1054 Alberni Street
Vancouver, BC V6E1A3Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.coastrestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 6046855010
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Thurs: 11:30am - 1:00am
Fri: 11:30am - 2:00am
Sat: 4:30pm - 2:00am
Sun: 4:30pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Pedro Gonzalez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Glowbal Catering Group is here to help you with your function large or small. Call for details and any inquiries.
- Special Events: COAST is the perfect venue to handle all of your special events and functions with flexible seating, private dining facilities, a separate lounge space, and seating capacity up to 260 people.
A word from COAST Restaurant
COAST showcases the best quality seafood served with classic style. Fresh oysters along with signature dishes like Dungeness crab cakes, seafood platters, chowders and sushi. Landlubbers may select juicy cuts of Triple A Canadian Prime beef. Wine list features 100 wines under $100, stocked full of gems. Adjacent O Lounge features an intimate split-level room seating 70, with plush, tangerine mid-rise sofas and sultry back-lit columnsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
COAST Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
COAST Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
181 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (96)special occasion (84)hot spot (69)vibrant bar scene (62)good for groups (54)romantic (46)great for outdoor dining (45)great for lunch (39)notable wine list (28)neighborhood gem (26)late-night find (20)great for brunch (15)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great visit!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014It was a little loud by the bar, but the staff was excellent and the food was amazing, perfect portion sizes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coast ExperienceBeensDined on 9/17/2014Service was good, quick, attentive, server was very capable but rushed…she had time only to serve not really to engage or make contact or to make us feel comfortable. Food was cold, over rated and over priced. Lobster tail was cold and not de-veined, scallops cold, ratatouille gratin tasted like tinned tomato sauce with veggies- not hot, mussels were very good but not hot. Sashimi and sushi was excellent. The burrata salad was the best item on the menu - great size, good value, big portion of burrata, excellent oil, very tasty layer of proscuitto and really fresh tomatoes. YUM Dessert was good choco selection was very good, nicely done and great to share. Overall mixed - we would return for the burrata salad.
- Excellent seafood.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Wonderful restaurant. We ate outside on a warm evening. It seemed to me that had we eaten inside our conversation would have been drowned out by the music. Our waiter was very knowledgable.Special Features:
- Perfect!!!LovepastaDined on 9/14/2014Pre-Elton John Dinner with friends in from Kamloops......The dinner, wine list through to the desserts could not have been better!!!! One of the top five meals we've every had at a Vancouver restaurant. Server was so nice and attentive to our needs and limited timeline pre concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but let us finish it!SassyjuggernautDined on 9/13/2014Great place for seafood - the food and wine were excellent, our server was excellent....however there was one moment that marred our experience just a little. We had the oysters to start and the Surf & Turf platter for our main. It was a special/romantic occasion and we wanted to take our time. So, when the 'food runner' came to take our oysters before we were done, we were immediately annoyed. My husband rightly said, "Put that plate down!" Which the food runner did. Once we were clearly finished, he took our plate away and replaced with our main. The rest of the night was great but for that one moment it felt we were being rushed and also a lack of awareness. I would definitely go back again because everything else was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SnugsSnugsDined on 9/13/2014We found it very noisy,tables very close together. Not a place to hold a conversation without raising Your voice. I had salted sea bass, it was my mistake, just to salty😟Special Features:
- Great food, noisy environmentluv2dine99Dined on 9/13/2014We make it a point to get to Coast at least once per year. The oysters and seafood are great. Just now we were there early on a Saturday night. Already the noise on the main floor was a bit much, but we are over 45 so perhaps that explains it.) The oyster bar guys must be deaf, or exhausted from it by night's end.Special Features:
- Awesome!lovefoodDined on 9/13/2014Everything was perfect from the moment we stepped into the restaurant. We were greeted by more than one host(ess), the service was wonderful (she was very knowledgeable of the menu and the different types of fish), and the food was absolutely amazing. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- DisappointmentMike1944Dined on 9/11/2014My girlfriend and I had looked forward to going to coast because of our great experience two years ago. Something has definitly changed with the reatuarant. The Sable fish and Salmon were inedible, not fully cooked or seasoned. When the manager asked us what we thought of the food, we voiced our displeasure and in return he stuck his nose up and walked away. I have never seen a manager as rude, to customers and employees, as the one at coast. I would not ever recommend this reatuarant, unless to an enemy who I really didn't like.Special Features:
- AmazingDiningJimDined on 9/11/2014What a brilliant evening out, everything was perfect, the ambience, the food, the wine, the service. We shall definitely be back. The desert plate for our friend's wedding anniversary was amazing. Thank you Coast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RollsWishedformoreDined on 9/9/2014My spider roll and Brussels sprouts were not as satisfying as they were a couple of years ago. Was slightly disappointed in the overall experience. Last time the service was friendly and appearance was much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great nightlimegirlDined on 9/7/2014Dinner at Coast was very nice. The atmosphere, the staff and the food were all 4-5 stars for sure. I really loved the Tuna Poke as an Appi, and my friend enjoyed her Sablefish very much. I had the steamed mussels/clams with Thai sauce. I usually love ordering a shellfish pot at restaurants, so was comparing to others that I have had in the past. The flavour of the sauce was great, but I found the clams to have an odd taste to them. I also thought the portion was a bit small for the price. Ultimately, I think I just ordered the wrong item because everything going by our table looked so fantastic, delicious and beautifully presented. I will definitely be going back to try a few different things. Our Caesar with prawn garnish was the BEST.Special Features:
- excellent seafoodJohnDined on 9/7/2014Coast is reliably good for seafood, especially fish. However, the background music is a bit too energetic, so conversations at the table are hard. The wine list is good, but over-priced.
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014A great dinner at Coast. We shared the hot seafood platter. Best scallop I've ever eaten. Shrimp could have had more flavour and the sablefish seemed slightly undercooked. Delectable cheesecake for dessert. All in all a great dinner and great ambiance. Excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steamers (Mussels and clams)BummedDined on 9/3/2014I raved about the steamers to my collegue when I took him here but since they have changed it from a steamers pot to a plate/ shallow bowls seems like its no longer value for money even though the the taste was still ok. Literally 6 mussels and 7 clams hardly worth the $18+ dollars i paid. Bit disappointing and embarrassing given the great plug i gave my collegue before hand :(I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/service/good environmentfoodloversVIPDined on 9/1/2014I normally won't prefer outside table but this one made me feel very comfortable. Enjoy the warmth and good view of the fire behind the glass. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The seafood platter was very good and fresh. The menu didn't state it came with that many so we're pretty full and have to skip our favourite dessert - that would leave us an excuse to return. Service was good. We walked around and the bar setting is quite attractive, but a bit dark inside the restaurant. There are dining areas good for groups. Overall good impression.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceharriganDined on 8/30/2014Our sushi was excellent (though quite expensive), and we had great service at the bar and at our table.Special Features:
- Fabulous EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/29/2014Coast was recommended to us by some friends upon our visit to Vancouver. We went there for our anniversary dinner and were pleasantly surprised. The service was impeccable, our waiter Chris was so attentive as were the rest of the staff. Dinner was fabulous and the surprise Anniversary dessert topped off the evening. FABULOUSSpecial Features:
- TTTerrieVIPDined on 8/29/2014Bouillabaisse & Atlantic lobsters are always prepared to perfection!! Service is predictably prompt del w/ smiles. However, surprised to find out this hot spot doesn't offer soy or almond milk for coffee/tea drinkers. Likewise, salads are totally unacceptable, limpy & shredded apples on top were brown!!Special Features:
- Outstanding service and foodLabLadyDined on 8/25/2014This was our first visit and will NOT be our last! We had a wonderful server named Liam and manager named Robert who were extremely professional and helpful. The sablefish melted in your mouth! The food, ambience, and service were amazing! Looking forward to our next time!Special Features:
- SablefishOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014We got table 202 which was perfect , server was good, all the food was great except the sablefish that us part of the hot signature platter. Sablefish is my favourite fish and I've always been satisfied at other restaurants except this one. MSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!bdaygirlDined on 8/23/2014Coast is one of my favourite restaurants! I went last weekend for my birthday dinner with a few of my closest girlfriends, and as soon as we walked in we were treated like VIP. The owner got us a round of champagne as we were seated, then we started with appies, followed by an amazing dinner. After dinner we got shots on the house then they brought out a birthday dessert for me. I felt very special indeed!! Never let down when I go to coast! But this night they went above and beyond for my table!! Thanks for a memorable night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level ruined the experienceEnglishrose40Dined on 8/22/2014What a shame, this was our second visit in 10 days, the first time we loved everything, but on our second visit the noise level meant that we could not have any conversation, in fact I ended up with a headache. The food was excellent, but dining out is also about the whole experienceSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and perfect service!CaroVIPDined on 8/22/2014We were in Vancouver for a few days and had booked reservations at Coast based off of the menu and ratings, and we were so glad we did! The seafood was so fresh - the first night I had halibut, but then envied my friend's salt baked seabass so much we had to go back to get that again. Both nights our servers were accommodating and knowledgeable (we had 2 in our group with food sensitivities, so lots of substitutions and questions), and the food was perfect. Yes, it's not a quiet restaurant but we had no issue having conversation - I'm hoping to get back to Vancouver to visit Coast again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Freat seafood resgurant, very friendly staff and good service if not too busy. Restuarant can be quite noisy so outside is better, quieter. Nice dining outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Had a lovely anniversary dinner with my hubby ~ we shared the crab cake to start and then shared the seafood surf and turf.. The steak was cooked perfectly and the seafood was delicious. Our waiter was awesome ~ he brought out a beautiful dessert tasting platter that read Happy Anniversary in chocolate on the house. Memorable evening. Loved the downtown vibe.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2014They have good fatty tunu sashimi. The server is nice, but slow. The music was very loud. We highly recommend you to sit outside.
- Good, but overpricedFirestar501Dined on 8/16/2014This place's environment is pretty nice; cool vibeSpecial Features:
- Great food and ambianceRobfromHollandDined on 8/11/2014We had dinner twice during our 4 day stay in Vancouver. We really enjoyed the atmosphere and the sushi!Special Features:
- Decent Seafoodpavel311Dined on 8/9/2014Food was pretty decent. Enjoyed our evening but noise and service detractedSpecial Features:
- Hostess (Stacey) What A Gem!!goaliemotherDined on 8/8/2014Have been to Coast on 2 previous occasions while on business in Vancouver. When we were seated by Stacey we were seated at the exact table that we had been seated at on both of our previous visits to Coast. When Stacey discovered this she found us another table (this time a great table for 2) that was overlooking the very vibrant bar scene below. Wow!! We really were delighted that she took it upon herself to do this for us. We also met the newest manager who was delightful also. We will most definitely visit Coast again on our visits to Vancouver.Special Features:
- We were well taken care of...FancypantsDined on 8/8/2014We chose Coast to celebrate our wedding anniversary, great atmosphere, consistent food, attentive service. Miso glazed sablefish is a winner, we will always order this, if it's on the menu. Love the spicy Caesar with the shrimp and pickled green bean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/7/2014Overall experience was good. I was not impressed with their crab cake; it was not fresh.
- Great food, terrible waitressFoodievanDined on 8/4/2014The food was great, the ambiance was nice, and the noise level was perfect for a long catch-up session with an old friend. However our waitress really ruined the entire night for us. She didn't do anything particularly rude, but she seemed to look down at us. Perhaps it was because we weren't dressed as fancily, but she barely cared for us even though she wasn't particularly busy either. Whenever I looked at her, she just stared blankly. When I asked her to take a photo for us, she looked annoyed and our photo turned out very awkward. When I spilled water all over my table, she didn't even clean it up even though she saw it happen. I still tipped 15% hoping it would go to the rest of the staff...Could have been a generally good night.Special Features:
- Our server was fantastic!Soulflower728Dined on 8/1/2014It was my birthday celebration and our waiter was always greeting me a happy birthday. He made my birthday memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive service and fine diningNewtDined on 7/27/2014Keep in mind this restaurant charges more than the average will. The service is attentive and punctual. The food is presented well, tastes good, but small (which is expected). However by the end we were stuffed regardless. Since I told them or was our wedding anniversary, they were kind enough to give us complimentary dessert. The salted chocolate crunch bar is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown seafoodmtsalDined on 7/24/2014The food was good though not as good as some other restaurants in the same price range, and the portions were smaller. The restaurant is large and the dishes seemed a bit mass-produced. Also the noise level was high with loud, pounding music not conducive to conversation.Special Features:
- Worth a visitLadyDined on 7/24/2014This place was recommended by a friends. We enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findluvgoodfoodDined on 7/24/2014Service was great, food was really delicious and choice was plentiful. The place had a buzz to it. Management were very visible and present. Overall a great night outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasantBaspenDined on 7/21/2014Every morsel of food was delicious. We were new to Vancouver and the waiter was eager to help us find some of the hidden gems around town!Special Features: