1054 Alberni Street
Vancouver, BC V6E1A3Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.coastrestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 6046855010
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Thurs: 11:30am - 1:00am
Fri: 11:30am - 2:00am
Sat: 4:30pm - 2:00am
Sun: 4:30pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Pedro Gonzalez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Glowbal Catering Group is here to help you with your function large or small. Call for details and any inquiries.
- Special Events: COAST is the perfect venue to handle all of your special events and functions with flexible seating, private dining facilities, a separate lounge space, and seating capacity up to 260 people.
A word from COAST Restaurant
COAST showcases the best quality seafood served with classic style. Fresh oysters along with signature dishes like Dungeness crab cakes, seafood platters, chowders and sushi. Landlubbers may select juicy cuts of Triple A Canadian Prime beef. Wine list features 100 wines under $100, stocked full of gems. Adjacent O Lounge features an intimate split-level room seating 70, with plush, tangerine mid-rise sofas and sultry back-lit columnsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
COAST Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
COAST Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
177 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (95)special occasion (82)hot spot (72)good for groups (64)vibrant bar scene (60)romantic (48)great for lunch (44)great for outdoor dining (39)neighborhood gem (28)notable wine list (26)late-night find (21)great for brunch (13)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Our AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Great decor, surprisingly large and excellent bar design. Delicious seafood selections, food quality outstanding. We were treated like royalty. Our server Trevor was informative, attentive and patient. The ambience was perfect for our event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place except for...JMicha33VIPDined on 10/16/2014The Music is always too loud! -- But No, I am not too old! (Pete Townsend quote) (Not a great choice in music taste either) It's hard to have conversation! It is the main reason I & many of my friends do NOT go here more often. Same owners as Black and Blue - which I also like immensely but my peers feel the same about the music level there and unfavorable choice of music!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014This restaurant has genuine and amazing customer service..their staff is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two Guys from OaklandOaklandFoodiesDined on 10/12/2014For a restaurant with an expensive menu, it was barely passable. All food was mediocre except for the chowder whiich was very good. The service was awful. I had my had frantically waving for service for what seemed liked 5 minutes with no less that 5 wait people passby by with no response. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. It was too expensive, with mediocre food and sub standard service.
- In France it's much better!CarolDined on 10/11/2014Quantity not huge Oyster a bit milky Poor variety of shellfish Super noisyI would recommend this to a friend.
- Food FactoryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2014Coast may have been a foodie stop at one point but it seems they have lost their way. The food is good, but there is a factory feeling about it. They turn out a ton of food very quickly and serve bus tours in the middle of it all. Our mains, were deliveried at the exact same time as our appys were take away - felt like an assembly line. Halibut was over cooked - a bit mushy when it gets overdone. I asked for vegs only with my fish and left it to the kitchen to decide on the veg option. I got asparagras wood - thick stocks of asparagras. I don't think the outer skin was shaved. Service was very good. All of the plates looked good. Just too formula-ic for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafoodRickDined on 10/5/2014Food was Great, I would stay away from their sushi rolls..looked like they were made in molds and fell apart easily. Otherwise eveything else was very tasty-I liked the fact that nothing was super heavy..so even after dessert- you good walk away without feeling stuffed (ie.food coma) Also saw that they have great tables that can accomodate large groups (which can be hard to find these days)Special Features:
- The Coast IS The BestFiretruckguyDined on 10/4/2014I've been to MANY restaurants around and in particular in Vancouver and I'd have to rate the Coast as one of the best as to the food and variety on the menu. I especially liked the outdoor patio as it's intimate, comfortable yet the street sounds/activity aren't an issue. The menu and food are great as is the overall experience. I've dined alot at many restaurants locally and around the world and the Coast stands out as one of the best that I'll always recommend and taking clients there tomorrow night!Special Features:
- Better second timebabakotoDined on 10/3/2014Had a lovely dinner and we were seated upstairs away from the noise and chaos of the main floor. When we go back, I would definitely specify an upstairs table. Food was good, service impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VanessaStarDined on 10/3/2014went there for lunch with a friend and sat outside the patio. lunch was good, lots of food!Special Features:
- For seafood fanaticsskalletor32Dined on 9/29/2014Awesome place to spoil yourself with good food. I would recommend Coast to anyone who loves seafood, and is ready to spend a good amount of money. The chef's choice of oysters was a great starter.Special Features:
- ptroshDined on 9/26/2014Food was excellent but wine list is substantially overpriced. Same bottle of wine at a nearby comparable restaurant is 20% less. Server was abrupt and not very helpful. A very average experience for a downtown Vancouver restaurant. Not likely to go back.
- Very impressedsweetVIPDined on 9/26/2014We were given an amuse bouche when we arrived and the service was excellent. Attentive, but not rushed. I was really impressed that I received a phone call afterwards from a manager asking how our meal was. I would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Series of mishapsAshleighJDined on 9/24/2014We were served flat champagne, our oyster order was never entered which made us wait 40 minutes for them when they're suppose to take 3-4 min, we ordered bread that never came and the restaurant was out of the bottle of wine we ordered and in substitute served us something that was equivalent but it was actually very sweet wine when we wanted dry.Special Features:
- juno49Dined on 9/21/2014Simply amazing. Coast is one of my favourite go to restaurant when it comes to seafood. I took a dear friend who was visiting from Toronto to Coast and he loved the classic steamed mussels and grilled lingcod. My pan seared scallops were cooked perfectly! Carl, our server, was very knowledgeable and friendly. Even the restaurant manager stopped by twice to make sure everything was perfect.Special Features:
- A great place to eatKirbyDined on 9/21/2014I have eaten here twice in the past month. Great service, the food is fresh and the presentation is good. I would recommend it to all of my friends. Obviously the staff has tried the food because when u ask about a selection on the menu they are very passionate with their reply. I like that. Their choices have always been fantastic! Thank u!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great business lunchTastytimeDined on 9/19/2014Our food was delicious and beautifully presented. Service was attentive and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great visit!Hroc30Dined on 9/17/2014It was a little loud by the bar, but the staff was excellent and the food was amazing, perfect portion sizes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coast ExperienceBeensDined on 9/17/2014Service was good, quick, attentive, server was very capable but rushed…she had time only to serve not really to engage or make contact or to make us feel comfortable. Food was cold, over rated and over priced. Lobster tail was cold and not de-veined, scallops cold, ratatouille gratin tasted like tinned tomato sauce with veggies- not hot, mussels were very good but not hot. Sashimi and sushi was excellent. The burrata salad was the best item on the menu - great size, good value, big portion of burrata, excellent oil, very tasty layer of proscuitto and really fresh tomatoes. YUM Dessert was good choco selection was very good, nicely done and great to share. Overall mixed - we would return for the burrata salad.
- Excellent seafood.BreacDined on 9/15/2014Wonderful restaurant. We ate outside on a warm evening. It seemed to me that had we eaten inside our conversation would have been drowned out by the music. Our waiter was very knowledgable.Special Features:
- Perfect!!!LovepastaDined on 9/14/2014Pre-Elton John Dinner with friends in from Kamloops......The dinner, wine list through to the desserts could not have been better!!!! One of the top five meals we've every had at a Vancouver restaurant. Server was so nice and attentive to our needs and limited timeline pre concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but let us finish it!SassyjuggernautDined on 9/13/2014Great place for seafood - the food and wine were excellent, our server was excellent....however there was one moment that marred our experience just a little. We had the oysters to start and the Surf & Turf platter for our main. It was a special/romantic occasion and we wanted to take our time. So, when the 'food runner' came to take our oysters before we were done, we were immediately annoyed. My husband rightly said, "Put that plate down!" Which the food runner did. Once we were clearly finished, he took our plate away and replaced with our main. The rest of the night was great but for that one moment it felt we were being rushed and also a lack of awareness. I would definitely go back again because everything else was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SnugsSnugsDined on 9/13/2014We found it very noisy,tables very close together. Not a place to hold a conversation without raising Your voice. I had salted sea bass, it was my mistake, just to salty😟Special Features:
- Great food, noisy environmentluv2dine99Dined on 9/13/2014We make it a point to get to Coast at least once per year. The oysters and seafood are great. Just now we were there early on a Saturday night. Already the noise on the main floor was a bit much, but we are over 45 so perhaps that explains it.) The oyster bar guys must be deaf, or exhausted from it by night's end.Special Features:
- Awesome!lovefoodDined on 9/13/2014Everything was perfect from the moment we stepped into the restaurant. We were greeted by more than one host(ess), the service was wonderful (she was very knowledgeable of the menu and the different types of fish), and the food was absolutely amazing. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- DisappointmentMike1944Dined on 9/11/2014My girlfriend and I had looked forward to going to coast because of our great experience two years ago. Something has definitly changed with the reatuarant. The Sable fish and Salmon were inedible, not fully cooked or seasoned. When the manager asked us what we thought of the food, we voiced our displeasure and in return he stuck his nose up and walked away. I have never seen a manager as rude, to customers and employees, as the one at coast. I would not ever recommend this reatuarant, unless to an enemy who I really didn't like.Special Features:
- AmazingDiningJimDined on 9/11/2014What a brilliant evening out, everything was perfect, the ambience, the food, the wine, the service. We shall definitely be back. The desert plate for our friend's wedding anniversary was amazing. Thank you Coast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RollsWishedformoreDined on 9/9/2014My spider roll and Brussels sprouts were not as satisfying as they were a couple of years ago. Was slightly disappointed in the overall experience. Last time the service was friendly and appearance was much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great nightlimegirlDined on 9/7/2014Dinner at Coast was very nice. The atmosphere, the staff and the food were all 4-5 stars for sure. I really loved the Tuna Poke as an Appi, and my friend enjoyed her Sablefish very much. I had the steamed mussels/clams with Thai sauce. I usually love ordering a shellfish pot at restaurants, so was comparing to others that I have had in the past. The flavour of the sauce was great, but I found the clams to have an odd taste to them. I also thought the portion was a bit small for the price. Ultimately, I think I just ordered the wrong item because everything going by our table looked so fantastic, delicious and beautifully presented. I will definitely be going back to try a few different things. Our Caesar with prawn garnish was the BEST.Special Features:
- excellent seafoodJohnDined on 9/7/2014Coast is reliably good for seafood, especially fish. However, the background music is a bit too energetic, so conversations at the table are hard. The wine list is good, but over-priced.
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014A great dinner at Coast. We shared the hot seafood platter. Best scallop I've ever eaten. Shrimp could have had more flavour and the sablefish seemed slightly undercooked. Delectable cheesecake for dessert. All in all a great dinner and great ambiance. Excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steamers (Mussels and clams)BummedDined on 9/3/2014I raved about the steamers to my collegue when I took him here but since they have changed it from a steamers pot to a plate/ shallow bowls seems like its no longer value for money even though the the taste was still ok. Literally 6 mussels and 7 clams hardly worth the $18+ dollars i paid. Bit disappointing and embarrassing given the great plug i gave my collegue before hand :(I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/service/good environmentfoodloversVIPDined on 9/1/2014I normally won't prefer outside table but this one made me feel very comfortable. Enjoy the warmth and good view of the fire behind the glass. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The seafood platter was very good and fresh. The menu didn't state it came with that many so we're pretty full and have to skip our favourite dessert - that would leave us an excuse to return. Service was good. We walked around and the bar setting is quite attractive, but a bit dark inside the restaurant. There are dining areas good for groups. Overall good impression.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceharriganDined on 8/30/2014Our sushi was excellent (though quite expensive), and we had great service at the bar and at our table.Special Features:
- Fabulous EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/29/2014Coast was recommended to us by some friends upon our visit to Vancouver. We went there for our anniversary dinner and were pleasantly surprised. The service was impeccable, our waiter Chris was so attentive as were the rest of the staff. Dinner was fabulous and the surprise Anniversary dessert topped off the evening. FABULOUSSpecial Features:
- TTTerrieVIPDined on 8/29/2014Bouillabaisse & Atlantic lobsters are always prepared to perfection!! Service is predictably prompt del w/ smiles. However, surprised to find out this hot spot doesn't offer soy or almond milk for coffee/tea drinkers. Likewise, salads are totally unacceptable, limpy & shredded apples on top were brown!!Special Features:
- Outstanding service and foodLabLadyDined on 8/25/2014This was our first visit and will NOT be our last! We had a wonderful server named Liam and manager named Robert who were extremely professional and helpful. The sablefish melted in your mouth! The food, ambience, and service were amazing! Looking forward to our next time!Special Features:
- SablefishOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014We got table 202 which was perfect , server was good, all the food was great except the sablefish that us part of the hot signature platter. Sablefish is my favourite fish and I've always been satisfied at other restaurants except this one. MSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!bdaygirlDined on 8/23/2014Coast is one of my favourite restaurants! I went last weekend for my birthday dinner with a few of my closest girlfriends, and as soon as we walked in we were treated like VIP. The owner got us a round of champagne as we were seated, then we started with appies, followed by an amazing dinner. After dinner we got shots on the house then they brought out a birthday dessert for me. I felt very special indeed!! Never let down when I go to coast! But this night they went above and beyond for my table!! Thanks for a memorable night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level ruined the experienceEnglishrose40Dined on 8/22/2014What a shame, this was our second visit in 10 days, the first time we loved everything, but on our second visit the noise level meant that we could not have any conversation, in fact I ended up with a headache. The food was excellent, but dining out is also about the whole experienceSpecial Features: