1054 Alberni Street
Vancouver, BC V6E1A3Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.coastrestaurant.ca/
- Phone: (604) 685-5010
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Thurs: 11:30am - 1:00am
Fri: 11:30am - 2:00am
Sat: 4:30pm - 2:00am
Sun: 4:30pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Pedro Gonzalez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Glowbal Catering Group is here to help you with your function large or small. Call for details and any inquiries.
- Special Events: COAST is the perfect venue to handle all of your special events and functions with flexible seating, private dining facilities, a separate lounge space, and seating capacity up to 260 people.
A word from COAST Restaurant
COAST showcases the best quality seafood served with classic style. Fresh oysters along with signature dishes like Dungeness crab cakes, seafood platters, chowders and sushi. Landlubbers may select juicy cuts of Triple A Canadian Prime beef. Wine list features 100 wines under $100, stocked full of gems. Adjacent O Lounge features an intimate split-level room seating 70, with plush, tangerine mid-rise sofas and sultry back-lit columnsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
COAST Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
COAST Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
173 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (90)fit for foodies (90)hot spot (74)good for groups (67)vibrant bar scene (56)romantic (43)great for lunch (41)great for outdoor dining (35)neighborhood gem (34)notable wine list (30)late-night find (22)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/20/2014Restaurant took 10 minutes to seat us for our reservation. Service was slow. Took 15 minutes for someone just to come to the table. Super hot with the patio heaters outside-felt like you were in a sauna. BTW. I never write reviews but our experience was subpar.
- One of my favouriteGenaDined on 11/18/2014Coast is one of my top 3 favorite restaurants in downtown Vanvcouver. Everything I have had there is amazing. Make sure you order the Brussels Sprouts - we never leave those out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingCon911Dined on 11/17/2014Awesome customer service!!! Food was great! Def going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendMVeeDined on 11/16/2014Recommend the seafood tower it was amazing all the seafood was super freshSpecial Features:
- YummygooochimikeDined on 11/15/2014Food and service as always is top shelf. If you can and you are in a small party i.e., 2 or 4 people, see if you can get a table overlooking the railing for a view of eh entire restaurant below as well during your meal :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2014The hostess reprimanded us for being 7 minutes late. She had an unfriendly attitude. The meal was excellent, but extremely rushed. The waitress barely gave us time to look at the menu before she was back asking if we had decided.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hr 50% off great dealluv2eatVIPDined on 11/13/2014Good drinks. Great food. Awesome desserts. Friendly service. Chic place for dinner w/friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointed this timeNeeseyDined on 11/9/2014I came here for a birthday dinner. I recommended this place because I have always had great experience from the staff and the delicious food. However, this time, I was disappointed. The service was lacking in speed and hospitality. I didn't get my water refilled until 3/4 way into the dinner. The food came at different times so half the table was eating dinner while the other half was waiting. However, I must admit, the food was amazing. The birthday boy was so happy with his food even though they messed up his main entree (they made the pan roasted sea bass instead of the baked sea bass). The cake was delicious as always and the dessert sampler was spectacular. If it wasn't for the food, I wouldn't have been so happy after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's my waitress?SuEJVIPDined on 11/9/2014I went here on a Sunday. Firstly, it was disappointing that the upstairs of the restaurant was closed. Although, we had made a reservation, we were given a less than desirable table. After requesting a move we were given a table in the lounge. Throughout our meal we were constantly looking for our waitress. As the bottle of wine was not left at our table, we could not pour for ourselves and our glasses were left empty for periods of time. Our seafood and sushi platter was missing wasabi, ginger and hot sauce. Empty plates lingered at our table The service was definitely lacking. Not what I would expect. It definitely seemed like the restaurant was not prepared for how busy they were that night. Much better at lunch. Disappointing
- Awesome!VanessaStarDined on 11/9/2014I bought the $99 - Sunday Night Dining Experience for 2 and it was a super good deal! The seafood platter for appetizer already made us full and the fish trio stuffed us to the top of the throat! all the fish was nicely cooked and the dessert platter was amazing! definitely would go back for another experience again if possible!Special Features:
- IcemanDined on 11/7/2014Good food, great service. Seems to be a great after work hangout if you work downtown with the half hour specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AtomosphereokuoDined on 11/2/2014We sat on the heated patio on a rainy day. It felt really warm and cozy. Loved it. The only thing was that the lighting was so low that I had to pull out my phone and turn on the flash light function to read the menu. Don't know how they could improve on that, though. Perhaps use fluorescent ink to print the menu? But that would be tacky. lol We had the COAST Signature Tower. Everything was good as expected. However the lobster was a bit rubbery and tasteless. We tried to use sauces to accentuate its flavor, but it didn't go with any of the 3 sauces that came with the tower (prawn cocktail, tartar and peppercorn). If they had given us the classic hot butter sauce it would have probably been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood at CoastJoeVancouverDined on 11/1/2014We are regular Coast diners since 2012. The food is great and it starts right from the appetizers! The best Caeser's Salad ever and the calamari is done to perfection. I have never tasted calamari quite as delicious as that served at the Coast. The Grilled Tiger Prawns and Scallops are our regular entrees and these two dishes also rate very high on our taste scales. Last but not least, for dessert.....the Banana Cake is a must but please do save some room. The Happy Hour deals are hard to resist with us filling up on everything else with no room for dessert! Great place but call on weekends as it gets rather busy!Special Features:
- Not as good as GlowbalWill2wilVIPDined on 10/31/2014The burger was a bit too heavy for my liking--possibly the batter used? as the fish itself was nice. The appy was too doughie for my liking.
- Special Place, Special FoodgolfkatVIPDined on 10/28/2014It was an evening to remember, with a great waiter, named Crawford. The manager also came by twice just to make sure our evening was special. We got there before 6pm, so enjoyed the happy hour specials at our table, which included all wines by the glass, and the entire left hand side of the menu. This meant starters of a half dozen oysters, and a wonderful Caesar salad. The topper was the whole Maine lobster, steamed perfectly, truffle fries, and a great side dish of crispy and flavorful Brussels sprouts. My wife had the grilled salmon, which was done a little too much, medium, but nonetheless tasty and fresh. You must go there, at least for happy hour, and stay for the main (Maine) event!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Fantastically expensive but nice for a special occasion or if you're made of moneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favourite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/24/2014There are so many options to eat in Vancouver but Coast retains a special place in my heart. The best way i can express it is as follows - i'm allergic to seafood and shellfish, and yet it remains my favourite restaurant in Vancouver. Great, excellent wait staff; a good bar; delicious fish and "turf" selections. Special shoutout for how they treat special occaisions - my wife and i were really well taken care of on the anniversary of our first date - from a beautiful dessert to the manager checking on us to a nice table upstairs. By far the strongest of all the Glowbal Restaurants.Special Features:
- AnnoyingAnnoyedDined on 10/23/2014I booked through open table and did not need the restaurant to call me the day before and the day after dining there. The food was okay but we were not offered coffee and after waiting for 20 minutes we had to ask for the bill.Special Features:
- Coast RestaurantktktDined on 10/19/2014A group fo eight dined on the Coast Retaurant special offer. Have to say the food and service was excellent. Great value and would do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our AnniversaryFancyNancyDined on 10/18/2014Great decor, surprisingly large and excellent bar design. Delicious seafood selections, food quality outstanding. We were treated like royalty. Our server Trevor was informative, attentive and patient. The ambience was perfect for our event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place except for...JMicha33VIPDined on 10/16/2014The Music is always too loud! -- But No, I am not too old! (Pete Townsend quote) (Not a great choice in music taste either) It's hard to have conversation! It is the main reason I & many of my friends do NOT go here more often. Same owners as Black and Blue - which I also like immensely but my peers feel the same about the music level there and unfavorable choice of music!Special Features:
- BiancamapleDined on 10/16/2014This restaurant has genuine and amazing customer service..their staff is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best in Vancouver and beyondHB4TravelersDined on 10/16/2014Every year for the past 4 years, we visit Vancouver BC. We live in Huntington Beach, California. The Coast Restaurant has the finest Seafood and best Salmon we have had in years. The restaurant has a great set-up, with round 360 degree Oyster Bar in the Center, along with a first and second floor. We were seated on the second floor, next to the railing, with a great view of the Bar and tables below. We were treated like royalty, and our two friends absolutely loved this place! Thanks to the management for spoiling us, as they do every time! The restaurant is bubbling with excitement and very Busy, even on a Thursday night, so be sure to make advance reservations. You won't be disappointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two Guys from OaklandOaklandFoodiesDined on 10/12/2014For a restaurant with an expensive menu, it was barely passable. All food was mediocre except for the chowder whiich was very good. The service was awful. I had my had frantically waving for service for what seemed liked 5 minutes with no less that 5 wait people passby by with no response. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. It was too expensive, with mediocre food and sub standard service.
- In France it's much better!CarolDined on 10/11/2014Quantity not huge Oyster a bit milky Poor variety of shellfish Super noisyI would recommend this to a friend.
- Food FactoryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2014Coast may have been a foodie stop at one point but it seems they have lost their way. The food is good, but there is a factory feeling about it. They turn out a ton of food very quickly and serve bus tours in the middle of it all. Our mains, were deliveried at the exact same time as our appys were take away - felt like an assembly line. Halibut was over cooked - a bit mushy when it gets overdone. I asked for vegs only with my fish and left it to the kitchen to decide on the veg option. I got asparagras wood - thick stocks of asparagras. I don't think the outer skin was shaved. Service was very good. All of the plates looked good. Just too formula-ic for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafoodRickDined on 10/5/2014Food was Great, I would stay away from their sushi rolls..looked like they were made in molds and fell apart easily. Otherwise eveything else was very tasty-I liked the fact that nothing was super heavy..so even after dessert- you good walk away without feeling stuffed (ie.food coma) Also saw that they have great tables that can accomodate large groups (which can be hard to find these days)Special Features:
- The Coast IS The BestFiretruckguyDined on 10/4/2014I've been to MANY restaurants around and in particular in Vancouver and I'd have to rate the Coast as one of the best as to the food and variety on the menu. I especially liked the outdoor patio as it's intimate, comfortable yet the street sounds/activity aren't an issue. The menu and food are great as is the overall experience. I've dined alot at many restaurants locally and around the world and the Coast stands out as one of the best that I'll always recommend and taking clients there tomorrow night!Special Features:
- Better second timebabakotoDined on 10/3/2014Had a lovely dinner and we were seated upstairs away from the noise and chaos of the main floor. When we go back, I would definitely specify an upstairs table. Food was good, service impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VanessaStarDined on 10/3/2014went there for lunch with a friend and sat outside the patio. lunch was good, lots of food!Special Features:
- For seafood fanaticsskalletor32Dined on 9/29/2014Awesome place to spoil yourself with good food. I would recommend Coast to anyone who loves seafood, and is ready to spend a good amount of money. The chef's choice of oysters was a great starter.Special Features:
- ptroshDined on 9/26/2014Food was excellent but wine list is substantially overpriced. Same bottle of wine at a nearby comparable restaurant is 20% less. Server was abrupt and not very helpful. A very average experience for a downtown Vancouver restaurant. Not likely to go back.
- Very impressedsweetVIPDined on 9/26/2014We were given an amuse bouche when we arrived and the service was excellent. Attentive, but not rushed. I was really impressed that I received a phone call afterwards from a manager asking how our meal was. I would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Series of mishapsAshleighJDined on 9/24/2014We were served flat champagne, our oyster order was never entered which made us wait 40 minutes for them when they're suppose to take 3-4 min, we ordered bread that never came and the restaurant was out of the bottle of wine we ordered and in substitute served us something that was equivalent but it was actually very sweet wine when we wanted dry.Special Features:
- juno49Dined on 9/21/2014Simply amazing. Coast is one of my favourite go to restaurant when it comes to seafood. I took a dear friend who was visiting from Toronto to Coast and he loved the classic steamed mussels and grilled lingcod. My pan seared scallops were cooked perfectly! Carl, our server, was very knowledgeable and friendly. Even the restaurant manager stopped by twice to make sure everything was perfect.Special Features:
- A great place to eatKirbyDined on 9/21/2014I have eaten here twice in the past month. Great service, the food is fresh and the presentation is good. I would recommend it to all of my friends. Obviously the staff has tried the food because when u ask about a selection on the menu they are very passionate with their reply. I like that. Their choices have always been fantastic! Thank u!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great business lunchTastytimeDined on 9/19/2014Our food was delicious and beautifully presented. Service was attentive and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great visit!Hroc30Dined on 9/17/2014It was a little loud by the bar, but the staff was excellent and the food was amazing, perfect portion sizes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coast ExperienceBeensVIPDined on 9/17/2014Service was good, quick, attentive, server was very capable but rushed…she had time only to serve not really to engage or make contact or to make us feel comfortable. Food was cold, over rated and over priced. Lobster tail was cold and not de-veined, scallops cold, ratatouille gratin tasted like tinned tomato sauce with veggies- not hot, mussels were very good but not hot. Sashimi and sushi was excellent. The burrata salad was the best item on the menu - great size, good value, big portion of burrata, excellent oil, very tasty layer of proscuitto and really fresh tomatoes. YUM Dessert was good choco selection was very good, nicely done and great to share. Overall mixed - we would return for the burrata salad.
- Excellent seafood.BreacDined on 9/15/2014Wonderful restaurant. We ate outside on a warm evening. It seemed to me that had we eaten inside our conversation would have been drowned out by the music. Our waiter was very knowledgable.Special Features: