Edgewater Beach Naples
1901 Gulf Shore Blvd N.
Naples, FL 34102Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.edgewaternaples.com/
- Phone: 2394032000
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Capron
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Delicious cuisine for your special occasion Under the superb guidance of Executive Chef Herve Cuyeu, Edgewater Beach Hotel, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel offers sumptuous fare presented in an innovative and inspiring way. Allow the custom-created flavorful menus to expose you to a global view of cuisine and the unique visual presentations to add that exceptional touch to your special event, making for an unforgettable occasion. With unique venues of flexible indoor and outdoor function space, this hotel hosts a distinctive presence in providing exceptional services and amenities, including: •Culinary talent of Executive Chef Herve Cuyeu •Global view of cuisine •Internationally-inspired custom menus •Unique venues of indoor and outdoor function space •Coast, a fine dining experience with indoor and outdoor seating
- Private Party Contact: Ben Thomas 2394032150
A word from Coast
Enjoy internationally inspired cuisine in a comfortable, yet sophisticated atmosphere. With stunning views of a beautiful palm-lined courtyard and the crystal blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico, Edgewater Beach Hotel provides a stylish environment perfectly suited for any taste and the amazing location.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Coast reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (7)scenic view (6)fit for foodies (5)romantic (5)special occasion (5)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)good for groups (1)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Food is just as amazing as the viewDiamondAceDined on 10/17/2014Maybe my expectations were low going in, but I was blown away with the food at Coast. I had a steak which was I think better than an a-la-carte steakhouse. The view from the outdoor dining area is fantastic, as well as the service. The service feels more like a hotel than a 5 star restaurant, but that's what it is, the staff was very friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!MustangguyDined on 9/27/2014We had a wonderful dinner and excellent service by Kathleen who was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remodeling neededDianeVIPDined on 8/16/2014My only complaint is that the restaurant needed a little facelift. Examples dining tables were very worn looking. In the evening the tables should of had table clothes on them as the outdoor tables did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet gem with Gulf viewOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed a very nice dinner at Coast. Pretty view, great service. The macadamia encrusted snapper was very good, as was the wedge salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Grouper!drjoeDined on 7/4/2014The Grouper special was fantastic! Very attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gemJimmyVIPDined on 7/3/2014We have always eaten at Naples Beach Club when we wanted an ocean view. Never again. The food at Coast far surpasses the beach club and the view can not be beat. The wait staff is superior and did not hesitate with a few substitutions we requested. We all loved our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 94 reviews are from the Coast reviews archive.
- Nice hotel restaurantLove2TravelVIPDined on 6/11/2014My macadamia crusted snapper was very good. Everyone enjoyed their meal and the view of the Gulf was spectacular.Special Features:
- Never DisappointedFoodieVIPDined on 6/8/2014The food, the view, the service, the ambience... We can't believe (although happy) that you can get a reservation at this wonderful establishment. Out friend was celebrating her 60th Birthday and we convinced her to come from Punta Gorda to experience Coast. She was not disappointed. We sat on the terrace and Nancy was amazing (as usual). Because there were flowers she asked if it was my birthday and I told her that it was my friend's special day. After our meal, Nancy brought out a lovely dessert to commemorate the occasion (unsolicited mind you). That's some attention to detail. We love Coast and as long as the service and food continue to me amazing, we'll return. (You can't beat the view.)Special Features:
- LikethewaterDined on 5/23/2014Our food was delicious but the table next to us had fish that smelled bad and affected the surrounding tables. Overall, great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Konfuser ServicenaplesloverDined on 5/16/2014Die Bedienung war komplett konfus und fragte jede Frage 5 mal. Irgendwie komplett unkoordiniert. Alles in allem ein schlechtes Erlebniss. Das essen war zwar OK aber noch einmal würden wir dort nicht essen. Als die Servierten schon lange auf den Tellern lagen fragte man uns immer wieder ob wir fertig wären...was wir bejaten, trotzdem wurden die Teller nicht abgeräumt. Nach dem 3 "Ja" zu der Frage ob wir fertig wären, wurden die Teller dann abgeräumt. Es wurde nicht das Tagesspezial genannt und auch nicht nach neuen Getränken gefragt.
- Great sunset viewCaraMarDined on 5/12/2014Eight ladies met in the bar and had great service from Kathy, our bartender. Six of us moved to a table on the terrace for dinner. The service was great, the view lovely and the food delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not well known gemPopeyethesailormanDined on 5/11/2014This place may be overlooked as it is a "hotel" restaurant, but it was fantastic in every way: Seating, service, food, view, etc. at a reasonable price. We had four different meals and all were excellent. The staff actually seems to want people to enjoy themselves and the food. We would highly recommend it for a "nice, especially good, quiet dinner". PS The mussels were the best I ever had anywhere-including France and Germany.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014I went there for mothers day brunch. The variety of food was exceptional. Service was outstanding and the atmosphere was lively. We sat outside overlooking the pool area. I would have preferred not to have to watch the people at the pool but it was worth it to see the ocean. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great viewLadygulfVIPDined on 5/9/2014This was a last minute Friday night reservation and we were pleasantly surprised. The view was wonderful...the service attentive...and the food tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/3/2014My family hosted a surprise dinner to celebrate a birthday and the staff at Coast were terrific in making it work. Food and service were excellent, lovely view of the pool and ocean beyond.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemmeganDined on 4/26/2014Thanks to open table for finding this place! Coast is located in a hotel, so after driving by once we figured that out. The view is spectacular. We sat outside just as the sun was setting and it was gorgeous! I had the gazpacho soup and the grouper with an amazing curry sauce and my fiancé had the strip steak and all were wonderful. The service was attentive and quick and it was overall a relaxed and gorgeous evening! Definitely dine here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SurprisebmoreVIPDined on 4/20/2014What a find! I had the gazpacho to start & it was some of the best I've ever had. My husband had a salad special which he enjoyed. Our server suggested the special of the evening- a grouper presentation which as superb. My husband had macadamia crusted snapper & it was also excellent. The key lime pie was tart and creamy. Apparently, the Tidewater Hotel has been taken over by the Opal group of exclusive boutique hotels. Nice job! The views were incredible & I can't think of another restaurant in Naples ( with the exception of The Turtle Club Restaurant) with these views. Try it, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Always good!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/4/2014Have been here a few times and always good! The staff is excellent! In Naples most restaurants that have a view are pretty short on experience, coast has both!Special Features:
- Pleasant Surprise!KCarDined on 4/4/2014My husband and I made last minute reservations and were able to get a table at a reasonable hour. I recommend sitting outside. The inside area didn't appeal to me. Looked like you'd be sitting in the hotel lobby for a fine dining experience. Outside was lovely however. And the food was excellent. They offer a limited menu, but what we ordered was wonderful. My husband ordered the house made gazpacho. It was a generous portion that he shared with me, and it was delicious. We also split the grouper with a mild curry sauce which was excellent. There was no extra fee for splitting the meal either. Very nice. I would definitely recommend Coast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful!AnnapolitanDined on 4/1/2014Always a pleasure dining here. Not a bad seat in the house. Magnificent sunset views.Special Features:
- Beautiful sunsetSharebearsDined on 3/28/2014We were party of 3 looking for good food and view of the sunset. Amazing place for watching the sun set. Staff very personable and attentive to patrons. Food was good, very limited menu but well prepared and nice presentation of the dishes. We had the special for the evening, a beef dish,and fish dish off the menu. All three very good-- also ordered a wedge salad which could be shared by all three -- very generous portion. Enjoyable evening and by far best place to view a FL sunset. Will return again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view of the Gulf andGolfmomDined on 3/24/2014Great view of the Gulf and quick, attentive service. We all ordered the special, which was Grouper served with asparagus and rice. The grouper was thick and moist and a crowd pleaser. Wine list is acceptable with decent by the glass options from Italy. While the restaurant was full, each table is placed for plenty of privacy per group and the noise level is low. We were staying in the attached hotel, so a great find for combating the crowded naples in-season dining crowds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceeatoutDined on 3/22/2014The entrees were delicious! The high priced Caesar salad was very disappointing. Very small space which is actually part of the lobby. I would make sure that I had a balcony table as the scenery is spectacular!!Special Features:
- Lovely view but service needs work.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2014Lovely view of the gulf from the balcony. Hostess very accommodating with late change to our reservation. Food was good, not great or particularly original. Wait staff were friendly but inexplicably seemed to practically chase us out of the restaurant at the end of the night, bringing us our bill before we finished our meal or asking if we would like dessert and coming back to the table three times in less than 10 minutes to see if we'd paid. We were a quiet table of two and seating was available so remain perplexed about the urgency. Poor ending to what would have been a nice but not spectacular meal.Special Features:
- Beautiful sunsetColleenEDined on 3/20/2014Sitting on an upstairs balcony, we had a lovely view of the pool, beach and Gulf. Saw an inspiring sunset. The food was largely seafood but I ha a great chicken dish. Super dessert martinis. Service was impeccable. We will surely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth it for the viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/9/2014We were pleasantly surprised. We will return. The food was good. My husband had the Salmon and I had a salad and the crab cakes. The waitstaff was very attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor food, Big priceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/28/2014The food at this restaurant was fair, at best but the price was outrageous. The "Heirloom Tomato Salad" for example consisted of 1/2 of a light pink hothouse tomato, about 1/2 oz. of cheese and 4 pieces of bread drizzled with a little dressing and cost $13.50. The portions of the entrees were also quite small and came with no side so you might have to add one of the overpriced salads or sides. My fish had mangos, grapefruit and pimentos on it, none of which were sited on the menu or by the sever. He told me it had spinach on it, which it didn't. One drink and the tasteless salad and bad fish entree came to $75.00. I would suggest that you should go just about anywhere but this place. It is the worst food I've had in my 10 years in Naples!
- Great View, spotty service.TommyDVIPDined on 2/23/2014The view of the Gulf, sunset is spectacular. The service is friendly, but painfully slow. Also they gave the wrong steak dinners to two of our party. One was medium well one was medium rare. We did not discover it until we cut into it. Not a good experience. Other than that is it a great find as a Hotel Restaurant.Special Features:
- 22nd AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/22/2014Excellent Food and very scenic view,, wonderful service...Will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have dined at Coast 4-5OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2013We have dined at Coast 4-5 times in the past 2 years, but this was our first time there this year. It was very disappointing. The food and service was not very good at all. I doubt we will try it again this year.Special Features:
- NiceGmjOnnesDined on 11/7/2013A nice restaurant in the hotel lobby, but eat outside if you can, the balcony is lovely, especially after dark, good food, nice service, not too attentive, enjoyed this restaurant a lotSpecial Features:
- Great view-okay food, bad service!SkeeterVIPDined on 10/25/2013The sunset was incredible. It went downhill from there. Had to ask for a wine bucket to keep the wine cold, food was okay but very pricey and service was terrible. We will not go back. We will not recommend it to anyone for dinner.
- Great atmosphere, outdoorLoanBossDined on 10/20/2013Great atmosphere, outdoor seating, overlooking the pool with a great view if the beach, gulf and wonderful sunset. I had the grouper and it was excellent. My guest had the steak and said it was good, not great. Service was very attentive. Will return if for no other reason than the sunset on the beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staycationJohnInNaplesVIPDined on 10/16/2013Celebrated our anniversary here as we didn't have the time to drive out of town. Hotel was great, beautiful view from our clean and well equipped room, and dinner was among the best we've had in town. Our view was of the sunset over the gulf. Staff was top notch. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful spot on the GulfBeametteDined on 10/5/2013We enjoyed our meal (which was a celebration of my 60th birthday) very much. The waiter (Marc) was attentive without hovering.. The menu had a wonderful selection of many kinds of dishes. Very well prepared and presented. I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Everyone was extremely pleasantWestCoastSunsetCoupleDined on 10/5/2013Every employee we passed made us feel as if we were the only ones there. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beach PerfectJimnd65VIPDined on 9/2/2013Not many places to dine on the beach in Naples. This low profile, small, but sleek restaurant is ones to keep in mind. Great burger for lunch. For dinner try the crabcakes or chicken dish. Both outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Night on the BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2013Our food was excellent..view outstanding! Wait Staff too busy watching the bar football game on tv. We had to go get them for service. Since we indicated it was our Anniversay.. It would have been nice if they had offered a complimentary desert to share! Especially since there were no price specials for the Summer Season. Also add something to absorb the sound in the large open dining area would be great!Special Features:
- Very SpecialjbarmaVIPDined on 8/20/2013Everything about our evening at Coast was special. Great views of the Gulf. Service and food was perfect and they gifted us with desert for my wife's birthday. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Naples gem!gateway2dineVIPDined on 8/4/2013Coast Restaurant is in The Edgewater Beach Hotel with a view overlooking the hotel pool and the Gulf beyond. This is refined Florida elegance at its best. The brunch was delicious and the service was attentive and friendly. We only had a few days in Naples and were delighted we made this choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.