competent, helpful and friendly. I had the best sirloin burger of my life. Cooked perfectly medium rare with no bun, as ordered, the beef stands on its own, beefy and juicy, it can't get any better. It was served with onion jam and, fries as good as any we've had in France and Belgium, where they are an obsession. My wife's lobster roll was every pronounced to be "as good as you make" at our beach house in Rhode Island. She also said that the cucumber and avocado side was amazing. We are building a new home in Vero and look forward to eating our way around the Cobalt menu in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!ChrisDined on 2/21/2014Overall excellent in everyway! The food is superb and served in portions that allow you to fully enjoy all the wonderful flavors without over stuffing yourself. Can't say enough about the quality as well as the gorgeous view!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Your menu is not up to date. SeveraIGABillDined on 2/20/2014Your menu is not up to date. Several items you mentioned were not available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left hungry.judylarpslDined on 2/16/2014While the food was EXCELLENT, there was not enough of it. We do not mind ordering Ala Cart, but the description of my seafood selection must have listed at least 3 or 4 other vegetables, and yet I could hardly find them when my meal was served. The serving size of the actual fish was generous and delicious. Our server was also very slow taking our order. While he may have been waiting for us to signal, it would have been nice if, instead of just walking by that he had actually stopped to see if we were ready to order. After walking by 3 times or more, we finally had to flag him to stop. We did not order desert because we were still hungry for dinner. The prices seemed high on that account. The cocktails were generous.Special Features:
- Good but not their best effortMiLBDined on 2/16/2014The food and atmosphere were great. Service was very good until we got to dessert. We were told some selections were not available (after we had ordered) and it took over 35 minutes to be served dessert. Granted, we were a party of 10 but we all felt 35 minutes was a bit too long. The delay dampened what had been a great experience to that point. We will definitely be back but might skip dessert next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Fine Dining By Any MeansDonnaDined on 2/15/2014Restaurant was way too loud, music in bar area made it impossible to have a conversation in the restaurant. Waiter was rushed and said that he would only recommend 2 things on the menu, when asked about another entrée he reiterated that those were really the only things he felt were worth ordering. Waiter never removed my cocktail glass when he brought 2nd and we had to wait & wait for our dishes to be cleared. Food was fair, pumpkin soup was way too thick to be called soup, spinach salad was small & tasteless, we both ordered his suggestion which was the strip steak special, it was overcooked and not tasty. I have only dined at this restaurant for lunch outside before...I would not recommend for dinner at all.Special Features:
- Lounge Singer Too MuchChefKVIPDined on 2/15/2014Dined there on a busy Sat night. Food was very good. Service was polite and able, but understaffed. The adjoining bar offered an awful Motown/disco lounge singer with digital music band - way too loud as the sound overwhelmed the restaurant area - terribly distracting and diners struggled with normal conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moon light on the oceanVeromanDined on 2/15/2014My lady, my cousin and I enjoyed a wonderful dining experience complimented by a full moon casting its beams on the ocean vista we enjoyed from our table. The staff, cocktails, food, décor, view, etc. were all wonderful. The prices are higher than most places but well worth it, in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing Place Good FoodVeroFanDined on 2/15/2014Great views, tales we'll spaced, efficient service, and very good food choices , preparation, and presentationSpecial Features:
- The only problem was theyValentineDined on 2/14/2014The only problem was they did not inform us of the valentine menu. I had my heart set on Salmon which was not on the menu. The set price was rather steep and included desert which I do not eat. They we're suppose to offer champagne which we never got. Food was good but I would never go on Valentin's Day unless they let you order from the regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's dischordant!!!FoodiemeVIPDined on 2/14/2014Except for the avocado gazpacho which was terrible, the food was prepared beautifully - however the special menu was not at all easy to comprehend - my hub and I are both post graduate degree types and we had a hard time following it - what it boiled down to was 2 love birds got to share 2 apps 1 main course and 2 desserts - for $120.00 w/complimentary glass champagne - not good - hope this not happen again not a good ideaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caring cookSwdillingerVIPDined on 2/13/2014Two of us at the table ordered cheeseburgers cooked medium. They both came well and took a while to get to us. We eat here a lot and the food always comes in a timely fashion and is always very good. Our server came by and asked how everything was and I said good except that the burgers were overdone. She spoke with the kitchen and came back to offer us both a new burger. We were both nearly half way through and asked if we could split one. We left the second half of our well done burgers and waited for the next burger which didn't take long and came out perfect. Sometimes things go wrong even in a good restaurant but the key is how do they resolve the issue. They did a great job and we will be back there within a week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great Ocean side dining experienceMackiiDined on 2/9/2014Cobalt consistently offers a delicious and fresh menu and is on the top of our list in. Vero. Beach. It has a modern elegance and comfortable ambiance. And you can't beat the views of the ocean!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!ThereidsDined on 2/6/2014An upscale evening with fabulous food and a special atmosphere outside! We sat outside on a large patio listening to the ocean. They had outdoor heaters and a beautiful fire pit area. There are few good restaurants on the beach in Vero , so this is worth the expense for a special evening! Our party of 4 loved everything we had, but some standouts were a lobster appetizer, the fish with quinoa, truffle fries,and the peanut butter cheesecake... And great bread!!Special Features:
- Very pleasant experienceguestDined on 2/6/2014We brought out-of-town guests and had a very enjoyable early dinner before going on to the theatre. The menu was interesting and varied as was the wine list. Everything we ordered was delicious and attractively plated, and the service was prompt.. We were very pleased with our choice of restaurants and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All but flavorQelizDined on 2/6/2014The menu look terrific on paper and on the plate, but lacks flavor (truffle fries are an exception). The salads are small and the flatbread more of a pizza. Ice cream flavors are great, but wait staff needs to get it from the kitchen to the table before it becomes a puddle. Nice wine selection. Friendly attentive wait staff. Will give Cobalt a second chance.Special Features:
- Lunch with old friendsKathyDined on 1/30/2014Love this place - great view, food, ambience - even the valet parking was complimentarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassyTastydishesDined on 1/26/2014Pleasant ambiance, great food, waiter needed more training.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually give this place 5PattiInFloridaVIPDined on 1/26/2014Usually give this place 5 stars, but the cook was a bit off today. Both of my husband & mine's meals were a bit over cooked, dry. With a group of people and did not want to complain. Never had this problem before, not sure if they changed cooks. Always busy, so should not have been an issue. Great wait staff!Special Features:
- Always a great experienceJimYorkDined on 1/24/2014The food there is always wonderful. We chose our entrees as much by the sides as the main food. Excellent wine choices and service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Are you kidding me. You sentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/22/2014Are you kidding me. You sent me a note yesterday that the restaurant advised I was a no show and I sent you back a note that I had indeed been on time on date of reservation. And now you send me this, like nothing was amiss. Get your act together and don't bother me again!
- food was excellent, ambiencenebrDined on 1/15/2014food was excellent, ambience was very nice, ocean view, waiter seemed to forget about us at times, prices highSpecial Features:
- Birthday Celebration for TwoAmeliaDined on 1/12/2014Cobalt is my choice for a special dinner celebration. The food is always delicious, beautifully presented and the portions are just right. I had the grouper served on a bed of quinoa - wonderful. However, the salad greens were limp. My husband had the scallops which he really enjoyed. Even though the restaurant was not crowded, the service at the beginning was slow. Our drinks were brought after the salads. I would prefer to sip and talk before the food was served. So timing could be improved. The warm bread was delicious. Cobalt is right on the ocean. If the night was warmer, it would be great to eat outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I appreciated that even thoughBoomerDined on 1/10/2014I appreciated that even though there were no specific vegan menu items, our server checked with the chef and came back to the table to let me know all of the vegetables, sides, grains, that I could choose that the kitchen would then plate for me. It made for a very pleasant experience, as there are many times I end up with a salad rather than a hot entrée. Service was helpful and spot on without hovering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular locationGammaDogDined on 1/6/2014My wife and I had a great beachside lunch on a perfect Florida January day (sunny, 73 degrees, light breeze). Sit outside if weather permits, the food was simple and well prepared. We will return whenever we want to enjoy a meal within earshot of the surf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an awful experienceEagleriverVIPDined on 1/2/2014Beyond terrible service, kitchen was so disorganized that it took two hours to get our meal. When we got it, disappointing. So different from my 12/30/12 experience, you would have to believe that they had no staff in for the night. Jenny, a server, was the only saving grace.
- solid restaurantRoyalairforce25VIPDined on 1/1/2014solifd food, solid service, beautiful decor and outdoor beachfront firepit. will returnSpecial Features:
- bad judgementOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013We were seated early evening and door to outside patio directly in front of table. Because the restaurant is facing the beach it is very windy and every time someone went in or out big wind hit table. We had to make several requests to me relocated and this early there were lots of empty tables. Bad judgement and experience for an expensive price fixed meal. Food was good but not exciting. We have spent the last couple years at Cobalt but not next year.Special Features:
- First time,excellent experienceDtmcconkeyDined on 12/30/2013We tried Cobalt for the first time for our anniversary and then went back the very next night for New Year's Eve. It was just as fantastic the second night. The food was delicious. They are very aware of food allergies, which helps since I have a gluten allergy. The desserts were out of this world. All made right at the restaurant with a gluten free choice! I usually sit with my coffee while everyone else enjoys dessert but I actually had my own gluten free dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dinnerEagleriverVIPDined on 12/30/2013House salad had an excellent, light dressing. The black grouper was moist with a very pleasant, light lemon butter sauce. The short ribs very outstanding, but needed color with carrots or spinach on the plate. The desserts looked exciting and tasteful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas EveStevieDined on 12/24/2013We enjoyed a delicious pre-Christmas dinner. I have always believed that a true test of a chef's skill is the way in which pan-seared scallops are cooked and presented. Needless to say I was most impressed. My scallops were cooked to perfection and plated with bamboo scented risotto, roasted cauliflower, pappadew and herb oil. The rest of my family thoroughly enjoyed their dinner selections....... butter basted lobster, truffle fries with garlic aioli and grilled bistro steak. I highly recommend the Cobalt restaurant for all of the reasons I have checked off above.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably the #1 restaurant in VeroRamaDined on 12/22/2013What a lovely, romantic spot: splashing waves, stars in the sky, 77 degrees at 7:30pm on Dec. 22--this is why people live in, visit and retire to Vero. If dining indoors, ask for a table not a banquette. If weather permits dine on the terrace overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, a memorable experience. Our salads and fish dishes were perfectly prepared, and a shared creme brulee dessert with bits of chocolate on top was so good we were tempted to order another. Our server was very cordial and attentive, but overall service was a bit slow and the person who delivered our wine promised but failed to bring an ice bucket for it. Cobalt is expensive but well worth the price; the food is excellent and the service is good though a bit variable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service, bitMikeoDined on 12/21/2013Great food and service, bit pricey but exceptionally prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/14/2013We went to Colbalt to celebrate our anniversary.EVERYTHING was perfect! Food was excellent and our waiter(Ethan) was very attentive without being annoying!he had great knowledge of the menu and made spot on recommendations . The outside dining was perfect(the full moon did help)This will become our special occasion go to placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/6/2013Went on a Friday night for business dinner, ambience was great, sat outside, server was knowledgeable and helpful with menu. Though I must admit was disappointed with the "domestic" wine list, hence I prefer international wines (i.e. Spain, Argentina) but the wine we were satisfy with the wine we had. Food met our expectations as did dessert. Overall a great eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean front dining without the sandOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/4/2013Best beach front dining in Vero Beach. Attentive service, varied menu ( even for Gluten free) and great setting make a popular choice for a classy lunch. Parking near the hotel can be a challenge but there is valet parking offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exploring CobaltOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/25/2013Service very friendly and professional. Creative menu containing items not seen before that were delicious (Pumpkin soup). Red Snapper a bit dry. Outstanding deserts--Compliments to the pastry chef. Comfortable and relaxed setting made the experience first class!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013The service was excellent and for the most part so was the food. My wife had the beet salad while it had a good flavor profile it could have used more of a variety of beets to balance out the vinaigrette and over abundance of endive. My wife and I both had the Scallops and we both agreed that the risotto could have used more cook time as it was still some what crunchy.Special Features: