1624 Laskin Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23451Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cobaltgrille.com/
- Phone: (757) 333-3334
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Alvin Williams
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater all special occasions and pharmaceutical programs on and off site.
- Private Party Facilities: We will prepare intimate dinner parties or lavish cocktail parties at Cobalt or in your home.
- Private Party Contact: Edda Barthold 757-333-3334x
A word from Cobalt Grille
Treat yourself to a wonderful dining experience. Delicious food, great cocktails, extensive wine list and first class service at this locals favorite established in 2000.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cobalt Grille - Best Restaurants in Virginia Beach ›
Cobalt Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (43)special occasion (39)romantic (37)neighborhood gem (34)notable wine list (25)good for groups (22)great for lunch (14)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (11)great for outdoor dining (8)great for brunch (7)late-night find (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great for date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2014My wife and I have gone to Cobalt every year since we got married and it has always been great. The food was excellent and the ambiance of was spectacular. The only issue we had was that my entree was put in too early and came out while I wasn't even halfway through my appetizer, so I felt a bit rushed. Maybe the waitress was new? Either way, I would still highly recommend Cobalt, as it is one of our favorite date night spots in Hampton Roads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The one and only...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2014Cobalt just gets better and better. We've been regulars for years and assure the food and service are the best in HR. Unfortunately, the noise level has risen in all resturants and we hear and read the complaints consistently. Hey, managers, are you listening? But, friends, Cobalt is still soooo good...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantClassyladyDined on 11/18/2014The food, service, ambiance, service are all excellent, I would highly recommend this restaurant for any occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pomegranate Martini!FayeDined on 11/11/2014We started with Portabella Fries which were absolutely delicious. The service was flawless and the Rockfish was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regular Get-A-WaySharkfin13Dined on 11/4/2014Our group goes to Cobalt 3-4 Tuesdays per month. Burger night is the Best! Food is great, service is super, and customer loyalty is rewarded.Special Features:
- Bad ExperienceROSABDined on 10/28/2014Usually this is a great place to eat. We went on a Tuesday which is half price burger night. What a mistake.
- Burger NightHungryColesDined on 10/28/2014Once again we enjoyed Cobalt . Good food , great deal on gourmet burgers and drinks. See you soon .Special Features:
- Delicious!!!sweettDined on 10/24/2014I love Cobalt! The whole experience was great. Our server, Lauren, was prompt, fun, and knowledgeable . The special app was one of my favorites, carpaccio... and it was amazing!!! We both had seafood dishes, and the tuna and salmon I would absolutely order again! Dessert was the pastries with dipping sauces and it was hard to decide which of them was the best. Great service, food and time...Overall this was a 5 star night!Special Features:
- Really Good MealDianaVIPDined on 10/24/2014I had one of the specials, Beef Wellington w/sautéed spinach in a wine sauce. The beef was extremely tender. They missed putting on some pate on the beef and the wine sauce was a bit overpowering. I started with the fresh kale salad; a nice change from lettuce. Husband had another special, sheepshead fish topped with crabmeat and shrimp. He opted for the risotto rather than potatoes. I forgot what veg he had, but he ate everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our New Number 1 RestaurantLoveMargaritasDined on 10/21/2014Have always heard about how wonderful this place is,and finally got to Cobalt, it was a Tuesday night and moderately busy. We tried the hamburgers, which are not ordinary hamburgers, but the best burgers ever. Wine list was perfect too. We had a bottle of wine with our burgers to make our experience complete. Our server was very professional and always on top of our needs and kept our table nice. We typically go out to dinner a couple of times a week. Cobalt Grille will take first place on our list. We can't wait to try other menu selections or sit outside at the fire pits!Special Features:
- RegularSharkfin13Dined on 10/21/2014Our group meets there on Tuesday nights about 3 times per month. It's our favorite Burger, Beer, and Wine venue! Always a great evening, and we plan to continue going to the Cobalt Grille for a fun time.Special Features:
- Great Ambiance!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I love the place! While not exactly a hole-in-the-wall restaurant, Cobalt Grille is close enough. (That's a compliment. : - ] ) It has its own cachet. I'm heading back there. Soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- momsDined on 10/16/2014Food , place and server were all excellent...everything was just special! Keep up the good work...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good decor/great foodFreddieBDined on 10/14/2014Was very surprised with how the restaurant looked inside. Aside for one mural that didn't look like it fit, all decorations were attractively done. Menu selection was wonderful and food was exceptional. Ordered bread, but it didn't make it to us until our meals were finished. Also surprised to see so many people eating out on a Tuesday evening. Good sign!! Looking forward to eating there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another winner !HungryColesDined on 10/4/2014Once again Cobalt Grille delivers . Tastey specials, great wines and nice dinner experience . Looking forward to going back ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RichardDined on 9/23/2014The food is excellent. The ambiance is pleasant and comfortable. On hamburger night, the noise level is high, but all in all, a lovely place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Findtan90drDined on 9/20/2014Don't let the exterior dissuade you. A fine restaurant inside.Special Features:
- forgoodDined on 9/18/2014My dish was horrible! The shrimp were not cleaned and deveined. Risuto was grainy and dish had hard cheese on top while sauce was non-existence.Special Features:
- Always Amazing2jewseatoutVIPDined on 9/15/2014Our server Montana is always fabulous and never misses a beat. I just have to tell her what I'm ffeling like having and she finds the perfect match on the menu!Special Features:
- Great every week!ScubaRonDined on 9/13/2014I go every week and it's consistently outstanding! Service, food, ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatSLI6Dined on 9/6/2014Been here several times, each time we left having enjoyed a culinary delight!!Special Features:
- Amazing food!foodieDined on 9/5/2014The food & wine/cocktail list was great! The filet that my husband ordered was cooked to perfection, and the FLC that I ordered was even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceDonDonDined on 9/5/2014Excellent food and good service always brings us back to Cobalt Grill. One doesn't expect to find such a fine restaurant in a strip mall, but in Hilltop you have several choices.Special Features:
- Falling off a bitAWESTYDined on 9/2/2014I have been going to Cobalt for 3 years now & the last 2 times, both a Tuesday nights (burger night), I have not been as impressed as I used to be. The fries were soggy in one of my visits & the buns were rocks on the second. Also my burger was over cooked & not as juicy as they have been in the past. I hope this is just a phase & they will regain the 5 star's they used to deserve. I will go back soon to find out.Special Features:
- Love burger night!GulleysFoilDined on 9/2/2014This is one of our favorite places to eat when we are in Virginia Beach. The chef uses local fresh vegetables and fish. They always have a great selection of protein's (fish, chicken, shellfish, duck, beef), sides and veggies. Their desserts could use a little work. My husband's favorite is Tuesday night 50% gourmet burgers. Our daughter's had the smokehouse burger, my husband had the Mediterranean burger and I had the mac and cheese burger. They also have "adult" milkshakes, however, we did not try them. My favorite meal was the filet mignon with shrimp scampi and mushrooms. Unfortunately I developed a shellfish allergy this summer....sigh!!! Guess I'll have to eat the Rockefeller Catch of the Day.Special Features:
- relaxed environment757foodieDined on 8/30/2014The restaurant was nice and relaxed. The food was ok but everyone in our party thought that at those prices the flavors should have been much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerkeithcVIPDined on 8/29/2014Nice dinner restaurant that provides great food and is hidden in the end of a strip mall. Definitely worth the hunt as the food is great and the service is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazzy and delciousMelissavabeachDined on 8/28/2014The is a great local restaurant. Kind of Blue, a local blues and jazz band, adds greatly to the ambiance and character. The food and wait staff are just phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything I'd hoped forFoodDined on 8/22/2014This place was the best! Amazing food. Atmosphere was perfect. Comfortable. The waitress was present and catering but not bothersome! Lovely evening with my queen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Consistent WinnerShadesDined on 8/16/2014You walk in to the Cobalt Grille and think "well the food must be good in here" and it is. Time after time. It is one of our favorite places to dine in Virginia Beach. The chef is creative, the service is impeccable, and the wine list is one of the best in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our first datecharismaticfoodieDined on 8/15/2014PERFECT setting for a first date food was awesome, it was quiet enough to enjoy romantic conversation but enough sound to fill in for the awkward silence between bites... all age ranges were at the restaurant which made it awesome the location was great and the service EXCEPTIONALSpecial Features:
- wonderful eveningswmonaDined on 8/12/2014We were in the area and had heard of Cobalt Grille so decided to give it a try. It was Tuesday night/Burger night with such great deals we all decided to have burgers although that was not my original choice. They were DELICIOUS along with fresh cut french fries. Great service. Terrific menu and we will return.Special Features:
- Hooray!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/5/2014Hooray for 1/2 price burger night. Great selection...nice night on the patio.
- Date nightNikfinDined on 8/1/2014Went here for date night. This was my first time eating there. The food was amazing. Cant say enough about it... I love the chef and his menu choices. The price is reasonable and the atmosphere is great.Special Features:
- Fine dining gem!MermaydMomDined on 8/1/2014As always our favorite restaurant did not let us down. Made a last minute reservation on a friday night, and we were seated at a great time. Food and service was top notched. Our server was timely even though it was a busy evening. Highly recommend the awesome burgers. Thick, juicy and served at right temp. Enjoyed the scallop appetizer which was hot yet yummy. Finished our meal with the famous do nut holes & ice cream trio. Who would think that Siracha ice cream would be so good. Always a treat, Alvin the Chef, made our dining experience perfect. Looking forward to coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. .OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The food was excellent. We loved everything especially the fried oreos. I always wanted to try one and I finally got the chance. Next time I'm trying the burgers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/1/2014Absolutely delicious food. We had the seafood special (flounder with lobster and crab), the duck and the salmon. Perfectly cooked and presented. Service was brisk as the restaurant on a Friday evening was very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinnerMattBDined on 8/1/2014I took my wife to Cobalt Grille for her birthday and we had an excellent meal. The goat cheese app was outstanding and we finished every last bite of it. She loved her shrimp and scallop risotto, which was huge, and I enjoyed the filet special of the night. Our server was attentive even though she had a lot of tables. The only disappointment of the night was that they were out of creme brulee which my wife was really looking forward to. The dim sum donuts we got instead were delicious and the free champagne we received as an apology for the creme brulee was a nice touch. The volume levels did get a bit high by the time we finished our meal so I am glad our reservations were a bit early. We would definitely dine there again.Special Features:
- The following 407 reviews are from the Cobalt Grille reviews archive.
- NiceCarolinaDined on 7/25/2014Looking for a reservation last minute on Friday night. We sat outside so was not able to take advantage of lovely dining area. All was nice. Have dined here before with a large work group and all was good then also.Special Features:
- Cobalt is Great!rbwvDined on 7/25/2014Had a great meal at Cobalt Grill, excellent food and service. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.