1054 Alberni Street
Vancouver, BC V6E1A3Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.coastrestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 6046855010
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Thurs: 11:30am - 1:00am
Fri: 11:30am - 2:00am
Sat: 4:30pm - 2:00am
Sun: 4:30pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Pedro Gonzalez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Glowbal Catering Group is here to help you with your function large or small. Call for details and any inquiries.
- Special Events: COAST is the perfect venue to handle all of your special events and functions with flexible seating, private dining facilities, a separate lounge space, and seating capacity up to 260 people.
A word from COAST Restaurant
COAST showcases the best quality seafood served with classic style. Fresh oysters along with signature dishes like Dungeness crab cakes, seafood platters, chowders and sushi. Landlubbers may select juicy cuts of Triple A Canadian Prime beef. Wine list features 100 wines under $100, stocked full of gems. Adjacent O Lounge features an intimate split-level room seating 70, with plush, tangerine mid-rise sofas and sultry back-lit columnsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
COAST Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
COAST Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (90)special occasion (82)hot spot (70)vibrant bar scene (65)good for groups (50)romantic (43)great for outdoor dining (42)great for lunch (38)notable wine list (30)neighborhood gem (25)late-night find (19)great for brunch (17)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Outstanding service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014This was our first visit and will NOT be our last! We had a wonderful server named Liam and manager named Robert who were extremely professional and helpful. The sablefish melted in your mouth! The food, ambience, and service were amazing! Looking forward to our next time!Special Features:
- SablefishOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014We got table 202 which was perfect , server was good, all the food was great except the sablefish that us part of the hot signature platter. Sablefish is my favourite fish and I've always been satisfied at other restaurants except this one. MSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Coast is one of my favourite restaurants! I went last weekend for my birthday dinner with a few of my closest girlfriends, and as soon as we walked in we were treated like VIP. The owner got us a round of champagne as we were seated, then we started with appies, followed by an amazing dinner. After dinner we got shots on the house then they brought out a birthday dessert for me. I felt very special indeed!! Never let down when I go to coast! But this night they went above and beyond for my table!! Thanks for a memorable night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level ruined the experienceEnglishrose40Dined on 8/22/2014What a shame, this was our second visit in 10 days, the first time we loved everything, but on our second visit the noise level meant that we could not have any conversation, in fact I ended up with a headache. The food was excellent, but dining out is also about the whole experienceSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and perfect service!CaroVIPDined on 8/22/2014We were in Vancouver for a few days and had booked reservations at Coast based off of the menu and ratings, and we were so glad we did! The seafood was so fresh - the first night I had halibut, but then envied my friend's salt baked seabass so much we had to go back to get that again. Both nights our servers were accommodating and knowledgeable (we had 2 in our group with food sensitivities, so lots of substitutions and questions), and the food was perfect. Yes, it's not a quiet restaurant but we had no issue having conversation - I'm hoping to get back to Vancouver to visit Coast again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Freat seafood resgurant, very friendly staff and good service if not too busy. Restuarant can be quite noisy so outside is better, quieter. Nice dining outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Had a lovely anniversary dinner with my hubby ~ we shared the crab cake to start and then shared the seafood surf and turf.. The steak was cooked perfectly and the seafood was delicious. Our waiter was awesome ~ he brought out a beautiful dessert tasting platter that read Happy Anniversary in chocolate on the house. Memorable evening. Loved the downtown vibe.Special Features:
- Good, but overpricedFirestar501Dined on 8/16/2014This place's environment is pretty nice; cool vibeSpecial Features:
- Great food and ambianceRobfromHollandDined on 8/11/2014We had dinner twice during our 4 day stay in Vancouver. We really enjoyed the atmosphere and the sushi!Special Features:
- Decent Seafoodpavel311Dined on 8/9/2014Food was pretty decent. Enjoyed our evening but noise and service detractedSpecial Features:
- Hostess (Stacey) What A Gem!!goaliemotherDined on 8/8/2014Have been to Coast on 2 previous occasions while on business in Vancouver. When we were seated by Stacey we were seated at the exact table that we had been seated at on both of our previous visits to Coast. When Stacey discovered this she found us another table (this time a great table for 2) that was overlooking the very vibrant bar scene below. Wow!! We really were delighted that she took it upon herself to do this for us. We also met the newest manager who was delightful also. We will most definitely visit Coast again on our visits to Vancouver.Special Features:
- We were well taken care of...FancypantsDined on 8/8/2014We chose Coast to celebrate our wedding anniversary, great atmosphere, consistent food, attentive service. Miso glazed sablefish is a winner, we will always order this, if it's on the menu. Love the spicy Caesar with the shrimp and pickled green bean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/7/2014Overall experience was good. I was not impressed with their crab cake; it was not fresh.
- Great food, terrible waitressFoodievanDined on 8/4/2014The food was great, the ambiance was nice, and the noise level was perfect for a long catch-up session with an old friend. However our waitress really ruined the entire night for us. She didn't do anything particularly rude, but she seemed to look down at us. Perhaps it was because we weren't dressed as fancily, but she barely cared for us even though she wasn't particularly busy either. Whenever I looked at her, she just stared blankly. When I asked her to take a photo for us, she looked annoyed and our photo turned out very awkward. When I spilled water all over my table, she didn't even clean it up even though she saw it happen. I still tipped 15% hoping it would go to the rest of the staff...Could have been a generally good night.Special Features:
- Our server was fantastic!Soulflower728Dined on 8/1/2014It was my birthday celebration and our waiter was always greeting me a happy birthday. He made my birthday memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive service and fine diningNewtDined on 7/27/2014Keep in mind this restaurant charges more than the average will. The service is attentive and punctual. The food is presented well, tastes good, but small (which is expected). However by the end we were stuffed regardless. Since I told them or was our wedding anniversary, they were kind enough to give us complimentary dessert. The salted chocolate crunch bar is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown seafoodmtsalDined on 7/24/2014The food was good though not as good as some other restaurants in the same price range, and the portions were smaller. The restaurant is large and the dishes seemed a bit mass-produced. Also the noise level was high with loud, pounding music not conducive to conversation.Special Features:
- Worth a visitLadyDined on 7/24/2014This place was recommended by a friends. We enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findluvgoodfoodDined on 7/24/2014Service was great, food was really delicious and choice was plentiful. The place had a buzz to it. Management were very visible and present. Overall a great night outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasantBaspenDined on 7/21/2014Every morsel of food was delicious. We were new to Vancouver and the waiter was eager to help us find some of the hidden gems around town!Special Features:
- Great Night OutTombaDined on 7/19/2014Really great experience for a foodie / wine lover. I was on a first date, service from Dianna was excellent without being over-attentive, Jerome ( Sommlier / Restaurant Manager) was extremely helpful in choosing some excellent wine and generally making our evening really memorable.Special Features:
- Awesome FoodjcpooVIPDined on 7/15/2014awesome service - Franklin is amazing as always - i love the sushi box for lunch here!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2014Very disappointed with the entire experience. While our server was personable and offered suggestions, the food coming from kitchen was slow. Raw oysters should require little prep time! My husband did not get the dish that he ordered; but after waiting 30 minutes for the oysters, he ate what was served him. Music was loud to the point we could not talk across table. Air conditioning was having problems so indoor temp was uncomfortably warm. Overall, an unsatisfactory experience, one not to be repeated
- ExcellentNiecyDined on 7/12/2014The food was amazing and the customer service was the best I have ever experienced. All in all a wonderful night and we will definitely go again and have already recommended to others. Our server Jennifer was excellent and made our evening over the top!! Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one bad apple spoils the barrel?PickAnOrangeNextTimeDined on 7/12/2014We were warmly greeted at the entrance by the hostess who graciously showed us to our table. The ambience was good & the menu choices mouth watering. We ordered the signature surf & turf platter which was delicious. The manager who come around lighting the candles was friendly & sincerely wished us a good time. Even the bus person was cheerful & nice. So it really threw us off when the waitress who served us was unpleasant & generally created an unpalatable dining experience for us. In the end she made a mistake in the bill and when we pointed it out, her response to the mistake just made us feel awkward & unpleasant all over again. Everything else was good, it's just unfortunate that we had the waitress with the horrid hospitality.
- Lunch with friendsLovinitDined on 7/10/2014Always love the shrimp wrap lunch box and enjoying lunch with a friend or two on the patio anytime of year, but especially in the summer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To See and Be SeenLovemyGritsVIPDined on 7/5/2014Our first dinner in Vancouver disappointed. Our reservation ran late, so we took a seat at the bar. Several other couples seemed to be eating, and places were set. The restaurant was very full and the music was loud. The bartenders worked VERY hard, but making drinks was DEFINITELY their priority. This was not the right place to start a foodie vacation in Vancouver.Special Features:
- Weekend in VancouverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2014SPent our anniversary in Vancouver and had a fabulous dinner at Coast. The appies and meal were amazing and everything was extremely fresh. Our server recommended a delicious wine with our meal and we would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy hour!NomnomDined on 7/4/2014Nothing better than TGIF happy hour with the girls! Service was prompt, drinks were flowing and appies were awesome as usual - the crab cakes are delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- appy dealNeeseyDined on 7/4/2014We went there for half off appetizers and it was great. The food came quickly and it was delicious. The caesar salad was slightly over dressed though but I did not mind at all. The clam chowder was perfect and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Service A+JhipsDined on 7/2/2014Yesterday I celebrated my on year anniversary with my girlfriend. I have heard many great reviews from my friends and I wanted to try it out. The seafood was very fresh and you can tell the quality by the taste and texture. We arrived during happy hour which was also a plus! (50% off appies on Wednesdays I believe) Would highly recommend, you'll see us again I'm sure of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AteammumDined on 6/30/2014Excellent food, wonderful service and great ambienceSpecial Features:
- Consistently the best!WVgrlDined on 6/28/2014Our recent visit was to celebrate my brother-in-law's bday, a fact we mentioned when making the reservation. We received a great table on the upper level w/ a view of the entire restaurant. Our waiter (Matt) was amazing. He was attentive but gave us privacy too. The Manager stopped by a few times to ensure everything was good and shared a few laughs. We were a party of 4 and opted for 1 cold platter for 2 and 1 hot platter for 2. Both were great - I though the cold was the best! Coast never disappoints. I'll return time & time again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014We spent our third consecutive anniversary here and they treated us like we were incredibly important. The staff were kind and prompt and helpful and that, combined with the excellent meals provided for us, made us confident in our decision to return for this anniversary, and more than likely the next one. We felt very special once again and the way they took a couple extra seconds out of their incredibly busy evening to check up on us, wish us a happy anniversary, and to even give us the same table each year, was above and beyond service, and we appreciated it very much. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- Could be quieterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014We always enjoy coming to COAST. One note - - With the bar being in the front of the restaurant, I understand wanting some music - however, there are guests dining there as well - just up the step. If the music could be quieter in that area - it would be better. We've visited COAST each time we've visited Vancouver. We really enjoy the fried broccoli - it's sooooo tasty. I will continue to come back!!
- Tasty Experienceflipside48Dined on 6/27/2014Service was outstanding, the food was to die for. It was in my mind, a little overpriced. However when you are located in the downtown core the rental rates can be way up there. The noise level was at a point that showed everyone was enjoying themselves. Definitely a place for the younger set. I myself am on the "flip side" and as such enjoy a quieter experience. All in all a worthy place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Absolutely amazing restaurant, food always delicious and service was outstanding!!!! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breathtaking SushixperimentaldinerDined on 6/23/2014The sushi was so good it nearly brought my husband to tears and had him declare we'll have to come back to Vancouver from Europe just to have more of it. On the day we visited, the chefs had created a special 10-dollar nigiri from local ingredients that we tried and absolutely loved. Wine was well paired with the food and cocktails well made.Special Features:
- Rude waitressGaffer105Dined on 6/22/2014Really disappointing experience overall. Our waitress was rude from the outset and when asked about the menu said 'well we are out of crab and lobster' and in a fish restaurant at 2000 on a Sunday this seemed ridiculous. My parents were over from the uk and this was their first experience of a Canadian restaurant....unfortunately it wasn't a great one
- Simply the BestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/22/2014unbeatable for seafood. It was very very busy the night we were there and we had ordered a range of raw oysters to sample so that took a bit of time, but the manager came and gave us a second drink, unasked! Bartender Nathan was wonderful and so creative! we had fresh halibut and wonderful desserts… a memorable dinner.Special Features: