1624 Laskin Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23451Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cobaltgrille.com/
- Phone: 757-333-3334x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Alvin Williams
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater all special occasions and pharmaceutical programs on and off site.
- Private Party Facilities: We will prepare intimate dinner parties or lavish cocktail parties at Cobalt or in your home.
- Private Party Contact: Edda Barthold 757-333-3334x
A word from Cobalt Grille
Treat yourself to a wonderful dining experience. Delicious food, great cocktails, extensive wine list and first class service at this locals favorite established in 2000.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cobalt Grille - Best Restaurants in Virginia Beach ›
Cobalt Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (44)fit for foodies (44)romantic (40)neighborhood gem (36)notable wine list (26)good for groups (21)vibrant bar scene (13)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (9)hot spot (9)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- RichardDined on 9/23/2014The food is excellent. The ambiance is pleasant and comfortable. On hamburger night, the noise level is high, but all in all, a lovely place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Findtan90drDined on 9/20/2014Don't let the exterior dissuade you. A fine restaurant inside.Special Features:
- forgoodDined on 9/18/2014My dish was horrible! The shrimp were not cleaned and deveined. Risuto was grainy and dish had hard cheese on top while sauce was non-existence.Special Features:
- Always Amazing2jewseatoutVIPDined on 9/15/2014Our server Montana is always fabulous and never misses a beat. I just have to tell her what I'm ffeling like having and she finds the perfect match on the menu!Special Features:
- Great every week!ScubaRonDined on 9/13/2014I go every week and it's consistently outstanding! Service, food, ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatSLI6Dined on 9/6/2014Been here several times, each time we left having enjoyed a culinary delight!!Special Features:
- Amazing food!foodieDined on 9/5/2014The food & wine/cocktail list was great! The filet that my husband ordered was cooked to perfection, and the FLC that I ordered was even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceDonDonDined on 9/5/2014Excellent food and good service always brings us back to Cobalt Grill. One doesn't expect to find such a fine restaurant in a strip mall, but in Hilltop you have several choices.Special Features:
- Falling off a bitAWESTYDined on 9/2/2014I have been going to Cobalt for 3 years now & the last 2 times, both a Tuesday nights (burger night), I have not been as impressed as I used to be. The fries were soggy in one of my visits & the buns were rocks on the second. Also my burger was over cooked & not as juicy as they have been in the past. I hope this is just a phase & they will regain the 5 star's they used to deserve. I will go back soon to find out.Special Features:
- Love burger night!GulleysFoilDined on 9/2/2014This is one of our favorite places to eat when we are in Virginia Beach. The chef uses local fresh vegetables and fish. They always have a great selection of protein's (fish, chicken, shellfish, duck, beef), sides and veggies. Their desserts could use a little work. My husband's favorite is Tuesday night 50% gourmet burgers. Our daughter's had the smokehouse burger, my husband had the Mediterranean burger and I had the mac and cheese burger. They also have "adult" milkshakes, however, we did not try them. My favorite meal was the filet mignon with shrimp scampi and mushrooms. Unfortunately I developed a shellfish allergy this summer....sigh!!! Guess I'll have to eat the Rockefeller Catch of the Day.Special Features:
- relaxed environment757foodieDined on 8/30/2014The restaurant was nice and relaxed. The food was ok but everyone in our party thought that at those prices the flavors should have been much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerkeithcVIPDined on 8/29/2014Nice dinner restaurant that provides great food and is hidden in the end of a strip mall. Definitely worth the hunt as the food is great and the service is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazzy and delciousMelissavabeachDined on 8/28/2014The is a great local restaurant. Kind of Blue, a local blues and jazz band, adds greatly to the ambiance and character. The food and wait staff are just phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything I'd hoped forFoodDined on 8/22/2014This place was the best! Amazing food. Atmosphere was perfect. Comfortable. The waitress was present and catering but not bothersome! Lovely evening with my queen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Consistent WinnerShadesDined on 8/16/2014You walk in to the Cobalt Grille and think "well the food must be good in here" and it is. Time after time. It is one of our favorite places to dine in Virginia Beach. The chef is creative, the service is impeccable, and the wine list is one of the best in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our first datecharismaticfoodieDined on 8/15/2014PERFECT setting for a first date food was awesome, it was quiet enough to enjoy romantic conversation but enough sound to fill in for the awkward silence between bites... all age ranges were at the restaurant which made it awesome the location was great and the service EXCEPTIONALSpecial Features:
- wonderful eveningswmonaDined on 8/12/2014We were in the area and had heard of Cobalt Grille so decided to give it a try. It was Tuesday night/Burger night with such great deals we all decided to have burgers although that was not my original choice. They were DELICIOUS along with fresh cut french fries. Great service. Terrific menu and we will return.Special Features:
- Hooray!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/5/2014Hooray for 1/2 price burger night. Great selection...nice night on the patio.
- Date nightNikfinDined on 8/1/2014Went here for date night. This was my first time eating there. The food was amazing. Cant say enough about it... I love the chef and his menu choices. The price is reasonable and the atmosphere is great.Special Features:
- Fine dining gem!MermaydMomDined on 8/1/2014As always our favorite restaurant did not let us down. Made a last minute reservation on a friday night, and we were seated at a great time. Food and service was top notched. Our server was timely even though it was a busy evening. Highly recommend the awesome burgers. Thick, juicy and served at right temp. Enjoyed the scallop appetizer which was hot yet yummy. Finished our meal with the famous do nut holes & ice cream trio. Who would think that Siracha ice cream would be so good. Always a treat, Alvin the Chef, made our dining experience perfect. Looking forward to coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. .OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The food was excellent. We loved everything especially the fried oreos. I always wanted to try one and I finally got the chance. Next time I'm trying the burgers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/1/2014Absolutely delicious food. We had the seafood special (flounder with lobster and crab), the duck and the salmon. Perfectly cooked and presented. Service was brisk as the restaurant on a Friday evening was very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinnerMattBDined on 8/1/2014I took my wife to Cobalt Grille for her birthday and we had an excellent meal. The goat cheese app was outstanding and we finished every last bite of it. She loved her shrimp and scallop risotto, which was huge, and I enjoyed the filet special of the night. Our server was attentive even though she had a lot of tables. The only disappointment of the night was that they were out of creme brulee which my wife was really looking forward to. The dim sum donuts we got instead were delicious and the free champagne we received as an apology for the creme brulee was a nice touch. The volume levels did get a bit high by the time we finished our meal so I am glad our reservations were a bit early. We would definitely dine there again.Special Features:
- NiceCarolinaDined on 7/25/2014Looking for a reservation last minute on Friday night. We sat outside so was not able to take advantage of lovely dining area. All was nice. Have dined here before with a large work group and all was good then also.Special Features:
- Cobalt is Great!rbwvDined on 7/25/2014Had a great meal at Cobalt Grill, excellent food and service. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciouslaurenabrittDined on 7/23/2014The food was so scrumptious and flavorful. The fried oreos are to die for!Special Features:
- localguyVIPDined on 7/22/2014We enjoy going to Cobalt for the Burger night special. They are always delicious and we love the onion straws. Just wish they would serve the burgers on a larger plate because the food keeps falling off of the edges onto the table.Special Features:
- Fabulous dining experienceDennyVIPDined on 7/21/2014Arden Allen was our server, and I cannot say enough about her warm, helpful professionalism. She's such a pleasure! The food is always great at COBALT, from a lunch with friends, to dinner with my husband, to the wine dinners with a group. It's always top quality, and that's why I love to return to COBALT GRILLE.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/17/2014Thought the food was well presented and the flavors popped! The Flounder with crab and ber blanc sauce was outstanding, as was the salmon on the main menu.Special Features:
- Superb filet of beefSatedDined on 7/15/2014All meals were excellent, good wine list, pricey. I would go back for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a true gem!LiznVBDined on 7/12/2014If you enjoy fresh, beautifully prepared food, then race over to Cobalt Grille. When we dine out, we want it to be something different than what we can have at home. My husband is an excellent cook, so we can often be disappointed when going out since it isn't as good as what he can cook. At Cobalt Grille this past Saturday, we were both thrilled with our Flounder topped with crab and lobster and a lemon beurre blanc sauce. The fish was amazing. Kobe beef appetizer was also excellent. Our server was attentive and nice and gave great recommendations.Special Features:
- Outstanding experience!SeriousFoodieDined on 7/11/2014Easily one of the best food experiences I've had in Hampton Roads. Cobalt Grille's wine list is excellent. Their service staff is professional and very knowledgeable about the preparation of the menu items. The atmosphere in the dining area was perfect for an intimate dinner date. The quality of the food was exceptional, much better than you would ever expect to find hidden behind a bar.Special Features:
- Big party intrudedSusanDined on 7/5/2014My wife and I are frequent visitors to Cobalt and like the restaurant very much . However on this evening the meal was completely spoiled by the presence of a 40 person birthday party. This party overwhelmed the restaurant and made the other - admittedly few - diners very uncomfortable. If the restaurant wants to take a party that large they should close the place to others or at least warn folks. It was by far our worst experience at Cobalt.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, not my last time.diningaddictDined on 6/28/2014The service could not be beat, prompt and courteous. Food was delicious and prepared as we asked. If your going for romance, ask for the corner booth. Looks like a good place for brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShambenoDined on 6/27/2014The service was outstanding, food was great, just the whole experience there was awesome. We will be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loyal Patron !Sharkfin13Dined on 6/24/2014The Cobalt Grille is our GoTo Tuesday night meeting spot with friends. We enjoy Burger Night and getting to know the staff who all do a fantastic job! They have our orders memorized at this point and that adds to the fun of the evening. see you next Tuesday at the Cobalt Grille in Virginia Beach!Special Features:
- Great food and StaffTinaDined on 6/21/2014Excellent food and attentive waitresses and Wine Seward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this gemDebkDined on 6/20/2014Great food and ambience. Staff knowledgable and attentive. Tuesday night 1/2 price burger night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingJBlythDined on 6/17/2014They never fail me! This is my favorite restaurant. Atmosphere is great, modern environment, with food that's always top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingDp1977Dined on 6/14/2014The best restaurant I've been to in Virginia. Awesome food and great staff. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.